IGNORED

PRESIDENT Joe Biden: A Return to Normalcy?

Destiny

5 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Champ has been reunited with his buddy Bo Obama, who is showing him around.  ?

This brought tears to my eyes 

• I Agree 3
  • Love 11

A priest has spoken up about Branch Trumpvidian Bishops weaponizing communion

Every time I place Communion in someone's hand or tongue, it is an act of faith -- on my part and on that of the communicant. I say the words, "the body of Christ," to which the response is "Amen," meaning "it is true" or "let it be so" -- not always said with certainty but, often, with hope.

This revered sacrament of Communion is meant to signify what the word means: with oneness, with unity. The contentious debate of this week's American Catholic bishops' meeting threatens to have this sacrament become a symbol of division and a political and religious weapon. I wonder what the Jesus who prayed, "Father, may they all be one," would think.

The division among the American bishops became readily apparent soon after the election of President Joe Biden, when the bishops' conference formed a working group to deal with Biden's public stance favoring abortion rights, which collides with the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church.

On Inauguration Day, the US Bishops' Conference president, Archbishop Jose Gomez, of Los Angeles, issued a statement that warned: "Our new President has pledged to pursue certain policies that would advance moral evils." Some of his fellow bishops decried the statement as a "weaponization of the Eucharist" for political purposes.

• Sad 1
  • Thank You 9

Reich wing American Catholics have bowed down to Pope Fuck Face

One can only imagine the frustration of that great and good man Pope Francis, as he views what his roughshod renegades in the American Catholic right have now wrought.

We all know what will happen if Roe V Wade is overturned. The indigent women, mostly minorities, will resort to coat hangers, purging drugs, or self-injury in an attempt to prevent having the child of a rapist, say or a depraved father or other family member or some other criminal malefactor.

The bishops will not care a tinker’s dam about such backstreet abortions or inevitable deaths that will occur. They will be wiggling their virginal willies in delight that might is right and they have done their duty for the real pope, Donald the 1st.

They will ignore any and every abuse on the other side such as allowing 15,000 murders a year because of blocking sensible gun control legislation, they will ignore the sexual adventures of the former president, they will ignore the racist assaults on voting rights that passes for right-wing politics in this country, they will ignore criminal efforts to overthrow the legally elected (Supreme Court 9-0) president of the United States.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Such a difference from TFG:

• Upvote 13

This is what having an actual feeling human being as POTUS sounds like:

• Upvote 7
  • Love 7

I like a president with subtle humor.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for the wailing and gnashing of teeth from fuck knob and his groupies.

President Biden called attacks on voting rights "the most significant test" of American democracy since its Civil War in the 1860s.

"We are facing the most significant test of our democracy since the Civil War. That's not hyperbole — since the Civil War," Biden said while speaking in Philadelphia.

He continued: "The Confederates back then never breached the Capitol as insurrectionists did on Jan. 6. I'm not saying this to alarm you. I'm saying this because you should be alarmed."

• Upvote 13

I just wanted to share this photo.  The signs when one enters DE have been updated.  I smile to think of much this pisses off the magamorons. 

Spoiler

1F328763-79F6-4C5A-8260-80EFE0106CA5.jpeg

• Upvote 11
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

I just wanted to share this photo.  The signs when one enters DE have been updated.  I smile to think of much this pisses off the magamorons. 

Excellent!  Nashville is building a new federal courthouse.  I was happy to see that the sign next to the courthouse has been changed from you know who to Biden.  I’ll have to see if the permanent plaque says the same.  

• Upvote 9

Sometimes it's justified to toot your own horn.

• Upvote 11

LOL, TFG will have a hissy fit if he sees this:

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

14 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

That’s a classic!  (Note: Tom Brady and the 40% comment, lol.) 

• Upvote 9

9 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

• Upvote 6

• WTF 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 11

I get the impression that the Dems are — finally! — fed up with the GQP…

Edited by fraurosena
Better link
  • Upvote 10

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I get the impression that the Dems are — finally! — fed up with the GQP…

Game. Set. Match.  Tournament.  Entire season. 

Also I just saw this bit of good news. 

President Biden and the Democratic-controlled Senate have installed more federal judges during the first six months of his presidency than any administration since Richard Nixon's.

Why it matters: While Democrats may spend more time talking publicly about vaccines and infrastructure, the rapid pace of both nominations and confirmations shows judges are one of the party's most urgent priorities. President Trump pushed through his own slate of judges to boost conservatives for decades.

By the numbers: Biden has had eight federal judges confirmed since taking office on Jan. 20.

I hope this makes Mitch McFuckstick fume.

Now if we can Beer Bong Weenie Waver to  resign….

• Upvote 15

Just for context, they are applauding because he can hold a water glass with one hand, as opposed to a water bottle with two hands, right? ?

edit: AND drink from it! what a stable genius!

Edited by SeekingAdventure
forgot to mention
  • Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling Faux/OAN/Newsmax will still whine, since Biden has a D after his name.

image.png.b13e16f96e3d0d077a4dd082aaa1ac45.png

I have always thought Obama pulled off the tan suit better than anyone else.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Next thing you know, he’ll be asking for Dijon mustard on his hamburger.

• Haha 12

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic