IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 6: A President-Elect Who Will Make Trump Irrelevant Again!!

GreyhoundFan

9 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Dear God. I pretty much expected Trump to behave like a spoiled toddler who didn't get his cookie, but how is it possible that the Republicans are STILL going along with this? Don't they realize how bad it makes them look? Do they have no self-respect at all?

Wait, no need to answer. On second thoughts, I'm not surprised. ?

My husband says this... Trump will form his own party and the GOP will be the third party, left with only a few halfway decent people. I do believe there are good Republicans, just not as many as there used to be. A lot of the dignity died when McCain died. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 14
  • Sad 4
  • Love 3

Something just occurred to me....say it wasn’t even close. Say Biden got 120 million votes and fuck face got 20 and only won a couple states in the south. I’m betting cash money that fucker would still be insisting he won. 

The day when that orange fuck is reporting to ADX Florence for the first day of a 500 year prison sentence can’t come soon enough 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

excerpts from :  https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/politics/trump-officials-ousted-burrowing/index.html

Since the election, more than a half-dozen senior officials across the government have either been fired, demoted or resigned. The biggest name so far has been former Defense Secretary Mark Esper, who Trump fired by tweet on Monday. A day later, the Pentagon's top policy official, James Anderson, resigned, and was replaced in an acting capacity by controversial retired Brig. Gen. Anthony Tata, whose confirmation was jettisoned amid bipartisan opposition earlier this year.

It's not clear whether the firings and resignations are part of a strategy to use the government levers of power in the final weeks of Trump's presidency, or simply cases where officials deemed insufficiently loyal to Trump are being forced out or leaving on their own volition.

Bolding mine.  If they are insufficiently loyal to Trump why would they leave NOW of all times, unless they were being given orders they can't in good conscious comply with.

Not being a conspiracy theorist or anything, but if you are Anti-Trump why would you leave now and not at any point in the last four years?

• Upvote 17

Great news, if true.  My biggest fear is someone like Trump, but smart.  If DJTJ and his sidekick are going to helm it we'll be fine.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Great news, if true.  My biggest fear is someone like Trump, but smart.  If DJTJ and his sidekick are going to helm it we'll be fine.

I know some trumpers that do not like either of them. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I'm not.  The Trump boot-lickers simply don't know the laws surrounding military residency and the unique issues military members and spouses face when it comes to voting.

I expect it from the Trump supporters whose hobbies include turning on a lamp, unscrewing the bulb, and sticking their tongue in the socket for shits and giggles, but when the Republican politicians who do know how military voting works go along with this nonsense, that's what gets me. Alienating reliable Republican voting demographics in service to that orange jackass in the White House is a mindbogglingly stupid decision in terms of a long-term strategy to retain Republican control.

• Upvote 14

What I really don't get is this. It very much looks like Trump is installing his lickspittles in places of power over the military. To me, that signifies that they are readying to use the military to remain in power. But if so, why on earth are they disparaging that very same military? Do they actually believe that just because Trump controls the top of the military, they will all simply jump to attention and fight for Trump just because someone at the top is telling them to keep him in office? When he's the one invalidating their votes? :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

Edited by fraurosena
clarity in a run-on sentence
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

44 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If they are insufficiently loyal to Trump why would they leave NOW of all times, unless they were being given orders they can't in good conscious comply with.

I think he must be asking them to do some really, really bad stuff. Stuff so bad that people who stuck with him for this long can't even go along with it. I think we are getting ready to move into a very worrisome time. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

What I really don't get is this. It very much looks like Trump is installing his lickspittles in places of power over the military. To me, that signifies that they are readying to use the military to remain in power. But if so, why on earth are they disparaging that very same military? Do they actually believe that just because Trump controls the top of the military, they will all simply jump to attention and fight for Trump just because someone at the top is telling them to keep him in office? When he's the one invalidating their votes? :confusion-scratchheadyellow:

There is no logic to what they are doing.  I would bet they are assuming the military will follow any orders, even if illegal.  Some will.  How many?  No one knows.

Esper refused to let him invoke martial law against the protesters and he is now fired.  Next in line was the deputy secretary of defense who agreed with Esper about not using martial law on protesters.  Martin, who he just appointed over deputy SOD refused to answer this question back when he was questioned by congress.  

Miller retired from the Army in 2014 and became a defense contractor.

From an article I just lost the link to.  I hope this shuffle is so Trump can try to line his pockets via contractor contacts than getting someone to green light insurrection response.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Dear God. I pretty much expected Trump to behave like a spoiled toddler who didn't get his cookie, but how is it possible that the Republicans are STILL going along with this? Don't they realize how bad it makes them look? Do they have no self-respect at all?

Wait, no need to answer. On second thoughts, I'm not surprised. ?

They are being held hostage by Trump’s base, and they are deathly afraid for what will happen in GA (senate runoff) if they don’t parrot Trump’s message. 

• Upvote 11

What I find encouraging in all this, is that Trump has lost the support of Rupert Murdoch. His far-reaching propaganda machine has screeched to a halt and even seems to be doing an about turn against him. When even Tucker Carlson as much as admits that there was no voter fraud, Hannity will not be far behind (if he wants to keep his job). I would love to be a fly on the wall when Trump sees that on his screen.

This means the brainwashing of the largest part of Trump’s base will change course. Trump was only believable because Faux News said he was. Now Faux is starting to tell them another story. Trump’s base will shrink rapidly. And with that, the drive to fight for Trump will diminish just as quickly. 

• Upvote 14

Just now, livinginthelight said:

This is a scary video. Pompeo is talking about a Trump second term as if it's fact.  Honestly, I'm getting very nervous about what they are getting ready to pull.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/politics/pompeo-transition-trump/index.html

Me too.  Read that some think he was clearly kidding, but the guy is SOS not a late night host.  If he was kidding that so wildly inappropriate under the circumstances I have no words.  

If he's not kidding...we're in for a hell of a test to our country.  

• Upvote 17

I’m not worried about what Trump and the government sycophants might do, because these kind of people never put any skin in the game or get their own hands dirty. I am worried about what the hardcore supporters might do. Who knows what these folks hear when the Trump government speaks. Who knows what that group might do. It seems many of them have little to lose.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I’m not worried about what Trump and the government sycophants might do, because these kind of people never put any skin in the game or get their own hands dirty. I am worried about what the hardcore supporters might do. Who knows what these folks hear when the Trump government speaks. Who knows what that group might do. It seems many of them have little to lose.

I agree to a point. I think Trump will physically refuse to leave, or short of that say he quits with out admitting he lost. 

What ever happens I am in terror mode 24/7. I calmed down after Biden won, but now the anxiety is cranking back up again 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 13

Ron Johnson being his normal nasty self:

image.png.df32a8f0690cd3e0b3e90ff21bac9216.png

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 3

Just in case anyone wants to know - Hannity will be revealing ballot corruption on his 9:00 show tonight. 

My eyes rolled so hard, I saw my brain. I wish Hannity would find his.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

On 11/9/2020 at 12:27 PM, Maggie Mae said:

She's the first one where it's actually feasible to keep her traditional 9-5 job. Michelle couldn't continue to teach? in Chicago when they lived in DC. I think Truman hired his wife as an aide, as she was not into the whole "first lady" thing. Nancy Reagan was an actress before the White House so technically she continued to work by filming all those PSAs about drugs and appearing in public. I don't know if Laura Bush worked before the White House. Barbara would have been past the age of retirement regardless. Betty Ford was a dancer. I don't know anything about Roselyn Carter. 

Edit: forgot Hillary. Well, she worked behind the scenes and eventually ran for the office herself. But she was a politician and lawyer before she was first Lady. 

Mrs. Obama was a lawyer, not a teacher.

The position of First Lady, though unpaid, is quite busy, full of events, appearances speeches, and other duties. It is more than a full-time job.  But, just like the presidency, it has not been adequately performed since January, 2017. Melania has NOT filled the duties as her predecessors did.  IIRC, there has only been ONE formal State Dinner during this administration, another event usually planned by the FL.  Most presidents have 6-10 State Dinners during one term. 

I can't imagine Mrs. Biden keeping a 9-5 job, with all that the First Lady position requires.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

All these shenanigans have me worried and what Pompeo said. This is nerve-wracking and I hope to Rufus we aren't headed towards some kind of violence. This doesn't seem like an administration getting ready to leave plus he's fucking barricaded the White House.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Jan 20th can’t come quickly enough. Trump’s becoming the ex who would rather kill their kids and the other parent than walk away peaceably. 

Edited by Giraffe
Spaces are good
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

IMO:  The lickspittles are being put there to identify and quell any unrest.  This will help ensure that if/when noxious commands come down they'll be obeyed, whether out of fear of retaliation or blind loyalty.  The disparagement will largely be viewed as noise and will, therefore, tend to be filtered out.

The phrase "I was just following orders" has had plenty of practice throughout history.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

IMO:  The lickspittles are being put there to identify and quell any unrest.  This will help ensure that if/when noxious commands come down they'll be obeyed, whether out of fear of retaliation or blind loyalty.  The disparagement will largely be viewed as noise and will, therefore, tend to be filtered out.

The phrase "I was just following orders" has had plenty of practice throughout history.

I read spec that he might be putting people in place to help cleanse the official record of things he doesn’t want next admin to see.

I don’t know what to think.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic