IGNORED

Maxwell 44: Must We Permit Mephistopheles and Beelzebub to Perform Financial and Performance Audits

Coconut Flan

31 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I have this thought that Steve pressures his grandchildren to get baptized. The kids were taught to always obey their parents & grandparents & if grandpa tells them to get baptized they will. 

Steve probably did pressure the grandchildren into baptism. The point I was trying to make is that fundies brag about it when their children accept Christ. Like I really don't think Sauntina Staddon fully comprehended what it meant to do so when Robert and Kendalyn posted that she had accepted him at age four. Kathryn (Neely) Staddon admitted to just saying "Yes, Daddy" to him at night as a young child while not knowing what he meant. I really don't think that many of the young Maxwell grandchildren fully understood baptism other than it was something that Steve wanted them to do.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Steve probably did pressure the grandchildren into baptism. The point I was trying to make is that fundies brag about it when their children accept Christ. Like I really don't think Sauntina Staddon fully comprehended what it meant to do so when Robert and Kendalyn posted that she had accepted him at age four. Kathryn (Neely) Staddon admitted to just saying "Yes, Daddy" to him at night as a young child while not knowing what he meant. I really don't think that many of the young Maxwell grandchildren fully understood baptism other than it was something that Steve wanted them to do.

Just like the Maxgrands and the abortion rallies.  Anna's explanation of abortion to her kids was horrible.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Just like the Maxgrands and the abortion rallies.  Anna's explanation of abortion to her kids was horrible.

Yes. No matter what your views on abortion are, it’s an adult issue and kids have no business at those rallies. As I recall, NRAnna told her kids, “We love little babies, but some mommies go to doctors to have their little babies killed.” I was horrified.

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 11

I agree that abortion rallies are not a place for kids. Yet the Maxwell’s think it’s a great place for the kids to go. They won’t allow them to have friends that aren’t a sibling or their cousins they aren’t allowed to go to parks yet they think abortion rallies are a good place for them. So wrong on so many levels. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 12

4 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I agree that abortion rallies are not a place for kids. Yet the Maxwell’s think it’s a great place for the kids to go. They won’t allow them to have friends that aren’t a sibling or their cousins they aren’t allowed to go to parks yet they think abortion rallies are a good place for them. So wrong on so many levels. 

I'm not so sure about the outside friend thing. Steve and Teri have mentioned that Nathan and Melanie have made friends through a new church they are attending, so maybe their children are making new ones. Chelsy has maintained several friendships that she had before John and some of them are married with children. Joseph and Elissa moved away from the compound and the family mentioned they are attending a church as well. It's possible that the Maxwell grandchildren are have friends and/or are making them and they are choosing not to blog and/or post photos out of privacy concerns. I have a feeling that the Maxwell wives realized that the isolation was unhealthy and convinced their husbands to let their children have friends. Chelsy's a social butterfly, so I have to wonder if her refusal to completely conform to the Maxwellian way of a life and have friends outside the family influence Melanie, Elissa, and Anna Marie to let the kids get out more.

Also, it seems like the Maxwell's Nursing Home church is going to be a thing of the past soon. I'm sure as soon as the family can they will start holding services. However, the only married Maxwell couple I can see truly returning are Chris and Anna Marie. John and Elissa and Jesse and Anna Craig have moved further away. John and Chelsy seem happy with the church they are going to. Nathan and Melanie, like I said, seemed to be making new friends and enjoying the church they are going to. I know this post seems a little redundant. But, if the married Maxwell kidults choose not to return to the church they have in the nursing home, then the more likely it is that the grandchildren will be able to have friends and a life out from under Steve's thumb. The only real question is, is how far will Steve go to ensure they all return? Nathan and Melanie and John and Chelsy may switch on weekends, but Joseph and Elissa and Jesse and Anna Craig live further away now, so they may only attend every now and then. I can't see Steve being too happy with only having Chris and Anna Marie being the only married couple fully returning.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

I don't think they will go back after Covid. The blog post when they announced the church change said:

"With the Covid shutdowns in March, our retirement home church was one of the first shutdowns to happen. Steve had been feeling for a few months that it was time for our family to be back in a “normal” church. However, it would have been extremely hard to leave those who were currently part of the church. Steve didn’t know how it would ever work, and then, suddenly, we weren’t allowed to have church at the retirement home anymore." 

So it sounds like they had wanted to leave even before Covid and were able to use Covid as a reason. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

Their wording for things is so weird sometimes. "Have church." "Do school." Why not"…we weren't allowed to hold church services…" or "it was time for the children to do their school work"? It just irks me, along with so many other things. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

15 minutes ago, sparkles said:

Their wording for things is so weird sometimes. "Have church." "Do school." Why not"…we weren't allowed to hold church services…" or "it was time for the children to do their school work"? It just irks me, along with so many other things. 

Poor writing and awkward sentence structure which IMO, is indicative of a poor basic, language arts education. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

New post up.  The ABC girls helped with a church project but no real details.  It was for a kids program at church.  Are the Maxgrands allowed to be part of the kids program.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Sarah in the comments confirms that they did not do Operation Christmas Child this year, due to multiple reasons that she did not list. It’s good to see Anna Marie smiling. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

I think the main reason they won’t blog about Grandkids having friends / families aocializing with new friends etc is because it goes totally against everything they’ve ever preached about family life and how people should live. I don’t think it’s for respect and privacy. 

If the GrandMax kids are in children’s programs at church, I’m pleased. That’s an improvement from Steve once preaching about absolutely no Sunday School or Youth Club or even playing with other kids after church (he said children should stay next to their parents while the grown ups talk, not go off with other children which is the norm I’ve seen at any church). 

Maybe some Maxwell sons are realising that friends outside family are actually a nice thing and not as harmful as they were raised to believe. Extra support isn’t harmful. Good for them. 

Possible theory of mine:  Steve was considering leaving the Nursing Home Church because he could feel himself loosing grip of his sons. Kind of like Zsu with moving house to keep her oldest sons at home, I wonder if Steve Maxwell felt they may need a “normal” church to keep the family together? Probably way off but a thought.

Second Theory: His audience just weren’t accepting him anymore. He was being questioned by family or staff. Residents argued with him. Or even he himself got tired of repeating the same old thing.

• Upvote 17
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

Second Theory: His audience just weren’t accepting him anymore. He was being questioned by family or staff. Residents argued with him. Or even he himself got tired of repeating the same old thing.

I really like this theory. Steve hates when anyone questions what he says & does. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

Possible theory of mine:  Steve was considering leaving the Nursing Home Church because he could feel himself loosing grip of his sons. Kind of like Zsu with moving house to keep her oldest sons at home, I wonder if Steve Maxwell felt they may need a “normal” church to keep the family together? Probably way off but a thought.

It could just be the Assisted living home doing cutbacks, as well. My mom volunteered up until COVID hit at a place in her state, and once COVID hit, they were told that the program they ran was cut, permanently and they wouldn't be asked back.  She was pretty upset, because they were self funded, people liked it, and it had been around for a long time. But administration realized they could better utilize the space to cram more people in and maximise profits for shareholders. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 5

I'm not an expert in this field but most of the photos Sarah has posted of Ellie lately she seems older and ill. I'm starting to wonder if the pyometra she had last year is taking a toll on her health. She looks much older for a English Cream Golden Retriever who is almost five. Up until the last couple of posts the photos of Ellie she looks happy and enjoys playing. The ones in the past posts she seems depressed and sad. I hope Steve lets Sarah take her to the vet if she is having medical problems. I just really, really hope that Sarah's backyard breeding venture fiasco messed up Ellie's chance to have a healthy and long life.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Sarah in the comments confirms that they did not do Operation Christmas Child this year, due to multiple reasons that she did not list. It’s good to see Anna Marie smiling. 

Do you mean they did not pack any boxes or they did not go volunteer at the processing center or both?

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I just really, really hope that Sarah's backyard breeding venture fiasco messed up Ellie's chance to have a healthy and long life.

Oops, I just reread, I meant DIDN'T mess up Ellie's chance of living a long and healthy life. 

• Upvote 12

4 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Do you mean they did not pack any boxes or they did not go volunteer at the processing center or both?

Both— didn’t pack boxes, didn’t volunteer though she says she would have liked to. They are very busy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

The “vaguebooking” about the Christmas project annoyed me. What exactly was the project? Why were the cloth bags needed? What was being put into them? Whom were they given to? What did the finished product look like? The Maxhellions shroud the most mundane things in mystery.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8

3 hours ago, Hane said:

The “vaguebooking” about the Christmas project annoyed me. What exactly was the project? Why were the cloth bags needed? What was being put into them? Whom were they given to? What did the finished product look like? The Maxhellions shroud the most mundane things in mystery.

This is SO Maxwell... They actually do things that would make great and somewhat interesting blog posts, but instead they post how to use a highlighter and a ruler during Bible time.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

8 hours ago, Hane said:

That's their way of controlling their image. It's not because anything is a secret, per se', but there is something about what they did that - to them - doesn't fit their created version of themselves & reality so they have to leave it out. 

They'd have done just as well saying "we did something this weekend to be such perfect people & fill a need even though we're sooooooooo busy  & the kids wanted to help & here are some edited & cropped pictures of smiling kids to distract you so you don't ask too many questions". 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

One of the best parts of church, IMHO, is the social hour when kids run around, wild, with their friends, and random adults ask them if they’re allowed to have their 3rd cupcake, or where their left shoe is, and then as it winds down adults ask where their kids are and you say, oh, I saw him upstairs with X and Y. It’s just fun, being with people and knowing the kids are cocooned in a safe bubble in the middle of a busy city.

We have just been informed that there will be no in person meetings of any kind before next summer. I was expecting this, but still. I wonder if this is how the Maxwell kids felt when they were pulled out of activities and an actual church. I do online stuff multiple times a week but I never imagined I could miss a physical building so darn much.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 3

My mother watched pre-taped services from our temple these last holidays. She said she really missed the in person feeling & we don’t go to temple that often. Our Rabbi is retiring after 40 plus years & they want to do a big thing for him. They are waiting to do it in June in hope more people can be inside the building, or if they have to they will do it outside. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

My mother watched pre-taped services from our temple these last holidays. She said she really missed the in person feeling & we don’t go to temple that often. Our Rabbi is retiring after 40 plus years & they want to do a big thing for him. They are waiting to do it in June in hope more people can be inside the building, or if they have to they will do it outside. 

The synagogue in my area has been doing drive-in services for a while. I only went there a few times, years ago, but I'm still on the mailing list. I'm certain that it's disappointing to everyone, but I guess it's something. 

• Upvote 9

6 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

The synagogue in my area has been doing drive-in services for a while. I only went there a few times, years ago, but I'm still on the mailing list. I'm certain that it's disappointing to everyone, but I guess it's something. 

Our temple doesn’t have a large parking lot (it’s on a residential street. So they can’t ever expand the parking lot even if they wanted to) so doing a drive-in services would be hard. The recording was their solution. 

• Upvote 7

17 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

Both— didn’t pack boxes, didn’t volunteer though she says she would have liked to. They are very busy. 

"They are very busy...." doing what? Pre- measuring beans for burrito filling? It doesn't take the whole of their waking hours to pretend to man businesses and look after children whose Mother is now back from cancer treatment. I wonder if Franklin Graham even managed to piss off Steve!

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic