IGNORED

Maxwell 47: Vestigial Tales of the Messy Towel Drawer

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Sarah’s on doctor’s orders to reduce screen time and to rest to properly heal her concussion, so the fact that she’s not posting is a good thing. Maybe I’m wrong and something else is amiss, but I just think the blog is considered Sarah’s terrain and it had to slow down when she did. 

If its not to late for vest ideas, I humbly submit:

InVestigating the Mystery of the Missing Pizza Cutter Lettuce Post

Vestside Story

Vestward, Ho!

The Vest of Intentions

How the Vest Was Won

You’re Not Fully Clean Until You’re Vestfully Clean!

I just thought of some more:

you’re never fully vest without a smile

make a joyful vest unto the lord

in(vest)ing in Bible time

go vest young man, the evil going east 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

Well, THAT was certainly worth getting all riled up about. We cared, Teri. WE CARED! And this is how you reward us? ?

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 16

3 hours ago, browngrl said:

One of the Duggar boys just got married over Easter. Seems odd to me too but then much of what fundies do seems odd to me.

There's a more extensive discussion of this over on the Duggar threads, but for fundies, an Easter wedding isn't odd at all. They don't follow a liturgical calendar/observe Lent and Holy Week, so for them, the Saturday before Easter is just another day. For high-church Protestants and Catholics, celebrating a wedding on Holy Saturday wouldn't be allowed.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

14 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Vestside Story

Vestward, Ho!

The Vest of Intentions

How the Vest Was Won

You’re Not Fully Clean Until You’re Vestfully Clean!

Superb choices!!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

I hope Sarah is courting  too busy assembling her bugout bag trousseau to do anything else.

I hope no one is ill, physically or mentally.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I will give Teri credit for retracting her recommendation. That makes me trust that their Amazon links are truly things they would recommend and not just them trying to grab $$$.  That is a first among the fundy blogs I follow.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 9

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Something's definitely off there. This is weird. 

They might decide it's time to close the blog and live more private lives at any time, like they did with the old people's church services.  The sons have a nice business now dont they. They might work out that it isnt profitable to put so much effort into just selling a few books a day between the whole family. 

Edited by ClareDeLune
spelling
  • Upvote 10

Teri posted in the comments that with Sarah’s recovery and limited screen time, it is harder for her to get the blog posts done. She further stated she and Steve are just not as good at it as Sarah.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 10

9 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I just thought of some more:

you’re never fully vest without a smile

make a joyful vest unto the lord

in(vest)ing in Bible time

go vest young man, the evil going east 

The vest is yet to come.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

The vest is yet to come.

Don't settle for anything but the vest.

Our three vestal virgins will make sure your sacred fire never goes out.

3 hours ago, socalrules said:

Teri posted in the comments that with Sarah’s recovery and limited screen time, it is harder for her to get the blog posts done. She further stated she and Steve are just not as good at it as Sarah.

The strong link between concussion and a depressive episode is pretty well documented. I'm not suggesting Sarah is suffering from depression, with or without the concussion, but I hope she is getting all the medical attention she might need.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 9

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Don't settle for anything but the vest.

Our three vestal virgins will make sure your sacred fire never goes out.

The strong link between concussion and a depressive episode is pretty well documented. I'm not suggesting Sarah is suffering from depression, with or without the concussion, but I hope she is getting all the medical attention she might need.

I snark as much as anyone, but I DO want Sarah to be ok!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 3

23 hours ago, socalrules said:

I'm sorry Sarah is feeling bad, but neither Steve nor Teri could post a quick note about Easter? Teri could write a big long post about taking back a recommendation for ear buds, but not not say "Have a blessed holiday"? 

That's just...?

I hope Sarah gets better. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I'm sorry Sarah is feeling bad, but neither Steve nor Teri could post a quick note about Easter? Teri could write a big long post about taking back a recommendation for ear buds, but not not say "Have a blessed holiday"? 

That's just...?

I think Teri does not have the coping mechanisms to function in our adult world. She never has had those skills, and that is probably one of the reasons why Steve has made sure that he has other ladies in his home to keep the place functioning. I blame Steve for refusing to get her help beyond on a Bible as well as adding more to her plate in the form of 5 extra kids.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 10

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think Teri does not have the coping mechanisms to function in our adult world. She never has had those skills, and that is probably one of the reasons why Steve has made sure that he has other ladies in his home to keep the place functioning. I blame Steve for refusing to get her help beyond on a Bible as well as adding more to her plate in the form of 5 extra kids.

I blame Steve also. All Steve cared about was himself & having more kids. He didn’t care how it would effect his wife. I think he’s a very selfish person. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 15

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Agree with all of this.

That is why Steve came up with the MOTH schedule.  I'm sure the schedule was helpful when the kids were little, but it appears she still follows a pretty rigid schedule if the blog posts about her weekly 1/2 hour visit to play with her grandkids are any indication.  And why does a woman well into her 60's, with 3 grown daughters and a husband at home still need such a rigid schedule?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

That's just...?

More likely Steve and Teri had no thoughts about the blog at all until Steve lurked over here (hi Steve!) and saw us talking about them being MIA and hurried up and told Teri to post something.  Teri seems honest so she is probably telling us the truth about Sarah limiting screen time due to her concussions, but I secretly hope her absence from blogging is due to her being too busy courting or that she ran away! ;)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, kpmom said:

Agree with all of this.

That is why Steve came up with the MOTH schedule.  I'm sure the schedule was helpful when the kids were little, but it appears she still follows a pretty rigid schedule if the blog posts about her weekly 1/2 hour visit to play with her grandkids are any indication.  And why does a woman well into her 60's, with 3 grown daughters and a husband at home still need such a rigid schedule?

That’s what I find really crazy - just how rigid the schedule is considering the age of the people on that house.

I don’t think they really understand the difference between schedule and routine. I follow a routine and I think, even without realising, the majority of people and families do. On a work day I set the alarm for the same time eac( day, I leave the house the same time (normally anyway) each day, I work in a school so my day is a strict timetable but even that can flex, I get home, eat dinner around the same time, do the same things each night (cleaning up, watch tv, have a bath and so fourth) and go t9 bed. Hopefully once COVID restrictions lift where I live I will break that routine buoy meeting friends and so fourth. 

I just can’t imagine having to follow that schedule, when I don’t even have to fit in a true days work or worry about an employer or a commute or a real deadline or any kind of social life. I’m just imagining being a child in that house -

“Right times up you need to stop playing that board game and put it away right now, times up”

”But what are we doing next?”

”Our Lord led schedule dictates that it is now time do puzzles, half hour of game time is finished”

”Can’t we finish the game instead and then start a puzzle”

”No. game time is over”

Now obviously as a child my playtime got cut when it was time to go out, go to school, dinner was ready, bed time etc. But even now, grandkids play is only half an hour, there’s a reading time slot in there, do they ever just think “I’ll stay extra time, we’re in the middle of a game” or do they think “No we must go, the schedule says so even though we don’t have to get anywhere,,,,” I’m sure it’s the latter. 

If that’s what they all need to cope, it’s not healthy and they need help.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

When my 4 were younger I had a very rigid schedule, everything was done at specific times and deviation like a parents evening threw us all into chaos! But I became a single parent when my kids were newborn, 2yo, 9yo and 11yo. To be able to function and do the cooking, school run, nursery run, shopping, cleaning, bath times etc I needed to be scheduled to the max. It meant I could shower and do my makeup and still have time for fun. But I only have 2 at home now and they are 13 and 15 so the only thing I have now is getting them up for school and dinner time. Because I have so little to focus on now I do get bored lol

The Maxs are still living their schedule from years ago and havent moved on.

• Upvote 14

7 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Why can't Anna or Mary write the blog posts?

That's not their assigned jobs, and it's not in their schedule.

No, really. Sarah is the "one who writes" so she does the blog posts. Teri, being second to Lord Stevehovah, will fill in when directed to IF it can be added into her schedule.

• Upvote 12
  • Eyeroll 5

16 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I blame Steve also. All Steve cared about was himself & having more kids. He didn’t care how it would effect his wife. I think he’s a very selfish person. 

Couples deciding to get a sterilization procedure is a big deal.  My husband and I discussed it shortly after our third child was born and we both decided that with  three kids our family was now complete.  So my husband got a vasectomy and it was wonderful not to have to ever worry again about birth control or another baby.

So I'm sure Teri and Steve had similar discussions and knew a vasectomy was the best for their family.  I always felt that Steve decided on the reversal alone, without much input from poor overwhelmed and depressed Teri.  That is so cruel and totally selfish.

I also read all of the comments and was pretty surprised how many of their followers had purchased the earbuds on Teri's recommendation.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

That's not their assigned jobs, and it's not in their schedule.

No, really. Sarah is the "one who writes" so she does the blog posts. Teri, being second to Lord Stevehovah, will fill in when directed to IF it can be added into her schedule.

What's funny is that once upon a time Anna was going to take over blogging, along with Sarah's other jobs; they mentioned training her on all Sarah does a long time ago.

That's way back when there was still the fiction that Sarah might one day marry. 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic