IGNORED

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene: The QAnon Lady From GA-14

Cartmann99

If she is so weak, wtf is she doing in Congress? By her own reasoning, she should be at home taking care of her four kids, firmly under the protection of her husband.

As an aside, why isn’t her husband standing up for his poor, weak, defenseless little wife, instead of a colleague from work who is under investigation for sex crimes with underage girls? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

The challenge to Major Failure Greene might just be going ahead after all

A federal judge signaled Friday that she'll likely allow a group of Georgia voters to move forward with their constitutional challenge against GOP Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, which claims she can't run for reelection because she aided the January 6 insurrectionists.

Federal Judge Amy Totenberg of the Northern District of Georgia said during a lengthy hearing that she has "significant questions and concerns" about a recent ruling in a similar case, which blocked the same challenge against Rep. Madison Cawthorn, a North Carolina Republican.

A group of Georgia voters, backed by a coalition of constitutional scholars and liberal activists, lodged the challenge against Greene last month with state election officials. Greene then filed her own lawsuit in federal court, asking Totenberg to shut down the state-level proceedings.

Totenberg said she will issue a ruling next week, likely on Monday. That's two days before a state judge is scheduled to hold a hearing on the underlying question of whether Greene engaged in or aided the January 6, 2021, insurrection and whether that disqualifies her from office.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

Soooo...how much of a chance is there that this means the end of MTG in Congress next year?

• Upvote 12

Same goes for Congress.

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Same goes for Congress.

Hardly anyone raises their hands at her town halls when she asks about Twitter accounts, because she's preaching to the deluded, undereducated, bigoted, and frankly stupid. They're either deluded enough that they have moved to some further right wing platform, dangerous enough to have got themselves banned, or simply stuck in the past so badly they see Twitter as some new scary thing they are too dumb to learn how to use. 

I think a big part of her audience are deep down scared that they are actually stupid. And so they support things that make them feel smart. MTG is dumb, but she made it to congress, so wow they're smarter than her so they must be brilliant! That's why they buy into conspiracy theories that make them feel like they know something others don't. They feel smart for "understanding" convoluted conspiracies that don't make any sense, while simultaneously agreeing with ignorant statements from the politicians they support, along the lines of "how can there be global warming when it's so cold outside right now?" and "but where does the electricity come from when the wind stops, if you're using wind turbines?"

The scariest thing to me is that the ignorant and undereducated are loud, and they vote. And worse, they double down on education like it's a bad thing, and will likely pass their ignorance on to the next generation. 

MTG is dangerous, but largely because of the people who support her. They're all dangerous, IMO.

• Upvote 10

“Officer? I would like to report a joke”

Jimmy Kimmel poked fun at Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene R-Ga., for the second time this week, this time mocking her lacking sense of humor Wednesday evening after she became incensed by Kimmel's initial joke at her expense.

"Officer? I would like to report a joke," Kimmel then tweeted in response. 

• Haha 7

and on a very happy note, OpenSecrets.org tweeted: 

"The campaign committee for Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene reported its first net loss since she was elected, posting a $314,000 deficit over the first three months of 2022 while additionally revising previous contribution totals down by more than $100,000."

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 11

1 hour ago, Howl said:

and on a very happy note, OpenSecrets.org tweeted: 

"The campaign committee for Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene reported its first net loss since she was elected, posting a $314,000 deficit over the first three months of 2022 while additionally revising previous contribution totals down by more than $100,000."

Hmmm.... Could the sanctions against Russia have anything to do with this? Methinks yes.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

*rubs hands in anticipation*

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 14

I expect many non-answers and fifth amendment claims.  Still, it will be good to make her squirm, and perhaps some of her constituents will begin to think about what she really is about.  

• Upvote 11

9 minutes ago, Becky said:

I expect many non-answers and fifth amendment claims.  Still, it will be good to make her squirm, and perhaps some of her constituents will begin to think about what she really is about.  

Your comment poses an interesting legal question. 5th Amendment claims against self-incrimination cannot be held against a person in a criminal case, but the nature of this proceeding is a challenge to her fitness to hold office due to her involvement in Jan. 6th. Citing 5th Amendment protection by its very nature gives rise to the implication of conduct that would tend to criminally incriminate a person. In civil matters the fact finder is allowed to consider use of the privilege to come to an adverse conclusion about the testimony as long as there is at least some evidence otherwise to support the original claim. Because of her own social media and speeches, there is clearly other evidence so the fact finder can definitely take any 5th Amendment protection claims to avoid answering questions as part of the process. She may save herself from admitting criminal actions under oath that could be used in other civil and possibly criminal cases down the road but it’s not the escape route here that she may think it is.

As an aside, she strikes me as someone who is a combination of arrogant and reckless. Even with very careful prepping, she may go rogue and decide she is smarter than the lawyer questioning her and start answering in snippy, sarcastic ways that will backfire. Sarah Palin’s trial is a perfect example. She really thought she was better than the lawyer questioning her and ended up bulldozing her own case. I can see the same happening here. Marge seems to have convinced herself she is some kind of modern day folk hero. She likely will be up against very smart attorneys who will know just how to play her. Her attorneys can prep her but there is only so much they can do to contain her.  She will not like being told to stay calm and answer respectfully. Her “brand” is the loudmouth, gun-toting, rule-breaking, shake’emup maverick. She’s an opposing party’s dream witness- ripe for the picking. I could be wrong, but I anticipate Marge losing it during her testimony. 

• Upvote 11

55 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

As an aside, she strikes me as someone who is a combination of arrogant and reckless. Even with very careful prepping, she may go rogue and decide she is smarter than the lawyer questioning her and start answering in snippy, sarcastic ways that will backfire. Sarah Palin’s trial is a perfect example. She really thought she was better than the lawyer questioning her and ended up bulldozing her own case. I can see the same happening here. Marge seems to have convinced herself she is some kind of modern day folk hero. She likely will be up against very smart attorneys who will know just how to play her. Her attorneys can prep her but there is only so much they can do to contain her.  She will not like being told to stay calm and answer respectfully. Her “brand” is the loudmouth, gun-toting, rule-breaking, shake’emup maverick. She’s an opposing party’s dream witness- ripe for the picking. I could be wrong, but I anticipate Marge losing it during her testimony. 

This made me think of President Clinton and how he was a bit too smart for his own good back when the Republicans got him to testify.  I think he got it in his head that he was going to trip up Ken Starr with his ""it depends on what the meaning of ‘is’ is" line and other responses.  I think he screwed up doing that big time and just gave the GQP ammo they needed to get impeachment through the House.  Maybe if he hadn't tried being cute the articles wouldn't have even gotten out of the House.  (Of course it was a fishing expedition by the GQP so they might have just made up even more bullshit to get him).

I think there's a good chance that Major Failure Greene will decide that she's smarter than the people questioning her and say something that will come back to bite her in the ass.  Which I hope does happen.  And I'll be ready in that case.

LargePopcorn.png.6dbc2f0594de5b6c7c34146d17ad43cd.png

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

24 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

“When an attention whore whines about getting attention, it’s a pretty big red flashing light complete with sirens said attention whore is very scared about what will be revealed, especially when said attention whore is the reigning queen of the Whackadoodle Caboodle*.” -Sigmund Freud, 1932

*All credit and high fives to @Cartmann99

• Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

“When an attention whore whines about getting attention, it’s a pretty big red flashing light complete with sirens said attention whore is very scared about what will be revealed, especially when said attention whore is the reigning queen of the Whackadoodle Caboodle*.” -Sigmund Freud, 1932

*All credit and high fives to @Cartmann99

I did the meme for it, but the original witticism came from our friend @Audrey2. :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I did the meme for it, but the original witticism came from our friend @Audrey2. :my_biggrin:

Well @Audrey2, much appreciation to you as well! 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I'm kind of baffled how they've managed to turn "woke" into an actual insult, without even putting scare quotes around it anymore. They've made it into a buzzword without their sheep comprehending what they are actually saying. 

They are saying "being able to see another person/race/gender/group's side of things is BAD" essentially. Or, "being aware of what's actually going on for people other than yourself is bad". 

Like, just come right out and say "critical thinking" or just plain "thinking" is a bad scary thing!

Meanwhile the Q's are anti-woke while being pro-woke, like being aware of systemic oppression is bad and stupid, but being "aware" of the dumb nonsense conspiracy theories they banter around is smart! Don't wake up to how other people experience the world. But DO wake up to the fact that a 100+-year-old dead Democratic president and his very dead son are coming back to somehow further the far right Republican agenda! 

I'm looking forward to MTG on the stand. I think we'll be getting memes for weeks.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Happy Marge Testimony Grilling Day everyone! 

• Upvote 8

Found a hilarious error in C-Span's captions:

I WILL LEAVE IT THERE BECAUSE -- WE WANT TO THANK YOU FOR THE CONVERSATIONS THIS MORNING. WE WILL END. SORRY TO DO IT ABRUPTLY, BUT HAPPENING IN GEORGIA IS MARGINALLY TAYLOR GREEN TESTIFYING ABOUT A CHALLENGE TO HER CANDIDACY FOR REELECTION IN GEORGE'S SEVENTH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT. THE JUDGES IN THE CHAIR SO I WANT TO GO THERE NOW. [CAPTIONS COPYRIGHT NATIONAL CABLE SATELLITE CORP. 2022] [CAPTIONING PERFORMED BY THE NATIONAL CAPTIONING INSTITUTE, WHICH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ITS CAPTION CONTENT AND ACCURACY. VISIT NCICAP.ORG]

:laughing-rolling:

• Haha 12

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic