IGNORED

Botkin 2: Geoff Tried to Advise Trump

Coconut Flan

Wow. She is definitely not stay-at-home-daughter material. I wonder if she’s going to move onto the compound and go to CTK church after they’re married. That might be even harder for her than it was for poor Audri. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

If she bought her own house last year, I bet he will move into the HER house. The nerve of this girl owning a home by herself!!!

This is exactly why I always want these people to have boys at every lame gender reveal. Because boys have way more freedom. Ben and Audri moved away and are leading their own separate lives. And now Luke is marrying a home owning, jeans wearing, dark lipstick sporting hussy. 

And what are the 30 something years old Botkin sisters doing? Probably fighting over who gets to shave daddy’s face. 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 2
  • Love 6

This is quite fascinating!  As my best friend says, "More will be revealed!"  

My personal fantasy: Kara gets knocked up on honeymoon, goes back to work in six weeks, and Lucas stays home as house husband. 

Also, Scene: 

Geoff: "I'll bloviate at length during ceremony!"

Kara, writing to Jesus-centric wedding-advice columnist: "My future FiL is a bloviating wing nut patriarch who wants to dominate our wedding.  How do I shut this shit down STAT?"

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And what are the 30 something years old Botkin sisters doing? Probably fighting over who gets to shave daddy’s face. 

After all these years they've sorted out weekly mani-pedi duty. Anna Sofia does manicure and  Elizabeth "gets" to pedicure. In the mornings, each shaves one side of his face. 

It's beyond horrible to contemplate that this could actually be a thing. 

• Upvote 13
  • Disgust 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

9 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Well, it seems the dog is hers:

1748338401_Screenshot_2021-01-18TheDavidFountainTeamofSynergyRealtyNetwork.jpg.e16a3cc7a7f025864fc6d90e61ab2633.jpg

It also looks like she may have an actual education and career?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kathryn-kara-dabbs-954893114

And, more predictably, a love of scripture that points people to Jesus...

1307513602_Screenshot_2021-01-18TheMaids.thumb.png.8cb45a252c9eb1e3b6252530622651d3.png

She's a breeder , actually . Like , literally .   https://marketplace.akc.org/breeder/kara-dabbs-0025/doberman-pinscher/coming-soon 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Columbia said:

She is definitely not stay-at-home-daughter material. I wonder if she’s going to move onto the compound and go to CTK church after they’re married. That might be even harder for her than it was for poor Audri. 

Yes, she's an actual STEM graduate (chemical engineering) with a work history of real jobs.

Lucas appears to provide a major source of income for the family now with the T-Rex Arms business so it's highly unlikely the newly married couple could or would distance themselves. Maybe she'll bring her professional skills to the biz ("Plastics!")

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Yes, she's an actual STEM graduate (chemical engineering) with a work history of real jobs.

Damn.  In my very limited knowledge, Chem E is an extremely demanding degree and I'll bet she brings in the very big bucks.  This could get interesting. 

Which brother actually started T Rex Arms?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

21 hours ago, Howl said:

Ermagerd! Shameless hussy alert! 

Speaking of shameless hussies, have you seen Faith Phillips Instagram page lately? Two words: Leather. Miniskirt. (Worn under the "retro fun!" cover, of course.)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

20 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Speaking of shameless hussies, have you seen Faith Phillips Instagram page lately? Two words: Leather. Miniskirt. (Worn under the "retro fun!" cover, of course.)

Admission:

I love her clothes. She looks fab in everything. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know this is the wrong thread, but this is exactly why Tim Rod’s comment about his sister massaging his feet seems so wrong. The whole shaving daddy’s face (along with so many other things) is so f’ing inappropriate. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

The wedding is a long way off by fundie standards and she seems too independent for Lucas, i. e. buying her own house with presumbly her own money. It wouldn't surprise me if this doesn't last. 

I really want the sisters' reaction. 

Y'all are joking about the face shaving right?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Nope. See this blog post for details & photos:

Shaving Daddy_Vision Forum.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 4
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Damn.  In my very limited knowledge, Chem E is an extremely demanding degree

And, I would imagine, challenging for a woman in the workplace, like I’ve heard from other engineers. Does she know that she’s getting into a family that’s super big on submission?

Years ago, the older three Botkin brothers put out a CD called “What Our Father Taught us About Girls,” and the very first thing that they mentioned was that women were made to help men. Not that they’re made in the image of God, which is where it should have started, but that they’re here to help men. I wonder what a woman who has pushed herself through a very challenging course load, and who probably has to compete with men in her workplace thinks about that. 

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

33 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Well...yes.  But the whole Botkin SAHD, serving their father, no.  They've been accused of being the poster daughters for emotional incest. 

However, I'm starting to wonder if the Botkinetti are so arrogant that they think literally no man is good enough, while their brothers find suitable (and accomplished) mates. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

it's interesting to me that people have different ideas of how literal the shaving thing is. 

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

However, I'm starting to wonder if the Botkinetti are so arrogant that they think literally no man is good enough, while their brothers find suitable (and accomplished) mates. 

This sounds about right to me. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

it's interesting to me that people have different ideas of how literal the shaving thing is. 

The daddy-face-shaving really was a thing (see above).

AFAIK, there were no photos of the Botkinettes shaving or dressing Geoff at one of these VF events, possibly because they were already too old for most of the daddy-daughter activities. In fact, IIRC, they were hired to help run them at least once or twice.

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'm starting to wonder if the Botkinetti are so arrogant that they think literally no man is good enough, while their brothers find suitable (and accomplished) mates. 

Honestly, if they are still expected to marry patriarses like their father, I can see that remaining single looks better to them, even if they're stuck at the parental home for the foreseeable future. Better the devil you know, and all that.

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 1/18/2021 at 3:16 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The wedding is a long way off by fundie standards and she seems too independent for Lucas, i. e. buying her own house with presumbly her own money. It wouldn't surprise me if this doesn't last. 

I really want the sisters' reaction. 

Sorry but that's a thing. At the Vision Forum daddy daughter retreat thingy they had young girls shaving daddy to learn to serve him. They also had this weirdo version of blind man's bluff where the child is blind folded and directed by daddy through the course. To learn to listen to daddy and trust him. Doug the midget was a true psycoPATH. literally Charles Mason level batshit crazy. 

On 1/18/2021 at 3:16 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 3
  • I Agree 1

On 1/18/2021 at 3:18 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

If ladies wearing pants is bad, I wonder what the Botkin sisters think of their brother's girlfriend. I remember reading the Botkin sisters and they were angry that girls would dare to approach their brothers and talk to them when clearly said girls weren't good enough.  Actually I went looking for proof and found it here.

Are the Botkins also against dyed hair?  

Thanks for the link to that old thread! Much gold there. My goodness.

In that thread, there was some disagreement about the Botkins' ages. Out of curiosity, I googled for their current ages, and instead found this hilarious bio on Amazon from So Much More: "Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin, ages nineteen and seventeen, respectively, have observed the decline of Western civilization in both the United States and the British Commonwealth."

The pomposity!!

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 16

One thing that has not been exaggerated was the extent to which daughters were encouraged to serve their fathers' every need in every way except sexual.  

His interests were to be her interests, he (actually, his ego) was to be pampered and served in every way, which was preparation to being a doormat of a wife when the daughter married a carefully curated, pre-selected patriarsal headship. 

Gotta take a break here, Gaga is singing at the inaugural. 

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 4

3 hours ago, Howl said:

One thing that has not been exaggerated was the extent to which daughters were encouraged to serve their fathers' every need in every way except sexual. 

Voddie did get super uncomfortably close to that, though.  From Homeschoolers Anonymous:

“A lot of men are leaving their wives for younger women because they yearn for attention from younger women. And God gave them a daughter who can give them that. And instead they go find a substitute daughter….you’ve seen it, we’ve all seen it. These old guys going and finding these substitute daughters.”

Edited by forgetmenow
  • Upvote 3
  • Disgust 13
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 1

Wow, the google-fu is strong!  I picked the wrong time to not pop in for a few days.  It'll be interesting to see if/how this shakes things up in Botkinland.  I wonder whether we'll ever hear anything from the sisters about the new in-law.  Though that's still a long way off.

• I Agree 2

On 1/18/2021 at 1:36 PM, Marmion said:

She's a breeder , actually . Like , literally .   https://marketplace.akc.org/breeder/kara-dabbs-0025/doberman-pinscher/coming-soon 

Nice find!!

On 1/18/2021 at 2:00 PM, Howl said:

Damn.  In my very limited knowledge, Chem E is an extremely demanding degree and I'll bet she brings in the very big bucks.  This could get interesting. 

Which brother actually started T Rex Arms?

That was Lucas, at least according to their official origin story.

On 1/18/2021 at 2:20 PM, DomWackTroll said:

OMG, yes. The Phillips ladies have been going steadily more and more mainstream in their fashion for at least 3 or 4 years now, obvs, but I still flipped when I saw that.

Don't get me wrong, I thought she looked great (like @JermajestyDuggar I legitimately love many of her outfits) but it wasn't so long ago that I seriously thought the only way we'd ever see a princess of Vision Forum dressed like that was if she fled in the night and underwent cult deprogramming.

• Upvote 8

I’m still chuckling over the idea of a King Blowhard thinking that he could become a valued advisor to Emperor Blowhard.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Hane said:

I’m still chuckling over the idea of a King Blowhard thinking that he could become a valued advisor to Emperor Blowhard.

They both need to attend locals chapter of Bloviator's Anonymous.  Of course, they'd immediately co-opt those chapters to emphasize techniques to hold an audience's attention while bloviating louder and longer. 

I'm always amazed at how authoritarians give speeches that go on for HOURS. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic