IGNORED

Alyssa and John 7: Laura Ingalls, Something, Something...

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

And... the SOTDRT strikes again, or, to be more precise, the school of the "dinning" room table... (from Alyssa's insta story)

63D54527-FB55-4404-9DA8-47BCBE77432F.png

And the "dinning bench" too! She does it twice! Obviously she thinks that's how it's spelled.

I didn't know people made scrapbooks like that when planning how to decorate their home. We just sort of figured things out. I guess it's better to plan like she is. I do think her color choices thus far are the opposite of warm.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Jackie3 said:

And the "dinning bench" too! She does it twice! Obviously she thinks that's how it's spelled.

I didn't know people made scrapbooks like that when planning how to decorate their home. We just sort of figured things out. I guess it's better to plan like she is. I do think her color choices thus far are the opposite of warm.

don't forget the dinning chairs and dinning rug. 4 times. That is truly how she thinks it is spelled. Ugh those poor children. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

don't forget the dinning chairs and dinning rug. 4 times. That is truly how she thinks it is spelled. Ugh those poor children. 

And dinning room light. 5 times!

Misspelling a word like dining is particularly concerning bc it’s not an outlier in English. Her error indicates that she doesn’t understand basic rules of pronunciation such as long vowel sound before single consonant and short vowel sound before double consonants (e.g. pining vs pinning, caning vs canning, moping vs mopping, etc). This is a significantly more concerning than mid-evil/medieval, which is a more obscure word with Latin origins, and at least she misspelled it in a way that’s consistent with its pronunciation!

• Upvote 32

11 minutes ago, Johannah said:

And dinning room light. 5 times!

Misspelling a word like dining is particularly concerning bc it’s not an outlier in English. Her error indicates that she doesn’t understand basic rules of pronunciation such as long vowel sound before single consonant and short vowel sound before double consonants (e.g. pining vs pinning, caning vs canning, moping vs mopping, etc). This is a significantly more concerning than mid-evil/medieval, which is a more obscure word with Latin origins, and at least she misspelled it in a way that’s consistent with its pronunciation!

Yup, that's what I thought. It seems such an incomprehensible error for an English speaking person, because if she'd just spelled it the way it's pronounced it would have been fine. I wonder if it's a case of undiagnosed dyslexia (though I don't really know enough about it to say so for sure). Either way, I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the fact that she's homeschooling.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

The dining room designs didn't look warm at all, but the pages of the girls' rooms looked like she's planning for some color and warmth. Allie and Maci's room had a pale peach swatch (I'm assuming wall color) with a floral wallpaper and pink and gold accents. Lexi and Zoey's room had a pale pink paint swatch and several other colors for a "rainbow accent wall". Not really my style but at least they won't be living in sterile cold rooms. I did notice her handwriting where she wrote the girls' names on their pages looks like mine did when I wanted to make something look pretty in junior high, with frilly cursive and hearts to dot the i's. 

• Upvote 12

God Bless her. How does a homeschooling, fashion focused, mom of 4 littles who borders on obsessive with cleaning and order have time to scrap book her dream home designs? I really worry about what kind of parent a woman who was forced to adult and raise her own siblings from an early age actually becomes...

• Upvote 24

24 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

God Bless her. How does a homeschooling, fashion focused, mom of 4 littles who borders on obsessive with cleaning and order have time to scrap book her dream home designs? I really worry about what kind of parent a woman who was forced to adult and raise her own siblings from an early age actually becomes...

She does not cook (cooking and cleaning the kitchen is a lot of time!). She does not dress Lexi and Zoey, Allie does it and who knows what other babysitting chores she already has. Children spend long hours watching tv and Alyssa makes them sleep long naps and puts them at bed very early. 

In addition, I have no evidence of it, but children are probably punished if they disturb her mama. Also she uses Ezzo trainings, so if it's Maci's sleeptime, Alyssa can ignore her while doing her decoration album.

In short, she's less busy than other moms.

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 13

I really really hope Alyssa decides to put them in a private Christian school one day. At least when they are older. They need a better education than what Alyssa can give them. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 17

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really really hope Alyssa decides to put them in a private Christian school one day. At least when they are older. They need a better education than what Alyssa can give them. 

Unfortunately they don't, though, for the future Alyssa has planned for them. :(

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 2

41 minutes ago, FrumpyAtheist said:

Unfortunately they don't, though, for the future Alyssa has planned for them. :(

Here is a really scary thought. Based on what we see Alyssa writing and how uninvolved she seems with teaching her girls, can you imagine her daughters as adults and mothers homeschooling?

• Upvote 16

Alyssa is insanely lazy as a parent. So far her “homeschooling” consists of sitting Allie in front of videos. I don’t see much more in the future. 

• Upvote 12

Without any actual education happening, it's like they are playing telephone and a third generation of kids is coasting on the fumes of Kelly's college education. Now THAT is scary.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a feeling Alyssa will make most of the house different shades of gray and it will bore me to death. Well except for the two girl rooms. They will probably be pink and purple. But the rest of the house will probably be gray. 

I have to admit I'd love that. I really like grey as a wall color and love to add colorful furniture, rugs and plants.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Alyssa knowing the relationship between short and long vowel sounds and double letters has zero bearing on whether her girls learn about them, given her complete lack of interest or intention of teaching them anything herself. She could be completely illiterate or a genius with a bunch of degrees and the girls would be getting the exact same educations.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, ophelia said:

I have to admit I'd love that. I really like grey as a wall color and love to add colorful furniture, rugs and plants.

Yes, I can agree there. I like the neutral shades for the walls and have more colorful rugs and other pieces in the room. Its easier to change a rug then it is to repaint if you decide you want something different. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Alyssa knowing the relationship between short and long vowel sounds and double letters has zero bearing on whether her girls learn about them, given her complete lack of interest or intention of teaching them anything herself. She could be completely illiterate or a genius with a bunch of degrees and the girls would be getting the exact same educations.

Well, she checks and "corrects" their work. I'd hate for her to say, "No, honey, THIS is how you spell 'dinning'". . .

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

Alyssa is a thoughtless idiot. Wasn’t she posting to “normalise postpartum bodies” just the other day?  Today’s story has her showing off an enviable (to must of us) body and saying how excited to get back to working out she is. Oh and I don’t know where they are, but she still has 10lb to lose to get back to her pre pregnancy weight. Way to go, Alyssa, to make other women feel really good about their post party bodies /sarcasm

E6BC6607-F3A9-4B03-BAAF-62985D9EC1BF.jpeg

• Upvote 20
  • WTF 4
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Karma said:

Alyssa is a thoughtless idiot. Wasn’t she posting to “normalise postpartum bodies” just the other day?  Today’s story has her showing off an enviable (to must of us) body and saying how excited to get back to working out she is. Oh and I don’t know where they are, but she still has 10lb to lose to get back to her pre pregnancy weight. Way to go, Alyssa, to make other women feel really good about their post party bodies /sarcasm

And did a poll asking other moms if they came back to work out at 6 or 8 weeka pospartum. As if she didn't know that many women cannot workout that early, because not all births are easy as hers, neither have plenty of free time to work out and make up.

I'm as lucky as her in the easy births/recovery yet I'm ashamed of her posts. Mamy of my friends struggled with pospartum bodies or c-section recovery or sleepless nights etc. It's cruel to show them how slim and active you are!  

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

18 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

And did a poll asking other moms if they came back to work out at 6 or 8 weeka pospartum. As if she didn't know that many women cannot workout that early, because not all births are easy as hers, neither have plenty of free time to work out and make up.

I'm as lucky as her in the easy births/recovery yet I'm ashamed of her posts. Mamy of my friends struggled with pospartum bodies or c-section recovery or sleepless nights etc. It's cruel to show them how slim and active you are!  

I was still gushing blood and could barely walk at 3 weeks’ postpartum, after a labor resulting in a third degree tear requiring follow up surgery to remove the development of granulation tissue. Not that that’s necessarily typical either, but Alyssa seems to actually be clueless about the process of postpartum recovery, which doesn’t seem possible given the number of births constantly occurring in fundieland. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Karma said:

E6BC6607-F3A9-4B03-BAAF-62985D9EC1BF.jpeg

I did it the other way around. Dropped every bit of weight 5 days after giving birth and another 10 pounds by 3 weeks postpartum. Did nothing to lose the weight aside from on demand feeding 24/7.  That kid is now in kindergarten and I could still pass myself off as being 3-6 months pregnant..... I was still bleeding heavily 3 weeks postpartum and NOT exercising. 
Clearly I am not vain enough ?‍♀️

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I had stitches both times so at 3 weeks, I was still healing and sore in that area. Hell I was still bleeding 8 weeks after but I had retained placenta and needed a d&c right before my baby’s first Christmas. That was fun...

• Upvote 4
  • Love 10

Does she not realize not everyone is trying or can workout as early as even 8 weeks, and some need many months or just are not into workout culture at all and that is ok? I found in having a baby I had no energy for traditional workout but was more active with taking care of him and going on walks, and yes breastfeeding burns lots of calories. Workout/exercise culture is toxic AF in so many ways that are evident in her stupid ass instagram poll.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

Alyssa doesn't have a lot. She has very little education, she's barely literate, she doesn't have a lot of money or a career. She seems to love her family, but it keeps her from doing something she really wants--go shopping for clothes, flirt, be admired. Her little girls keep her trapped in the house most of the time (it's hard to go places with a newborn and three small girls). If she had been born into a better family, she'd be spending these years shopping with girlfriends, going to work in a new outfit to see if that new guy notices, lying on the beach to show off her bikini bod. Perfectly normal things to do in your 20's, for many young women!

So, instead, this is how she scratches that itch. She puts the girls in front of their "school," goes into the bedroom, takes a picture of her body, posts it, and asks "when do you guys start exercising again?"  Then she scrolls through her instagram, hungrily reading all the "You're gorgeous!" and "I can't believe you just had a baby" comments.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic