IGNORED

Jed and Katey 2: The Hidden Engagement?

Coconut Flan

I think it’s Lauren Andregg Wikstrom. Doesn’t look like any Duggars or in laws. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I like the man's suits they look well fitted and a nice color. Still waiting for a better shot of Katey's dress before deciding if I like it 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, justmy2cents said:

And the stream is gone for me. Anyone still seeing it?

It stopped for me too.

Yeah I got kicked out too. Tried to reload and it seems like the viewership dropped from around 1600 to 200 so I think it’s just out

The stream has ended, but if you refresh you can watch again. It's horrible quality but looks like an interesting crowd. 

The video cuts out mid-song still. 

Whoever has listed this as HD quality needs an eye exam ASAP. 

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Additional thought
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

So far I'm rewatching and have recognized Lily Swanson, Laura Demaisie, and Jenni walk in front of the camera. Kord and Grace, and his ascot, lol talking to someone then walking to their seats while pausing to talk to Nathan Bates. Also I think Lauren and Devin Wikstrom are sitting in the back row, right in front of the camera, her in the stripes?

this is all before the camera POV changed

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, rexasaurus_nirb said:

I am not Christian and didn't realize non-Catholics took communion. My bad! If that is what is happening... 

All Christians take communion. I think it’s less common in the “low” (very Protestant) denominations than in the “high church” denominations (Lutheran and Episcopalian), which are older and closer to Catholicism. However, today is Holy Saturday, when it is traditional not to take communion.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

All Christians take communion. I think it’s less common in the “low” (very Protestant) denominations than in the “high church” denominations (Lutheran and Episcopalian), which are older and closer to Catholicism. However, today is Holy Saturday, when it is traditional not to take communion.

Thanks for the info! 

• Upvote 1

So from what we saw it seems like I was right in thinking this wedding would fundier and more patriarchal than usual. 

We got a speech from Katey's dad that reminds me of a Bontrager wedding. He mentioned several times that he and Katey go on "father-daughter dates". It reminds me of the Bontragers and the Rods.

Lots and lots of Jesus talk. She promised to obey him. "Women are the weaker vessels" I know that's from the bible, but they generally don't quote that line at any wedding I've ever been to and most of those weddings were religious weddings in churches. Lots of emphasis on obeying and Jed! promised to lead her. 

Katey's dad seems controlling. She seemed happy, so that's good. I don't understand how you could want your adult daugther/child under someone else's control.  I guess it's okay since Katey will have "influence". Like Eve had influence. It wasn't Adam's fault he trusted his wife.  (The point about Adam and Eve was made during the ceremony.)

I wish these two good luck and happiness, but this wedding made me uneasy. 

• Upvote 18
  • Disgust 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 17
  • Love 1

First Duggar wedding to have cows grazing behind the bride and groom!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
  • Love 3

The minister said women are the weaker vessels, delicate like a vase. Men are like Tupperware, rugged and can be handled roughly. ? :puke-front:

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 17
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 15
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

So far I'm rewatching and have recognized Lily Swanson, Laura Demaisie, and Jenni walk in front of the camera. Kord and Grace, and his ascot, lol talking to someone then walking to their seats while pausing to talk to Nathan Bates. Also I think Lauren and Devin Wikstrom are sitting in the back row, right in front of the camera, her in the stripes?

this is all before the camera POV changed

This probably isn’t the thread to talk about it but WTF is up with that ascot. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

The minister said women are the weaker vessels, delicate like a vase. Men are like Tupperware, rugged and can be handled roughly. ? :puke-front:

Men are...kept eight to a cupboard? Full of spaghetti? 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 32
  • Love 2

communion singing is Jason, and I believe Ashlynn Andregg (the oldest one, not Lauren).

I also see Gabriel Johnson (the "Gabenator" who did the Clairtin wedding videography) also filming for J'Katey. Based on the Clairtin teaser and other clips on his instagram, his work is very artistic and smooth for a fundie. 

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Katey's father said they went on their last father-daughter date this week. 

• Disgust 20
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • WTF 1

39 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So from what we saw it seems like I was right in thinking this wedding would fundier and more patriarchal than usual. 

We got a speech from Katey's dad that reminds me of a Bontrager wedding. He mentioned several times that he and Katey go on "father-daughter dates". It reminds me of the Bontragers and the Rods.

Lots and lots of Jesus talk. She promised to obey him. "Women are the weaker vessels" I know that's from the bible, but they generally don't quote that line at any wedding I've ever been to and most of those weddings were religious weddings in churches. Lots of emphasis on obeying and Jed! promised to lead her. 

Katey's dad seems controlling. She seemed happy, so that's good. I don't understand how you could want your adult daugther/child under someone else's control.  I guess it's okay since Katey will have "influence". Like Eve had influence. It wasn't Adam's fault he trusted his wife.  (The point about Adam and Eve was made during the ceremony.)

I wish these two good luck and happiness, but this wedding made me uneasy. 

I went to a Jevoah Witness wedding several years ago and the marriage ceremony was all about headship and submission and my husband and I were both so uncomfortable. This also goes to the point made above about the not-fundie relatives/friends normally seeing only the “good” parts. I knew my friend was a Jehovah Witness but I never really considered all the elements of that because I only saw her outside those settings. 

29 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

Men are...kept eight to a cupboard? Full of spaghetti? 

Men constantly lose their lids? 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 31
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

34 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

The minister said women are the weaker vessels, delicate like a vase. 

You know,  if I had to state that at my own wedding, you'd better bet that I would make sure that it applied all around: "Oh, no dear, I can't bring in the groceries/mop the floor/clean the refrigerator.  I am such a weak vessel. I probably better just sit here and think about your superiority while I'm watching reruns of  ER."

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 37
  • I Agree 1

From the pic I saw on Reddit her dress looks nice wasn't at the best angle though. I think this won't be the last Duggar wedding this year either. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Those vows were.... something. They were transcribed on Reddit:

"Gods ordaine that the husband will be the head of the wife. He instructs me as the one who will be your husband to love unconditionally as Christ loves the church. Apart from Christ I cannot love you, listen to you or protect you as I should. Naturally I will focus one my own needs instead of yours but with Christ and by his grace I vow to be you humble spiritual leader."

"God had ordained that the wife subject to her husband he instructs me as the one will be your wife to submit to your authority as you do to Christ. Apart from Christ I cannot love you, respect you or honor you as I should naturally I will focus on my own needs instead of yours but with Christ and by his grace I vow to submit to your leadership, pray for you always..."

Edited by GlitterJam
  • Upvote 5
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 8
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 16

The livestream has been set to private now. I wonder if it was cut on purpose? The quality was awful.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic