IGNORED

Jed and Katey 2: The Hidden Engagement?

Coconut Flan

What a contrast between the two announcements:

Spoiler

3087DCC4-9C49-4302-A9EF-0C5506E4E828.png

Spoiler

BB3D1165-5455-4B9C-B1DD-7A99CCABA43E.png

They go on to say how delighted they are that Katey has joined the family, and how proud they are of the man that Jed has become. 

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 17
  • Sad 8
  • Thank You 6

49 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

They go on to say how delighted they are that Katey has joined the family, and how proud they are of the man that Jed has become. 

This makes me think WACB speculation may have been right. Justin just married Claire to avoid some kind of consequence from JB for something Justin did.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 7
  • I Agree 2

When are we going to see the first joint wedding?

Id be getting pretty annoyed if I was in their guest list. Two weddings - what a month apart? In completely different states. During a pandemic [emoji2360]

They need to do a morning wedding at venue 1 for couple 1, followed by a brunch reception and an afternoon wedding for couple 2, followed by a dinner reception. Joint dance.

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 2

Is anyone else curious if the whole secret relationship thing will become normal? Somehow, I don't think so and it'll be a one time thing. I feel like this was kept quiet because Pa Nakatsu made some rules and Jed, Katey and the Duggars just went along to make the relationship work. I am surprised at how quiet they were able to keep it. Now, if another one happens and we don't know until the engagement again, then something else is going on because even if TLC didn't pay too much attention to Justin and Claire, at least their courtship and engagement were properly announced.

Edited by anaandrade
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

Is anyone else curious if the whole secret relationship thing will become normal? Somehow, I don't think so and it'll be a one time thing. I feel like this was kept quiet because Pa Nakatsu made some rules and Jed, Katey and the Duggars just went along to make the relationship work. I am surprised at how quiet they were able to keep it. Now, if another one happens and we don't know until the engagement again, then something else is going on because even if TLC didn't pay too much attention to Justin and Claire, at least their courtship and engagement were properly announced.

I don't know. They haven't mentioned anything about the Wissman pairings yet. Also, no mention on TLC.

Esther Keyes posted a pic from the wedding with Tiffany so I guess Lawson brought his date to this one.

• Upvote 11

Maybe the downplaying it all is on purpose so as to not be a theDuggar circus in the future when one wants to be a serious Polititian. This might be a very convenient marriage. But it reminds me a bit of the Kelly Bradrick story, very obedient girl gets to marry strong leading headship and.........let's hope they have a better chance at life and that they will be happy in life together. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

This makes me sad for Justin. At least the Spiveys seem to love him.

Did anyone watching the live stream happen to spot any Wissmans?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

I mean at least Jed’s looked Ike wedding picture and not a prom picture. Like how can anyone look at the Justin and Claire picture and not just feel sad? They should be going to prom, going to college, not married and having a dozen babies. Jed and Katey at least look old enough to get married (and it is actually a really lovely wedding photo)

Edited by CanadianMamam
  • Upvote 23
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

55 minutes ago, kiwi said:

They need to do a morning wedding at venue 1 for couple 1, followed by a brunch reception and an afternoon wedding for couple 2, followed by a dinner reception. Joint dance.

Nice plan but they think dancing is a ticket to hell. ?

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

... And with that, yet another breeding franchise has been added to Duggar Arrows Inc.

Jedey! Putting the erection in ressurection night!

I'll see myself to the prayer closet.

And you win the internet for me today. 

18 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Jedey and the Easter Wedding. Giving He is Risen a whole 'nother meaning. ?

You also win the internet for me. Today. Keep them coming people, it’s never gunna get old. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Highlights for me were:

the cows

whoever the kid taking pictures was turned around and stuck his tongue out at the other camera

the vow bearer boy who either had to pee or was freezing cold

the maid of honour trying to adjust the train and basically yanking Katey backwards (because she's such a weak, womanly vessel?)

the stream dying and me not having to LISTEN TO THEM SING.

I thought the outdoor setting was beautiful, and Katey looked lovely.

Edited by J'Lurker
Typooooos
  • Upvote 13

3 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

And you win the internet for me today. 

You also win the internet for me. Today. Keep them coming people, it’s never gunna get old. 

*That's what she said.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 22

I actually quite liked Katey's wedding dress, I thought it looked nice. I think I like the bridesmaid dresses, would like to see a picture of them all together. 

I thought for a second Jed had constellations on his tie, and I was like oh yeah, but I guess that's too sciency for the Duggars. 

• Upvote 7

Not sure if it’s the unabashedly patriarchal vows, the playing dirty in politics, or just that he looks so much like Josh, but Jed really skeeves me out. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 24

I really don't get how Katey can say "I'll submit to you and obey you" with a straight face. If I had been asked to say that I'd be like "nope, I am out of here". 

I am (hopefully, fingers crossed) getting married this month, and our vows both end with the words "this is a marriage of equals". 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 15

It's worth noting that I think is "obey" in most of the Duggar ceremonies, but it's less prominently featured and TLC edits it out. (Actually Anna promised to obey Josh, but since then.) We saw that with the unedited version of Jill and Derick's wedding. In the long version, she promised to obey him, but not on television.

I would be interested to see how TLC edits this. 

Sidenote: I never got over the really depressing music TLC played over parts of  Jessa's ceremony. It was not a great song for a wedding imo.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 9

21 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I would be interested to see how TLC edits this. 

I don't think they filmed the ceremony. They didn't show any cameras (besides the photographers and that Gabe guy who did the Claritin wedding video) or production crew.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, indianabones said:

I don't think they filmed the ceremony. They didn't show any cameras (besides the photographers and that Gabe guy who did the Claritin wedding video) or production crew.

Good point! However the Duggars could sell the footage to the network. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Melinda said:

His Instagram is private now.

Too many duggar humpers scared him..... 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

I really don't get how Katey can say "I'll submit to you and obey you" with a straight face. If I had been asked to say that I'd be like "nope, I am out of here". 

I am (hopefully, fingers crossed) getting married this month, and our vows both end with the words "this is a marriage of equals". 

This is realy nice! I would also wish for such a wedding.

As for Katey, I think she's bought into it all, because everything she (and her dad) has said indicates that. Jed's post sounds happy, they look happy, and I feel they're both on board with whatever it is that's going on. I mean, I sincerely hope that is the case, but I can see it actually being so.

It is baffling to me also, but

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Smee said:

This makes me sad for Justin. At least the Spiveys seem to love him.

It’s not surprising he ran of to Texas (or wherever tve Spiveys live) as soon as he could. Good for him! Staying far away from the Duggars and hanging out with a family that loves him as Justin and not just counts him as #14 sounds like a good idea to me. It’s just a shame they’re equal amounts of fundie crazy.

Him and Claire are way to young to start pushing out baby after baby but at least they really look in love in the photos I’ve seen. I hope they stay that way, they figure out birth control is not the devil and that they get less fundie as they grow up together. 

Havn’t seen enough of Jed and Katey yet to see if they look happy together. If I didn’t know about the vows and their families believes that message from Jed would seem very sweet actually. 

Edited by Iamtheway
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

I didn't see Anna on the livestream. I saw quite a  bit of Josh who had charge of the younger kids He  pushed the pram (stroller) down the aisle and had 2 other Ms with him.Then you saw him with one in his arms.  One child was the ring bearer.  Where was Anna? Josh was definitely in charge of the kids.

I saw Lily Swanson too.- she's grown up a lot since we last saw her.

Katey's half brother stopped halfway down the aisle and Nathan Bates stood up to speak to him. Looked as if they knew each other.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic