IGNORED

PRESIDENT Joe Biden: A Return to Normalcy?

Destiny

The bromance is still going strong. And what a wonderful message they have!

• Upvote 10

Time for a game of find the differences.

image.thumb.png.7baa5b580c32edf90bf7eb8c6b26e987.png

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Time for a game of find the differences.

image.thumb.png.7baa5b580c32edf90bf7eb8c6b26e987.png

The body language of both in the second picture is amazing. Leaning away from Trump with a look of frustration while Trump looks like a petulant toddler... I am now curious what was being discussed.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

The body language of both in the second picture is amazing. Leaning away from Trump with a look of frustration while Trump looks like a petulant toddler... I am now curious what was being discussed.

I'll play.

"Dude, what's that terrible smell? Did you crap in your pants or something?"

"That your real color and hairstyle. Uh uh, right. That color doesn't exist in nature and dude I can see your scalp!"

"Yes I see the hands you're talking about and I know you don't believe me but I actually have seen bigger hands. My 10-year-old son has bigger hands than you do!"

"No the media is not out to get you. When you say such crazy things you bring everything on yourself. I don't believe you won the 2016 election by 20 million votes!"

"Wait a minute so you're just telling me you can hook me up with Jeffrey Epstein or some of Putin's honeys? No thanks I don't like a golden shower. Who does that?"

• Haha 11

On 6/13/2021 at 8:17 AM, fraurosena said:

The bromance is still going strong. And what a wonderful message they have!

I recently kept getting notices to re-do my marketplace application for insurance, and I was putting it off because nothing was going to change on my numbers. But I did it anyway, and apparently they've made major changes to the subsidy or something because I ended up keeping the same plan, but my payment (from me) went from $104 a month to $0! 

So if anyone reads this and is on a marketplace plan, go re-do your application!

On another note - I got a bill from the insurance saying I owed -$104. I'm not sure what to even do about that.

13 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

"Dude, what's that terrible smell? Did you crap in your pants or something?"

Yeah I was going to go with "Dude, time to change your Depends!"

• Upvote 10

A group of English Catholics got a pleasant surprise 

Churchgoers in a seaside resort in England say they have been left “gobsmacked” when U.S. President Joe Biden and the first lady Jill Biden dropped in for a Sunday service.

The Bidens are in Cornwall, southwest England, where the U.S. president is attending a Group of Seven wealthy democracies summit.

On Sunday morning, ahead of the summit’s conclusion, they were seen attending mass at the Sacred Heart Catholic Church in St. Ives.

“I think gobsmacked is probably a very true word,” said Annie Fitzpatrick, 58. “It’s quite amazing, we went into the church and they took some details from us and I thought this is a bit unusual.

He didn’t draw attention to himself or try to upstage anyone but prayed as everyone else did. Unlike the golden shower fornicate who would have made the event all about him. 

• Upvote 12

Yes, it's faked, but it made me laugh:

• Haha 4
  • Love 7

Biden and Putin had their first live meeting today in Geneva. They say pictures say more than words. This is Putin at a press conference after the event. Note the lack of that satisfied smirk on his face, that he did have after his meeting with Trump.

image.thumb.png.44c869032682f8985b777a9258a7a85b.png

My translation of the Dutch article reporting what he said:

Putin after 'constructive' talks with Biden: agreement on return ambassadors

During the meeting between Russian president Putin and American president Biden, it was agreed that the ambassadors of both countries will return to their posts, according to Russian president Putin. The world leaders also spoke about cyberattacks and the situation in Ukraine, Putin said at a press conference after the meeting.

According to the Russian president it isn't clear yet exactly when the ambassadors will return. The highest diplomats both left their posts because of the worsening relationship between the countries.

Putin reported there was no animosity between him and Biden. He described the talks as constructive and said both leaders wish to come to mutual understanding of each other.

Cyberattacks

At the press conference in Geneva, Putin denied that Russia was responsible for cyberattacks on American targets. According to Putin these attacks come from within the US itself, and Russia has no part in them. Both countries have agreed to discuss cybersecurity.

Concerning Ukraine, Putin said that he and Biden agree that the Minsk-agreement from 2015 should be the basis to relax tensions in the region. In Minsk, Russia and the US agreed that both camps would withdraw their troops from the frontlines and that illegal groups should be disarmed.

Putin also said that Russia and the US will discuss modifications of the 'New Start' accords on the decrease of nuclear weapons. In February, just a few weeks after Biden's inauguration, both countries extended the accords with five years.

Biden will hold his own press conference on his talks with Putin later today.

First meeting

The meeting in Switzerland, in a villa on the Lake of Geneva, lasted three to four hours. Beforehand, it was expected that the talks would last four to five hours, so they were a little shorter than expected. These were the first talks between Putin and Biden since Biden is in the White House.

Oh, here's Biden talking to the press.

(thread, of course)

• Thank You 8

Yeah Putin looked so dejected that his personal fluffer is no longer President and he has to deal with a strong American President.

• Upvote 10

The Vatican has no problems with Callista Gingrich's Vatican Ambassador appointment, and then, a year ago, awarded her  "the  Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Pius IX by Pope Francis, the highest distinction conferred by the Holy See on laypersons, in recognition of her contributions to the Church and society. 

This noxious twunt had an affair with Newt for six years while he was married to his 2nd wife, which was not disqualifying for either of them. 

But Biden, a truly devout Catholic, can't receive communion?  SRSLY, Vatican?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

5 hours ago, Howl said:

The Vatican has no problems with Callista Gingrich's Vatican Ambassador appointment, and then, a year ago, awarded her  "the  Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Pius IX by Pope Francis, the highest distinction conferred by the Holy See on laypersons, in recognition of her contributions to the Church and society. 

This noxious twunt had an affair with Newt for six years while he was married to his 2nd wife, which was not disqualifying for either of them. 

But Biden, a truly devout Catholic, can't receive communion?  SRSLY, Vatican?

This is one of the reasons why, to me as an atheist, organized religion is so (ob)noxious.

Mind you, I have nothing against people having faith (you do you), but organizations such as the catholic church and IBLP are actually political entities that use religion to control people and justify their toxic acts.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

This is one of the reasons why, to me as an atheist, organized religion is so (ob)noxious.

Mind you, I have nothing against people having faith (you do you), but organizations such as the catholic church and IBLP are actually political entities that use religion to control people and justify their toxic acts.

One of the big reasons I swam the Thames nine years ago was because the USCCB and a good percentage of the clergy were determined to change the church into a branch of the GQP.  Big reason I stayed as long as I did was because the parish I went to was great and the priest there wasn't a hard core right winger but a nice old German guy who genuinely cared about all his parishioners.  I had decided I think as early as 2008 or 2009 that if I had to move out of town for work I would then switch denominations but by 2012 was just disillusioned enough to make the move.

I don't regret making the move either.  It's so much better having clergy and Bishops who aren't trying to twist themselves into pretzels trying to excuse the GQP and the former guy and in fact try to keep their own political belief on the down-low.  We have some fairly conservative members of our own church but we manage to get along because the expectation is that the politics get left at the fornicating door. 

• Upvote 7

Isn't the tag taxthechurch? Tax all of them. Looking at you too Joel Osteen and fake missionaries like JRod.

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

One of the big reasons I swam the Thames nine years ago

It took me a minute to realize that this is a euphemism I'm not familiar with.  At first I was thinking, awesome, hard core swimmer! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Oh no! ?

• Sad 9
  • Love 11

Yeah I was just coming here too because I heard about the loss of Champ.  I'm sorry for their loss.  It's never easy when the furry family members leave. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I was coming to post as well.  It is so hard when a beloved pet crosses the Rainbow Bridge. ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Champ has been reunited with his buddy Bo Obama, who is showing him around.  ?

• Upvote 2
  • Love 13

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic