IGNORED

Seewalds 45: Ben’s a REAL Pastor at a PRECIOUS Church!

nelliebelle1197

I’m curious now since that they have two of each if they  will find a way to stop having babies especially with the show being canceled. 

• Upvote 9

28 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

She's got a point, though. We've got two boys and we're running out of boy's names we like!

Might not be regulation but luck of the draw. At the hospital I deliver at, you ideally get your own ob/midwife if they're affiliated and on call, but you might also just get whoever's on duty right then.

Agreed.

I'm a little thrown by Elliana, though, given that they already have an Elliot as a middle name. It seems too similar.

Considering that both Jed and Jer's middle names are Robert, (and the whole Jana, Johanna, Joy-Anna first name thing etc.), I don't think they'd really focus on that. If they'd used Elliot and Elliana as first names it might be more of an issue, although I could also see some people using them as paired first names for twins if they're inclined towards that kind of thing (which would be even more confusing).

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

I like the middle more than the first.  Only knew of one Fern as I was growing up; she was the oldest teacher in my high school's English department and kind of an odd duck.  Did know a really nice gal in my high school graduating class back in the '70's named Spruce.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5

Wow, I was convinced they were having a boy. I like, don’t love, Fern. It’s classic without being overused. Not a fan of Elliana, but they’re the ones who have to live with the name, not me. On the whole, I like Jessa’s taste in names. Good to hear that everything apparently went well and that baby appears to be healthy. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, nst said:

from her past births it looks likes this one was the smallest baby? and that she somewhat enjoyed the hospital birth and looked like half way through it like why did i not do this the past three times....

:D

She seemed surprised the baby was “only” 8.5 , I think she did look bigger. Probably the chubby cheeks. 

• Upvote 7

49 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I'm a little thrown by Elliana, though, given that they already have an Elliot as a middle name. It seems too similar.

All the females in my family, both mom's side and dad's side, have the same middle name, except my mom, who has said name as part of her first name, so close/repeated middle names are totally normal for me. I think it would be different if it were first names, but I don't think people put a lot of thought into whether the middle name is different enough from their other kids' middle names. 

• Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

She seemed surprised the baby was “only” 8.5 , I think she did look bigger. Probably the chubby cheeks. 

She mentioned that she gained more weight with this pregnancy, like she had with Spurge so she probably expected this baby to be nearer 10lb.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, livinginthelight said:

So the boys get strong theologian names, while the girls get bendable, pliable plant names. Lovely. I would so much rather have seen a Deborah, Esther, Lydia, Phoebe, or even (maybe/maybe not) Priscilla.

Poison Ivy? Both ivy and ferns are robust plants. Daisy would have given me more of a soft and pliant vibe.

• Upvote 4

I’m glad for Jessa that she got the epidural she wanted. While it seemed from the video (they may have very well left some info out) that she didn’t hemorrhage this time around, I wonder if she’ll warm you to the idea of a hospital birth. Ben seems to prefer it.   

• Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Thorns said:

Poison Ivy? Both ivy and ferns are robust plants. Daisy would have given me more of a soft and pliant vibe.

All of my main Sims characters are nature names. There are SO many plant names to pick from…..Ivy, Fern, Willow, Rose, Daisy, Lily, Jasmine, Camilla, Violet, Heather, Holly, Poppy, Zinnia… . The more general Blossom or Flora. Daisy is really popular in my area, mostly with Latina girls. 

So many others 
I don’t think it’s physically possible, and I really hope she wouldn’t anyway — but she could have a whole team of plant named girls (and boys- Bay, Sage, Ash, Basil…) to rival her mom before she got to poor Boxwood Seawald

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

I like Fern. As others mentioned I immediately thought of Charlotte’s Web. I’m glad she gave birth in the hospital and it seems like the birth went mostly according to plan without the complications she has had in the past. 

• Upvote 10

My sister and her husband used all their favourite boy names on their first boy so the little brother has big brother’s middle name as his first. They’re expecting again now so it will be interesting to see what they name it if it’s a third boy. 

• Upvote 5

Watched the video. Jessa is always so controlled that it was refreshing seeing her cry and express real, unguarded emotion. 

I was amused by Spurgeon’s reaction to the sex. He sounded so disgusted when he realized it was a girl. And Ivy equating a bow with Evy Mae was adorable. 

• Upvote 8

And sometimes the world changes your opinion of a name. This happened to me twice. Christian was my runner up name when I was pregnant with my first but when I was pregnant with my second, 50 Shades of Grey came out and we crossed the name off the lift forever. Similarly, we would have used Charlotte Elizabeth if either of our boys had been a girl but then Princess Charlotte was born and we scrapped it. 

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

All of my main Sims characters are nature names. There are SO many plant names to pick from…..Ivy, Fern, Willow, Rose, Daisy, Lily, Jasmine, Camilla, Violet, Heather, Holly, Poppy, Zinnia… . The more general Blossom or Flora. Daisy is really popular in my area, mostly with Latina girls. 

So many others 
I don’t think it’s physically possible, and I really hope she wouldn’t anyway — but she could have a whole team of plant named girls (and boys- Bay, Sage, Ash, Basil…) to rival her mom before she got to poor Boxwood Seawald

Let’s not forget about Petunia as a possible name. 

Spoiler

A29D8300-688E-4D02-A782-9DF99C62A729.jpeg

J. K. Rowling has forever ruined that name for me though. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Oh, I hope beyond hope she names a future girl Hyacinth! (Any Keeping Up Appearances fans here?)

Then she would have a bouquet (bucket) of girls lol 

• Haha 13

14 hours ago, adidas said:

I think it’s a boy. She announced Ivy’s name straight away but waited until the 5th day for the boys. 

I’m giving up guessing ?

3 hours ago, frugalitymom said:

I’m curious now since that they have two of each if they  will find a way to stop having babies especially with the show being canceled. 

I think there will be a statement about how they would like to adopt their next baby. They’ve said it a few times.

5 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I love Mrs Bucket!

Perhaps after that they can use Rose, Daisy and Violet?

It's pronounced "Bouquet" dear.  Lol.  

Personally, I don't think Fern is a bad choice as far as names, go.  It is sort of old fashioned but there is nothing wrong with that.  It is a name that will age well as she goes through different phases of life.  It is also a unique name in Jessa's family and she will likely not end up with cousins with the same or a similar name, but also not so unique it is weird (cough, cough Surgeon).  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

I immediately thought of Fern from the TV show "Arthur" when I saw the name ?

But in all seriousness, I am glad that mom and baby seem healthy.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

The Arthur television series is hardly a bad association though. Most of the characters on the show had old-fashion names and nicknames. Arthur, Dora Winifred (D. W.), etc. 

I like the name. I know an older woman named Fern. Both nature names and old fashion names are trendy right now. Lots of botanical names for girls on the popularity charts. It wouldn't surprise me if Fern became more popular than it is now.

• Upvote 8

I really liked the name Fern, but as a houseplant enthusiast who is a bit superstitious I crossed it off my list once my last fern died.

• Haha 17

35 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The Arthur television series is hardly a bad association though. Most of the characters on the show had old-fashion names and nicknames. Arthur, Dora Winifred (D. W.), etc. 

The Duggars probably wouldn't be too thrilled associating with a kids' show that now features an openly gay character! ? 

Edited by VineHeart137
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Not crazy about the name Fern, but not my kid and at least her name didn't begin with a "T" (though it would have been amusing).

• Haha 8

I was wrong on the sex. I think the name sounds better flipped around, but maybe Jessa wanted to move away from all the First letter vowel names of recent Duggar GDs.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic