IGNORED

PRESIDENT Joe Biden: A Return to Normalcy?

Destiny

He had to either send more troops to support the few left there after 45 took the majority out or leave Afghanistan altogether. None of this would have been a good look. Biden was set up for failure by the previous administration. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 11

Every president in office for the past 20 years has had a hand in this mess, doing very little to make actual efforts in Afghanistan. In my mind, all parties have blame. True, I don't know what intelligence Biden had, but the fact that it looks like (to us American civilians watching on the news) that Biden had ZERO plan in place for ANYTHING looks extraordinarily bad. Now that there are casualties makes it even worse. A tragic example of how both Republicans and Democrats just epically fail again and again. (And yes, I do agree there really was no "winning" for Biden in this scenario but I cannot imagine a worse "plan" than what has unfolded in reality.) 

• Upvote 9

All these reports about Biden acting like a jerk to the families of the fallen Marines, do you think they are true or are they just bullshitting?  One mother really went off on him on some right wing radio show.  Said Biden stole the election yet blamed Democrats who voted for him for her sons death.  Plus she is from Lauren Boebert's district.

• Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Politics be damned Accusing a lashing grieving parent of KIA child of “Bull shitting”is cruel and tacky. 

Sorry if I offend anyone here but I ran out of sympathy for the MAGaT's a long time ago.  Their hero Trump said this about the troops...they knew what they were signing up for.  Trump deserves just as much blame if not more than Biden.

And considering how low the GQP and FOX News has sunk I wouldn't be surprised if they did pay these parents to badmouth Biden and fundraise off this tragedy.

Edited by SPHASH
  • Downvote 1

I watched President Biden's speech yesterday; I appreciate his actions.  He tried the carrot and it didn't work; now he gets out the stick.  He also did everything but call out Abbot, DeSantis, and  Reynolds by name for their backward and deadly Covid policies.

I'm sure there will be plenty of pushback and legal wrangling, but Biden is doing everything he can to get us past this. This is a man who CARES.  He cares about the people who are sick and dying and their families, and the businesses that are suffering.  He cares about his office and feels the weight of his responsibility, he is doing what needs to be done.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

I agree that Biden really cares about the people. Areas around me were hit with a hurricane last week. Biden toured the damage and vowed to help. I don’t think Trump would have done that. Unfortunately Biden was also met with protesters. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 10

I figure that opponents of Biden will have a field day with the new vaccination policies Biden announced. "My freedoms" and all that.

Here's the issue: (I was clearly taught this in first and second grades). My freedoms stop where your freedoms begin.

The application to this is that if you (generic you) are unvaccinated you are almost definitely going to spread the virus you catch to others. To make it worse, the pool of vulnerable people currently includes everyone under age 12.

Vaccination reduces the possibility of transmission drastically. Since there are too many people who aren't going to make the smart decision on their own - somebody has to at least try to protect others. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

It's nice to listen to a speech from an actual leader.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

• 1 month later...

How's that for Infrastructure Week?

The statement:

Tonight, we took a monumental step forward as a nation.

The United States House of Representatives passed the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, a once-in-generation bipartisan infrastructure bill that will create millions of jobs, turn the climate crisis into an opportunity, and put us on a path to win the economic competition for the 21st Century.

It will create good-paying jobs that can’t be outsourced. Jobs that will transform our transportation system with the most significant investments in passenger and freight rail, roads, bridges, ports, airports, and public transit in generations.

This will make it easier for companies to get goods to market more quickly and reduce supply chain bottlenecks now and for decades to come. This will ease inflationary pressures and lower costs for working families.

The bill will create jobs replacing lead water pipes so every family can drink clean water. 

It will make high-speed internet affordable and available everywhere in America.

This bill will make historic and significant strides that take on the climate crisis. It will build out the first-ever national network of electric vehicle charging stations across the country. We will get America off the sidelines on manufacturing solar panels, wind farms, batteries, and electric vehicles to grow these supply chains, reward companies for paying good wages and for sourcing their materials from here in the United States, and allow us to export these products and technologies to the world.

It will also make historic investments in environmental clean-up and remediation, and build up our resilience for the next superstorms, droughts, wildfires, and hurricanes that cost us billions of dollars in damage each year.

I’m also proud that a rule was voted on that will allow for passage of my Build Back Better Act in the House of Representatives the week of November 15th.

The Build Back Better Act will be a once-in-a-generation investment in our people. 

It will lower bills for healthcare, child care, elder care, prescription drugs, and preschool. And middle-class families get a tax cut.

This bill is also fiscally responsible, fully paid for, and doesn’t raise the deficit. It does so by making sure the wealthiest Americans and biggest corporations begin to pay their fair share and doesn’t raise taxes a single cent on anyone making less than $400,000 per year. 

I look forward to signing both of these bills into law. 

Generations from now, people will look back and know this is when America won the economic competition for the 21st Century.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 10

• 2 weeks later...

(Marginally) saner heads seem to have taken over at the USCCB

While some US Catholic bishops continue to denounce President Joe Biden for his support of legal abortion, their conference as a whole is likely to avoid direct criticism of him at its upcoming national meeting.

The highest-profile agenda item is a proposed “teaching document” about the sacrament of Communion. Months of work on the document, by the conference’s Committee on Doctrine, coincided with sometimes heated debate among the bishops as to whether Biden and other Catholic politicians who support abortion rights are unworthy of receiving Communion.

A draft of the document circulating ahead of the Nov. 15-18 meeting in Baltimore breaks little new ground, though its language could be toughened during the gathering. The draft mentions abortion only once and doesn’t name Biden or other politicians, though it says at one point, “Lay people who exercise some form of public authority have a special responsibility to embody Church teaching.”

A member of the doctrine committee, Bishop Michael Olson of Fort Worth, Texas, said he and his colleagues decided that the document should avoid any trace of partisan politics.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

Just learned the President did this

A presidential commission studying ideas to change the U.S. Supreme Court indicated continued interest in term limits in revised discussion materials released Thursday.

The Presidential Commission on the Supreme Court of the United States released the materials for use in a meeting Friday, report the New York Times and Reuters.

President Joe Biden had created the commission in April to analyze proposals to reform the high court.

According to one of the documents, the term-limits proposal has “considerable, bipartisan support.” The idea most often proposed is to create staggered 18-year terms for the justices, which would be timed to open up a seat every two years.

Of course the people who brought us Justice Handmaiden and Justice Beer Bong Weenie Waver are all bent out of shape about this and any other ideas to reform the court.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

Faux and the GQP will have a meltdown that Biden's Build Back Better is helping under-served minority communities:

image.png.a01d8ebcb657387877f915c2fb5b8275.png

• Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...

Governor Beshear has requested assistance from POTUS for the tornadoes that struck last night.

I'm glad that we have an actual President who will do everything in his power to help Kentucky, same as he would any other state, and not an orange fuck nut who would probably fuck around and say that Gov. Beshear, Mitch McFuckstick, et al weren't sufficiently loyal. 

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 4

It's bad in Kentucky.  There's potentially 70-100+ dead in just 1 factory.  A nursing home was hit too.  The town of Mayfield has been leveled.  Bowling Green got hit hard too.  The pictures are just heartbreaking.

• Sad 8
  • I Agree 2

According to Gov. Beshear, there is an 8 page single spaced list of people unaccounted for in western Kentucky.  Words don't exist to describe that.

• Sad 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic