IGNORED

PRESIDENT Joe Biden: A Return to Normalcy?

Destiny

Of course the GQP is whining that Biden is spending weekends at his own home. I guess they'd be happier if he was traveling to resorts weekly where he could grift insane amounts of money. Wait, no, they would blame him for that too.

image.png.b1d82493d4bf660ec97cdc3b99a9d3e5.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 5

On 6/19/2022 at 3:12 AM, Shrubbery said:

Not to mention that ability to cycle =/= ability to govern. FDR would’ve probably had trouble with the bike.

and that’s not even mentioning how the Orange One couldn’t tell one end of a bike from another.

btw, anyone else reminded of how CJ hat to explain President Bartlet‘s mishap with the bike in the first episode of The West Wing? 😂

And if he tried to get on one, it would break in two. 

• Upvote 4

I just saw a clip of the Orange One as shown by Trevor Noah (love him!), apparently the Orange One has made a sacred vow to his minions never to get on a bicycle.

Or it might have been a very good impersonator, it’s getting so difficult to tell if it’s parody or Fuckface himself.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Can you imagine TFG doing this? Of course not, he'd expect these survivors to genuflect to him.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

President Biden has tested positive for Covid. He's feeling OK, no fever, slight sniffles, and overdone news coverage. 😁

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

President Biden has tested positive for Covid. He's feeling OK, no fever, slight sniffles, and overdone news coverage. 😁

He's isolating - trying to keep others safe like a decent human being.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

As someone who is on day 6 of Covid and having intense flu symptoms, I’m glad he seems significantly better than what I’m feeling. I’m only once boosted, but much younger. And I’d rather feel this way than have him feeling this way! 

• Upvote 10

On 7/21/2022 at 5:19 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.07a6c4de81ff883018d0f90986f8fc92.png

Yeah the President is continuing to work even though he's under the weather

Biden tested positive for Covid-19 on Thursday morning, becoming the second US president to contract the virus during the two-and-a-half year pandemic. He continues to recover and work in isolation within the residence of the White House.

On Friday afternoon, Biden appeared virtually at a meeting with his economic team on gas prices, telling his team that he's feeling better than he sounds.

"Let me start by apologizing for my voice, I'm feeling much better than I sound," Biden said at the top of his remarks before moving on to the topic of gas prices. The President exhibited a deep voice in the video and was heard coughing while his advisers briefed. He also had a pack of cough drops on his desk, which he reached into after coughing.

Reporters, who were in the White House's South Court Auditorium with the rest of the economic team in the meeting, asked Biden how he was feeling, to which he replied with a smile and a thumbs up.

I doubt the orange fuck knob would keep working as hard as the President is now.  People complaining about the President's health can go fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned.  I'm really over it. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

50 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I doubt the orange fuck knob would keep working as hard as the President is now. 

Keep working? Trump never worked a single day of his presiduncy…

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Keep working? Trump never worked a single day of his presiduncy…

Good point. Only time he wanted to put forth any effort was to do his klan rallies 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

Looks like the President is well on his way to recovery

President Joe Biden ended his COVID-19 isolation on Wednesday, telling Americans they can “live without fear” of the pandemic if they take advantage of booster shots and treatments, the protections he credited with his swift recovery.

“You don’t need to be president to get these tools to be used for your defense,” he said in the Rose Garden. “In fact, the same booster shots, the same at-home test, the same treatment that I got is available to you.”

The pandemic has killed more than 1 million people in the U.S. and it continues to disrupt daily life more than two years after it began. But Biden emphasized that people are far less likely to die from the disease despite a wave of new infections caused by a contagious variant known as BA.5, which is believed to have sickened the president as well.

By all accounts, Biden had a mild bout with the virus. O’Connor consistently wrote in his updates that Biden’s vital signs remained strong, and his temperature only became briefly elevated. He suffered from a runny nose, cough, sore throat and some body aches.

Of course President Biden handled it much better than what that orange fuck face did when he got COVID.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

The President tested positive again

President Joe Biden tested positive for COVID-19 again Saturday, slightly more than three days after he was cleared to exit coronavirus isolation, the White House said, in a rare case of “rebound” following treatment with an anti-viral drug.

White House physician Dr. Kevin O’Connor said in a letter that Biden “has experienced no reemergence of symptoms, and continues to feel quite well.” O’Connor said “there is no reason to reinitiate treatment at this time.”

In accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines, Biden will reenter isolation for at least five days. He will isolate at the White House until he tests negative. The agency says most rebound cases remain mild and that severe disease during that period has not been reported.

Word of Biden’s positive test came — he had been negative Friday morning — just two hours after the White House announced a presidential visit to Michigan this coming Tuesday to highlight the passage of a bill to promote domestic high-tech manufacturing. Biden had also been scheduled to visit his home in Wilmington, Delaware, on Sunday morning, where first lady Jill Biden has been staying while the president was positive. Both trips have been canceled as Biden has returned to isolation.

Awaiting the whining from the Branch Trumpvidians again. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Buden administration continues to work while 45 accepts blood money.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/biden-counter-terrorism-remarks-08-01-22/index.html

JUST IN: President Biden announced the US successfully targeted al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri in a drone strike in Afghanistan.

Zawahiri had remained a visible international symbol of the group, 11 years after the US killed Osama Bin Laden. At one point, he acted as bin Laden's personal physician.

• Upvote 4

Donnie this is what a real president looks like when there's a disaster. I didn't see a paper towel roll being thrown anywhere in this video.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Of course now the reich wingers are whining because the President had to deal with a stubborn jacket. 

Joe Biden endured an awkward moment caught on video as he struggled to put on his jacket and ended up dropping his signature aviator sunglasses while stepping off of his Marine One helicopter.

First lady Jill Biden had to step in and help her husband get hold of the jacket’s sleeve which was blowing away in the wind caused by the chopper’s blades.

Never mind that orange fuck had to drink water with two hands and was too lazy to walk a few hundred feet.  The President had trouble someone half his age may have and now branch trumpvidian butt wipes are mocking him. Give me a fucking break.  My grandpa was still mentally sharp at 79 and he’d need help too with putting on his jacket at that age but it didn’t stop him from working. 

• Upvote 7

Pearl clutching because the Bidens vacation together:

image.png.0131b57ccb1a57aea3c96dd70a532a2a.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 1

There are some great points in this op-ed: "The week that was: Trump screams. Biden governs."

Among the many criticisms President Biden has had to grapple with, this one may be the most frustrating to him: Here he has been president for nearly two years, and Donald Trump remains the dominant figure in our public life.

You can only imagine the frustration in Bidenworld over the past week. As the president — the actual one — set about celebrating his extraordinary legislative successes of recent weeks, Trump was everywhere.

The surest sign that the FBI’s search of Mar-a-Lago was not part of some fiendish political plan? The last thing the White House wanted was an event that would relegate Biden’s victories — on climate, health care, tech policy, prescription drug prices, taxes and major new assistance for veterans — to second or third place in the news cycle.

If Attorney General Merrick Garland had been operating in Biden’s immediate partisan interests, he would surely have delayed the quest to bring top secret documents back under government control by a week or two.

Yet maybe, just maybe, the stark contrast between the two men we have just witnessed — in who they are, in their priorities, in the way they behave — will be a reset moment.

Whatever else they were doing, the voters who put Biden into the presidency in 2020 were seeking something closer to a functional, normal democracy. This was the opposite of what we had when Trump rampaged around the White House, obsessed only with himself, his image and the attention-grabbing havoc he could wreak.

That normality means Biden does not grab the headlines, particularly on cable news and social media, the way Trump still can. No one who runs for president lacks ego, but Biden is a fundamentally decent man who has spent his life thinking about what legislation he could pass, which problems he might start solving, and how he could tilt the economic playing field a bit more toward the kinds of people he grew up with in Scranton, Pa., and Delaware.

And this is the month Biden finally came into his own.

There should be no pretending that the legislative achievements that just surged through Congress matched the highest hopes the president aroused a year ago when all the talk (I was part of it) was of another New Deal. But the accomplishments were solid and important, particularly the giant step toward dealing with the climate crisis.

Only history and future elections can decide the matter, but Biden may go down as achieving something like Ronald Reagan did, but in reverse. His time in office is altering the nation’s assumptions about government and its role in our economic life.

This process began long before his election, after the financial collapse of 2008 underscored the limits of deregulation. But the two major bipartisan bills Biden signed — for infrastructure and for investments in semiconductors, science and technology — brought home how even many Republicans now acknowledge that large-scale federal investments are required to make a market economy work and that government can push it in useful directions.

Biden didn’t do this alone, and the past month was also when Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) came into his own as a negotiator, facilitator and dealmaker. And House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), presiding over one of the narrowest partisan majorities in history, showed yet again why she is the most consequential House leader of the modern era.

Notice something here: Whether you support everything Biden, Schumer and Pelosi did or not, it was all about workaday government as we understood it before Trump brought his destructive psychosis to the center of our politics.

If there were dramas, they were about substantive disagreements between center and left over what should be in a bill, how fast change should happen, which problems took priority. It was a debate over what democratic government should be doing for citizens, not a spectacle orchestrated by one terribly needy man.

Predictions about Trump’s future are risky, and mine have never been particularly good. But at the risk of wishful thinking, what we have just gone through might finally give pause to Republicans — not the extremist politicians who embrace Trump’s authoritarianism, but the rest. You sense that at least some of them realize they leaped way too fast to denounce Garland and the FBI before understanding that the search in Mar-a-Lago was motivated by amply justified fears for our nation’s security.

Joe Biden will never seize the public stage the way Trump does. He will never galvanize mobs, inspire frenzied loyalty — or encourage his supporters to embrace and defend lies. That happens to be why Biden was elected. At the end of a consequential week, those who voted for him can feel pretty good about themselves.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

I agree. Joe and the rest off the Dems need to hammer this home over and over before the midterms.

• Upvote 9

• 2 weeks later...

I like seeing Biden stand up to the idiots:

He's so right here.

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic