IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 6: A President-Elect Who Will Make Trump Irrelevant Again!!

GreyhoundFan

13 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

McCabe, the guy Trump fired a day before he qualified to retire at full pension.  

JC, this is live. They are rehashing all of this, NOW? Good thing Durbin is there talking about how the Senate did nothing, and use doing nothing as an indication that Trump and his campaign didn't collude with Russia.

• Upvote 7

16 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

McCabe, the guy Trump fired a day before he qualified to retire at full pension.  

I hope when Trump finally dies, his family follows his lead and stiffs whoever they commission to create his headstone/memorial/whatever... and that person then is brutally honest in creating it: "Here lies Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States, Responsible for a quarter million pandemic deaths, Liar, Cheat, and Spiteful Asshole to the end. Hated by many, missed only by those who inherited his debts."

• Upvote 17
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

She is a total nutjob:

There are some great comments in that thread:

image.png.b4238cd1699c6d47818fbefab8ec7d8c.png

And, as someone who collects handmade pottery, I am offended at talk of smashing clay jars.

• Upvote 12

27 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

While Democrats are stealing an election.

So, Pence gives a big "it ain't over 'til WE says it's over" speech, but then goes on vacation.  Good to know even the Trumpers don't believe their own bullshit.

And may I say I just love Angela Merkel?  She's so classy. 

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
fixed formatting
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 6

3 minutes ago, kpmom said:

And may I say I just love Angela Merkel?  She's so classy. 

Me too.  And not just because she kinda looks like my Gramma.  :) 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

I'm still gobsmacked that Republicans are going after the military like this.

From the linked story:

The allegations are upsetting to former Henderson resident Amy Rose, an attorney who still calls Nevada home.

"My husband and I have both been accused of fraud,” said Amy Rose. “We take our duties as citizens very seriously, and it’s just a shock to see that this accusation had been made without any basis in fact."

Rose, a former ACLU lawyer and eight-year Henderson resident, now lives in Davis, California. Her family moved two years ago as her husband, a major in the Air Force, chases his PhD in aerospace engineering. His schooling is paid for by the Air Force.

According to Rose, if you are in a state on orders for the military, families don’t have to change their residency. She says she and her husband's ability to vote in their home state is a state and federal process that families secure with the county registrar.

While Rose currently works with a Bay Area charity that helps homeless veterans, home means Nevada to her family.

“We were there for so long, got involved in the community,” said Rose. "Where the military vote, it’s considered their home because as military families we are not really able to set down roots in one place that often."

The list provided by the Trump campaign includes full nine-digit ZIP codes, each one only applying to a handful of homes on a single street. Rose says she and her husband cast absentee ballots and confirmed that her current and former ZIP codes align with two supposedly "fraudulent" votes on the list.

She said she believes the allegations weren’t thought through.

“The list has addresses that are literally on Air Force bases,” Rose said. “It says ‘Hill AFB.’ I think it says ‘Beale AFB.’ There’s joint bases.”

Edited by Cartmann99
cleaning up messes
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 6

Not often does something amusing get mused about on r/conservative but had to share that there are some who think Tucker, Hannity, et al need to leave Fox if they stand by their principals and go somewhere where the conservative view point is respected.  

Because some of them know Tucker has never been in this for the money, just wanting what's best for the country.  Per CNN Tucker makes $10 mil a year on his Fox contract.  He's not going anywhere.

I know - just anecdata from kool-aid drinkers but I found it funny.

After posting this I just saw this...

"At this stage, the fraud that we can confirm does not seem to be enough to alter the election result. We should be honest and tell you that. Of course, that could change," he said, on his Fox News show Tucker Carlson Tonight.

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson-election-fraud-may-not-alter-outcome-1546252?fbclid=IwAR2OziUqmUnIfzskU8Ll--Anw4ujIsrFX7VzwRB_J_Ek1soKNKIiZmsGSoc

He might lose some of his fan base with this one.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 17

Here's a reddit thread from the JonTron subreddit (racist, sexist gaming youtuber) of someone doing olympic medal mental gymnastics to explain how DEMS rigged the election for Biden but not the senate.

WARNING the use of the R word is rampant in this thread.

https://old.reddit.com/r/JonTron/comments/jpi7gu/our_boy_starting_another_controversy/gbgq8xz/

Best quote explaining this person's logic if you don't want to look there

my guy, what you said is that they didn’t steal the election in 2016 because they were confident that hilary would win. you said that they bought the polls this year, so that made them confident that they would win the senate races this year based on the polls they knew were false (?) so they didn’t bother stealing those races, and they that they cheated on the president because they thought trump as going to win, even though the polls had biden in a greater margin of victory than hilary had in 2016.

so what you’re telling me is, they bought the polls, they trusted the polls that they bought for the senate race, but they didn’t trust the polls for the senate race, even though they both showed the same Dem victory,and they all knew it was fake anyway.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 6

I would expect similar shenanigans about military votes to happen in NC, except that it's still leaning red. 

On the plus side, the more Republicans alienate the military, the better. The rest of the world, for the most part, has acknowledged Biden as the president-elect. No matter how crazy Trump gets, if the military accepts the election results and the majority of other nations do as well, he can whine and go boneless like a toddler and barricade himself in the oval office all he wants and it won't matter. 

The best thing that could possibly happen would be for Trump to be totally, completely, utterly ignored immediately following the inauguration. The media ignores him, Twitter disables his account, no one at all pays the least attention to him. Preferably that would happen due to him residing in prison, but it'd be torture for him no matter where he was.

Unfortunately he's got too many brainwashed fans for that to happen, I think.

Although maybe, just maybe, some of them will move on to another fandom or hobby, and come to their senses. Because for some of these people I feel like it's more a "belonging to a group" thing than actual political concerns. 

Once sports are back to normal, some of them might switch the Trump flags out for their favorite teams flags. They can go tailgate at a football game or camp out at a NASCAR race instead of a Trump rally. 

They need some other hobby or something to identify with other than "Trump supporter".

• Upvote 20

59 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm still gobsmacked that Republicans are going after the military like this.

I'm not.  The Trump boot-lickers simply don't know the laws surrounding military residency and the unique issues military members and spouses face when it comes to voting.  They talk a big game, but when it comes down to it they don't care to know and will happily disenfranchise military voters while saying they 'support the troops'.  

My co-worker moved here (VA) from Ohio, yet she can only vote in MI. This is because she's a military spouse whose spouse is a MI resident. While we were active duty, Mr. Rex and I legally voted in TX while living in all sorts of places. There are many thousands of these types of situations, and they're not 'voter fraud'.

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
grammer
  • Upvote 16

10 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I'm not.  The Trump boot-lickers simply don't know the laws surrounding military residency and the unique issues military members and spouses face when it comes to voting.  They talk a big game, but when it comes down to it they don't care to know and will happily disenfranchise military voters while saying they 'support the troops'.  

My co-worker moved here (VA) from Ohio, yet she can only vote in MI. This is because she's a military spouse whose spouse is a MI resident. While we were active duty, Mr. Rex and I legally voted in TX while living in all sorts of places. There are many thousands of these types of situations, and they're not 'voter fraud'.

Yep.  As a Navy wife we always voted in our home state.  I get their deception but Idk how someone on their team hasn't pointed out how dumb this looks.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

17 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yep.  As a Navy wife we always voted in our home state.  I get their deception but Idk how someone on their team hasn't pointed out how dumb this looks.

Former navy wife here and I’m shocked at these attacks on mail in ballots. A lot of my military friends are upset at this.

One of the responses I’ve seen on Facebook was that we should only do in person voting... yeah that isn’t going to work at ALL with the military. I always ask them who would pay for my $2000 plane ticket from Japan and there is never any response to that.

• Upvote 19

I think that their, like Trump's, "Support the troops!" rah rah is just window dressing, for the most part. Trump thinks people who join the military are "losers and suckers" and even during his campaign regularly insulted the military and their families (though aimed at a specific person, usually). I was sure that would insult many in his "base", but apparently it didn't, somehow. 

But yeah, Trump has been demonizing mail-in ballots since he realized the pandemic was going to be bad (which was well before he ever admitted that anything was wrong) - I'm not surprised that he and his bootlickers are still attacking them, even when they're military ballots from overseas. 

His whole point was to make sure his supporters voted in person on Election Day, and then do everything he could to throw out all votes that were not in person on Election Day. He doesn't care about military ballots, he wants all mail-in votes disqualified because he knows that Democrats have been far more likely to stay home, follow CDC recommendations, and therefore vote by mail. He'll give up a few votes here and there if it means he wins. He'll do anything at all if it means he wins. (Except, you know, work and care about the people of the US, or the environment, or anything that Obama might have liked or done. If Obama thinks it's good, it's automatically bad. No matter what. Except golf, because reasons.)

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7

13 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I think that their, like Trump's, "Support the troops!" rah rah is just window dressing, for the most part. Trump thinks people who join the military are "losers and suckers" and even during his campaign regularly insulted the military and their families (though aimed at a specific person, usually). I was sure that would insult many in his "base", but apparently it didn't, somehow. 

But yeah, Trump has been demonizing mail-in ballots since he realized the pandemic was going to be bad (which was well before he ever admitted that anything was wrong) - I'm not surprised that he and his bootlickers are still attacking them, even when they're military ballots from overseas. 

His whole point was to make sure his supporters voted in person on Election Day, and then do everything he could to throw out all votes that were not in person on Election Day. He doesn't care about military ballots, he wants all mail-in votes disqualified because he knows that Democrats have been far more likely to stay home, follow CDC recommendations, and therefore vote by mail. He'll give up a few votes here and there if it means he wins. He'll do anything at all if it means he wins. (Except, you know, work and care about the people of the US, or the environment, or anything that Obama might have liked or done. If Obama thinks it's good, it's automatically bad. No matter what. Except golf, because reasons.)

Trump could care less about the troops, most of the others too. The military and the veterans are only valuable for their votes. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

Trump could care less about the troops, most of the others too. The military and the veterans are only valuable for their votes. 

This.  Except they also see their value in being cannon fodder for whatever military action they see fit.  

4 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Trying to change the rules AFTER the election seems very banana republic to me.

That's because it is.

FFS I am so not the rah-rah patriotic 'murican at all, but come on...this is not who we are.  Wtf is the GOP going along with this given the perception?  (Not crediting them with fairness, but some of them are smart enough to know how bad the optics are on this.)

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 5

9 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This.  Except they also see their value in being cannon fodder for whatever military action they see fit.  

That's because it is.

FFS I am so not the rah-rah patriotic 'murican at all, but come on...this is not who we are.  Wtf is the GOP going along with this given the perception?  (Not crediting them with fairness, but some of them are smart enough to know how bad the optics are on this.)

Yea, that too :(

And I'm also not a rah rah patriot but how embarassing we look to so much of the world. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Facts don’t matter. They use the tactic of spamming their supporters with the same messages over and over again, until the supporters just take it as fact. 

In order to understand Trumps play book, all you have to do is look at his previous behaviors to know what his next complaint about his opponent will be. 

Last Summer Trump start talking about mail in ballots. He was setting the stage for what his major complaint would be when he lost this election. He also had his solution, the courts. That is always his default, even if he never wins via that method. It all comes full circle when he can forever complain about how he and his supporters were robbed of this election. The icing, is that RBG died and he could ram ACB down our throats, and the cherry is the tax payers will likely pay for his court costs, because he, personally, never pays.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

This is in reference to the undersecretary resigning when Barr issued the memo for AGs to conduct investigations into voter fraud.  

These people who are "resigning" need to march from their offices, find a place to set down their box filled with their desk plants and photos, and head to the media to explain exactly why they're leaving.  And they ALL need to do it, one after the other.  

Biden has said he will appoint a fair and qualified DA and let him make the decisions regarding investigations/charges against the Trump administration.

That's how it's supposed to work.  I am fervently hoping the person he picks is fair and will seek justice where the law was broken.

• Upvote 15

Dear God. I pretty much expected Trump to behave like a spoiled toddler who didn't get his cookie, but how is it possible that the Republicans are STILL going along with this? Don't they realize how bad it makes them look? Do they have no self-respect at all?

Wait, no need to answer. On second thoughts, I'm not surprised. ?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic