IGNORED

Seewalds 45: Ben’s a REAL Pastor at a PRECIOUS Church!

nelliebelle1197

On 7/21/2021 at 4:30 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Arugula, Rhododendrom, Milkweed, Dandelion, Foxglove, Dogwood, Nasturtium, Rhubarb...

garlic, potato...

• Haha 6

On 7/21/2021 at 9:30 PM, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Arugula, Rhododendrom, Milkweed, Dandelion, Foxglove, Dogwood, Nasturtium, Rhubarb...

Ffion is a fairly common Welsh name meaning foxglove. It’s funny how names that would seem rather odd in one language are normal in another.

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Looks like Jessica Seewald has a new long distance boyfriend.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.4e2b374f71fc4adc80dac2ec89551a1b.png

If this is a relationship I kind of view it as an eye roll, she is so young. making a judgment call her as a mother, I would be encouraging my daughter not to jump into another relationship but to take time to heal and find out who she is on her own. I would never want my daughter to be the monkey who has to be holding onto another branch before they can let go of the other one. In saying all that some people have walked straight out of a shit marriage into a great one, I just have my doubts because she is so young. 

• Upvote 6

@AussieKrissy I know what you mean, but she is not a Duggar. She has a career where she is able to see all types of people and lifestyles and presumably has some financial independence.  We don’t know how quickly her marriage disintegrated but I’m hopeful she’s in a relationship to get to know someone and have some fun, rather than because she needs a man to feel complete. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 7/20/2021 at 2:15 PM, postscript said:

Wow, I was convinced they were having a boy. I like, don’t love, Fern. It’s classic without being overused. Not a fan of Elliana, but they’re the ones who have to live with the name, not me. On the whole, I like Jessa’s taste in names. Good to hear that everything apparently went well and that baby appears to be healthy. 

So this means you LIKE Spurgeon?? I knew there had to be someone  ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

So this means you LIKE Spurgeon?? I knew there had to be someone  ;)

I don’t think anyone likes the name Spurgeon! Nor, for the record, do I care for Wilberforce. I think both of those are Ben’s contributions.

Jessa’s taste seems to run to classic, slightly off the beaten track (or emerging after being long out of fashion) names. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

On 8/3/2021 at 11:26 PM, patsymae said:

garlic, potato...

Rutabaga, Rutatato, Potatobaga…

(Couldn’t help but think of a Golden Girls scene when Rose is talking about crossing a potato with a rutabaga.)

• Haha 6
  • Love 1

On 8/5/2021 at 1:40 PM, Idlewild said:

@AussieKrissy I know what you mean, but she is not a Duggar. She has a career where she is able to see all types of people and lifestyles and presumably has some financial independence.  We don’t know how quickly her marriage disintegrated but I’m hopeful she’s in a relationship to get to know someone and have some fun, rather than because she needs a man to feel complete. 

There may be pressure in her community to find a new partner. In many patriarchal denominations of Christianity, women are encouraged to remarry quickly and find a new headship. I hope she wants to find someone new rather than being pressured into it.

On 8/4/2021 at 7:00 PM, AussieKrissy said:

If this is a relationship I kind of view it as an eye roll, she is so young. making a judgment call her as a mother, I would be encouraging my daughter not to jump into another relationship but to take time to heal and find out who she is on her own. I would never want my daughter to be the monkey who has to be holding onto another branch before they can let go of the other one. In saying all that some people have walked straight out of a shit marriage into a great one, I just have my doubts because she is so young. 

It may not have a 'shit marriage" just one that fell apart. And she may want to have someone for companionship. I hope her community is supporting Jessica's choices and not trying to hard to sway her either into a new relationship or being single. Jessica is an adult and she should be able to make own choices. 

• Upvote 6

Jessica Seewald had a miscarriage last July. I wonder if the way that she and her ex-husband were coping with it was a major contribution to their divorce. Maybe Jessica needed support that he wasn’t able to provide.

She had been somewhat open on her social media of her desire to be in a relationship and have children before her marriage. Something soured very quickly in their marriage because they appeared very compatible in the couple of years they were together.

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Jessica Seewald had a miscarriage last July. I wonder if the way that she and her ex-husband were coping with it was a major contribution to their divorce. Maybe Jessica needed support that he wasn’t able to provide.

She had been somewhat open on her social media of her desire to be in a relationship and have children before her marriage. Something soured very quickly in their marriage because they appeared very compatible in the couple of years they were together.

I know women who's ex partners were incredibly unsupportive be after miscarriage, so perhaps that was the case? 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

On 8/7/2021 at 3:40 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

There may be pressure in her community to find a new partner. In many patriarchal denominations of Christianity, women are encouraged to remarry quickly and find a new headship. I hope she wants to find someone new rather than being pressured into it.

It may not have a 'shit marriage" just one that fell apart. And she may want to have someone for companionship. I hope her community is supporting Jessica's choices and not trying to hard to sway her either into a new relationship or being single. Jessica is an adult and she should be able to make own choices. 

Love this. Relationships end. That doesn't mean they "failed," or they weren't good while they lasted.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

My sister had a missed miscarriage with twins and this happened the week before her birthday and her ex ended up ignoring her the weekend of her birthday. A couple months after that he ignored her again, so she ended it. If Jessica felt he wasn't being supportive to her then good for her ending it. My sister didn't regret ending it with her ex especially when a year later when she had my nephew her ex tried to attack her boyfriend while he was pushing my nephew in his pram, my nephew was a week old at the time.

• Sad 9

5 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

If Jessica felt he wasn't being supportive to her then good for her ending it.

To be fair to Jessica and her ex-husband, I was only speculating about what ended their marriage. Neither of them have suggested that this played any part. They just appeared so compatible before her miscarriage, I was wondering if there was some event that changed things between them.

• Upvote 4

I do think in a very general sense Evangelical Christianity' s emphasis on "you have to be married to have sex" contributes to rushing into marriage. (This isn't aimed specifically at Jessica Seewald.) Speaking very generally, I wish Evangelical Christian young people could live together and have pre-marital sex without it being a madate that the relationship must end in marriage. There's an increased chance that these marriages end in divorce or at least unhappy marriages. 

• I Agree 3

6 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I do think in a very general sense Evangelical Christianity' s emphasis on "you have to be married to have sex" contributes to rushing into marriage. (This isn't aimed specifically at Jessica Seewald.) Speaking very generally, I wish Evangelical Christian young people could live together and have pre-marital sex without it being a madate that the relationship must end in marriage. There's an increased chance that these marriages end in divorce or at least unhappy marriages. 

She was living with him before they got married. Maybe we should stop stigmatizing break-ups, divorce, etc. It is what it is.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Fertilize the next Seewald thread with your drops of wisdom now:

• Haha 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic