IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferich 9: Oh Nos! Chelsey Married a Maxwell!

nelliebelle1197

16 hours ago, Caroline said:

Another major requirement for me no matter where I live is that there has to be a really strong historical presence and pride.  That comes for me anyway from having grown up in a small city that still has many reminders of it's 400 year history and from living in Europe.  

Ahem... Cherokee Indian passing by just to point out that EVERYWHERE in the United States has a 400+ year history. Carry on.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 6

On 7/6/2021 at 1:01 PM, HereticHick said:

Ahem... Cherokee Indian passing by just to point out that EVERYWHERE in the United States has a 400+ year history. Carry on.

I completely agree.  Around these parts it's now quite common to hear someone who's about to speak publicly to recognize that the land we are using for whatever the event is and the land we live in was once the home of local native people.   We've been hearing a lot about de-colonization and what it means, and the communities around us have been very receptive to understanding the past in a way we've never appreciated enough before.

• Upvote 8

The Bontragers have a new blog post announcing the birth of Malachi Seth Helferich (Allison's Son). It's nothing we didn't see/know before, but it's the official announcement of the birth on their blog. They also announced on the old blog that they switched to the new blog. Anybody why they have a new blog?

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The Bontragers have a new blog post announcing the birth of Malachi Seth Helferich (Allison's Son). It's nothing we didn't see/know before, but it's the official announcement of the birth on their blog. They also announced on the old blog that they switched to the new blog. Anybody why they have a new blog?

Because it's now on their main website rather than separately on blogspot, would be my guess.

Guessing they may have started off wanting to keep their music ministry and family life separate, but ultimately just decided to merge them.

Also, blogspot was HUGE for religious folks of all stripes back in the day. It was THE PLACE between something like 2005 and 2014. I miss those days TBH -says the person still writing a BlogSpot blog ?

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

On 7/5/2021 at 8:56 AM, fundiefan said:

I never thought of a tax thing, but wouldn't be surprised if it played a part. I did, however, think that with the border crossing right there and their history of missioncations in Mexico that it was a very convenient home base for them to go harass people in Mexico then come home to the perceived safety of the US to sleep at night. 

I don't think anyone moves to a place like Douglas without a very specific motive, and that motive is not retirement. 

Ugh. Motives. That just sent my head into an awful space with all the Christian Taliban supporters, crazy Q-Anoners, militias, etc. In an odd twist of fate, I am hoping this is just god bothering and not insurrection… Marlin’s politics are insane. I am sure he hooked Allison’s troth to equally insane people. 

I am jumping off the Internet Speculation Jumbo Jet now… ;)

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

Chelsey just did a blog post- her baby Madeline was born a few days ago at 30 weeks. She is in the NICU. 

Poor Chelsea sounds scared.  I appreciate her honesty and not simply "God coating" little Madeline's early birth.  I pray she and John will have comfort over the next couple months and that Madeline will grow as she should and have no long term complications.

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 3

I have a lot negative to say about the Maxwells but in this case I think the un married Maxwell's still at home will step up and help Chelsea and John immensely. I've seen lots of families struggle to meet the needs of the other children/themselves when trying to care for one critically ill child but I don't think Chelsea will have to worry about that. Mary or Anna will help with the boys and I suspect have meals ready and the house kept clean. Support like that is gold during a medical crisis. 

• Upvote 20

That explains why the Maxwell blog has been so quiet this week.  I pray all goes well for baby Madeline.

ETA-Sarah posted an update.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, browngrl said:

I have a lot negative to say about the Maxwells but in this case I think the un married Maxwell's still at home will step up and help Chelsea and John immensely. I've seen lots of families struggle to meet the needs of the other children/themselves when trying to care for one critically ill child but I don't think Chelsea will have to worry about that. Mary or Anna will help with the boys and I suspect have meals ready and the house kept clean. Support like that is gold during a medical crisis. 

I said before that I think John and Chelsy will stay in Maxhell and not move an hour away like Jesse and Joe because they need the help more. They have 3 kids now in a span of 2.5 years and they will need all the help they can get from the aunties now that Madeline is in the NICU. One of the very few perks of marrying into the Maxwell family I suppose. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

This is when Chelsy really needs her own family. But her mom is off on tour, and I’m betting that Tour Will Go On. And of course Allison has a newborn herself. I’m hoping that at least some of the extended family or old friends from Kalona can be there for her. Praying for the best for little Madeline.

• Upvote 15

17 minutes ago, gracegrace said:

This is when Chelsy really needs her own family. But her mom is off on tour, and I’m betting that Tour Will Go On. And of course Allison has a newborn herself. I’m hoping that at least some of the extended family or old friends from Kalona can be there for her. Praying for the best for little Madeline.

I had the same thought. I was wondering if this would be enough to get Becky to go to Kansas and be with her daughter. Chelsy’s parents have never been the kind to rush out to meet a new grandchild. It will be interesting to see if a situation like this makes them change their plans at all. 

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, gracegrace said:

Knowing The Bontragers, Becky probably thinks she can do more singing christian songs to like minded Christians and praying for Chelsy and the baby. No need to actually support her daughter in her time of need. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, gracegrace said:

While that is true, I can the see the Maxwells being more comforting and valuable at a time like this. The Maxwells do come together and support each other and there is not a lot of ego outside Steve.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

While that is true, I can the see the Maxwells being more comforting and valuable at a time like this. The Maxwells do come together and support each other and there is not a lot of ego outside Steve.

I agree. They helped a ton when Anna Marie was going through treatment and in another state. I hate to say it, but Becky and Marlin would never do that for one of their kids. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

If you remember way back they also helped a ton when Melanie was on bedrest with some of her earlier pregnancies. They had someone over at her house almost all day when she was pregnant with Bethany. They also took over house cleaning for many of her pregnancies. I am sure Chelsey will get to come home every day from being in the NICU with her baby to a sparkling clean house and kids who have been cared for all day. I know I've said it before but while I disagree with the Maxwell's beliefs- I am a bit jealous of the support they give. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

26 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

I know I've said it before but while I disagree with the Maxwell's beliefs- I am a bit jealous of the support they give.

I pulled a Jesse Maxwell and moved over an hour away from my hometown and family. My siblings did not. They had a ton of help with their children. I mean a lot. I have practically no help from family since I live so far. But to me it’s worth it. I would be so unhappy so close to my family. I would be sucked into the drama I prefer to stay out of. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Knowing The Bontragers, Becky probably thinks she can do more singing christian songs to like minded Christians and praying for Chelsy and the baby. No need to actually support her daughter in her time of need. 

I checked the Bontragers' summer tour schedule and they will be on tour for the rest of the summer.  With so many of their kids married and rapidly procreating, you would think they'd reconsider this whole music ministry BS, and give a little time to helping out the new parents. SMH 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, petrushka said:

I checked the Bontragers' summer tour schedule and they will be on tour for the rest of the summer.  With so many of their kids married and rapidly procreating, you would think they'd reconsider this whole music ministry BS, and give a little time to helping out the new parents. SMH 

Since Becky was far away from her parents when she birthed her spawn she must think "I got along OK without my mom so my girls can suck it up too."

• Upvote 4

Being within two hours of home seems close enough to me. Most of my extended family lived further that. 

3 hours ago, petrushka said:

Well to be fair, they probably thought Chelsy would have the baby in September. Also while Marlin and Becky are responsible for indoctrinating their kids to be quiverfull, they aren't responsible for the grandchildren. Only parents are responsible for their kids. It's why I think parents/couples should make their own reproductive decisions and families, churchs, and religions should butt out. At the end of the day, only the parents are responsible for raising their children. It doesn't matter parents of adults, priests, ministers, etc. think or say, the parents need to make decisions about how many children they can realistically handle. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Just thought of something, what are the chances that Marlin and Becky are:

a) vaccinated for COVID

b) still wearing masks and social distancing

c) all of the above

If they're not taking the "plandemic" seriously yet, then they should stay far, far away from their new granddaughter!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 18

10 hours ago, petrushka said:

Far be it from me to defend the Bonts - but why should they give up their life because their grown children are creating families? What parents quit their jobs and stop their activities because their children are procreating? 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

19 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Far be it from me to defend the Bonts - but why should they give up their life because their grown children are creating families? What parents quit their jobs and stop their activities because their children are procreating? 

The thing is, they still have the farm and the inn. They have their businesses and tons of stuff outside of touring. The fact that they have lost 6 out of ten kids to marriage and they need a random guy to join the group tells me maybe it’s time to retire. Lincoln Taylor will probably be married by the time he’s 21 so that would leave just 3. They will have to stop eventually because they are running out of kids to force into performing. They may as well do it now when their kids need them more. 

• Upvote 10

If I had a preemie in NICU my parents (or at least one of them) would drop everything and come help. I would never ask them to. They just would. Same for any of my siblings.

It's what parents who are not brainwashed by religion - when your kid needs you, you come. My grandmother was fretting about how my dad sounded like a sore throat days before she died. Being stuck in hospital, unable to go make him one of her soothing teas, drove her bananas (they were 78 and 54 respectively at that point). You don't magically stop being a parent when your kid grows up... 

But singing at people for jeesus takes precedence over being human when you're a Bontrager. 

• Upvote 12

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The thing is, they still have the farm and the inn. They have their businesses and tons of stuff outside of touring. The fact that they have lost 6 out of ten kids to marriage and they need a random guy to join the group tells me maybe it’s time to retire. Lincoln Taylor will probably be married by the time he’s 21 so that would leave just 3. They will have to stop eventually because they are running out of kids to force into performing. They may as well do it now when their kids need them more. 

Agreed. I think he Bontrager Family Singers will grind to a halt no matter what in 3-4 years.

• Upvote 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic