IGNORED

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene: The QAnon Lady From GA-14

Cartmann99

19 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

“The church is not doing its job, and it’s not adhering to the teachings of Christ, and it’s not adhering to what the word of God says we’re supposed to do and how we’re supposed to live.”- Loud Marge

"That love one another thing?  I meant it for everyone, not just white American Republicans."  -Jesus 

• Upvote 8

Catholic League calls on Congress to sanction Marjorie Taylor Greene after she linked church leaders to Satan

On Thursday, the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights released a statement calling on Congress to sanction Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) for her recent statements attacking the Catholic Church.

"Greene has a history of offending African Americans and Jews, so bigotry is something that is apparently baked into her," wrote Catholic League President Bill Donohue in the letter to House Ethics Committee leaders Ted Deutch (D-FL) and Jackie Walorski (R-IN).

"The time has come for her to be either reprimanded or censured," Donohue added. "Her irresponsible behavior has already caused her to be removed from committee assignments. Accordingly, her burst of anti-Catholicism now demands stronger sanctions against her."

Greene, who has said she grew up Catholic but is now an evangelical Protestant, stirred controversy earlier this week when she claimed in an interview with Church Militant that the Catholic Church is "controlled by Satan," citing the work of Catholic charities that help immigrants in the United States, and the Church's history of covering up clergy who have committed sexual abuse of children.

"The Church is not doing its job, and it's not adhering to the teachings of Christ," she said in that interview.

The comments have drawn rebuke from other right-wing commentators, like Erick Erickson, who called Greene's attack on Catholics "inexcusable."

Greene, who has promoted QAnon conspiracy theories, was already stripped of her House committee assignments last year after the emergence of social media activity in which she appeared to endorse the killing of prominent Democratic politicians for treason.

• Thank You 6

20 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Explains a lot.

image.thumb.png.d5d3e36d4f89f75e9ea4a9dbb25d5849.png

What in Aqua Net hell? I had some serious hair don’ts in my day but this Flock of Seagulls/Robert Smith of the Cure/Kate Gosselin/Augustus Gloop after he was retrieved from the suction tube mashup is just tragic. And I haven’t even mentioned the eyebrow situation. 😳

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

Yesterday, she wanted to meet with Elon Musk about getting banned people back on Twitter. 🤔

• Upvote 5

53 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Any wonder why Boebert doesn't like being lumped in with this particular brand of crazy?

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Any wonder why Boebert doesn't like being lumped in with this particular brand of crazy?

They really hate each other. 

Greene and Boebert nearly came to blows last month

MAGA populist agitators Reps. Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene have a fraught relationship despite often being grouped together, even once almost coming to blows, according to a new report.

Last month, during a meeting with members of the House Freedom Caucus, the duo had a heated exchange over Greene's appearance at an event hosted by far-right Nicholas Fuentes, and they may have engaged in an altercation had another lawmaker not intervened, Politico reported.

"It doesn't matter if I'm speaking to Democrat union members or 1,200 young conservatives who feel cast aside and marginalized by society," Greene said at the controversial event. "The Pharisees in the Republican Party may attack me for being willing to break barriers and speak to a lost generation of young people who are desperate for love and leadership."

The details of the confrontation between Greene and Boebert are not immediately clear, but the clash was confirmed to the outlet by three people with connections to the Freedom Caucus. Boebert loathes being associated with Greene and is seen as more of a team player within the Republican Party, the outlet reported.

The two female MAGA heralds are often associated with each other because of their aggressive political tactics and incendiary rhetoric. They habitually fall on the same side of several political topics and even share views regarding internal Republican Party rifts. During the State of the Union address, the pair breached decorum and heckled President Joe Biden, just one day after their clash at the Freedom Caucus meeting, according to the report.

Greene drew backlash from some members of the Republican Party for attending the America First Political Action Conference in February because Fuentes, 23, is accused of being a white nationalist by multiple groups, such as the Southern Poverty Law Center. At the event, he appeared to praise Russian President Vladimir Putin. He has also denied the Holocaust and expressed admiration for the Taliban's harsh treatment of women.

"Now they're going on about Russia and 'Vladimir Putin is Hitler,'" he said at the event, according to Vanity Fair. "They say that's not a good thing."

The two have been embroiled in other political conflicts in recent months. Greene is currently battling a lawsuit seeking to boot her off the May 24 primary ballot in Georgia, and Boebert made headlines for sparring with left-wing Rep. Ilhan Omar, whom she claimed has a "hate" of Christians.

The Washington Examiner reached out to spokespeople for Boebert, Greene, Fuentes, and the Freedom Caucus.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

They really hate each other. 

Greene and Boebert nearly came to blows last month

Yeah I heard about that.  It might make me a bad person, but I wish they had and video of it made it to YouTube.  You'd need a few dozen container ships full of popcorn for the people watching that video and the server the video actually lived on would probably get burned out in no time at all due to the number of people wanting to see the video.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

On 4/29/2022 at 12:56 AM, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

What in Aqua Net hell? I had some serious hair don’ts in my day but this Flock of Seagulls/Robert Smith of the Cure/Kate Gosselin/Augustus Gloop after he was retrieved from the suction tube mashup is just tragic. And I haven’t even mentioned the eyebrow situation. 😳

LOL she looks like at least half the girls I graduated high school with. Most of the rest had even bigger hair, because their hair was longer. The photographer gave up trying to fit the complete hairdo in the photos for most of them. 

On 4/30/2022 at 11:33 AM, 47of74 said:

Yeah I heard about that.  It might make me a bad person, but I wish they had and video of it made it to YouTube.  You'd need a few dozen container ships full of popcorn for the people watching that video and the server the video actually lived on would probably get burned out in no time at all due to the number of people wanting to see the video.

I kind of love that the crazies can't even agree on their crazy. It's like a preview of what will happen if Repubs ever get the theocracy they seem to want. Immediate fierce infighting. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

LOL she looks like at least half the girls I graduated high school with. Most of the rest had even bigger hair, because their hair was longer. The photographer gave up trying to fit the complete hairdo in the photos for most of them. 

Yeah that was a fair number of the girls when I was in high school.  Especially those who were ahead of my class. I think by 1993 when I graduated big hair starting to go out of style and women were doing more of a natural look.  My cousin had that sort of hairstyle for a while but I think even she had gotten away from it by the time she started college.  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Alisamer said:

LOL she looks like at least half the girls I graduated high school with. Most of the rest had even bigger hair, because their hair was longer. The photographer gave up trying to fit the complete hairdo in the photos for most of them

I graduated in 1990 and called girls like that fluff chicks. It seems like it later took on a definition of people who are not very smart. I think both definitions fit MTG.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I graduated in 1990 and called girls like that fluff chicks. It seems like it later took on a definition of people who are not very smart. I think both definitions fit MTG.

That fits! I graduated in '92, and the girl who got voted "best hair" in the class was the first one (and only one until after graduation, I think) to ditch the perm and bang poof and wear her hair down and straight. I had done perms, but could never get the huge hair quite right, and I ditched all that during that summer - between working as a ride operator at an amusement park in the dead of summer and heading off to a women's college, I couldn't be bothered anymore.

• Upvote 5

• Disgust 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 1

Based on some rulings he made during the trial, I thought he was heading this direction but I really hoped he’d have the guts to find her ineligible. The silver lining is she has now testified under oath so if called to testify in any future proceedings including before the Committee or lawsuits (for example, if sued by police suffering injuries who can link her to inciting the violence) she is locked into her answers. She incurred legal expenses and really looked like a buffoon which had to get the attention of at least a few of the people who had voted for her. She may have won the battle but let’s hope it is the beginning of the loss of her war. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

If you saw MTG's new picture on Twitter and wondered WTH was going on:

More 👇

Spoiler

Fashwave

Fashwave (a portmanteau of the terms "fascism" and "wave") is a derivative aesthetic of Synthwave or Vaporwave that is associated with alt-right/far-right/dissident right beliefs like upholding tradition, maintaining racial purity, Anti-Semitism, ultranationalism, and a rejection of post-modernist thought (which a lot of the modern aesthetics on this Wiki are actually examples of). It's not unusual for people from the Fashwave scene to try and assimilate into the more "mainstream" Synthwave or Vaporwave scenes, but they are often sniffed out pretty quickly and given the boot because nobody wants to associate with actual Neo-Nazis.

Fashwave is just an extension of the alt-right, an amalgamation of various far-right groups such as Neo-Nazis, Neo-Confederates, skinheads (nothing to do with the Skinheads aesthetic), white nationalists, white supremacists, and other like-minded individuals in an attempt to establish a wholly white ethnostate by any means necessary (though they'll never actually admit it because they know their actual worldview is highly unpopular these days). For more information on how the alt-right operate, please check out the video in the gallery below entitled "The Alt-Right Playbook: How to Radicalize a Normie"; it's a long video, but it can really show how they're able to recruit otherwise-normal people and highlights why they decided to create Fashwave (as well as infiltrate the Cottagecore community).

• Thank You 8

Grifters gotta grift:

At least one R in her district is not happy:

image.png.a66a34010b2eaec4c7fa43cd35970ff0.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Hey, less money to spend on her actual campaign, I guess.....

Seriously, though, this is yet another reason we need campaign finance reform and regulation like, yesterday.  These fuckers can rake in the dough and spend it on just about anything or anyone.  Also - the same reason that campaign finance reform will never, ever pass.  They like having the slush fund.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Grifters gotta grift:

At least one R in her district is not happy:

image.png.a66a34010b2eaec4c7fa43cd35970ff0.png

“This tricky bish done tricky bished me!”

• Upvote 3

• Thank You 9

On 5/14/2022 at 4:36 AM, 47of74 said:

The best way to deal with a bully is to stand up to the bully. Those GOP cowards need to grow some ovaries and put her in her place. Why are they so scared of her? Does she have pictures of them at the coke-fueled orgies? Receipts from their mistresses’ abortions? We all know they’re hypocrites and they’ll just do the whole “I asked Jesus to forgive me and He did” bit so why so afraid? 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

The best way to deal with a bully is to stand up to the bully. Those GOP cowards need to grow some ovaries and put her in her place. Why are they so scared of her? Does she have pictures of them at the coke-fueled orgies? Receipts from their mistresses’ abortions? We all know they’re hypocrites and they’ll just do the whole “I asked Jesus to forgive me and He did” bit so why so afraid? 

I don't think it's about sex, or drugs, or abortions. It's about money... and more specifically, where the money trail leads to.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic