IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 6: A President-Elect Who Will Make Trump Irrelevant Again!!

GreyhoundFan

I'm surprised that Fauci hasn't been fired terminated yet.

• I Agree 5
  • Thank You 3

Just now, fraurosena said:

So, we're gearing up for another Saturday Night Monday Afternoon Massacre?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, apple1 said:

All of a sudden, for me starting day before yesterday, I was seeing discussion about Parler (I'm-gonna-take-my-toys-and-go-home) in my FB feed.

I really, really don't understand this. A bunch of people must be on some extreme right wing or conspiracy stuff email lists or something. I hadn't even seen or heard the name Parler before then.

About the only time I'm on Facebook is to check the Rod's or Bro Ween. A long distance friend & her hubs are on all the time. They also support Trump. When I checked on the Rod's this morning, I thought I'd look at her page to see what she'd been posting & if she's getting push back. Couldn't find her. Her hubs was gone also.  I emailed her & she said they had removed their accounts & we're now on Parler because free speech.  She said "Zuckerberg is censoring & restricting all posts about Trump. It's like being in a communist country!"  

I've never heard of Parler before.  And I most definitely won't be checking it out.

• Upvote 7

I'm guessing Parler is the 24x7x365 (or 366 in a leap year) equivalent of this...

rally.png.7b635c96a6142e345e8b7fe9501863e8.png

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 13

Trump can’t fire Fauci, fortunately. 

ETA: But Wray and Haspel are dunzo.

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

6 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

In shocked Fauci wasn’t first.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

About the only time I'm on Facebook is to check the Rod's or Bro Ween. A long distance friend & her hubs are on all the time. They also support Trump. When I checked on the Rod's this morning, I thought I'd look at her page to see what she'd been posting & if she's getting push back. Couldn't find her. Her hubs was gone also.  I emailed her & she said they had removed their accounts & we're now on Parler because free speech.  She said "Zuckerberg is censoring & restricting all posts about Trump. It's like being in a communist country!"  

I've never heard of Parler before.  And I most definitely won't be checking it out.

Read somewhere that in their TOS users agree to help with legal fees for platform if they are sued.  Having a crazy day so I haven’t verified this yet.  

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 4

2 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I'm guessing Parler is the 24x7x365 (or 366 in a leap year) equivalent of this...

rally.png.7b635c96a6142e345e8b7fe9501863e8.png

You'd think the Trump faithful wouldn't want to be on a site with a French word for a name. Parler means "to talk" in French.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

You'd think the Trump faithful wouldn't want to be on a site with a French word for a name. Parler means "to talk" in French.

True!  I had assumed it was either a misspelling or intentional "kyutsie" spelling of "parlor"

• Upvote 3

I always assumed we got the word parlor from parler, since it's a place to sit and talk, so it all circles around.

I had heard of Parler before this, from something I read on FJ. It's been in existence since mid-2018, but I guess all of the lemmings hadn't found it yet.

Edited by thoughtful
clarity
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

The stock market is indeed up because Biden won. Pfizer, who is developing the vaccine Trump mentions, is not part of his administration's 'Operation Warp Speed'. :pb_rollseyes:

Also, compare Trump's bloviating tweet to this reaction from the Biden Transition account @47of74 posted above:

image.thumb.png.054cc8ebb681dfe82ec048f21c2614d7.png

Such a small thing, but I notice and appreciate the phrase “women and men”.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

The WH residence staff likely wouldn't do that. Many of them work there for decades and take their jobs very seriously. I remember reading in Lillian Roger Parks' book, "My Thirty Years Backstairs At The White House", that her mother was maid to Florence Harding and after Warren was assassinated, Florence wouldn't leave the WH. Maggie (the maid) kept taking care of Florence for a week until she decided to leave so the Coolidges could move in.

I read that book!  (and there was a mini series on tv back in the day - which is why I read the book)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Just now, clueliss said:

I read that book!  (and there was a mini series on tv back in the day - which is why I read the book)

Ha, I saw that mini series too! Never realized there was a book as well. I’ll have to scour the internet to find a copy...

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I doubt many of them know that.

39 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Read somewhere that in their TOS users agree to help with legal fees for platform if they are sued.  Having a crazy day so I haven’t verified this yet.  

I didn't find it, but it might be hiding in there:  https://legal.parler.com/documents/useragreement.pdf

• Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I saw a FB discussion about Parler where someone said they were going to join but read the TOS and decided not to after seeing that they would agree to pay the legal fees of Parler if the site was sued. And that anything posted was the property of Parler and could be modified, monetized and distributed worldwide by Parler with no compensation given to the person who originally posted it. It then turned into a shriekfest about how warnings about Parler's TOS was just liberals trying to stop take free speech away from conservatives. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 6

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I saw a FB discussion about Parler where someone said they were going to join but read the TOS and decided not to after seeing that they would agree to pay the legal fees of Parler if the site was sued. And that anything posted was the property of Parler and could be modified, monetized and distributed worldwide by Parler with no compensation given to the person who originally posted it. It then turned into a shriekfest about how warnings about Parler's TOS was just liberals trying to stop take free speech away from conservatives. 

I found the same TOS CF did and didn't see anything about legal fees, but I didn't have time to read the whole thing.  

• Upvote 1

We aren't the only ones nervous about him having fired Esper.

The line of succession dictates that the deputy secretary of defense.   Trump skipped over that line of succession why?  What does he want to do that David Norquist couldn't have done?  I really hope the answer to that is nothing, he's just being petty for sport.

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Well Biden can hire anyone right back. What worries me is how many people in the current administration have NDAs

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

This 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/09/health/members-of-biden-covid-19-advisory-board/index.html

feels SO good.  Actual scientists and medical health experts.  (And not all or even mostly white men.)

What about Fauchi?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

8 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

What about Fauchi?

I assume Fauci will have an even more prominent role than the advisory board.  I don't know the whole structure but advisory boards are often more of a background/backbone and there are still plenty of roles up front for prominent folks.  Just a guess though.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, church_of_dog said:

I assume Fauci will have an even more prominent role than the advisory board.  I don't know the whole structure but advisory boards are often more of a background/backbone and there are still plenty of roles up front for prominent folks.  Just a guess though.

I didn't see him on the Covid task force list

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

I didn't see him on the Covid task force list

Is that a different group than the advisory board?  

As I said I think there are still plenty of prominent and public-facing roles other than advisory board.

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic