IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers/Helferich 9: Oh Nos! Chelsey Married a Maxwell!

nelliebelle1197

On 7/29/2021 at 6:05 AM, anachronistic said:

in the last few months, my pain levels have gotten so bad that I welcome any prayer, any wackadoodle crystal salt healing rituals, anything. Because nothing is helping. Pain fills my days, prevents me from living, leaves me just in survival mode.

I am so sorry you are in such constant pain.  I know there is nothing I can do about it - but I hope somehow, some way, you do get respite or relief.  :(

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

50 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

Unfortunately, the hospitals in my state are not allowed to ask, apparently.  That could be the case where they are, too.

Yes, I don't think hospitals in my state can ban visitors based on vaccination status either. 

It sounds like the NICU only lets one parent visit at a time.  That's the same rule at the NICU closest to me.  A friend just had twins.  There was no vaccination screening, just a mask rule. 

• Upvote 1

I just booked an appointment with a gastroenterologist I was referred to. They asked me flat out if I’ve been vaccinated and wanted the exact date of when I got my second shot. I think it was important they asked. It should be part of a persons medical history. But since fathers aren’t being treated by the hospital, maybe they can’t ask. 

• Upvote 6

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just booked an appointment with a gastroenterologist I was referred to. They asked me flat out if I’ve been vaccinated and wanted the exact date of when I got my second shot. I think it was important they asked. It should be part of a persons medical history. But since fathers aren’t being treated by the hospital, maybe they can’t ask. 

I just had a  routine exam ophthalmologist appt last week (here in Maryland) and they also wanted that info & put it in my chart 

• Upvote 3

Well it looks like Alison and Chelsey's mom were able to come for a visit and it sounds like the unmarried Maxwells have been helping Chelsey and John as well. I'm glad they seem to be well supported. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

On 7/31/2021 at 7:45 PM, browngrl said:

Well it looks like Alison and Chelsey's mom were able to come for a visit and it sounds like the unmarried Maxwells have been helping Chelsey and John as well. I'm glad they seem to be well supported. 

nevermind

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell

The Bontragers are ending their tour with the Lake Itasca music festival. That’s what they usually do. The Wissmanns will be there too. Jana will probably tag along to watch Stephen sing.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

The Bontragers posted a lot of pics from summer tour on their blog. Joe only joined them for a few shows. Maybe he got tired of being relegated to a pull along trailer that got tossed in a tornado. I would probably rather stay home too. Without Joe, it’s only the 4 youngest and Becky. I haven’t heard them but they probably aren’t very good. I don’t mean to be cruel but there has been so much change in that band plus 3 of the 4 kids are still underage. They are still learning. I feel like the Bontragers should probably just stop with the tours. They can sing at their home church or places around Iowa. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

On 8/2/2021 at 8:40 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bontragers posted a lot of pics from summer tour on their blog. Joe only joined them for a few shows. Maybe he got tired of being relegated to a pull along trailer that got tossed in a tornado. I would probably rather stay home too. Without Joe, it’s only the 4 youngest and Becky. I haven’t heard them but they probably aren’t very good. I don’t mean to be cruel but there has been so much change in that band plus 3 of the 4 kids are still underage. They are still learning. I feel like the Bontragers should probably just stop with the tours. They can sing at their home church or places around Iowa. 

The Bontragers recently released an album entitled "Finish Well".  Hope that's an indication of the end of their tours.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, petrushka said:

The Bontragers recently released an album entitled "Finish Well".  Hope that's an indication of the end of their tours.

I have an entirely different vision of "finish well". 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 18

On 8/2/2021 at 9:40 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don't want to get too excited or hopeful, but maybe Joe is (figuratively) moving away from the Bontragers. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't want to get too excited or hopeful, but maybe Joe is (figuratively) moving away from the Bontragers. 

I hope he is. I think he just released a new song with his sister. If I was in his shoes, I would stay home and make music with the sister. Because traveling around with the Bontragers is probably pretty boring. And I doubt it does anything for his music career. 

• Upvote 3

Maybe the Bontragers can start touring with the Rods. It will increase their numbers and give them a lot more voices. Becky can cook and feed the Rods.

(This is not intended to be necessarily realistic, and I doubt it will happen. Just an idea.)

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Maybe the Bontragers can start touring with the Rods. It will increase their numbers and give them a lot more voices. Becky can cook and feed the Rods.

(This is not intended to be necessarily realistic, and I doubt it will happen. Just an idea.)

The thought of this makes me laugh. Because it would last a week before Marlin and Jill got into some sort of disagreement about the Bible. And they are both narcissists so neither would back down. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I’m guessing Nehemiah, Jeremiah, and Isaiah. The Helferich’s like boy names that en in -ah.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

They'll have quite a bit of clearing out to do before they move in. Bought in January this year, lots of land, but set out for keeping horses

20210805_193226.jpg

• Upvote 4

That property looks pretty ideal for a compound. Scary house needs lots of work.

The biz link says Joshua is the registered agent.

Oh, as the Helferich world turns....I'm not honestly sure I want to see this to the end. They scare me. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

That property looks pretty ideal for a compound. Scary house needs lots of work.

The biz link says Joshua is the registered agent.

Oh, as the Helferich world turns....I'm not honestly sure I want to see this to the end. They scare me. 

same. they do have a whiff of white domestic terrorists about them, don't they? Kinda like the Bowers. 

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

same. they do have a whiff of white domestic terrorists about them, don't they? Kinda like the Bowers. 

By the way, the 2-house Helferich property back in Minnesota that was listed for sale in May still hasn't sold, despite the 27% price reduction in June: https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/34629-County-Road-1-Mountain-Lake-MN-56159/106637089_zpid/?

• Upvote 6

Malachi is 2 months old and, finally, Allison wrote a no-robotic post. She seems to be doing well. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Malachi is 2 months old and, finally, Allison wrote a no-robotic post. She seems to be doing well. 

But still total silence about the fact that she's moved almost  1000 km from Minnesota to Missouri! so odd.

• Upvote 5

49 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

But still total silence about the fact that she's moved almost  1000 km from Minnesota to Missouri! so odd.

I can imagine she's been told not to say anything by the Helferich patriarch.

Aside from the secret move, her post is amazingly candid (for Allison).

• Upvote 7

Allison says she always preferred toddlers and wasn’t sure if she would do well with a newborn. I have this feeling that many sister moms are this way. Their mothers always take care of the newborns. But by the time they become toddlers, a new baby is there to take up mom’s attention. And that’s when the toddler is handed off to the sister moms.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, petrushka said:

I can imagine she's been told not to say anything by the Helferich patriarch.

Aside from the secret move, her post is amazingly candid (for Allison).

Being told you can't share a major move on your blog doesn't sound healthy. It's possible Allison isn't ready to share, but it seems controlling if her in-laws or husband won't let her tell people she changed states.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

The Bontragers seem to try and put a positive spin on life’s challenges when blogging. Maybe Allison just can’t put a positive spin on it yet. I’m sure she will come up with something eventually and spin it as a positive move.

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic