IGNORED

Maxwell 44: Must We Permit Mephistopheles and Beelzebub to Perform Financial and Performance Audits

Coconut Flan

6 minutes ago, freejugar said:

Only the people on the front wore masks? 

They asked a covid savvy neighbour? Bullshit

They "even" asked. Went above and beyond! I get their email and it really makes me laugh!

• Upvote 4

What is a Covid "savvy" person? Some with experience? Practice? A medical professional? Scientist? 

Everything else aside, I want to know who this Covid savvy person and what makes her so savvy. 

• Upvote 18

Weird...the caroling post shows up on my phone but not on my computer.

Thoughts: They say the front row wore masks but I don't see any pictures showing the entire front row masked at all.

People "accepted" the poppy seed loaf but I'd pay money to know how many of them smiled, waved, closed the front door, and deposited the loaf in the nearest trash receptacle.

Is that Calia in a SANTA HAT? Never thought I'd see the day.

So Nathan and Christopher's families opted out of the soup fest...but Abby and Bethany were there. I guess the point is probably moot because they were all exposed to whatever any of them had while they were roaming the neighborhood singing (one of the most dangerous things you can do in this pandemic) but there they are, getting exposed again at the unmasked soup table. I guess maybe in the grand scheme of Maxwells I should be thankful for their sakes that they're getting some little privilege not afforded to their toddler siblings.

• Upvote 15

WT...? At this point everyone should know that choir singing is more risky regarding Covid because you discard more aerosols while singing.

Is it this savvy person Steve himself? 

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

So a little Maxwell kid has a job?

"All the Maxwells were healthy and able to join the caroling, although a couple little ones got cold and stopped early and one joined later because of his work schedule."  [I get it it's just the usual terrible writing]

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 7

Very minor issue i know but that cake recipe_ butter flavouring??? Why wack in loads of oil and fake flavouring if you want it tl taste of butter use butter!

Im currently waiting for my lemon drizzle  to finish cooking for a team meeting tomorrow to and my house smells amazing_ and itll be buttery because its made with butter! 

So not only is it a plague cake but a weird fake plague cake.

Nothing against cakes made with oil; they have a different texture which works nicely but not if you want it to taste of butter! 

Edited by byzant
Oil cake thought
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

They’ve provided that poppy seed loaf recipe so many dang times, and STILL haven’t done the lettuce pizza cutter tip. It’s been FIVE YEARS, y’all! 
The post doesn’t say that the front row wore masks, it said “some” wore masks. Here’s a photo of Joseph using his as a chin hammock:

7BC72256-E9AE-4080-8676-767DFC38BE2F.thumb.jpeg.efc5a3e8a20e57655ba98ec48e49ec62.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 8

@byzant, maybe  they used oil because of Steve's diet. Oil, is usually monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fat and butter is saturated fat and cholesterol.  There are plenty of cake recipes that don't use butter in any way and are still delicious.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

6 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

byzant, maybe  they used oil because of Steve's diet. Oil, is usually monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fat and butter is saturated fat and cholesterol.  There are plenty of cake recipes that don't use butter in any way and are still delicious.  

That would be a reason now, but they've used that recipe for years.  This is discussion umpteen of why use artificial butter flavoring instead of real butter.  They're giving the items away and Steve wouldn't have to eat any.  Plus they make so many that they could make one batch separate for Steve if he wanted some of it.  My guess is that the current recipe is cheaper than using real butter and that we know Terri is cooking deficient and I think she simply slavishly follows her standard recipes and doesn't even consider thinking about whether they make sense or food could taste better made another way.  

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

Notes from a baker of 60 years: Certain sweet quick breads and loaf cakes turn out better when they contain oil instead of butter Because Physics and Chemistry. I’ve read so much about *why* you wind up with textural differences from oil vs. solid butter vs. melted butter, but I am too much of an idiot to be able to dig up and post citations.

You may try making the poppyseed loaf with solid or liquid butter instead, and it may turn out OK, but the consistency will differ.

And the “butter flavoring” is probably just a matter of taste, and not meant to trick your tastebuds into thinking something is made with actual butter.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

They’ve provided that poppy seed loaf recipe so many dang times, and STILL haven’t done the lettuce pizza cutter tip. It’s been FIVE YEARS, y’all! 
The post doesn’t say that the front row wore masks, it said “some” wore masks. Here’s a photo of Joseph using his as a chin hammock:

7BC72256-E9AE-4080-8676-767DFC38BE2F.thumb.jpeg.efc5a3e8a20e57655ba98ec48e49ec62.jpeg

Earlier it said the front row wore masks. I wouldn't have imagined that detail. It's been changed since the discussion here. Hi, Steve! ?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

You can also sub at least half of the oil with applesauce and make it so much lower fat, if that's an issue, without huge textural change and no taste difference.  That is a ton of oil, blech.    

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, Bethy said:

Earlier it said the front row wore masks. I wouldn't have imagined that detail. It's been changed since the discussion here. Hi, Steve! ?

From the email: "What did we do differently this year? We stood further back from the doors. The front row singers had masks on and so did the child offering the poppy seed loaf. Each home was willing to receive the poppy seed loaf."

"Willing to receive" doesn't sound enthusiastic does it? ?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

BEC but in some of those photos it looks like the kids are almost inside some of the houses.  Stood further back my ass.

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, jiggleromp said:

BEC but in some of those photos it looks like the kids are almost inside some of the houses.  Stood further back my ass.

I do think they were further back than "usual", at least for most of the houses.  If they were handing out bread then someone had to approach up close at some point and maybe that's what they got a photo of.

So -- further back than usual the schedule prescribes, good, but still not good enough, because (see below):

11 hours ago, Austrian Atheist said:

WT...? At this point everyone should know that choir singing is more risky regarding Covid because you discard more aerosols while singing.

Is it this savvy person Steve himself? 

Exactly!  Even though they were outdoors, since they were singing, they should have stayed back at least twenty feet stayed home.

Also, a slight rant about caroling.  I know lots of people like doing it and lots like being sung to.  But -- I had a group come caroling once.  It was VERY cold and also slushy out.  Because I didn't know they were coming, I answered the door in my stocking feet.  And because it was slushy out, I couldn't step out onto the wet porch, so I had to stand there in the doorway letting the cold air into my house, for two songs worth of time.  These were my neighbors and I didn't want to be rude, plus it was nice to hear and watch.  It just seems like there must be a better way.  Like even just advertising what evening they'll be going around, so folks can have their shoes and coat ready so they can step outside and close the door behind them while they listen.  /grinch

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 4

On 12/13/2020 at 9:13 PM, kpmom said:

"Might that change? Who knows."

Might we tell you how to cut lettuce with a pizza cutter? Maybe. Maybe you should just fuck off.

In Christ's love,

Steve Maxwell

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 23
  • Love 1

On the Bontrager blog, there is a picture of Axton and John picking out a Christmas Tree. 

Steve has fully crashed & burned with one of his offspring celebrating Christmas with a tree - and not just things that bring glory or whatever to god! 

And in a picture of he & Elliott & a book - it looks like there is an animated rabbit! A talking animal! 

Calia in a Santa hat while caroling, now John gets a Christmas tree & talking animals!

Steve, I think you're lost your children's hearts!

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 5

On 12/13/2020 at 7:23 PM, Black Aliss said:

Do I remember correctly that they once sat in an airport waiting area judging women by the clothes they were wearing? Now I am cracking up imagining Steve spotting the Rodrigues women in the wild. He would probably point them out to his innocent daughters as harlots.

I don’t know if the Maxwells did it, but “sitting in a public place(I think it suggested a supermarket parking lot)to ‘judge people’s character’ by their clothing” was definitely in one of Gothard’s “Wisdom Booklets.”

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 1
  • WTF 7
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I don’t know if the Maxwells did it, but “sitting in a public place(I think it suggested a supermarket parking lot)to ‘judge people’s character’ by their clothing” was definitely in one of Gothard’s “Wisdom Booklets.”

Wow that’s nuts. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Maxwell’s did that. It definitely sounds like something they would do. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

On the Bontrager blog, there is a picture of Axton and John picking out a Christmas Tree. 

Steve has fully crashed & burned with one of his offspring celebrating Christmas with a tree - and not just things that bring glory or whatever to god! 

And in a picture of he & Elliott & a book - it looks like there is an animated rabbit! A talking animal! 

Calia in a Santa hat while caroling, now John gets a Christmas tree & talking animals!

Interesting that it's the "Reversal" sons who are not completely adhering to their father's ways.   Steve, you should have left things alone!  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 19

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I know these are all very small things and all the kids are still fundie. However I love seeing them do things differently from Steve because he’s such a control freak. It would make me want to do the opposite of anything he says! 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

He still has his token handmaidens at home.

• Upvote 11

On the book--Terri has included some "normal" books in her posts about kids books.

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic