IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 4: Working for Netflix

Coconut Flan

I like James Corden in his appearances on "the Big Fat Quiz" but I can't warm up to him as a host.  I don't know why.

I know, apropos of nothing, just weird as I want to like him and I just can't.  

• Upvote 3

I can't understand why they agreed to an interview with Oprah. I thought they said they didn't want press attention or is it only when they can't control the narrative? I don't get why they are doing it. Hurt other? Paint themselves as all wonderful? They should try to just live quietly and do your service quietly but that won't happen.

These are the questions in my head when avoiding work and after having read the article below. If they are hoping this interview will endear themselves I have a feeling it will backfire plus Oprah is  friend she's not going to be impartial. 

https://people.com/royals/meghan-markle-saddened-attack-on-character-amid-bullying-allegations-palace-staffers/

• Upvote 3

Why? They need to hustle to make enough money to support their lifestyle now and they (probably Meghan really) crave attention and praise plus Gotta get those acting rolls Ya know. Harry has all sorts of issues and beefs as well. So Emoting wide eyed to Oprah about how terrible! They had it! Big mean British! Covers all of that. 

• Eyeroll 4

4 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

They should try to just live quietly and do your service quietly but that won't happen.

Why?  I'm not being snarky, genuinely curious as to why they should live quietly.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

Because they said they wanted privacy and to raise Archie “normally” but All drama they have created since they wed , attention they court by interviews, endless law suits and hiring photogs to follow them around is the opposite of that. The contradictions and foolishness in what they say... “The Royals are like the family I never had! Oh wait, I never fit and they were not supportive enough!”

“It’s ya’ll fault you got Corona and you deserve it for being mean to another Earth and can’t we please all be Raindrops, M’kay?”

It’s all tiresome and fake seeming  by now  and if they laid low for awhile and possibly became more focused on future goals, being professional ETC it would be much appreciated Please and thank you ? 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Majority of celebrities raise their children privately and as normally as possible, but still have careers. I'm not sure why people consider it wrong when it's Harry and Meghan doing it. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

Just now, viii said:

Majority of celebrities raise their children privately and as normally as possible, but still have careers. I'm not sure why people consider it wrong when it's Harry and Meghan doing it. 

Tbh that's what I find kinda fascinating about this.  I don't get the American loyalty to the BRF to the extent it creates online rage over everything they do, or don't do.

• Upvote 12

@HerNameIsBuffy I think a good portion of it has to do with racism, whether people realize it or not. Meghan has received a lot more flack than anyone else in the royal family (lately, I'm not saying of all time) and I think it would be naïve to assume that none of it has to do with race. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 2

It’s not when they do it’s how. 

And I don’t get people here endlessly fan girling and defending  a flakey nonsense spouting runaway prince and his B list starlet wife with a string of broken relations and controversy behind her... for God sakes, why?  

I mean At least Liz and Charles have done many many things genuinely worth people being fans.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

It’s not when they do it’s how. 

And I don’t get people here endlessly fan girling and defending  a flakey nonsense spouting runaway prince and his B list starlet wife with a string of broken relations and controversy behind her... for God sakes, why?  

I mean At least Liz and Charles have done many many things genuinely worth people being fans.

You think everything short of vilifying their every move is fangirling.  It's not - I don't like or dislike either of them personally...I just find the reaction to them on FJ of all places to be super weird so like a car crash I keep gawking on this thread.

I think you have "defending" them confused with people pointing out that they have the right to live as they choose without getting the okay from the BRF or people like yourself.

Fangirling is how you speak about Charles.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

@tabitha2 I don't think there is any member here who has defended their every move. I think majority of posters have praised and criticized them equally. The only person that is so rabidly one sided is... well, you. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6

Saying Charles has done incredible things for British youth, was an environmentalist before that was even a word and has reinvented the Role of Prince of Wales is fact not fangirling :) 

Edited by tabitha2
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Eyeroll 2

11 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Sure.  I, for one, will forever remember his public longing to be a tampon.  Funny how you seem surprised someone like him could have a "nonsense spouting" son.  ?

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 10

Ah. Yes. The ancient chestnut people who are determined to hate Charles bring up when they can’t really deny his achievements and the good he has done for Britain ;)

• Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Charles has done SO much good. I actually think he will make a very good King with the limited powers he has. He's also made some massive mistakes. 

The Queen is also amazing but shouldn't be exempted from criticism. She has also made many poor choices throughout her life. 

You can admire someone while still criticize their actions. I think a lot of the backlash Meghan receives is race fueled, whether people realize it or not. I also think Harry and Meghan have terrible PR. A lot of their choices aren't bad, but their timing is spectacularly awful. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Ah. Yes. The ancient chestnut people who are determined to hate Charles bring up when they can’t really deny his achievements and the good he has done for Britain ;)

I don't know any of his achievements.  I know THAT story and it's still hilarious.  And frankly it's funny you're mocking his son for spouting nonsense when, if that's true, look at the tree from whence the apple came.

I do know he married an emotionally fragile teenager when he was a full grown adult...I just don't consider it an accomplishment.

Look, I'm not judging a weird celebrity crush.  I have a couple, one in particular, that while harmless and goofy would be hard to defend in terms of hotness or such.  Although he has done charity shows to raise money for cancer without even being a prince, so clearly that's astounding.

My point is I get having weird crushes on less than conventionally attractive celebrities....I just don't try to imbue mine with dignity or pretend there is any kind of empirical validity to my fangirling.  I own my fangirling as just finding weirdness hot.

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

I think a lot of the criticism that Meghan gets is because of racism because no matter what she does, it's always the wrong thing. I'm not saying she's perfect in any way, as people do make mistakes, but many of the negativity is slight racism. Harry has also made some really major mistakes in his past, as well as other members of the royal family. I do think Diana's death really traumatized Harry to the point that when Meghan was getting a lot of negative press, he felt he had to leave the royal family officially to protect his wife.

• Upvote 10

@ADoyle90815 Yes, I think that Diana's death traumatized Harry and while he has said he's in therapy, I still think he struggles with fight or flight. He is protective of Meghan, almost to her detriment, because he is so afraid of the present repeating the past. I can't really fault him for that. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

If you don’t know of Charles achievements, interests  and his work with youth in particular and insist on bring up tired ass Diana exaggerations and half truths because it’s the the go to criticism then you are just being willfully ignorant at this point. 

Of Course both the Queen and Charles and the rest of Windsor’s have made mistakes what with Being human and all but other than Andrew they deserve a lot of respect for the the things have done. The Sussex’s have not earned any in my book. They have not put in their time just the contrary in fact.

Edited by tabitha2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Of Course both the Queen and Charles and the rest of Windsor’s have made mistakes what with Being human and all but other than Andrew they deserve a lot of respect for the the things have done.

On a serious point, if they have done good things then fine.  But any chances they've had to do good things comes from being born into an elite bloodline which makes them socially superior to others and that I do have very serious issues with.

No secret, monarchies and all they represent disgust me and the fact that they continue to participate in holding up this archaic concept offends me on a visceral level.  Kind of like the way you seem offended by anyone like H and M who buck the system.  

People are multifaceted.  We are all a mix of good and bad qualities and have done both good and harm to others.  I am not saying Charles and the Queen are evil beings, I'm saying they are human and IMO none of these people warrant the veneration they are given by many (not all) fans of the BRF.  

And ftr Diana was an emotionally fragile teenager completely ill-equipped to marry into that family.  He was the adult who married her.  That's neither an exaggeration or half truth.  And yes, it's the main thing I think of when I think of him.  Total disregard for a fellow human being, one that was to become the mother of his children.  And yes, that colors how I see him.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, viii said:

I also think Harry and Meghan have terrible PR. A lot of their choices aren't bad, but their timing is spectacularly awful. 

Sing that one.  Right now with Philip in the hospital is not the time to have an Oprah Winfrey interview air.  It's like they're both tone deaf.  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Just like how Harry and Meghan’s  behavior color the way I see them then. Fair enough.Difference Is What Charles did was 30 years ago and he has been an Exemplary Royal ever sense. If Harry and Meghan  change I will be the first to applaud them as well. And that’s all I have to say on the subject:)

• Upvote 1

For people who want to do good & be seen as such in the limelight, H & M are not succeeding, to say the least. They could have delayed the Oprah interview, given Philip's hospitalization. 

OTOH, IMO, the attacks on H & M, especially M, are racist in origin, and they are now clearly coming from inside the royal households. The latest shitstorms-- about M being a bully or wearing earrings given to the BRF by MBS shortly after he had Jamal Khashoggi murdered -- are coming straight from the BRF via the Times. No more lowbrow Daily Fail hit jobs, it's obviously time for the big guns.

That said, if we're talking about bad stuff that British royals do, I don't find H & M's oblivious sense of entitlement to be anything like the BRF's collective efforts to shield Andrew from any real fallout over his association with Jeffrey Epstein. If non-royals were involved, this would be called obstruction of justice. Yes, Andrew "lost" his position & access to more money or influence. The truth is, he's still quite comfortable and it seems that he will never have to reveal what he knows or did. Both QEII & Charles are complicit in this effort to shield Andrew. This is REALLY ugly. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic