IGNORED

Jed and Katey 2: The Hidden Engagement?

Coconut Flan

15 hours ago, nst said:

i think this beats Jill's peeing on a stick and showing it to the world seconds later.  

This is way more cray cray.  She is Jill 2.0 

Becoming Jill 2.0 is a compliment this girl doesn't deserve (yet). Jill has done so much growth and personal change since she first got married. I think your comment is pretty dismissive of all her work. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 9

19 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Am I the only person that would have waited to get home to do a pregs test? Long before Covid, I didn't like going in public restrooms unless it was an emergency...and that wasn't often. Someone metioned the possibility of Jed venturing more into politics. We will see if his big bro ruined it for him🤔

YES - ugh - I don't use public bathrooms unless it's an emergency - and wouldn't you have gone before you left home? Yuck. 

Also - holy CATS are they excited. I hope the baby sticks around because that's a whole lot of announcing ... 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, viii said:

Becoming Jill 2.0 is a compliment this girl doesn't deserve (yet). Jill has done so much growth and personal change since she first got married. I think your comment is pretty dismissive of all her work. 

4 hours ago, viii said:

whose work? Jill's or this chickie I can't her name.

my comment was about when Jill announced her pregnancy -  it reminded me....

boy has this place gotten intense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 11

Had a bit of more thought on taking pregnancy tests at games, public bathrooms etc... it also might be because for some people those are the only safe places to test. As embarrassing as it was, my mum never got mad or even aknowledged me when I had forgotten my (negative) pregnancy test by the sink, on two completely different occasions. But I know people whose parents would've FLIPPED at the mere sight of one, even if the kids were adults. Hell, you can have your friends as support when you go to a public bathroom - they'll be right there waiting for you!

This, however, was definitely not the case with Jed and Katey.

• Upvote 15
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 7

If I was in this cult, I would probably buy each new bride a 50 pack of cheap Amazon pregnancy tests to last her for the first few months of marriage.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

I was surprised at how assertive Katey was, definitely she was the take charge person in the video. Also pretty shocked about how comfortable she was talking about how badly she needed to pee! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, finnlassie said:

they'll be right there waiting for you!

Now I can't get the Richard Marx song out of head.  Not a bad thing.  I like the song. 

Edited by RosyDaisy
  • Haha 7

They have some cleaning up to do on their image right now because they pissed ALOT of people off about covid. If Jed cares about his political career he had better apologize. We will probably see more Duggars showing their ass now that there is no show to promote.

Edited by Tangy Bee
  • Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 2

26 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

They have some cleaning up to do on their image right now because they pissed ALOT of people off about covid. If Jed cares about his political career he had better apologize. We will probably see more Duggars showing their ass now that there is no show to promote.

IMO more stupid things this family does the better.   They honestly need to just go away, retreat to the TTH and rely on whatever work they can get outside of being on TV to get by.  TLC finally cut them loose but it took Joshgate 3.0 to finally do it.   And that was after years of rumors swirling on what the deal was with Josh.   I know there will always be diehard fans who still buy into the Wholesome Christian Family thing but they might just need to be embarrassed into going away.  It they can bring it about themselves, that's fine with me.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

But about half the country agrees with them. Even in my lefty corner of my bright blue state - you have people hanging out on overpass bridges with signs shouting against masks and vaccinations. And our Governor is in a disturbingly close race to get recalled - primarily because we’ve had some of the most restrictions and mandates around Covid. I don’t think they feel they need to rehabilitate their image politically. He knows who his crowd is. And he can’t (or shouldn’t) be blamed for the actions of his decade older brother. He lost last time, as a barely adult unmarried boy sharing a room with his twin. Give him a couple years, a political wife and a couple cute babies and he could be in office. 

eta: I’m not saying I agree with any of that, just that I don’t think the cultural/political divide on Covid is going to hurt him with his target audience. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 16

13 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

But about half the country agrees with them. Even in my lefty corner of my bright blue state - you have people hanging out on overpass bridges with signs shouting against masks and vaccinations. And our Governor is in a disturbingly close race to get recalled - primarily because we’ve had some of the most restrictions and mandates around Covid. I don’t think they feel they need to rehabilitate their image politically. He knows who his crowd is. And he can’t (or shouldn’t) be blamed for the actions of his decade older brother. He lost last time, as a barely adult unmarried boy sharing a room with his twin. Give him a couple years, a political wife and a couple cute babies and he could be in office. 

eta: I’m not saying I agree with any of that, just that I don’t think the cultural/political divide on Covid is going to hurt him with his target audience. 

I think what will affect Jed’s near term political aspirations are the depths of JB’s pockets, and Jed’s ability to reach it.  Of course when talking Duggars and money, currently, it does all circle back to Josh and Anna and big a big ole quiver-

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

I think Jed! said all he needed to say about his political career when he didn’t release any statement about Josh. How can he try and run for office with that over his head?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

17 minutes ago, artdecades said:

I think Jed! said all he needed to say about his political career when he didn’t release any statement about Josh. How can he try and run for office with that over his head?

And he completely phoned his last campaign in. I’m glad Megan Godfrey won, but he could have beaten her if he had actually tried.

I think he’s done politically and he knows it. Who knows, maybe he only ran in the first place because Boob wanted him to.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

57 minutes ago, artdecades said:

But that’s kind of awful, objectively. Putting aside my distaste for his brand of politics —- I don’t think any sibling / immediate family member should feel obligated to make a statement about their predator and/or criminal relative. I understand why the older girls, who were his victims, did. And it would certainly be appropriate and welcome if any of the others did —- but I don’t think they should feel they HAVE to. Especially a brother who was a toddler when the first offenses happened. I have no idea how close he is/was to Josh - but it wouldn’t be surprising if his feelings are a jumble  of disgust, anger, embarrassment, betrayal —- and still some affection- because it’s his older  brother. 
Do you think voters would expect him to address it? I don’t think I would. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

But that’s kind of awful, objectively. Putting aside my distaste for his brand of politics —- I don’t think any sibling / immediate family member should feel obligated to make a statement about their predator and/or criminal relative. I understand why the older girls, who were his victims, did. And it would certainly be appropriate and welcome if any of the others did —- but I don’t think they should feel they HAVE to. Especially a brother who was a toddler when the first offenses happened. I have no idea how close he is/was to Josh - but it wouldn’t be surprising if his feelings are a jumble  of disgust, anger, embarrassment, betrayal —- and still some affection- because it’s his older  brother. 
Do you think voters would expect him to address it? I don’t think I would. 

I agree with all that. If he was not to run as a political person I respect all that you said as to why he doesn’t and shouldn’t need to feel the reason to comment.  
But as a voter I would expect him to make a statement, I want to know his stance and view on it to see if they marry with my own beliefs. It is something that has happened in his world and therefore is shaping his view of it and I want to know how it will effect his politics. I believe that his statement would lead to transparency and honesty. Something duggars are not known for. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 10:16 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

In the beginning? John and Abbie's child was born 14 months after they were married. This baby is due about 12 months after the wedding. I guess 2 months is longer, but too much longer.

For John and Abbie, it was the first time that I was not feeling that uncomfortable when they announced since they were older and both clearly have had time to have a life outside the family for a few years. And now they are not rushing it for the second one. 
To me, it is a completely different story than 20-year olds having babies right out of 'high school'.

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 9/7/2021 at 6:34 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I was in this cult, I would probably buy each new bride a 50 pack of cheap Amazon pregnancy tests to last her for the first few months of marriage.

That will last them 46 days max. 

11 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

For John and Abbie, it was the first time that I was not feeling that uncomfortable when they announced since they were older and both clearly have had time to have a life outside the family for a few years. And now they are not rushing it for the second one. 
To me, it is a completely different story than 20-year olds having babies right out of 'high school'.

I always wonder if how sick she was is a factor, or if they’re purposely spacing, or it just hasn’t happened yet. 

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic