IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 4: Working for Netflix

Coconut Flan

Huh. Ol boy has no problem taking his fathers money When he needed not to mention housing by grandma it but Suddenly He is just his mothers son. Not his parents son. Just his mothers. Tacky and trifling. 

He wants his title, his military honors but has apparent no respect or thought for the family Who has indulged him not to mention given in to him so many times And people wonder why I  have a problem with them? 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

A lot of dysfunctional families use gifts and money to control noncompliant members. They guilt them and hold everything they do over their heads. How dare you step out of line, after all we have done? You are so ungrateful for not doing everything we want and for not ignoring all the shit we throw at you.

I have been in that boat and I see the same patterns with Harry. It's sad. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I’m honestly wondering but as I frequently hear Meghan is calculating and as this seems to be portrayed as a bad thing, my (not rhetorical) question is:

Isn’t that just normal for people who are in the public eye, especially in the BRF? Would being not calculating make any sense? I mean, being a royal is all about publicity so in a way, one always has to mind public perception, etc. And the mere fact that the British royals have a press office shows that they employ people who are (or should be) experts on how to communicate in a manner that suits the Windsors. That’s calculating, too, if you ask me (but just to be clear, I don’t take issue with it in the slightest). 

And - connected to my first though - aren’t all working royals calculating? How they conduct themselves, where and with who they are photographed, which engagements they attend and when, what to wear, where to travel... all that requires some calculating and I don’t see anything wrong with it per se. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

It's apparently only okay to be calculating if you're born to it.

• Upvote 6

47 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

It's apparently only okay to be calculating if you're born to it.

Molotov Mayhem can give lessons in being calculating to any human alive. I would call that  'born to it' I refer to her as Molotov Mayhem due to her propensity for blowing up relationships and the trail of destruction and chaos she leaves in her wake.

• Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 4

That’s probably a bit much:)  I think she is just a canny  hustler Who found a sweet deal And got set up for life with damaged none too bright mamas boy. She was a two bit C list actress now she gets her podium. Don’t hate the player hate the game I guess? 

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

She was a two bit C list actress now she gets her podium. 

It's crazy to think in 2007 she was on Deal or No Deal as a briefcase girl and in 2017, she was planning her royal wedding. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

She was planning all KINDS of things....not just the wedding. She trademarked Sussex Royal  and Archewell well in advance. She was planning a lucrative departure before she even had the ring on her finger.

Edited by omilona

13 hours ago, omilona said:

She was planning all KINDS of things....not just the wedding. She trademarked Sussex Royal  and Archewell well in advance. She was planning a lucrative departure before she even had the ring on her finger.

Good for her. I admire someone with hustle. What celebrity doesn't plan things? 

• Haha 3

Point is she married into a very particular kind of family  where a lifetime of duty and commitment is the whole Job but to her it was just a stepping stone in her plans. She achieved worldwide Notoriety so all the doors and deals are opening for her. 

11 hours ago, viii said:

Good for her. I admire someone with hustle. What celebrity doesn't plan things? 

Really? Planning a lucrative departure before you even have the wedding ring on your finger is "good"? How would you enjoy it if someone married your child while planning in advance to extract themselves before the actual wedding? At the VERY least it's disingenuous.

Edited by omilona

11 hours ago, omilona said:

Really? Planning a lucrative departure before you even have the wedding ring on your finger is "good"? How would you enjoy it if someone married your child while planning in advance to extract themselves before the actual wedding? At the VERY least it's disingenuous.

Do we have proof that she was planning a departure before she ever got married? That seems almost conspiracy theory material. :)

• Upvote 4

"Canny hustler" I'll give you. 

I believe she was thinking she'd be the new "face of the royal family" and when she wasn't, she didn't want to deal with the responsibility of being part of the royal family at all.

I really don't know how she'd have trademarked Sussex Royal even before they were awarded the title..

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

"Canny hustler" I'll give you. 

I believe she was thinking she'd be the new "face of the royal family" and when she wasn't, she didn't want to deal with the responsibility of being part of the royal family at all.

I really don't know how she'd have trademarked Sussex Royal even before they were awarded the title..

Or Archewell before she knew she’d have a son.

• Upvote 3

What I feel is missing in the discussion about Meghan is the possibility that a significant amount of the plans and changes the Sussexes have made are driven by Harry. He has frequently talked about his difficult relationship with the media, his dream of living in Africa, and so on.

Regardless of what one thinks of the couple exiting the royal circus, it doesn't appear as if Meghan had to convince Harry. Now, if William suddenly quit and moved next door to the Middletons, such speculations would make far more sense. But as it stands, Harry and Meghan might both want the same thing. So one can blame them both - but just Meghan? 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

Because Meghan has drive And is mover and shaker for better or worse and Harry  has never shown himself to have a particularly strong or charismatic character or that bright TBH.  Before her he was a young Prince who wanted to soldier and fun And occasionally made a fool of himself. With his mother issues and easy going  nature  And her personality it’s not a stretch to say makes most of the decisions and convinced him it’s what he wants as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 2

18 hours ago, omilona said:

How would you enjoy it if someone married your child while planning in advance to extract themselves before the actual wedding?

If I knew that my child had had issues with the whole family for most of his life, I would maybe not find it a huge shock that said child would be trying to "extract" himself from the family once he was married and felt he had the support of his wife to back him.

Maybe Harry is a feckless, melodramatic, none-too-bright brat or whatever, but if he has real issues with his family, why does he have to stay all wrapped up with them? And if you think too that Harry never wanted to do much with his life, then why does it matter if he doesn't want to be part of the royal family anymore? He's not going to be the king of England. If he wants to hang out in LA with his wife and son, then who cares? 

• Upvote 13

He can hang out where he wants. He should not be wanting Royal perks like being with his family at Trooping or keeping military titles that he got when he was a working Royal. He wants the rewards without the work. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Dunno. The one thing I agree with Harry about is that he should retain his military honors. Both he and Will actually served. He earned those,  whether he was Harry Windsor or Harry Whoever.

• Upvote 16

I may be wrong, but Harry got to keep any military honors he actually earned.  That would be horrible if the Queen took those away.  What I think the military honors that she removed were those she gave him as part of being a senior royal which he decided to give up.  Thus giving up the status means giving up what goes with it.  The honorary titles were hers to give and hers to remove. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

Yes. What he earned in service are his alone. Whatever military honors and titles he got as part of the Working Royal family Need to go.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Dunno. The one thing I agree with Harry about is that he should retain his military honors. Both he and Will actually served. He earned those,  whether he was Harry Windsor or Harry Whoever.

He did not earn the title "Captain General of the Royal Marines". He was only a regular captain in the army. . He did not earn the title "Honorary Commandant of the Royal Air Force Base Honington". He did not serve in the RAF. He did not earn the title "Honorary Commodore-in-Chief of the Royal Naval Commands' Small Ships and Diving". He was not in the Royal Navy. 

He was a captain in the army. He seems to have earned no particular honors that google can unearth. And in the UK, veterans do not appear in uniform in any circumstance. As for the titles above, expecting to keep those titles while not being in the UK at all (and they seem to have no intention of returning at all) is not appropriate. There are ceremonial functions that go with them. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

OK. Difference understood. When he laid the wreath on Remembrance Day, I saw medals. I suppose those were the service medals that every service person receives. Satisfactory.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

What I feel is missing in the discussion about Meghan is the possibility that a significant amount of the plans and changes the Sussexes have made are driven by Harry. He has frequently talked about his difficult relationship with the media, his dream of living in Africa, and so on.

Regardless of what one thinks of the couple exiting the royal circus, it doesn't appear as if Meghan had to convince Harry. Now, if William suddenly quit and moved next door to the Middletons, such speculations would make far more sense. But as it stands, Harry and Meghan might both want the same thing. So one can blame them both - but just Meghan? 

Anyone with common sense would realize that Meghan didn't force Harry into anything. However, there are a lot of racist and sexist undertone in comments made towards them that naturally pushes the blame to Meghan's shoulders. It's gross and disappointing, considering we live in 2021. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 1/7/2021 at 2:26 PM, FluffySnowball said:

I can definitely envision that if the tables were turned and it was William, with his sense of duty, that married Meghan she would have figured out a way to make her mark and still be happy and fulfilled in the Royal family. Especially since William wouldn’t have rushed into marriage and made absolutely sure she knew what to expect (he and Kate dated off and on for ten years. The guy doesn’t take chances).

Meghan did have a *lot* to adjust to when she went from dating, engaged, married, and pregnant in less than a year and was also dealing with a new country, new culture, and no familiar support system. Harry probably whined regularly to family about wanting to take off and live a “private” life somewhere.  Instead of being placated, humored, or told to “buck up, you’re enormously privileged and having to show up and get your picture taken at a gala occasionally is a small pay-off for the life you have” by family members, Meghan probably just said, “if you’re so unhappy we can just leave.”
And, it finally dawned on Harry that he had someone who would help him leave.

Edited by DalmatianCat
Typo
  • Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic