IGNORED

Maxwell 44: Must We Permit Mephistopheles and Beelzebub to Perform Financial and Performance Audits

Coconut Flan

"Life has been a whirlwind here."

Oh Sarah, that will only be true if a tornado ever plows through your house [you do live in Kansas after all!]

image.png.45b8a34ca9ac10ef4ae6939443b3459f.png

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 23

11 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

This is SO Maxwell... They actually do things that would make great and somewhat interesting blog posts, but instead they post how to use a highlighter and a ruler during Bible time.

Exactly. For this “project” they could have framed in such a way as to give ideas to other church groups or community organizations:

”Perhaps your church would be interested in doing this.  This is what it entails...”

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

13 hours ago, anachronistic said:

I wonder if this is how the Maxwell kids felt when they were pulled out of activities and an actual church.

No, for the Maxwells it must have been much worse because there was no projected end. We as adults who are missing gatherings can look forward to a future, probably within the next year, where we'll be able to gather freely again. As far as the Maxkids knew, this was forever. Did they get "called" to leave conventional church around the same time Steve got "called" to leave the workforce, or was it earlier? I can't remember the timeline on that. The fact that the Moody kids were largely between 5-10 when they started their nursing home church makes me think the original three were probably fairly young and Sarah is pushing 40. If she was 10 when they pulled the plug on socialization...yes, there was an "end" coming in 2020, but when you're 10 years old, 30 years in the future might as well be forever.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 5

12 hours ago, browngrl said:

Could this be Maxwell speak for another engagement/courtship?

Nah. Knowing them, it probably just refers to the annual cleaning of the ceiling fans.

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 12/22/2020 at 6:20 AM, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I'm not an expert in this field but most of the photos Sarah has posted of Ellie lately she seems older and ill. I'm starting to wonder if the pyometra she had last year is taking a toll on her health. She looks much older for a English Cream Golden Retriever who is almost five. Up until the last couple of posts the photos of Ellie she looks happy and enjoys playing. The ones in the past posts she seems depressed and sad. I hope Steve lets Sarah take her to the vet if she is having medical problems. I just really, really hope that Sarah's backyard breeding venture fiasco messed up Ellie's chance to have a healthy and long life.

Honestly it's probably mostly genetics. I'm not sure about Golden Retrievers as my breed is Border Collies and Pomeranians, but some dogs just go grey earlier then others. My current Border Collie is a rescue and thus poorly bred and while she's only 3 and a half her face is already mostly grey. However most well bred dogs I know, including my future breeder's, don't have dogs go grey or look that old as young as they are. I know several people with wellbred, well cared for dogs who look young well into what's considered "geriatric". Pyometra certainly can have long lasting health problems and any responsible person would immediately alter their dog following a bout of it, I'm new to Maxhell so I'm gonna hope thats what they did here.

Also as a side note I really want to pull my hair out every time I see them refer to her as an English Cream Golden Retriever I want to pull my hair out because that isn't a thing. It's a BYB term to get people to buy their dogs. 

Then again this is the Maxwells I don't know why I even bother wasting rage XD 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

18 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Honestly it's probably mostly genetics. I'm not sure about Golden Retrievers as my breed is Border Collies and Pomeranians, but some dogs just go grey earlier then others. My current Border Collie is a rescue and thus poorly bred and while she's only 3 and a half her face is already mostly grey. However most well bred dogs I know, including my future breeder's, don't have dogs go grey or look that old as young as they are. I know several people with wellbred, well cared for dogs who look young well into what's considered "geriatric". Pyometra certainly can have long lasting health problems and any responsible person would immediately alter their dog following a bout of it, I'm new to Maxhell so I'm gonna hope thats what they did here.

Also as a side note I really want to pull my hair out every time I see them refer to her as an English Cream Golden Retriever I want to pull my hair out because that isn't a thing. It's a BYB term to get people to buy their dogs. 

Yes, the English Cream Golden Retriever - - it's just more evidence of how they only learn/read/know what they want, not what is. 

Any actual research into Golden Retrievers would tell them that, but nope, not the Maxwells. They're so limited & stunted, they wouldn't know a reliable piece of information from propaganda if it slapped them. They don't have the reasoning to make determinations based on varying information. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Thank you! I was only referring to Ellie as an English Cream because I looked at other photos of Golden Retrievers that are English Cream around her age and they look much younger than Ellie does in the recent photos the Maxwell's have posted of her. I only added that in to show that other Golden Retrievers with her fur color look less aged. 

My sister's best friend is a vet and I mentioned pyometra to her. She said that pyometra can have long last effects in dogs depending on how bad the infection got before surgery happened. Considering the fact that it sounds like Steve and Sarah waited until it was time for Ellie to get her ultrasound for the puppies, to me, it looks like they waited until the last possible moment before Ellie's uterus ruptured from the puss. On another thread on FJ I saw that another poster mentioned that their, I believe, dog experienced bladder problems following pyometra.

I just really hope that if Sarah wants to pursue raising puppies following Ellie's passing that she does more research and Steve lets her work and/or intern alongside a breeder. In the comments, regarding Ellie, Sarah made it clear that she had no clue what pyometra was and that it was rare, which it isn't, for dogs to get. I have a sinking feeling that the backyard breeding venture for the Maxwell family isn't over yet. I really hope that feeling is wrong and they don't pursue it again.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

In the comments, regarding Ellie, Sarah made it clear that she had no clue what pyometra was and that it was rare, which it isn't, for dogs to get. I have a sinking feeling that the backyard breeding venture for the Maxwell family isn't over yet. I really hope that feeling is wrong and they don't pursue it again.

When Sarah announced her breeding venture, I had concerns for Ellie, namely that Sarah did not know what she was doing.   She appeared to just jump into it and wing it.  Seeing that Ellie has experienced some severe health issues, one would expect Sarah would learn from that.  Saying that she had no clue about what affected her dog and making the erroneous statement that it's rare, shows she has not learned anything.   Steve will not allow her to do anything with a breeder so she can learn anything.

I hope that the Maxwells ditch the idea of a breeding venture for good, namely for the sake of any animals they might adopt in the future.     

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 12/21/2020 at 11:52 PM, Hane said:

The “vaguebooking” about the Christmas project annoyed me. What exactly was the project? Why were the cloth bags needed? What was being put into them? Whom were they given to? What did the finished product look like? The Maxhellions shroud the most mundane things in mystery.

Perhaps the reason for the bags was "indelicate"? Maybe they were for reuseable, cotton sanitary napkins? Many churches make those either for Operation Christmas Child or for other missions. I've seen many and they are generally made to the original Days For Girls pattern.

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

08A3F7A7-9048-4E16-8BA3-531864F603C2.thumb.jpeg.2de4d10c8394c80e5415afd3a977118f.jpeg

im surprised this comment made it through. 

Why couldn’t she just add the pertinent info about the bags to the comment that she made above? Likely because she’ll never post more on them later.

• Upvote 14

If one of my pets was diagnosed with a serious health condition that I was not familiar with, I would google and research it for at least an hour, even after discussing with the vet.   I wonder if their google time is limited, to prevent them from being exposed to information outside of their parents' control?  Or, maybe she felt uncomfortable discussing a topic that was related to reproduction?

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

08A3F7A7-9048-4E16-8BA3-531864F603C2.thumb.jpeg.2de4d10c8394c80e5415afd3a977118f.jpeg

Obviously there aren't enough Annas around the Maxhell compound since Sarah changed poor Ann's name to another Anna!

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

54 minutes ago, crawfishgirl said:

If one of my pets was diagnosed with a serious health condition that I was not familiar with, I would google and research it for at least an hour, even after discussing with the vet.   I wonder if their google time is limited, to prevent them from being exposed to information outside of their parents' control?  Or, maybe she felt uncomfortable discussing a topic that was related to reproduction?

The problem with Sarah is that she was trying to breed Ellie by doing little to no research. Basically, Sarah assumed that dog and human reproduction were the same. So, when Ellie started to get sick after having gone into heat and having sex, Sarah just assumed that she was pregnant and that it was normal. The main reason Sarah took her to the vet was for an ultrasound to check on the nonexistent puppies only to find out Ellie had pyometra. From the way it sounds Ellie was really sick and Sarah and Steve waited up until the last moment because they assumed she was pregnant, not severely sick.

• Upvote 12

I remember reading about a dog with a pyometra case in the fourth James Herriot book, except he called it pyometritis. The fourth book was actually the first one I ever read, I don’t remember the circumstances. And this was back in the late 30s/early 40s, in rural Yorkshire, where small animal work (as opposed to farm animals) didn’t make up much of the work Herriot and his colleagues did. 

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

When Sarah announced her breeding venture, I had concerns for Ellie, namely that Sarah did not know what she was doing.   She appeared to just jump into it and wing it.  Seeing that Ellie has experienced some severe health issues, one would expect Sarah would learn from that.  Saying that she had no clue about what affected her dog and making the erroneous statement that it's rare, shows she has not learned anything.   Steve will not allow her to do anything with a breeder so she can learn anything.

I hope that the Maxwells ditch the idea of a breeding venture for good, namely for the sake of any animals they might adopt in the future.     

Yes, to all of that. However, I have a feeling that the Maxwells will try breeding again either once Ellie has passed on and/or if/when they let Anna get a dog. I really, really hope I’m wrong. 

The only difference, hopefully, for the next breeding venture they will have the dog go to check ups through out abc try to breed earlier as it seems neither of these happened. Sarah seemed really determine to have puppies through Ellie and may still want them. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Thank you! I was only referring to Ellie as an English Cream because I looked at other photos of Golden Retrievers that are English Cream around her age and they look much younger than Ellie does in the recent photos the Maxwell's have posted of her. I only added that in to show that other Golden Retrievers with her fur color look less aged. 

My sister's best friend is a vet and I mentioned pyometra to her. She said that pyometra can have long last effects in dogs depending on how bad the infection got before surgery happened. Considering the fact that it sounds like Steve and Sarah waited until it was time for Ellie to get her ultrasound for the puppies, to me, it looks like they waited until the last possible moment before Ellie's uterus ruptured from the puss. On another thread on FJ I saw that another poster mentioned that their, I believe, dog experienced bladder problems following pyometra.

I just really hope that if Sarah wants to pursue raising puppies following Ellie's passing that she does more research and Steve lets her work and/or intern alongside a breeder. In the comments, regarding Ellie, Sarah made it clear that she had no clue what pyometra was and that it was rare, which it isn't, for dogs to get. I have a sinking feeling that the backyard breeding venture for the Maxwell family isn't over yet. I really hope that feeling is wrong and they don't pursue it again.

Pyometra is a gnarly thing so there being long term effect doesnt surprise me, and it would surprise me even less if Ellie had them because the maxwells waited so long to take her to the vet. I would also expect a breeder to at least know about pyometra and the risks associated with it but then again, it’s the Maxwells

5 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The problem with Sarah is that she was trying to breed Ellie by doing little to no research. Basically, Sarah assumed that dog and human reproduction were the same. So, when Ellie started to get sick after having gone into heat and having sex, Sarah just assumed that she was pregnant and that it was normal. The main reason Sarah took her to the vet was for an ultrasound to check on the nonexistent puppies only to find out Ellie had pyometra. From the way it sounds Ellie was really sick and Sarah and Steve waited up until the last moment because they assumed she was pregnant, not severely sick.

...good lord, I know it can be hard to tell when some animals are sick (my moms Jindo is one of the most stoic dogs I’ve ever met, we can almost never tell when she’s in pain) but if she was actively and repeatedly getting sick then they should have gone, especially if they thought she was pregnant. Hell if my dog threw up twice in the same WEEK I’d be off to the vet, paranoid? Maybe but After loosing my cat very suddenly to liver failure id rather be paranoid.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 10

54 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Pyometra is a gnarly thing so there being long term effect doesnt surprise me, and it would surprise me even less if Ellie had them because the maxwells waited so long to take her to the vet. I would also expect a breeder to at least know about pyometra and the risks associated with it but then again, it’s the Maxwells

...good lord, I know it can be hard to tell when some animals are sick (my moms Jindo is one of the most stoic dogs I’ve ever met, we can almost never tell when she’s in pain) but if she was actively and repeatedly getting sick then they should have gone, especially if they thought she was pregnant. Hell if my dog threw up twice in the same WEEK I’d be off to the vet, paranoid? Maybe but After loosing my cat very suddenly to liver failure id rather be paranoid.

Sarah never did any form of research. All she did was go find a vet that would say Ellie would be a good fit for breeding and go through an extensive testing process to make sure. She started pursuing the route when Ellie turned two. I read online that most breeders try to breed goldens at two age. Anyone on here can correct me with this statement. Sarah, literally, knew nothing about pyometra and replied to comments about the condition as though it is a very rare and uncommon disease on goldens, when it's not. Wannabe backyard breeder Sarah not knowing anything about pyometra pre-breeding venture tells me that she is unaware of any prolonged health issues Ellie may have. Chances are if Ellie isn't herself and starting to have problems, then the family is assuming that she just isn't herself because of the weather or something like that. Sarah and Steve waited until the last moment to take her to the vet.

As for going to the vet Sarah mentioned that she hates going to the vet and Ellie doesn't like going either. The vet is over an hour away, probably because that was the closest vet that would give them the to go button for breeding Ellie. Honestly, I have a gut feeling that Ellie needs to go to the vet, only Steve and Sarah don't want to cough up the cash for an appointment. Cough it up you two, you are the ones responsible for Ellie getting so sick that: she nearly died, had to have surgery, and now may be experiencing a health problem that could endanger her health.

As for any future female cat and dog the Maxwell's get I will pray for the pet and that they don't die a horrible and painful death because of their owners backyard breeding venture.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

A new post is up on the Maxwell blog from Chris and Anna Marie. There is a video of the family singing. The kids were cute and Anna Marie really looks like she is doing well. The only complaint I have is that right below it are the lyrics for a Christmas carol that they don't even sing in the video they posted. Like why not sing the song that you posted? 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Sarah never did any form of research. All she did was go find a vet that would say Ellie would be a good fit for breeding and go through an extensive testing process to make sure. She started pursuing the route when Ellie turned two. I read online that most breeders try to breed goldens at two age. Anyone on here can correct me with this statement. Sarah, literally, knew nothing about pyometra and replied to comments about the condition as though it is a very rare and uncommon disease on goldens, when it's not. Wannabe backyard breeder Sarah not knowing anything about pyometra pre-breeding venture tells me that she is unaware of any prolonged health issues Ellie may have. Chances are if Ellie isn't herself and starting to have problems, then the family is assuming that she just isn't herself because of the weather or something like that. Sarah and Steve waited until the last moment to take her to the vet.

As for going to the vet Sarah mentioned that she hates going to the vet and Ellie doesn't like going either. The vet is over an hour away, probably because that was the closest vet that would give them the to go button for breeding Ellie. Honestly, I have a gut feeling that Ellie needs to go to the vet, only Steve and Sarah don't want to cough up the cash for an appointment. Cough it up you two, you are the ones responsible for Ellie getting so sick that: she nearly died, had to have surgery, and now may be experiencing a health problem that could endanger her health.

As for any future female cat and dog the Maxwell's get I will pray for the pet and that they don't die a horrible and painful death because of their owners backyard breeding venture.

Two is considered the youngest you want to breed a dog as by then they’re finished growing (save for a few giant breeds where it’s closer to three) and have health testing and titling or work experience under their belt, OfA scores for example can’t be completed until the dog is done growing at two. Then there’s all the genetic testing for hereditary diseases and in goldens I know a lot of people watch lines super carefully due to the rate of cancer in the breed. And I seriously doubt a vet ACTUALLY cleared Ellie for breeding and yet somehow Sarah knew nothing of Pyometra. Further more while vets are great they are not who I’d trust to declare any dog breeding worthy, that would be the dogs breeder, the OFA clearances and experienced people in my breed. 

anyway if you can’t tell I have a lot of feelings about breeding and how it should only be done ethically and people like this piss me off. Team Ellie Deserves Better for me. Also my dog also hates the vet, but her feelings on the matter do not influence my choice to go. I could so see Steve and Sarah using “oh she hates the vet” as an excuse not to spend the money on it. 

#elliedeservesbetter

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I really like Anna. I know, I know toxic beliefs etc but I wish I had ever felt as at peace and a sense of goodness of fit as that woman! The kids looks quite spunky too. 

• Upvote 11

6 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

I really like Anna. I know, I know toxic beliefs etc but I wish I had ever felt as at peace and a sense of goodness of fit as that woman! The kids looks quite spunky too. 

And Josh officially plays guitar better than I do!

• Upvote 8

1. I found it odd that the only person who didn't speak in the video that they made because of social distancing to protect Anna was…Anna. ?

2. I hope Sarah never, ever breeds a dog. Aside from being totally clueless and needlessly adding to the pet population when there are so many perfectly wonderful dogs that need homes, it really pissed me off when she said that she wasn't going to do any background checks because she just knew that anyone who was willing to pay the fee for one of the puppies would take good care of it. Double ?

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

Christopher seemed to get a bit emotional at the beginning of the video.  It's been quite a tough year for that family.

Nice to see Anna looking good in the video. 

And we've said it before, but once again, her writing style is so much better than Sarah's.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic