IGNORED

Seewalds 45: Ben’s a REAL Pastor at a PRECIOUS Church!

nelliebelle1197

On 5/17/2021 at 4:42 PM, VBOY9977 said:

Yes

7E78D280-015A-4B0E-93DD-B90ED444B7D9.thumb.jpeg.d059b86183c5ef76f041d721cdd1a0e4.jpeg

Most of us got our pedicures BEFORE our wedding ceremony. To each his own. : )

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 27

8 hours ago, Marionette said:

Guinn has made a birthday post on Instagram for Ben with a slideshow of “old photos that capture sweet memories.” Almost every photo has Jessa in it, and finally the last one is a picture of Ben and his sister Jessica. Just find it funny that his mother chose Duggar-related pics instead of more childhood pics to reminisce for her son’s birthday. But of course I’m not surprised.....

I would automatically think of baby/childhood pictures when you see a caption of "old photos with sweet memories".  Especially if I was reminiscing about my child on their birthday.  I can see adding in a few pictures from recent years but I'm sentimental so I'd definitely focus on childhood pictures.  Heavily focusing on Duggar-related pictures does seem like an attention grab.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

She just said she 'found some', which makes me think she is specifically posting the images she just stumbled upon rather than set out to make a representative collection. There's one of him alone, two with Jessa (looking like maybe early in their marriage or even just before), one as a little kid with Jess. I don't think there's too much to read into this. Guinn is always posting images of her kids and grandkids, with Jessa here and there in what looks like a perfectly normal, comfortable in-law kind of way.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

Jessica has taken down her wedding photos from her Instagram. She only has one picture up with her husband? And you have to click on one with her and swipe to see it. I hope everything is okay. I also hope her family is supporting her with whatever she is going through. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Jessa started following Katey, she made a instagram

People were speculating if the account was fake on Reddit. I just checked and Jessa isn’t following the account anymore. I think she realized it was fake and unfollowed. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I just read on Reddit that WOACB got ahold of Jessica’s divorce papers. Such a shitty thing of her to post them. It’s one thing to speculate, but to go digging for divorce papers... It is WOACB after all so we can’t expect much of her. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 7

10 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I just read on Reddit that WOACB got ahold of Jessica’s divorce papers. Such a shitty thing of her to post them. It’s one thing to speculate, but to go digging for divorce papers... It is WOACB after all so we can’t expect much of her. 

Her obsession with the Duggar's is disturbing, Jessica isn't a public figure just because Ben is on TV doesn't mean her business is public, no one needs to know her business or any one else's for that matter. Katie has learned nothing from Tati Westbrook suing her, I think Tati has decided to settle instead of file again because she doesn't want it dragged further. Katie is a heartless person who thinks nothing about accusing people of killing their mothers, calling a suspected child abuse victim a brat because she wanted away from the man allegedly abusing her and has also speculated about children in the public eye being abuse victims without any evidence. I am not one to want people cancelled generally but here I think it is more than justified. 

• Upvote 25

Did the Dillards do an interview with WOACB? If so that has given her a belief in her legitimacy. I put her in the same category as Pickles and would give her a very wide berth- engaging with her is only going to encourage her.

Was Jessica the sister that did the Say Yes to the Dress where Jessa was snooty about the necklines of her wedding dress?
I agree it’s awful that she is digging around someone’s private life looking for gossip but this is the thing with ‘celebrities’- they crave publicity and might appear to moan about negative stuff but he only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about. If you are adjacent to to them you either have to drill down your privacy to protect yourself or accept you’ll be dragged into the shit show.

I hope people leave Jessica alone but others can learn from this - yes I’m looking at you, Hilary Spivey.

• Upvote 4

If Jessica wanted to keep her privacy, I don't think she would have had open social media accounts, participated in "Say yes to the dress" and stuff like that. 

I also checked the post that WOACB made on instagram about the divorce. As far as I can tell she only posted the facts = that there is obviously a divorce case between these two. No details about what happened. So if you weigh in that Jessica has been out in the public eye, and that there's no details posted from WOACB, I would give this one a pass. But if she posts more I would reconsider. 

Edited by xenobia
crappy spelling
  • Upvote 6

On 5/29/2021 at 7:14 AM, raayx01 said:

Jessa started following Katey, she made a instagram

Katey jeds wife? 

• Upvote 1

On 5/30/2021 at 1:39 PM, xenobia said:

If Jessica wanted to keep her privacy, I don't think she would have had open social media accounts, participated in "Say yes to the dress" and stuff like that. 

I also checked the post that WOACB made on instagram about the divorce. As far as I can tell she only posted the facts = that there is obviously a divorce case between these two. No details about what happened. So if you weigh in that Jessica has been out in the public eye, and that there's no details posted from WOACB, I would give this one a pass. But if she posts more I would reconsider. 

I have no clue how ''Say Yes to the dress'' works but I wouldn't count it as necessarily seeking to be a celebrity. True, there are what I call professional reality show contestants. The ones that have been on 10 different reality and game show programs in the last 10 years. But from what I remember about Say Yes to The Dress, a lot of brides go on with their lives and are not seen again on TV. I even wonder if they get a discount for being showcased on the show or something like that.

Same with having a public Instagram account. I work with a lot of 20 somethings, they aren't necessarily looking to become celebrities, but they have a lot of public stuff on their social media. So to me, those things aren't real factors to consider her a non-private person.

Like other have said, I do find it kind of weird to snoop around in order to find the divorce papers of the sister-in-law of a D-list reality show celebrity. Not gonna lie, that's a line for me I wouldn't cross. But I agree with you, if the only comment WOACB did was mention their are divorce papers, well, it passes for now.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 1

Jessa posted a video on YouTube of Ivy opening her second birthday presents, one present each day for a week.  Packaged in Amazon boxes, for which I can't fault Jessa as I'm not a fan of wrapping presents. Henry had to be restrained from opening some of them for her.

She received some books, which Jessa promptly read to her and Henry.  One of them had something to do with being a big sister.  However, she also received a doll stroller, doll bed and some clothes for what Jessa insisted on calling her "baby dolls." She also received a princess dress, which she'll probably insist on wearing every day until it's outgrown or in tatters.  Ivy seemed to love everything, but I hate the implied gender roles and implicit sister-mom training.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

I don’t know Ivy well enough to form an opinion but my 17 month old loves pushing her older cousin’s doll stroller and we are definitely not gender role training. Sometimes a doll is in the stroller, sometimes it’s her sippy cup or a ball. I think boys and girls at that age love anything they can push. It’s such a period of exploring cause and effect and being delighted by what they can do. At this point, my family figures that my daughter will either be an engineer or a demolitionist as she loves taking things apart. 130$ to call the plumber after she flushed something she took apart down there while I was in the shower. 

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 4

I agree that its very typical for a 2 year old with a heavily pregnant mother to be very into having their 'baby' and taking care of it. That said, if Ivy was Ivan I doubt they would have gifted him dolls, doll clothes, stroller, etc.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 21

12 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I don’t know Ivy well enough to form an opinion but my 17 month old loves pushing her older cousin’s doll stroller and we are definitely not gender role training. Sometimes a doll is in the stroller, sometimes it’s her sippy cup or a ball. I think boys and girls at that age love anything they can push. It’s such a period of exploring cause and effect and being delighted by what they can do. At this point, my family figures that my daughter will either be an engineer or a demolitionist as she loves taking things apart. 130$ to call the plumber after she flushed something she took apart down there while I was in the shower. 

Many years ago when I worked in a call center, I spent some time on the Direct TV account.  One day a woman called in asking if she could buy a replacement for her DTV remote because her toddler had tried to flush the one they had.

I sold her the remote and a few months later another woman called in to replace the remote her toddler had tried to flush down the toilet.  She said she was embarrassed, and figured that no one had ever had their kid try to flush a remote before.  I happily told her that it had, indeed, happened before.  Then I looked closer at her account history.  The last entry had been made by me, documenting that I'd sold her a replacement remote because her child had tried to flush the original one.  

Maybe the kid grew up to be a plumber?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 36
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

I agree that its very typical for a 2 year old with a heavily pregnant mother to be very into having their 'baby' and taking care of it. That said, if Ivy was Ivan I doubt they would have gifted him dolls, doll clothes, stroller, etc.

I don’t think they would have gifted Ivan any baby dolls, but the Duggar’s for all their MANY flaws and insistence on extreme sex segregation—- are really pretty “normal” regarding little kids playing with a variety of toys.  The little boys play with toy kitchens, the little girls play with toy cars. Until their teens we’ve seen boy-girl best friend combos with Johanna/Jackson and Joy/Josiah . They kept Jackson in with the little girl group for a really long time, and rough and tumble Joy was only rudely shoved in to the “be a lady!” Big girl group at 15 ish, which she semi-escaped by marrying early.

The grown daughters mostly seem to be comfortable with tools and building and fixing things, and until they decided to double back down on how gender role separated they are — some of the boys/ young men were the go-to’s for making particular foods.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Flossie said:

Many years ago when I worked in a call center, I spent some time on the Direct TV account.  One day a woman called in asking if she could buy a replacement for her DTV remote because her toddler had tried to flush the one they had.

I sold her the remote and a few months later another woman called in to replace the remote her toddler had tried to flush down the toilet.  She said she was embarrassed, and figured that no one had ever had their kid try to flush a remote before.  I happily told her that it had, indeed, happened before.  Then I looked closer at her account history.  The last entry had been made by me, documenting that I'd sold her a replacement remote because her child had tried to flush the original one.  

Maybe the kid grew up to be a plumber?

As a puppy, our now older dog chewed up so many, many TV remote controls that we started ordering them online by the 2’s. So frustrating. It was her go to item.

• Upvote 5

So.. do we know when Jessa is supposed to deliver blessing #4? I don't think she can have too far to go. 

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Carson Paine had dolls and a purse. Not mom's purse or Brooklyn's purse, but his own. Now he is older and probably Erin isn't that "flexible" about toys, but some fundie families allow boys to play with baby dolls and toy kitchens. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, xenobia said:

So.. do we know when Jessa is supposed to deliver blessing #4? I don't think she can have too far to go. 

Summer . If she delivers early like she did with Ivy could be any minute now.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

On 6/4/2021 at 7:47 PM, Mama Mia said:

I don’t think they would have gifted Ivan any baby dolls, but the Duggar’s for all their MANY flaws and insistence on extreme sex segregation—- are really pretty “normal” regarding little kids playing with a variety of toys.  The little boys play with toy kitchens, the little girls play with toy cars. Until their teens we’ve seen boy-girl best friend combos with Johanna/Jackson and Joy/Josiah . They kept Jackson in with the little girl group for a really long time, and rough and tumble Joy was only rudely shoved in to the “be a lady!” Big girl group at 15 ish, which she semi-escaped by marrying early.

The grown daughters mostly seem to be comfortable with tools and building and fixing things, and until they decided to double back down on how gender role separated they are — some of the boys/ young men were the go-to’s for making particular foods.

yep, and Jessa has posted pictures of Henry playing with a dolls' house, I think possibly while at the TTH? So they clearly a) make these toys available to all the children/grandkids, and b) aren't ashamed to share that on social media.

I agree that Jessa probably wouldn't be encouraging or celebrating a son's similar interest in baby dolls to the same level, but I don't think she'd be embarrassed by it or discourage it. Ben comes over as a pretty engaged, loving, hands-on dad, so I can see that the boys might seek to emulate that. Of course a lot of families find the cognitive dissonance within themselves to freak out at little boys copying their fathers' caring behaviours. My cousin was horrified that his wife bought their sons a little dolls' pram, even though as a dad of three he literally pushed a real baby in a real pram every day. Nowt so queer as folk, as they say.

• Upvote 7

35 minutes ago, AprilQuilt said:

yep, and Jessa has posted pictures of Henry playing with a dolls' house, I think possibly while at the TTH? So they clearly a) make these toys available to all the children/grandkids, and b) aren't ashamed to share that on social media.

I agree that Jessa probably wouldn't be encouraging or celebrating a son's similar interest in baby dolls to the same level, but I don't think she'd be embarrassed by it or discourage it. Ben comes over as a pretty engaged, loving, hands-on dad, so I can see that the boys might seek to emulate that. Of course a lot of families find the cognitive dissonance within themselves to freak out at little boys copying their fathers' caring behaviours. My cousin was horrified that his wife bought their sons a little dolls' pram, even though as a dad of three he literally pushed a real baby in a real pram every day. Nowt so queer as folk, as they say.

AS a child in t he early 70s, I remember I had a little friend, Adam, who played with dolls. He had them at his house. I guess his parents had no issue with it. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Nutella Ace said:

Jessa posted a pregnancy update video... they are planning a hospital birth this time!

Let's hope they actually have a hospital birth this time! They were planning a hospital birth with Ivy, but Jessa ended up chickening out since her midwife was out of town.

Jessa should not be giving birth at home with her history. While I think all homebirth is risky, Jessa's history of hemorrhaging makes it very risky to give birth at home. If she looses enough blood, she could die. She hemorrhaged and had a blood transfusion with Spurgeon that should be reason to give birth at a hospital. Now she's hemorrhaged twice. Having a history of hemorrhaging makes a woman more likely to hemorrhage after birth.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 19

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic