IGNORED

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene: The QAnon Lady From GA-14

Cartmann99

Margie needs to sit down and shut up:

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 3

Well, Marge.  As they say, you can't stain a black coat.  Your reputation is in tatters anyway.  So is Trump's.  I am happy, though, that she's upset with the upcoming hearings.  I'm popping popcorn...

• Upvote 8

20 hours ago, Xan said:

Well, Marge.  As they say, you can't stain a black coat.

I have never heard this phrase but I have a feeling it will become a regular one for me over the next few days/weeks/months as these hearings progress.  

Oh Marge, you defame yourself every time you open your mouth and let the filth spill out.  Trump defamed himself when he talked about sexual aggression and assault towards women; peeping at young girls changing backstage at beauty pageants; shooting someone in the middle of 5th Avenue; referring to "blood coming out of her....whereever"; enthusing about "love letters" from dictators; calling a highly respected public servant a "nasty woman"; resorting to name-calling of opponents during the primaries; oh the list goes on and on.  Just because the low and classless find you and him worthy of their admiration doesn't mean you are indeed worthy of anything but scorn from anyone with critical thinking skills. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

I have never heard this phrase but I have a feeling it will become a regular one for me over the next few days/weeks/months as these hearings progress.  

It's from Charles Dickens.  He used it in Nicholas Nickleby.  There's actually more to than this.  The villain in the book says something along the lines of , "the whole world knows what sort of man I am and I do not grow poorer".  That whole passage always makes me think of Trump.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

"Greene, when a Brit asked about mass shootings: What about mass stabbings?"

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) had just finished reading a statement in opposition to a bipartisan agreement aimed at addressing gun violence on Wednesday when a British reporter made an observation.

“We don’t have guns in the U.K., that is true,” the reporter said, “but we don’t have mass shootings, either. Children aren’t scared to go to school.”

“You have mass stabbings, lady,” Greene replied. “You have all kinds of murder. And you’ve got laws against that.”

“Nothing like the same rates here,” the reporter replied.

“Well,” Greene replied, “you can go back to your country and worry about your no guns. We like ours here.”

“That’s very kind of you,” the reporter answered wryly.

Greene apparently thought she triumphed in this exchange, posting it to her Twitter account. She did not.

It is true that knife violence is considered a problem in Britain. A rise in stabbings in recent years prompted a flurry of news articles and analyses aimed at exploring the phenomenon. And it is also true that there have been incidents in which multiple people are stabbed in one gathering.

But there’s simply no comparison between violent crimes involving knives in the United Kingdom and crimes involving firearms in the United States.

Part of the reason that stabbings are such a focus of attention in Britain is that there aren’t hundreds of shooting incidents that might otherwise draw scrutiny. Data from the U.K. and U.S. governments show that the rate of homicide deaths from stabbings in England and Wales is about seven times that of the rate from firearms — because there are far fewer firearms in the population. The United States actually has a higher rate of stabbing homicides than the U.K., 6.3 per million residents vs. 3.9 per million. But since the rate of deaths from firearms is so much higher — 61.9 per million in 2020 — we rarely discuss the frequency of stabbing deaths.

image.png.9fde4ab6b27ccd2084c8a46d9fdb0aff.png

What Greene is doing, of course, is something different. She’s trying to equate mass-shooting incidents with mass-stabbing ones in the abstract. It’s a bit like the Heritage Foundation’s embarrassing effort to downplay major mass-shooting events by noting that “in other countries, bombings, mass stabbings, and car attacks frequently kill more people than even the deadliest mass shootings in the United States.”

That six people were killed in China in 2014 when a car rammed into a crowd (as Heritage notes) is not actually a reason to shrug at mass shootings in the United States — that the incident in China was something exceptional is the point. There have been at least 29 mass-shooting incidents since 2019 in which at least six people were killed, according to the Gun Violence Archive.

This overlaps with Greene’s point. Yes, there are mass stabbings in the U.K., but they’re also far less deadly than mass shootings for reasons that no adult needs to have explained to them.

In April, four people were killed in a mass stabbing incident in London, a remarkably deadly incident for the country. There have been at least 14 mass-shooting incidents this year in the U.S. that have left at least four people dead. That’s just the incidents; 91 people died in those shootings.

Many of those who advocate for looser gun laws no longer try to downplay the reality of gun violence in the United States, arguing instead (as in this CNN report on gun enthusiasts in Oklahoma) that it is an unavoidable reality that demands a literal arms race in response. Regardless of how one feels about the argument, it is at least reality-adjacent.

Greene’s argument is not. It’s whataboutism of the most easily deflated kind. Gun homicides are worse in the United States than in the U.K. So are knife homicides, but we don’t notice because they sit in the shadow of the death toll from firearms. But we like our guns, as Greene put it, so that’s that.

• Upvote 7

I love AOC’s slap down of Margie

image.thumb.png.8a164c043996dca1a4b8a37d9c7f1c75.png

• Upvote 8
  • Love 6

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Marge, sit down and shut up.

image.png.c094e102627c1be82bdcc9b79befefbc.png

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Dear Marge, sit down and shut up.

image.png.c094e102627c1be82bdcc9b79befefbc.png

Oh Marge, there you go making up crazy rules again.  But yes, go ahead, have all those guys testify on television.  Under oath.  Subject to cross examination.  Do it.  

image.png.76acea2453737aca96189feaa54a23b3.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

I love, love, love the idea of Margie interviewing the orange one, under oath, on live tv. We could take bets on who incriminates whom how quickly and how often. 

Could be Yuge. Tremendous. The bestest.

Like a presidential debate but where the winner gets taken off the stage in handcuffs.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Shrubbery said:

I love, love, love the idea of Margie interviewing the orange one, under oath, on live tv. We could take bets on who incriminates whom how quickly and how often. 

Could be Yuge. Tremendous. The bestest.

Like a presidential debate but where the winner gets taken off the stage in handcuffs.

Dear Santa- I've been VERY VERY good this year!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

Marjorie being a fucking idiot again 

Marjorie Taylor Greene suggested Tuesday night on Facebook that the 4th of July shooting in Highland Park, Illinois, was orchestrated by Democrats as part of an effort to convince Republicans to support gun control measures.

“Two shootings on July 4th, one in a rich, white neighborhood and another at a fireworks display,” she said, also referencing two police officers who were shot non-fatally in Philadelphia. “It almost sounds like it’s designed to persuade Republicans to go along with more gun control. We didn’t see that happen at all the Pride parades in June, but as soon as we hit MAGA month, the month that we’re all celebrating, loving our country, we have shootings on July 4th. I mean…”

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 8
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, 47of74 said:

She's such a moron. According to at least one list I found there were about 68 mass shootings (4 or more people injured or killed) in June. Maybe they weren't at Pride parades, but there were shootings. 

I don't get what is so difficult to understand. Fewer guns = fewer shootings. It's been shown over and over in other countries. Nobody needs to be able to spray a crowd with bullets killing multiple people in seconds. Leave military weapons for the military in actual war situations. Limit magazine capacity. Make it more difficult for people with warning signs to get ahold of guns. Restrict people from building ridiculous arsenals. Require education, licensing, and safety checks for guns just like cars. Make shooters have to actually put in effort - have to aim each shot and pull the trigger individually, force them to have to reload. Make guns more difficult to acquire in the first place. Will there still be shooters? Yeah. I'm sure there will be. But the more effort it takes to get a gun, plan a shooting, carry out a shooting... the fewer people there will be willing to put in that effort. And the more time the actual shooting takes, the more often the shooter has to stop to reload/change guns/whatever, the more chance there will be for people to escape or stop the shooting (Uvalde not withstanding) and the more chance there will be for the shooter himself to be like "WTAF am I doing?" 

I'm beginning to think the minimum age for gun handling or possession outside a licensed, registered, regularly inspected shooting range ought to be 25. It's difficult to rent a car before you are 25, why not restrict guns the same way? And some guns should ONLY be allowed on those premises.

And yeah, criminals will get guns. But criminals steal those guns, and the fewer citizens there are with guns the fewer there are to steal. Criminals also often ditch those guns, hiding evidence when they've committed a gun-related crime, so the numbers dwindle slowly over time. 

At some point, if the populace only has muzzle-loading muskets, the criminals will eventually also only have muzzle-loading muskets. 

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, Alisamer said:

And yeah, criminals will get guns. But criminals steal those guns, and the fewer citizens there are with guns the fewer there are to steal. Criminals also often ditch those guns, hiding evidence when they've committed a gun-related crime, so the numbers dwindle slowly over time. 

Anecdotal and I have not done any research, but in my six-county wide area, the most commonly stolen item is guns. Many of the thefts are targeted thefts- either from houses or vehicles of people known to own guns or even taken directly from people known to carry. It’s more often the house/vehicle situation. The dumbasses who advertise their love of guns tend to be the same dumbasses who feel the need to brag about upcoming vacations of social media OR it’s people who run in the same criminal elements who all know who has a gun stash and who just got picked up on a new charge/warrant so it’s time to raid the house for guns & drugs. But sometimes someone who is know to carry gets jumped or outmanned. So @Alisamer’s point bears fruit. Fewer guns to steal, fewer guns in the wrong hands. No high powered assault weapons available to civilians, none to steal. 

I doubt I need to tell anyone here as you are all smarter than the ammosexuals, but if you have a gun/guns, don’t advertise it. Social media posts and those signs on the house & vehicles that brag about the weapons inside are catnip to a certain kind of criminal. Guns are quite a profitable market and even if the person gets caught, the hassle of dealing with it all isn’t worth it. If the person isn’t caught, those stolen guns are not going to be used for a good purpose. I am stunned at how very stupid some people can be. 

• Upvote 7

MTG is in line with another brilliant analyst of the political scene - Bro Gary:

image.png.d8487bc6fc8ba1032b5e0362d9efc69b.png

Idiots.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 5

6 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

MTG is in line with another brilliant analyst of the political scene - Bro Gary:

image.png.d8487bc6fc8ba1032b5e0362d9efc69b.png

Idiots.

Yes, Bro Gary, I HAVE thought the shootings “is cause by the Politicians”. The ones who pose with their families all locked & loaded for Christmas pictures. The ones who say stupid shit like if Jesus had guns he wouldn’t have been crucified. The ones who are in bed with the NRA. The ones who align Christianity with guns. The ones who ignore the “as part of a well regulated militia” language in 2A. The ones who offer “thoughts and prayers” even after children in schools and people in churches and the “birthday of our country” are massacred but still insist that every civilian has a “right” to weapons designed for maximum murder and carnage in minimum time. The ones who won’t do a damn thing while they let killers keep this country at their mercy. They are the ones who will do “anything to destroy our country” like refuse to seat a SCOTUS justice during an election year only to rush through one four years later; ignore a credible woman in favor of a clear liar to seat him; ignore that THREE recent SCOTUS appointees and three longstanding SCOTUS justices have engaged in a judicial coup; refuse to vote to remove from office a man who clearly impugned the office of POTUS; willingly backstab the people in their own lives party with the moral fortitude to stand up for right; and oh Bro Gary I could go on and on. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

On 7/7/2022 at 4:41 AM, 47of74 said:

I'm not that far from the area and have friends who live close by there. She needs to STFU. There is an 8 year old boy who's spine was severed and will paralyzed IF he survives. 

• Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.3c21dc1bf8fdd9cd35d7af761b6f7299.png

I do hope, for the guards‘ sakes, that she’ll be up to date with her vaccinations by then. She’s probably already dewormed herself so that’s one thing not to worry about. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

They're proud of this:

• Disgust 4
  • WTF 4

Let me get this straight. MTG has been banned from participating in any Congressional committees, and whiles away her time hosting an anti-democracy podcast that spouts the most ridiculous conspiracy theories and all manner of idiocy, all while being paid for it by the American public? 🤔

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Let me get this straight. MTG has been banned from participating in any Congressional committees, and whiles away her time hosting an anti-democracy podcast that spouts the most ridiculous conspiracy theories and all manner of idiocy, all while being paid for it by the American public? 🤔

Yup, that about covers it. AND she won the recent primary in GA, so people are still content to have her "serve" in Congress.  It is mind-boggling, isn't it?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...

I saw that "She is a Nazi" was trending on Twitter and pretty much had the likely candidates for who the "She" in this case was. 

Yeah, MTG.  Of course.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic