IGNORED

Seewalds 45: Ben’s a REAL Pastor at a PRECIOUS Church!

nelliebelle1197

28 minutes ago, baldricks_turnip said:

I think it's a boy because she spoke about reviewing lists she made in previous pregnancies and her taste having changed since then. Since they find out the sex each time, she would have two lists of boy names to review (and more time to have passed for tastes to have evolved) compared to one relatively recent list of girl names.

Eh. I had lists all 3 times, despite finding out with my second and third pregnancies. I am not the type to wait until 20 weeks to even discuss names, especially since my husband and I did not have the same taste, the debate began the moment we found out.

And while I had two boys and then a girl, the name we used for our daughter was not the front runner has either of our boys been a girl.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, nst said:

i am all for snarking on jessa and the obvious clickingbait for no4

but comparing her to trump is a little drastic

and that's coming from a Canadian

at the very most - martha stewart or Beyoncé  

yeah i see how it came off that way - it's a joke that gets used on tik tok a lot, the gist of it being that every time anyone tries to monetize something that's not worth monetizing (or shouldn't be) at all, they're making an "epic" deal.  it's not a comparison to trump other than both Jessa & Trump want people to buy the allure of success/having it all when they're both living on lies, an ignorant fan base, and a prayer. looking back i should've known my audience, this joke is decently common among a younger crowd and on apps like tik tok but hey, i tried.

fwiw - i'm canadian living in the US.

ETA - as someone who is perhaps too much into pop culture and makes her living in it - beyonce would never do that. i can count on one hand how many photos of her twins she allows to be published. she's become a LOT more private - like not even telling us when new music is coming kind of private.

Edited by fundieundies
i will always ETA for beyonce
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I’m annoyed at the clickbaity announcement ? exploiting baby for clicks from day one…

Yup. Mealticket #4 is just in time to garner income, now that counting on is cancelled. 

• Upvote 7

I hope both are healthy. I also hope we won’t be hearing from Jessa about how her privacy is invaded, how awful it was filming for TLC. It’s clear that as long as the money is coming in, she’s quite happy to share. 

• Upvote 4

I think it’s a boy. She announced Ivy’s name straight away but waited until the 5th day for the boys. 

8 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

So on the 13th she says her due date is 3 days away, then on the 14th she says it's 2 days away, but then the text on the screen says her due date is on the 17th. I don't think your math is adding up Jessa.

SOTDRT strikes again.

Edited by adidas
Typo
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm also not convinced Jessa cares if it's a boy or a girl. 

I think she cared last time but now that she has both anyway I don't think she minds.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Just tell us about Cotton Mather Seewald and be done with it!

Now this name I love 

Can we add Cotton Ponyboy Mather Seewald 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Did the thread go hot at all for Seewald #4?

which we will find out about next Tuesday 

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

No, I don’t think it did. Perhaps Jessa is keeping things quiet hoping for a magazine spread? I sincerely hope that they give the child a more mainstream name than Spurgeon; that poor boy got the worst Duggar grandchild name. I’d use his middle name, Elliott. It appears that she had a hospital birth and, if so, I must confess to being surprised and delighted. She just needs to concentrate on the four children she has (imho, of course!) and delay any further babies for about seven years. It won’t happen but it would be good for all of them especially given their apparent financial and housing situation. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Angelface said:

No, I don’t think it did. Perhaps Jessa is keeping things quiet hoping for a magazine spread? I sincerely hope that they give the child a more mainstream name than Spurgeon; that poor boy got the worst Duggar grandchild name. I’d use his middle name, Elliott. It appears that she had a hospital birth and, if so, I must confess to being surprised and delighted. She just needs to concentrate on the four children she has (imho, of course!) and delay any further babies for about seven years. It won’t happen but it would be good for all of them especially given their apparent financial and housing situation. 

days of magazine spreads are gone, unless she is willing to go out all about josh and that is a no i bet 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, postscript said:

Watched the video, which was mostly Jessa commenting for a couple of days before the birth. She looked tired, understandable when she’s wrangling 3 small children while 10 seconds away from giving birth.

The most interesting parts were about the name. She said she thought they had a first name, but hadn’t decided on a middle. She also said her naming preferences have changed over time. I get the impression she and Ben have different naming preferences and have a hard time agreeing. 

She asked the kids what they thought the name should be, and Henry suggested “Runk.” Spurgeon countered with “Brunk.” When asked why, he said because nobody else had that name. All I could think was that Runk is a better name than Spurgeon.

In Swedish ”runk” is a commonly used word for male mastrubation so I’d rank Spurgeon above that one … ?

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 33

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I don't think Jessa understands this but her trying to build suspense and just give out little pieces of information is going to turn off much of her casual audience, so she'll only have her small amount and most vigorous leg humpers to give her clicks. I don't think there will be enough of these to help her bring in the money that she wants. I was driving much of the day yesterday so didn't get to get on this thread until last evening and this morning but after reading several of you saying that I clicked on it and she didn't really give any information other than baby is here doesn't make me want to click on it and doesn't make me want to check back on it and see a name.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I don't think Jessa understands this but her trying to build suspense and just give out little pieces of information is going to turn off much of her casual audience, so she'll only have her small amount and most vigorous leg humpers to give her clicks. I don't think there will be enough of these to help her bring in the money that she wants. I was driving much of the day yesterday so didn't get to get on this thread until last evening and this morning but after reading several of you saying that I clicked on it and she didn't really give any information other than baby is here doesn't make me want to click on it and doesn't make me want to check back on it and see a name.

no need to click anymore. one of us will do it for you and save her from MAKING MONEY OFF NO 4

that's it.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

21 minutes ago, MathQueen said:

I saw an article in People about it last night. It just covers the content she apparently shared in her YT video.

https://people.com/tv/jessa-duggar-welcomes-fourth-child-with-husband-ben-seewald/

And that’s the point- unless she’s bringing something to the table, People won’t pay for an article when they can harvest her social media.

And by something, I don’t mean the usual ramblings about leaving it up to God or having it in their heart to adopt. 

3 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Video is up. Baby girl. Fern Elliana Seewald.

I know a couple of Ferns- both in their 30s

• Upvote 3

So the boys get strong theologian names, while the girls get bendable, pliable plant names. Lovely. I would so much rather have seen a Deborah, Esther, Lydia, Phoebe, or even (maybe/maybe not) Priscilla.

• Upvote 13
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, livinginthelight said:

So the boys get strong theologian names, while the girls get bendable, pliable plant names. Lovely. I would so much rather have seen a Deborah, Esther, Lydia, Phoebe, or even (maybe/maybe not) Priscilla.

plant names I love it.

Basil coming in 2024

then Bacopa 2026

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

6 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

I'm wondering if Ben got to name the boys and Jessa name the girls. My husband wanted to do that with our first kiddo... I noped that.

• Upvote 9

Glad it's a girl, mostly because Ben seems to want as many boys as possible. He once said he hoped for 10. Boys are the important ones who can lead churches. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic