IGNORED

Carlin & Evan 9: Whatever Carlin's Trying, She Isn't Nailing It (& Why Is Layla a Naked Hippy Baby?)

nelliebelle1197

On 9/15/2021 at 6:15 AM, SorenaJ said:

Is the cover to the part you pee on not choking size? That seems like a dangerous thing for Layla to have in her mouth. 

Not really. It pretty big. I seriously doubt a three year old could choke on it.

On 9/18/2021 at 11:58 AM, just_ordinary said:

Not really. It pretty big. I seriously doubt a three year old could choke on it.

Layla will be 2 in January.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

Carlin has learned nothing from sending Izzy to training camp. Her stories yesterday show Layla trying to play with Izzy while the dog was chewing her bone and wanted nothing to do with the kid. She then pulled on Izzys leash (why was the dog on a leash?). Instead of saying “stop, Izzy doesn’t want to play right now” Carlin films the whole thing and even suggests toys for Layla to bring to the dog. It wasn’t until they had been bothering the dog for a while that she said to stop. 

recipe for disaster

187056FC-CD26-4D1E-8726-5B245F3E9EA5.png

30FC4EDE-A6EE-42CB-966D-98E78C6BDD32.png

• Upvote 8
  • Angry 4
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Ugh, and on the dog’s bed at that!  We have a rule in our house that the dog’s bed is her space.  No one is allowed to bother her when she is on her bed.  It’s a pretty basic rule that establishes easy to understand and follow boundaries for kids. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 5

10 minutes ago, treehugger said:

Ugh, and on the dog’s bed at that!  We have a rule in our house that the dog’s bed is her space.  No one is allowed to bother her when she is on her bed.  It’s a pretty basic rule that establishes easy to understand and follow boundaries for kids. 

Same here. The kids aren't allowed to approach the dog's bed because that is her space. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

On 9/24/2021 at 3:35 PM, artdecades said:

Carlin has learned nothing from sending Izzy to training camp. Her stories yesterday show Layla trying to play with Izzy while the dog was chewing her bone and wanted nothing to do with the kid. She then pulled on Izzys leash (why was the dog on a leash?). Instead of saying “stop, Izzy doesn’t want to play right now” Carlin films the whole thing and even suggests toys for Layla to bring to the dog. It wasn’t until they had been bothering the dog for a while that she said to stop. 

recipe for disaster

187056FC-CD26-4D1E-8726-5B245F3E9EA5.png

30FC4EDE-A6EE-42CB-966D-98E78C6BDD32.png

I had never heard of doggy training camps, until Carlin decided to send her dog to one. Not gonna lie, I'm not sure I understand the whole concept. Maybe someone on here have used it and had a positive experience?

It's true that some dogs can be harder to train. I believe animals come with their own innate personallity, just like humans. But if a dog needs more training, discipline and supervision, YOU need to put the time and effort in the training, not just send the dog away. If the dog off to training camp and is being trained by someone else, how will it then respect you once it comes back home. I grew up with dogs all my life and from my experience, a dog forms an attachment with the humans in its life. It won't just listen to anyone. If you want to train your dog better and make sure your dog listens, YOU need to be the one bonding with it. Did Carlin and Evan just expect the training camp would make Izzy automatically obedient without putting any effort themselves?

Poor Izzy. She's just a prop for them. She seems cute and would probably be better off with a family that was willing to really invest time in taking care of her.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

In our house the dog beds frequently have kids lounging on them, even now that the kids are teens. And when the kids were small the kids' bean bags and little kid "sofas" often had dogs lounging on them BUT our dogs do have a space to go when they need time away since we leave their crates up with the doors open for them to come and go. They rarely go in there, but even my niece and nephew who don't visit all that often know that the kennels are off limits to people. We also taught our kids not to harass the dogs when they are eating or chewing a bone, even though all of our dogs have been pretty relaxed whe it comes to food/treats/bones it just takes one grumpy moment for things to turn ugly. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I still can’t get past making the puppy do training without the owner(s)! When we got our dog, my partner had a bit of experience, having had a dog in his teens, I had no experience and clearly, neither did the puppy. 
At training sessions the dog and I learnt the same amount. What use is the best trained dog if the owner doesn’t know the commands and rules!? The knowledge of psychology of pack hierarchy and mentality was almost more valuable than the actual commands. 

Kudos for being better than Gil and Kelly Jo. 
A+ for realising the dog needs more attention than just food, F- for course choice and methods used. (Just like Alyssa and homeschooling)

Edited by Mrs Ms
Extra word snuck in.
  • Upvote 6

On 9/24/2021 at 9:35 PM, artdecades said:

Carlin has learned nothing from sending Izzy to training camp

I'm sure the camp's goal was to get a submissive animal that obeys them. Kind of a living toy. It wasn't about respecting the dog at all.

I hope Layla keeps so smiley and funny and mini me. Because if she was introverted or disobedient or refusing weird outfits etc, I wonder if Carlin would start a hard training. She needs everything to fit in her scheme, the same that Kelly did, just with a trendy mainstream look.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

The training camp won't work because Carlin and Evan didn't bother doing their part of it, which is to follow up with training sessions with them and Izzy. Idk what the trainer recommended to them, but that's a necessary part. You need to know how to relate to and work with your dog so the training sticks.

Izzy is going to bite Layla if Carlin allows this behavior to continue and it will be SUCH A SHOCK. What a disservice they are doing to both.

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
Riffles
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

The training camp won't work because Carlin and Evan didn't bother doing their part of it, which is to follow up with training sessions with them and Izzy. Idk what the trainer recommended to them, but that's a necessary part. You need to know how to relate to and work with your dog so the training sticks.

Izzy is going to bite Layla if Carlin allows this behavior to continue and it will be SUCH A SHOCK. What a disservice they are doing to both.

In the last vlog Evan said the trainer gave them instructions and he showed himself giving Izzy treats after she did a few commands. To be honest i feel like the trainer scammed them, because to teach a dog that kind of thing it is not necesary to sent them to a expensive weeks long camp.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Very possible. I know that people do these camps and I'm okay with them if done correctly (I think the trainer needs to work with the people and the dog at the same time). The Stewarts are too careless for a dog, but maybe the ball was dropped in multiple places.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Militant Fecundity said:

Is this like Alert or Journey to the Heart, but for canines, lol? 

Izzy was having a crisis of faith?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

On 9/27/2021 at 3:36 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

Izzy was having a crisis of faith?

Does Izzy need an Accountability Buddy? Because Rufus knows that what these InstaIdiots need is another dog.

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 4

Carlin is having a lot of anxiety with the second pregnancy, and seems to struggle with anxiety in general. As a fellow anxiety-sufferer, I would really feel for her, but apparently her (and my) problem is just not making Jesus "the only voice in my head." FFS 

Sad picture is then followed by this moments later:

Spoiler

1502178657_ScreenShot2021-09-30at5_12_52PM.png.bde3ac2e8f4cb67c48ad7ad700e55fda.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 5.12.46 PM.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 3
  • Eyeroll 16

I had severe post-party anxiety after the birth of my second child, and am a very anxious person in general. I am generally very sympathetic to fellow sufferers, but this, ugh 🙄.  This kind of “instant” fix stuff just feels so trite and contrived.  I feel really bad for her if she does have severe anxiety, but Instagram and Jesus may not be the best support system. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

I definitely think she could have anxiety (Carlin actually reminds me of me in her over the top obnoxious personality and for me, that was always away to mask my anxiety) and she comes from a world where Jesus is the only answer. She is not encouraged to talk to a professional or get medication. She is told to pray. To fix the problem herself, so I think for Carlin she throws herself into being super happy and excited and overly involved about everything. She went through a traumatic experience with Layla and is now having a difficult second pregnancy, it is a lot, and she hasn’t been taught any coping mechanisms other than Jesus. Same with Josie and her baby blues, neither of them are going to be encouraged to get the help they probably need. 

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 8
  • Sad 3

All good feelings and well wishes are pretty much negated in me by the pompous look at me I’m so pretty crying pic. Are you really anxious or are you looking for attention? It just raises doubt. 

• Upvote 17

Ok I’m calling boy. It’s a big call for me as I have yet to call a boy. I have gotten 100 percent on my “angle of the dangle” guesses (all girls). I have yet to call a boy and have a boy. From ones she posted earlier in pregnancy I thought girl but I’m going with boy now. Fingers crossed. 

Spoiler

2919BB4A-8D20-4886-8BFE-937FD69CB6AD.thumb.png.6c723e6ac0585772778141040903960f.png9CB74E3D-4578-4991-B9B3-0F228A604782.thumb.png.9fb75bbd155fdedc4ad5290228a0ba16.pngD2B56B4C-42AA-46C3-AC3D-7C5482A9C2A6.thumb.png.4dfbb6c107a249519b301db57cf6faa0.png

3 hours ago, neurogirl said:

Carlin is having a lot of anxiety with the second pregnancy, and seems to struggle with anxiety in general. As a fellow anxiety-sufferer, I would really feel for her, but apparently her (and my) problem is just not making Jesus "the only voice in my head." FFS 

Sad picture is then followed by this moments later:

Reveal hidden contents

1502178657_ScreenShot2021-09-30at5_12_52PM.png.bde3ac2e8f4cb67c48ad7ad700e55fda.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 5.12.46 PM.png

I guess that's my issue. I'm Jewish so I don't really make room for Jesus in my head. That's why I had the worst panic attack to date so far today.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 9

As a young teen, Carlin suffered anxiety and, from Kelly's description, probably depression. Apparently, prayer solved the problem. 

Carlin is obnoxious, and posting herself suffering and crying looks kinda fake. But sadly, I think it's real.

• Upvote 7

I think Carlin just posts every emotion she has ever felt, so some of them will be sad and anxious. No content filter. Also she seems like she feels every emotion strongly. 

I am a Christian, and Jesus' voice is in my head, but I still have anxiety and go to real secular therapy. Prayer and Jesus is not gonna cure my anxiety. Secular therapy might. 

I do think prayer can sometimes make me calm down when I am stressed, though. If I have too many things to do, and get really overwhelmed, I'll pray: 'God, give me strength and energy to get everything done'. Instead, I get clarity and calmness, to work through my to-do list in a calm and careful way. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 6

I think this is a classic case of real struggle with anxiety AND playing it up big time on the web. Feeling anxious from time to time is very normal, suffering from anxiety attacks in a way that reduces your ability to function and quality of life is not. I think Carlin experiences normal anxiety and very probably some more (and I can totally see how their mindset around sinning and their whole upbringing really pushes them over the edge). Do I think she has an anxiety disorder? I don’t know I am not a doctor, but what she displays makes me doubt it. Or at least makes me doubt that in this instance she had a real anxiety attack but experienced normal anxiety.

• Upvote 1

It's hard to say, really. Normally I'd say that when you're having a real anxiety attack, you have other things on your mind than posting crying selfies on the internet. Otoh, at this point that might be second nature to her. And I do think that she's genuinely worried and scared regarding this current pregnancy.

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic