IGNORED

Jed and Katey 2: The Hidden Engagement?

Coconut Flan

Posting the picture from her brother’s Insta under this spoiler:

Spoiler

084E8B25-A9BC-4676-A622-6B76B02B8ACC.thumb.png.d707a0f669987205458dd2418bcd0773.png

It’s honestly a really pretty dress. No modesty panel, her hair and makeup look nice, but is it just me or do neither her or Jed actually look happy? It just adds to the very arranged marriage speculation. 

Also, apparently the Duggars are threatening legal action or trying to get accounts that post pics of the livestream down. They had to have known that people had access to it when it leaked and would post photos. Also I don’t really think that they have any legal clout to take down accounts when they knew the link was leaked. According to this Instagram account though, pictures are supposed to be released through US Weekly because the Duggars ended their partnership with People for exclusives. This whole thing is bizarre. 

Spoiler

47D404F2-4232-4A93-921F-2A9DE9E94530.thumb.png.6b34e5670d47eabc1c562ea74c657653.png

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
More info
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 12

3 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Is that a shot of him with their Mum? 

Yes.  That is his and Katey's mom. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

I will admit that I don’t understand Facebook rules,  but how can the Duggars take down Facebook accounts? They can complain, but do they have any real power? 

• Upvote 3

Man, the brother has some hot clients. He's not half bad himself. Damn. 

Maybe the reason they look uncomfortable in that picture with the brother is they aren't comfortable with him? Like, they'll invite because he's family and they hope he'll convert one day, but they still think gay = icky.

• Upvote 25
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Apart from Christ I cannot love you, listen to you or protect you as I should. Naturally I will focus one my own needs instead of yours but with Christ and by his grace I vow to be you humble spiritual leader."

"Apart from Christ I cannot love you, respect you or honor you as I should naturally I will focus on my own needs instead of yours but with Christ and by his grace I vow to submit to your leadership, pray for you always."

I really don't understand these parts of their vows. 

So do they love each other or not? 

This vow was only read by Jed! As Katey's headship, he's vowing to lead her. She's a woman; she didn't promise him the same thing. It's very patriarchal. She was living in Arizona, and he in Arkansas. They probably don't each other as well as most couples these days. He reminds of Joshua Bontrager

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

I found the full vow Jed! said to Katey. Here it is:

"Katey, In Genesis we read therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife. And they too shall be one flesh (sexy time). God has ordained that the husband shall be the head of the wife. He instructs me as the one who will be your husband, to love unconditionally, as Christ loved the church. Apart from Christ, I cannot love you, listen to you, or protect you as I should. Naturally, I would focus on my own needs instead of yours. With Christ and by His grace, I found to be your humble spiritual leader, to be a man of the word, to remain faithful to you to stay open with you. Encourage you protect you. Listen to your needs and love you, whether you are healthy, sick, rich or poor and or old. It's my desire and delight to follow scriptural teachings in growing God's word together. As long as we both shall live, on my heart I make these vows to you."  

Katey's vows were different; hers were not about leading him. She promised to obey him.  

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

The fact that Katey has a normal brother who does care enough to go to wedding gives me hope for the young couple. 

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 6

55 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

He lost the election. Enough said, probably. JimBob probably lowered the boom on him. Marry her or else.

what a reason to get married. losing an election which means no PR, so add a wedding pr they are trying to hide. 

makes perfect sense 

• Upvote 4

Is there no one in Fundieland that does wedding hair???? It looks as half arsed as Joys sad hair on her wedding. 

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

Just throwing out my two cents that judging a single wedding photo and intuiting emotions is a dangerous game. They probably did a bajillion photos today and you can’t always look genuine after that. 

There are a whole lot of reasons to be concerned about this relationship IMO. How they look in a picture isn’t one of them. Just some really icky vibes from that ceremony. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 14

5 hours ago, closetcagebaby said:

Men are...kept eight to a cupboard? Full of spaghetti? 

... can be picked from a huge choice at a party? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 18

5 hours ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

The minister said women are the weaker vessels, delicate like a vase. Men are like Tupperware, rugged and can be handled roughly. ? :puke-front:

So women are delicate vases yet fundie expect their bodies to go through ELEVENTY!!1!!! pregnancies and births? I personnally find women's bodies strong as hell.

I know it's mainly anectodal but from my personal expericience, the women in my life also have a much bigger pain threshold than men.

Edited by Vivi_music
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 23

Sadly, Anna has “normal” family and Pest gave her every reason to question their religion and leave.  I don’t see Katey having a “normal” brother as any hope she’ll leave.  She seems very brainwashed by the cult. 

• Upvote 14
  • Confused 2
  • I Agree 11

Jed announced it on his Instagram. Says they've been "quietly developing their relationship." Okay then... 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Thank You 3

Finally some acknowledgment of the wedding! Jed just posted this with the following caption:

For a long time I have prayed for my future spouse, not knowing who that person would be. God answered my prayers far beyond what I could have ever imagined in Katey! We have enjoyed quietly developing our relationship over the past year and every moment together has been amazing! I’m so grateful God brought Katey into my life and excited to share with you all that today she became my wife! Katey, the thought of sharing the rest of my life with you makes me the happiest man in the world! I love you so much!! ❤️ #happilyeverafter

Spoiler

F35891B8-282F-4E28-B4A4-92C2AE239EEB.thumb.png.e6535d01f8a73cc84112d68c7076c992.png

ETA: Looks like we all posted at the same time ?

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

On 3/29/2021 at 7:39 PM, mstee said:

Where’s @FrozenSmile at?! We need some insider info! 

I came over here as soon as i saw the announcement - i was shocked! I had no clue that he was even courting, let alone getting married. I’ve been out of the loop for a while, though (thanks covid).

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 4
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

Is there no one in Fundieland that does wedding hair???? It looks as half arsed as Joys sad hair on her wedding. 

Josie Bates? She and her friend have their own business that does mostly wedding hair

• Upvote 11

I may not agree with their beliefs but I actually think good for them announcing it when they wanted to do it. I still think their are a couple other Duggar courtships under wraps. 

• Upvote 15

14 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

I came over here as soon as i saw the announcement - i was shocked! I had no clue that he was even courting, let alone getting married. I’ve been out of the loop for a while, though (thanks covid).

Oh. Bless your dear heart. I guess you're not the Crystal Ball "source" that she keeps talking about. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10

A couple more photos from reddit that were said to be posted to a random twitter account. 

dzpvm6awd2r61.jpg

104ni6awd2r61.jpg

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 10

29 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

So I guess you don’t have the scoop of Jana and Stephen Wissman, and Jeremiah with Hannah Wissman?  That’s ok. Stay and snark for a while.

• Upvote 17

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic