Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene: The QAnon Lady From GA-14

Cartmann99

1 minute ago, Cartmann99 said:

Marginally has taken the stand. :popcorn2:

And boy is she squirming... 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

They are taking a short recess because of technical difficulties. This clip is prior to the break.

• Thank You 7

MTG just said that she doesn't believe in QAnon.

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

They are breaking for lunch and expected to reconvene at 1:30 pm EDT.

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Thank You 7

She seems to “not recall” a great deal. I have a bad feeling she will win this and this will just inspire republicans to be more bold in doing terrible things.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4

30 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

MTG just said that she doesn't believe in QAnon.

That's either perjury, or proof she's just playing the Q people for money and power.

She's already clearly lied on the stand. Tried to backtrack, but it was a clear lie already anyway. 

I wish God would get the lightning bolts out and start electrocuting these people every time they tell a lie. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

No matter what she says under oath in court, this is what she said at the time:

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

MTG just said that after she had been moved to the secure location in the Capitol, she and others thought that Antifa or BLM were the ones attacking. :pb_rollseyes:

Edited to add a tweet with video of this:

Spoiler

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Upvote 6

When pressed to answer the question about martial law, MTG said she couldn't recall.

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Thank You 7

12 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

When pressed to answer the question about martial law, MTG said she couldn't recall.

I was just waiting for the litany of I could not recall.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She seems to “not recall” a great deal. I have a bad feeling she will win this and this will just inspire republicans to be more bold in doing terrible things.

If that happens, can we hope that "being too stupid to recall nearly everything one has said and done" is also a reason to be prevented from Congress?

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 10

Greene is either a pathological liar or intellectually deficient and both of those conditions should disqualify her from holding federal, public office.

I’d like to swipe that stupid sneer off of her face.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Marshall law... 

:pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Marshall law... 

:pb_rollseyes:

I am SO over this. I couldn't even guess how many times I have seen this on social media since the Jan. 6 insurrection.

• Upvote 5

Marjorie Taylor Greene Says Christians Helping Resettle Undocumented Immigrants and Refugees Are Controlled by the Devil

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene recently sat down for an interview with far-right Catholic activist Michael Voris of Church Militant, where she declared that Christian organizations that are working to resettle undocumented immigrants and refugees in the United States are under the control of Satan.

“I thought we had a separation of church and state,” Greene sighed after Voris complained about Catholic Relief Services and other Christian organizations receiving federal funds to assist in resettlement efforts.

“What it is, is Satan’s controlling the church,” Greene declared.The church is not doing its job, and it’s not adhering to the teachings of Christ, and it’s not adhering to what the word of God says we’re supposed to do and how we’re supposed to live.”

“We are supposed to love one another, but their definition of what love one another means, means destroying our laws,” she continued. “It means completely perverting what our Constitution says. It means taking unreal advantage of the American taxpayer. And it means pushing a globalist policy on the American people and forcing America to become something that we are not supposed to be.”

Greene then declared that the federal government should cut off foreign aid to nations from which undocumented immigrants are arriving.

“We should hold those countries accountable,” she said. “‘Oh, I’m sorry, Guatemala, you’re not getting a check this year because you’ve sent X number of thousands and tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands and millions of people to illegally invade our country as if they’re an army. They may not have guns, but they’re the numbers of a regiment of an army. We won’t be able to send you your foreign aid until you bring your people back.'”

“The bishops of Catholic relief charities and services, they should be all in support of that,” Greene declared. “If the bishops were reading the Bible and truly preaching the word of God to their flock and not covering up child sex abuse and pedophilia, loving one another would have the true meaning and not the perversion and the twisted lie that they’re making it to be.”

Which brings us to:

Edited by Cartmann99
I can't fukking spell.
  • Thank You 9

Marjorie Taylor Greene’s 'Marshall Law' Text Could Boost Case To Keep Her Off Ballot

Critics hoping to keep Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene off the ballot for her role in inciting the violent assault on the U.S. Capitol are asking a judge to consider a newly released text message she wrote about former President Donald Trump declaring “Marshall” law to remain in office.

Backed by the group Free Speech for People, four residents of the first-term Republican’s district are asking an administrative law judge to rule her ineligible for reelection because the 14th Amendment prohibits insurrectionists from holding office.

“In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall [sic] law,” Greene wrote in the Jan. 17, 2021, message to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, apparently misspelling the term “martial law.”

“I don’t know on those things. I just wanted you to tell him,” her text message continued. “They stole this election. We all know. They will destroy our country next. Please tell him to declassify as much as possible so we can go after Biden and anyone else!”

The text was among 2,300 messages that Meadows turned over to the House committee investigating the Capitol riot that were subsequently released to CNN on Monday. They detail the various ways Meadows was helping Trump overturn his election loss to Democrat Joe Biden.

Greene testified for three hours last week at a hearing in Atlanta where she repeated Trump’s lies about the 2020 election being stolen through massive voter fraud. She denied having advocated violence, despite social media video evidence to the contrary, and said she did not “recall” having pushed for martial law.

In a court filing Wednesday, lawyers wrote that the new text message undermined Greene’s credibility.

“Greene’s testimony at the hearing that she could not remember discussing martial law with anyone was already dubious. This text with President Trump’s Chief of Staff makes her testimony even more incredible because it seems like the kind of message with the kind of recipient that a reasonable person testifying truthfully would remember,” the lawyers wrote.

“Eleven days after the failed insurrection, Greene was still fighting against the peaceful transfer of power by advocating extra-legal means. This text, like her statements on January 5, shows the lengths to which she was willing to go to help Mr. Trump remain in power,” they added.

Greene’s lawyer, James Bopp, said the new text doesn’t prove anything and actually shows that Green was distancing herself from the idea of martial law. “It’s not related at all to the case. It’s completely innocuous,” he said.

The Georgia Republican is among a handful of members of Congress that Free Speech for People is trying to have removed from election ballots, a strategy the group intends to deploy against Trump, should he run in 2024 to get his old office back.

A section of the 14th Amendment states that no one who has previously sworn an oath to uphold the Constitution but who then takes part in an insurrection can subsequently hold office.

The judge in the case, Charles Beaudrot, is likely to rule next week. The Georgia primary election, in which Greene faces opposition, will be held May 24.

Despite losing the election by 7 million votes nationally and 306-232 in the Electoral College, Trump became the first president in more than two centuries of elections to refuse to hand over power peacefully. His incitement of the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol — his last-ditch attempt to remain in office ― killed five, including one police officer, injured another 140 officers and preceded four police suicides.

Nevertheless, Trump remains the dominant figure in the Republican Party and is openly speaking about running for the presidency again in 2024.

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic