IGNORED

Jed and Katey 2: The Hidden Engagement?

Coconut Flan

I just looked more closely at some parts of the video. Here's a screen shot from the panorama of the Duggar clan. It looks like Mackynzie is wearing a dress that's very similar to Jordyns. Perhaps they both were part of the bridal party in some way, but they didn't include them in the other photos? Jordyn isn't included in the sequence at 3.30, but she's there a few seconds later. 

79F8074D-E9FB-4964-AE53-4D9376BC7040_1_201_a.jpeg

• Upvote 5

I think the video makes everything very normal. I have been to two weddings in the last two weeks and I saw many of the same or similar decor items, dress, ring style... etc. They are slightly awkward together, but not overly so. My cousin that got married this weekend looked a little awkward here and there at the wedding (in particular when they were doing the first dance, during some of the pictures and speeches) and he and his new wife have lived together for 2+ years. It is just sometimes awkward having photos done and having all eyes on you.

If I didn't know any of the background and all the cringe that goes with their weird cult beliefs I would have thought it looked like a nice wedding. 

Edited by nvmbr02
typo
  • Upvote 15

It seemed like nearly everyone was squinting into the sun in the pictures. Not the best look for most people. Maybe that's Lauren's problem.

• I Agree 8

1 hour ago, xenobia said:

I just looked more closely at some parts of the video. Here's a screen shot from the panorama of the Duggar clan. It looks like Mackynzie is wearing a dress that's very similar to Jordyns. Perhaps they both were part of the bridal party in some way, but they didn't include them in the other photos? Jordyn isn't included in the sequence at 3.30, but she's there a few seconds later. 

79F8074D-E9FB-4964-AE53-4D9376BC7040_1_201_a.jpeg

They also match Josie and Jinger, so that looks like some type of bridal party dress to me. Hannie and Meredith match as well, as do the three girls in front of the bride (Who are they? Part of her family?).

• Upvote 7

Based on the snippets in the video, it actually seemed like a nice wedding. Attractive dress, modest without screaming “look at my godly neckline,” simple bridesmaids dresses in a pretty color palette. Plus a restrained first kiss. So many of these kisses either look like they’re kissing a post or ready to fall on the floor and consummate the marriage right there. They were also respectful with the cake. And last but not least, the couple seemed comfortable with each other. 

im sure if the camera had stayed on one object for more than a second, I’d find something to snark on. But on the whole, it came across as a very normal and tasteful wedding. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Lily and Ellie’s Duggar family blog posted a link to a video that Katy’s brother was in, and interview maybe, talking about the marriage and how Katy married for love or something. It was only posted for a few hours before being taken down. Anyone seen it?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They also match Josie and Jinger, so that looks like some type of bridal party dress to me. Hannie and Meredith match as well, as do the three girls in front of the bride (Who are they? Part of her family?).

I wondered that too do you mean the denim jacket girls

2 hours ago, postscript said:

Based on the snippets in the video, it actually seemed like a nice wedding. Attractive dress, modest without screaming “look at my godly neckline,” simple bridesmaids dresses in a pretty color palette. Plus a restrained first kiss. So many of these kisses either look like they’re kissing a post or ready to fall on the floor and consummate the marriage right there. They were also respectful with the cake. And last but not least, the couple seemed comfortable with each other. 

im sure if the camera had stayed on one object for more than a second, I’d find something to snark on. But on the whole, it came across as a very normal and tasteful wedding. 

That was a very pretty wedding. I think Michelle looks absolutely great, which is interesting because she was clearly a stressed mess when filming the Easter special a few weeks later. 

• Upvote 9
  • Bless Your Heart 1

I know it’s partly how it’s cut, and it’s a wedding day so everyone is smiling, but I have to say, Jed and Katey DO look completely besotted and very happy together. I hope for their sake that lasts and they can grow together into something more than just cult representatives. They look far more relaxed than Justin & Claire do in their teaser video.

What do we know about this “Gabenator films” videographer? Just a fundie with a camera, or part of Jim Bob’s plan for selling specials somewhere or being paid for YouTube revenue?

• Upvote 8

11 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I wondered that too do you mean the denim jacket girls

Yes.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Smee said:

What do we know about this “Gabenator films” videographer? Just a fundie with a camera, or part of Jim Bob’s plan for selling specials somewhere or being paid for YouTube revenue?

I saw a comment that Ma Spivey left on one of his videos last fall. Something like "OMG Gabe, did you film that? It's amazing!"

I guess she hired him for Clarityns wedding. And when TLC didn't/wouldn't film Jed&Katey, he was probably a good option. 

• Upvote 5

18 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Well, I fell down a rabbit hole in the wedding video. A major picspam post follows, though I stuck almost all of it under spoilers with descriptions of the contents of the spoiler.

So I skipped through the video and it looks like Josie was sitting off to the side before the procession. I couldn't see Jennifer or Jordyn, but I did spot Mackynzie and Michael. Mackynzie's in a matching dress, while Michael's in a matching suit. They definitely dressed family members who weren't in the wedding party in matching outfits. Which is actually an improvement over some of the weddings, where family could be really oddly casual.

Spoiler

Josie:

606078039_Josieduringprocession.thumb.JPG.286e137d4dd575e81a5a8a934dc5e4b1.JPG

Mackynzie and Michael: 

105870606_MackandMike.thumb.JPG.be60e9703672db0c110ff468ae9a3d60.JPG

It looks like just Jinger and Johannah (behind the redhead) were bridesmaids, with Meredith (she's so big!) and Felicity (carried by Jeremy) as flower girls. The one bridesmaid on the far left also spent the whole ceremony sitting down after processing in, but they clearly accommodated for that as there was a chair set right there for her.1499399160_Bridesmaids3.thumb.JPG.ad9008a66b524262fe0148adb4aac274.JPG

Additional screenshots of the bridesmaids and groomsmen in groups under the spoiler.

Spoiler

799111091_Bridesmaids2.thumb.JPG.b7523db3e28559cce834072eea7b70e4.JPG Groomsmen.JPG.d88e988db7081841540cc5b1348042b2.JPG

Processional pairings in order under additional spoiler. I recognize some of them, but definitely not all, especially when it comes to the bridesmaids.

Spoiler

Pairing 1: Unknown and Unknown

1498906423_Attendants1.JPG.bf5091709402cbf7e9e371c717fcd291.JPG

Pairing 2: Austin and unknown

1565031782_Attendants2.JPG.028d0602070e12682c6fc758171e6251.JPG

Pairing 3: Josiah and Unknown

1693678396_Attendants3.JPG.542cc57f36ac0e664dc49f7f8f7b0597.JPG

Pairing 4: Joseph and Jinger

1899980101_Attendants4.JPG.d022f3cc3f08857cdb177bbec472601e.JPG

Pairing 5: Justin and Johanna

187832359_Attendants5.JPG.9cbeb1be57594f5b94ee8bc51f6c434b.JPG

Pairing 6: James and Unknown

1881339238_Attendants6.JPG.81a3027778208d64e25ee9fc919ebbc1.JPG

Pairing 7: Jason (?) and Unknown

952101514_Attendants7.JPG.9b343430002ecf08461e3695ed9df58c.JPG

Pairing 8: Unknown and Unknown

755588785_Attendants8.JPG.9d8d8b3a280505bd7462df71916138f6.JPG

Pairing 9: Jeremiah and MOH Lauren Nakatsu (?)

2130255834_Attendants9.JPG.7f29eee78eee8209fd67a397e02bc5be.JPG

Pairing 10: Ringbearer (?) Marcus and Flower Girl Meredith

2109426243_Attendants10.JPG.fde158d11b27adad9b578f79e5bc88ba.JPG

Pairing 11: Flower Girl Felicity (and Jeremy)

588934718_Attendants11.JPG.93987e89bff113a260f7abcca3abc14b.JPG

They also showed at least three Ushers accompanying different family members. They all had to be either more extended family or friends. Curiously, three of the ushers appear to be wearing pink ties and pocket squares and dark blue suits that match the groomsmen (Marcus has a tiny bow tie in matching fabric), while one is wearing a matching suit but a blue tie with a different pattern than the groom or groomsmen. Then there's someone wearing a gray suit with a different blue tie (maybe the bride's mother's current husband?), and Jim Bob in a pale gray/beige suit but a matching pink tie.

Spoiler

Usher 1: Blue tie (with grandmother of bride?)

412341175_Usher1.JPG.f73706038614c57faf416641e863d1c9.JPG

Ushers 2 and 3: Pink ties (with grandmother of bride?)

1629413220_Ushers2and3.JPG.afd5694f938079fddd743de7c73fea11.JPG

Usher 4/Husband of Mother of Bride?: Solid blue tie (with mother of bride?)

MoB.JPG.fbea4bf716bd71f68035008fc6fde194.JPG

Groom: Blue speckled tie (with Michelle and Jim Bob - pink tie)

MoG.thumb.JPG.65b9c21dcef8913af4f3deaeef4b3e86.JPG

Usher 4/5: Pink tie (with stepmother of bride?)

SMoB.JPG.147becb7ba82a4a83b28a683bdeae5ea.JPG

Edited by metheglyn
pic/spoiler fail - mixed up kids' names
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 27

3 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

That isn’t their first-born with Jeremy?! Holy wow she looks like her sister! 

Oh, no, that's a good point, that has to be Felicity, I just got confused about the names. I'll fix it. That flower girl is way too big to be a seven month old! Whoops!

Edited by metheglyn
Clarified post
  • I Agree 2

It's too late to update my previous post, but based on this pic of Katelyn's mother with her four biological children, I think the bridesmaid in pairing 1 is her half-sister Jamie Reed. It's a different angle, so she looks a bit different, but she's the only one that would make sense.

Still not sure about any of the other "Unknowns" although some of them look vaguely familiar, but not enough to identify them. 

image.png.62c05784b5dfd6f41ac69e31343bc533.png

Also, I finished skimming through the video and found JD, Jill and Derick, and Jennifer and Jordyn, all sitting in the first or second row slightly spread out. Still not sure why Josie was all the way on other side by the musicians, but Jennifer and Jordyn were sitting right behind their parents.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4550b6cfdaafd5109647b1911487032f.png

Edited by metheglyn
Added stuff
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8

The usher is the guy on Instagram who calls Jed his best friend. He leaked some of the wedding details. Tristan something. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Was this the first wedding that JD was left out as a groomsman? And poor Jackson was left out. Hopefully James and Jason will include him when they get married.

And all the Duggar boys must love Austin. He always seems to be included now.

Edited by JDuggs
Added more
  • Upvote 9

7 hours ago, JDuggs said:

Was this the first wedding that JD was left out as a groomsman? And poor Jackson was left out. Hopefully James and Jason will include him when they get married.

And all the Duggar boys must love Austin. He always seems to be included now.

Jed! and Austin are both part of the Freedomist group along with the Reber son. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 6
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

I think Austin is much more compatible with the Duggar men than the other sons in law- Jeremy - show off pseudo intellectual who lives far away, Ben, proper minister, likes education, not into the country lifestyle, Derick- where do I start? 
Plus he has a viable business & is presumably part heir to Fort Rock- the Duggars have a gaggle of unskilled young men who previously relied on JB for employment. 

• Upvote 29

It doesn't surprise me that Austin is a groomsman, going years back in Duggar pics he's with the Howlers. And he's married to Joy, girl-Howler turned Christian-mommy, haha. Other non-Duggs I recognize from the procession screenshots posted above are Katey's half-sister, Peter Query, and Tristan the usher who calls Jed his bestie, and another one of the ushers is the unmarried Wikstrom boy. 

From all the pics, it looks like there were 9 groomsmen (and the same 9 unlike the mixed groups of matchy-matchy girls lol) so I am going to assume that the "bridesmaids" were the ones in the processional. I bet the pregnant bridesmaid who sat during the ceremony and looked ill during the recessional, opted out of photos - and maybe Jordyn stepped in bc she was wearing the same style dress? I can def understand her/Josie/Kynzie being matchy-matchy dressed up, they're all young girls and best friends. I also wonder if Meredith was supposed to be a jr bridesmaid or something (based on her that same dress style) walking with Marcus, but threw flowers bc Felicity clearly wasn't having it xD 

Also, I am impressed by the old man with the big white beard!

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 9

On 7/14/2021 at 10:51 PM, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20210714-194632.thumb.png.2f06c7cb9417c6722c1edc29bc1400e8.png

Just slightly less creepy than this:

Hide contents

0dsp8htjqnq31.thumb.jpg.5a0204f3d39200752ce6ceec0b6322e8.jpg

I don’t think anything could be more creepy than that 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

10 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I don’t think anything could be more creepy than that 

Some of the ages are still a little questionable, but at least in the pic with Jed & Katey and Justin & Claire they're all the same generation (and it doesn't involve Josh OR JB & M ?). Definitely not the worst pairing for that kind of pic they could have, since they're the two most recently married sets of Duggar kids and within a few years of each other (Justin being married is still trippy though). And *so far* no one in that group has had a baby (even if it is possible that Claire's very early pregnant in that pic, though hopefully not yet).

• Upvote 11

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic