IGNORED

Seewalds 45: Ben’s a REAL Pastor at a PRECIOUS Church!

nelliebelle1197

She said one of Jessa’s name choices was called a “pilgrim name” by Ben and she wasn’t pleased. I’m betting she wanted a virtue name and that’s why he called it a pilgrim name. Like Constance or Steadfast.

• Upvote 15

9 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’m annoyed at the clickbaity announcement ? exploiting baby for clicks from day one…

Honestly it's been what, 24h since baby's been earthside now? They probably haven't had a chance to edit any hospital footage, I'll cut it some slack. Most of the video is the lead up to active labor, that she probably filmed it case it was actual labor-labor. I'm that, per usual, we will get a name from the Seewalds in a few days. Would make sense to share that, the gender, and the rest of whatever birth video/pictures all together - via home video instead of TLC video haha.

• Upvote 4

Me finding out that the baby’s birth is going to be a multiple part clickbait:

Spoiler

13D2834E-FB37-40BF-925A-1539CB76A246.jpeg.c97e7ad29fadfcdbf5a72497923ef317.jpeg

Good luck to her clickbait baby. Always be selling, Jessa.

• Upvote 8
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

Watched the video, which was mostly Jessa commenting for a couple of days before the birth. She looked tired, understandable when she’s wrangling 3 small children while 10 seconds away from giving birth.

The most interesting parts were about the name. She said she thought they had a first name, but hadn’t decided on a middle. She also said her naming preferences have changed over time. I get the impression she and Ben have different naming preferences and have a hard time agreeing. 

She asked the kids what they thought the name should be, and Henry suggested “Runk.” Spurgeon countered with “Brunk.” When asked why, he said because nobody else had that name. All I could think was that Runk is a better name than Spurgeon.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 23
  • Thank You 2

I just watched the "part one" thing on YouTube.  Spurge is adorable!   I want to hug him and pinch his adorable cheeks.

• Upvote 5

So on the 13th she says her due date is 3 days away, then on the 14th she says it's 2 days away, but then the text on the screen says her due date is on the 17th. I don't think your math is adding up Jessa.

• Upvote 7

what fresh hell is this, making us wait to find out what she had

it's pure Jessa I will say 

PURE JESSA. 

she knows her audience. 

I think it's a girl 

even with the show over, the woman knows how to pursue her audience, and we fall for it. 

DON"T click on it lol 

• Upvote 12

If it was a girl, we would have known already,  probably fighting hard on the name , so i am clutching my pearls here, i am expecting something that makes the baby' s name ... well sound like the caroll of the bells in midsummer at your local hobby lobby * mariah carey version*, let us be honest thats a gift !

Edited by ven
Be honest , it' a gift
  • Upvote 6

SarahBelle Elizabeth

6 lbs 9 oz

Edited to say this is a GUESS

Edited by Mlissmartin
Clarification
  • Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

SarahBelle Elizabeth

6 lbs 9 oz

well it' s a bad guess

Lol 

how about Juniper Reanolda 5lbs 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • WTF 2

Why is she being so coy about the sex? I swear, this is the only time fundie women get attention and get to be important, and she is dragging it out as long as possible. Does she really think that many people are interested? It's her fourth child, and there are about 17? other grandchildren of both sexes. The New York Times is not holding the presses. Even her own kids don't seem to care that much.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

She *said* in the video to the kids that they would be announcing the baby's name and gender. But of course I don't buy for a minute that her intention is for the kids to get to find out first. She wants the clicks. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Why is she being so coy about the sex? I swear, this is the only time fundie women get attention and get to be important, and she is dragging it out as long as possible. Does she really think that many people are interested? It's her fourth child, and there are about 17? other grandchildren of both sexes. The New York Times is not holding the presses. Even her own kids don't seem to care that much.

it's the only thing she has 

THE ONLY THING

still it's insane

but it's Jessa. 

• Upvote 11
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

SarahBelle Elizabeth

6 lbs 9 oz

I'll include it in the list I'm collecting the guesses on but you might like to place your guesses in the name guesses thread in this forum.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I think if baby was a girl, she would have said so already. My guess is boy with a dubious name. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Well, at least she *did* go to the hospital and didn't decide last minute to stay home. So no last-minute post-partum ambulance rides this time.

• Upvote 19

Eh, she's a YTer, the clickbait-y title goes right along with the cover image of the video (nothing like an ugly cry picture for clicks, right?). I don't think this video is any more snarkable for being clickbait-y than any other of these fundie YT channels.

Besides, they're already catering to the fans by releasing a video at all *the day after* she delivered. From the video title, I did expect it to be actual *birth* story footage, but that Seewald4 might have been born the 15th-16th. I don't understand why people (humpers or snarkers) seem to be expecting them to announce all the details of their infant at 1-day-old when they've never done so before ?‍♀️. plenty of other cringy behaviors and beliefs coming for that baby. 

• Upvote 7

I'm gonna guess girl. She said Ben thinks the names she likes are "Pilgrim" names and most Pilgrim-style boys names are still in use so it's gonna be a virtue girls name like Temperance or something like that. Also, the boys keep insisting they want a brother and she seems to prepare them for disappointment by saying "God already knows the gender and we can't change it so we have to be happy with whatever we get" (paraphrasing but that was the general idea). 

• Upvote 10

4 minutes ago, fundieundies said:

I'm gonna guess girl. She said Ben thinks the names she likes are "Pilgrim" names and most Pilgrim-style boys names are still in use so it's gonna be a virtue girls name like Temperance or something like that. Also, the boys keep insisting they want a brother and she seems to prepare them for disappointment by saying "God already knows the gender and we can't change it so we have to be happy with whatever we get" (paraphrasing but that was the general idea). 

I actually like Temperance. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Me finding out that the baby’s birth is going to be a multiple part clickbait:

Reveal hidden contents

13D2834E-FB37-40BF-925A-1539CB76A246.jpeg.c97e7ad29fadfcdbf5a72497923ef317.jpeg

Good luck to her clickbait baby. Always be selling, Jessa.

the first thing i thought of when i saw "always be selling, Jessa"

download (1).png

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 10

The article I read quoted Jessa as saying something like the more babies you have the harder it is to pick a name because you’ve already used your favorites. I guess choices are slim ever since Spurgeon was used.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 39

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Why is she being so coy about the sex?

Maybe they are going raise it gender-neutral and let the child reveal its gender at a later date.

Bwaaaa-haaaaa-haaaa-haaaa.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 21

i am all for snarking on jessa and the obvious clickingbait for no4

but comparing her to trump is a little drastic

and that's coming from a Canadian

at the very most - martha stewart or Beyoncé  

• Upvote 4

I think it's a boy because she spoke about reviewing lists she made in previous pregnancies and her taste having changed since then. Since they find out the sex each time, she would have two lists of boy names to review (and more time to have passed for tastes to have evolved) compared to one relatively recent list of girl names.

• Upvote 10

I will say that I remember people speculating that Ivy was going to be a boy, because Jessa waited to announce the sex of the baby. So I don't think Jessa is the type to announce before she was ready, even if she has a second girls. I'm also not convinced Jessa cares if it's a boy or a girl. 

24 minutes ago, baldricks_turnip said:

I think it's a boy because she spoke about reviewing lists she made in previous pregnancies and her taste having changed since then. Since they find out the sex each time, she would have two lists of boy names to review (and more time to have passed for tastes to have evolved) compared to one relatively recent list of girl names.

This sounds like a good theory, although a quiverfull person might always have lists.

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic