IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 6: A President-Elect Who Will Make Trump Irrelevant Again!!

GreyhoundFan

With the crap going on in trumplandia, Meidas Touch made this great ad to smack Jones Day, the law firm doing a bunch of the dirty work for Twitler on his election lawsuits.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Love 3

22 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I am moving back into anxiety mode too.

Me too. The focus is on Trump and we're all going, "Just the usual chaos presidency."  But that's all Trump can do is chaos.  My profound concern is that there IS three-dimensional chess going on, but I haven't been able to pin down who or what group is the mastermind.  Part (all?) of it is McConnell.  But look at the big picture.  Every. Single. Time  the Democrats have tried to make a move over the last years, there is someone already in place at EVERY LEVEL of government to block it. Barr in placed at DoJ.  The Mueller investigation ratfucked. People ignore subpoenas with impunity. Loyalists are in place three or four deep at every government agency.  John McEntee, Trump's former body man, is now head of personnel who is tasked with identifying and removing anyone who is not a Trump loyalist. 

They are trying to the turn civil service employment into loyalty test.  This is huge. 

Who identified Louis De Joy ahead of time,  as the guy who needed to be in place at the post office to fuck with mail-in ballots?  

I simply cannot see the changes at the Pentagon and the installation of Trump loyalists (Ezra Cohen-Watnick, FFS) as benign in any way shape or form. Trump's huge financial and legal exposure coupled with very little or no source of income when he leaves the WH certainly motivates him to stay, but I deeply fear today that right-wing Republicans, The Federalist folks, and whoever else are in the process of using Trump as cover to set up an actual coup attempt. 

Pompeo discussing a 2nd Trump term as Secretary of Fucking State is sending a message, and it's not a good one.  Pompeo has not backed down from his comment. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 11

Marco gives a convincing argument /s

• WTF 10

The four assholes of the apocalypse.

image.png.0d9324aad3f4a257e983fcea13740e0b.png

• Upvote 12

32 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

those might be the four, but I think Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, and Ted Cruz will be right along with them.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 12

Holy shit, I kind of knew that the most dangerous time was after the election. But when Fox news called Biden president elect and seemingly turned their back at 45 I honestly had hope the Trump admin would implode. Stay safe everyone and hopefully it won‘t be as bad as we think now.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is too funny:

Speaking of misspellings - 

Mississippi Republican calls for his state to ‘succeed from the union’ after Biden victory

Way to fly your proud banner of being 46th in education, Mississippi GOP.

Can't link atm, but it's from the Washington Post.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm thinking more along the lines of  The Four Asshats of the Trumpocalypse. 

Happily, Doug Collins lost his primary and we won't have to deal with his obnoxiously sorry ass in Congress after early January.   He was (and remains) a total dick. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

A good one from Lawrence O'Donnell:

My husband and I are both Independents living/voting in CA. For the past 2 weeks, Trump’s campaign has been spamming us with emails asking for money. As if CA was ever going to go for Trump...he was just looking for money to put in his own pocket. God I love the unsubscribe button. How did I ever get on that list, because I certainly never subscribed to it?  Oh and you could not dump these emails in junk/spam as that option was grayed out. Yet Rubio goes on Hannity to proclaim that Dems are crazy. Well, leadership Republicans are criminal, checkmate!

• Upvote 13

Keith Olberman did a good piece on the states electing the most awful republicans being some of the states who are most reliant on funds from the federal government.

This asshole who wants Mississippi to "succeed" from the union might want to consider that they get one of this highest rates of "government handouts" in that 43.3% of their general revenue is granted by the federal government.

https://taxfoundation.org/federal-aid-reliance-rankings/#:~:text=That year%2C the states where,and Kentucky (40.9 percent).

I'm in a state along with NY, California, Connecticut, and others which pay billions more into the federal government than we receive back.  States like Mississippi and Kentucky get billions more in federal money than they put in.  So....on a macro level those states are relying on others with more money for aid just to survive.  Where are all the bootstrap comments about that, GOP?

Like a young child threatening to run away from home, not even thinking about the fact that Mommy and Daddy are the ones paying for food and shelter.  Secession my ass.

(Don't get me wrong, I personally want healthcare, no child hungry, good schools for everyone in this country and if that means states with less money get it from others that's fine.  It's how it's supposed to work as a united country.  I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of some states repeatedly electing people out to actively harm our country (McConnell and Graham to name but two) so, as KO said in his youtube piece, those of us in states providing the bulk of the financial resources for the nation have to pay for their evil crap.)

• Upvote 24

3 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Where is it misspelled?

In the "to" section at the top.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

"Be very afraid of a post-defeat Trump"

Relax. Breathe. Wait.

And then go ahead and be very afraid — not of President Trump’s post-election denial but of a post-defeat Trump. The narcissist’s maw is never filled.

Though it seems likely that Trump’s legal challenges will be resolved in President-elect Joe Biden’s favor, The Don isn’t the sort to step graciously through the exit. If previous presidents earned the “Teflon” title, Trump is Gorilla Glue — he sticks to everything. He will go away, but it won’t be pretty and it won’t be for long.

Nary a grudge will be forgotten. If he ultimately accepts his fate as the vanquished candidate, he will stay in politics with an eye toward revenge and another run in 2024. He’s already begun the process. While Biden gives president-elect speeches, Trump is busy creating a political action committee to raise money for a future he believes was snatched from him.

“President Trump is not going anywhere anytime soon,” Republican strategist Matt Gorman told the New York Times. “He’s going to insert himself in the national debate in a way that’s unlike any of his predecessors.”

Hoo-boy. Who isn’t tired of that voice, that interesting sniffle and those word salads full of bluster and bunk? I mean, not to put too fine a point on it.

Even so, the president and his supporters are entitled to their legal challenges. If ballots need to be recounted, we’ll recount them. But it seems unlikely if not impossible that tens of thousands of ballots could have been cast fraudulently, which would be necessary to overturn the election. Moreover, there is no evidence of fraud.

In the meantime, the Saturday night acceptance speeches by Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala D. Harris are normal procedure under the circumstances. Remember norms? I have a hankering for them. Biden’s selection of a task force to study the pandemic and develop a plan is also normal. Trump’s refusal to work with a transition team is abnormal, but that’s what we’ve come to expect from him.

The race was close, give Trump that. In some cases, the razor-thin difference between winning and losing in a handful of states was enough to give his supporters hope that something might break in his favor. But Trump’s own desperate actions won’t speed that plow. On Monday, he fired Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper — via Twitter, of course, because America’s commander in chief is a coward. Others may face the same fate.

Hard to see how that could help. Why would an outgoing president 71 days away from leaving office choose to eliminate our national security heads and replace them with temps? Eleventh-hour score-settling and strutting a while longer on the stage do come to mind, but any number of potential consequences are frightening to consider.

That’s while he’s in office. Afterward, there’s reason to worry about what havoc a vengeful Trump might create with a brain full of classified secrets. In May 2017, Trump blurted out classified information in a meeting with Russian officials that may have proved helpful to our adversaries and endangered our allies. Trump is like a child who knows a secret and blabs to impress others and bask in their appreciation. Which, with Russians, might have been considerable.

We can readily envision Trump as ex-president, roaming the land, holding enormous rallies to himself, complaining that he was robbed, that Biden is a fraud and that the media are to blame. He will continue to rule the GOP by fear, stoking anxieties about foreign invaders stealing their jobs and raping their daughters, and by doing so keep saner voices in his party from rising.

There’s no end, in other words, to the mischief an ex-president Trump could perpetrate upon the country. If Biden’s hope is to rally Americans to a common sense of purpose, Trump’s will be to sow divisions in perpetuity. It’s who he is. The pandemic in retrospect, knowing what he knew and when, seems to have merely whet his appetite for control — the ultimate control — over people’s lives and, as it turns out, their deaths.

It will be hard to relax while the country remains in limbo, but Trump will be forced to take his leave in January. With luck — or an attentive God — he won’t be back.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 2

I think the MSM (the sane components) need to stop talking about Trump and the election. They need to start focusing on Covid, Covid, Covid and whatever Biden and Harris or other branches of Congress are doing. Show educational pieces on how mask wearing and social distancing work. Give basic science lessons. I know it would be hard. Start focusing on the future and what the US might look like in the first 6 months of 2021; the changes that Biden and Harris might be focused on. I don’t care if it’s filler BS for the next 70 days. They all need to stop giving Trump’s tantrums undue attention. Talk about the stock market or foreign governments. Hell, pipe in Christmas music and movies for the next 10 weeks, IDC. Send reporters to GA and spam the audience with how to give donations of money and time to the Senate races. No media attention for Trump and his government sycophants. 

• Upvote 14

I partly agree, but not completely.

I think we are seeing a coup happen right under our noses. @Howl nailed it. If we get too complacent and ignore what Trump is pulling, the coup will succeed. I agree with Howl that this is bigger than Trump and the pieces are in place.

So we need to still talk about the election and Trump's very dangerous moves.

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think the MSM (the sane components) need to stop talking about Trump and the election. They need to start focusing on Covid, Covid, Covid and whatever Biden and Harris or other branches of Congress are doing.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

4 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

I partly agree, but not completely.

I think we are seeing a coup happen right under our noses. @Howl nailed it. If we get too complacent and ignore what Trump is pulling, the coup will succeed. I agree with Howl that this is bigger than Trump and the pieces are in place.

So we need to still talk about the election and Trump's very dangerous moves.

I think when the time comes, Trump, if necessary, will be pulled out of DC by the appropriate authorities. Others are not going to risk incarceration to follow the mandate of a lame duck past president and current nobody. It’s not going to happen.

If you want to fear anyone, fear the yahoos with their long guns and semi- automatics, with little to lose, and who might welcome incarceration or death...that’s what so dangerous about Trumps’s behaviors. Those are the people we all should fear. They are hearing a different message than the rest of us, and that is why the message needs to be stopped, or at the very least, severely diminished. Make those folks have to work very hard to find a ridiculous messenger.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Popping in to ask if any Canadian fj-ers wanna adopt me so I can get across the border? I’m just outside the “extended family” qualifier ??

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Yeah - I'd like the media to cover Trump - but in a more detatched factual way. Cut away when he lies. Point out the truth. Don't let him claim the election.

At this point I could see Trump and his closest holed up in the oval on Inauguration Day, but at that point he'll just be a trespasser. Keep Biden and Harris away from him, send in a team trained to deal with hostage situations (or the same guys with tear gas and rubber bullets that cleared the way to the church for a photo op - that works too), and let the legitimate government continue to run even if it's not actually IN the White House the first few days. Biden won the election. The house is still held. That leaves the senate to choose whether to follow the legit government or continue kissing Trump's ass - and the democrats in the senate will follow Biden, as will some of the smarter republicans. I think enough of them will drop Trump that the senate can still mostly function. That just leaves the Supreme Court, and while three of them were Trump appointees, they're in for life now so less bound to his whims, and the constitution is clear.

I do think Trump is attempting a coup. I don't see it working. The majority of the rest of the world has already made it clear they are accepting Biden as the winner. 

I don't see why so many Republicans are sticking with Trump on this. I'm sure he's got dirt on some of them, but he can't possibly be controllling the entire party. They need to separate from him decisively. They'll lose his base, but they will keep the majority of republicans who actually have brains. 

We can't let the inmates run the asylum anymore. 

• Upvote 17

38 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think the MSM (the sane components) need to stop talking about Trump and the election. They need to start focusing on Covid, Covid, Covid and whatever Biden and Harris or other branches of Congress are doing. Show educational pieces on how mask wearing and social distancing work. Give basic science lessons. I know it would be hard. Start focusing on the future and what the US might look like in the first 6 months of 2021; the changes that Biden and Harris might be focused on. I don’t care if it’s filler BS for the next 70 days. They all need to stop giving Trump’s tantrums undue attention. Talk about the stock market or foreign governments. Hell, pipe in Christmas music and movies for the next 10 weeks, IDC. Send reporters to GA and spam the audience with how to give donations of money and time to the Senate races. No media attention for Trump and his government sycophants. 

I agree with you on ignoring the nonsense but as much as if love to put him in the past as long as he’s firing people and replacing them with his own we need to know about every one of those.  And we need to hear how the SOS said trumps second term transition will go smoothly.

we can ignore his tantrums, but we need to be hyper vigilant about the machinations behind the scenes and that means making them all public. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 13

3 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Yeah - I'd like the media to cover Trump - but in a more detatched factual way. Cut away when he lies. Point out the truth. Don't let him claim the election.

At this point I could see Trump and his closest holed up in the oval on Inauguration Day, but at that point he'll just be a trespasser. Keep Biden and Harris away from him, send in a team trained to deal with hostage situations (or the same guys with tear gas and rubber bullets that cleared the way to the church for a photo op - that works too), and let the legitimate government continue to run even if it's not actually IN the White House the first few days. Biden won the election. The house is still held. That leaves the senate to choose whether to follow the legit government or continue kissing Trump's ass - and the democrats in the senate will follow Biden, as will some of the smarter republicans. I think enough of them will drop Trump that the senate can still mostly function. That just leaves the Supreme Court, and while three of them were Trump appointees, they're in for life now so less bound to his whims, and the constitution is clear.

I do think Trump is attempting a coup. I don't see it working. The majority of the rest of the world has already made it clear they are accepting Biden as the winner. 

I don't see why so many Republicans are sticking with Trump on this. I'm sure he's got dirt on some of them, but he can't possibly be controllling the entire party. They need to separate from him decisively. They'll lose his base, but they will keep the majority of republicans who actually have brains. 

We can't let the inmates run the asylum anymore. 

And no more pressers from people with ridiculous statements and antics, as an example, Mike Pompeo. I see he is hitting the road for an overseas tour, good. 

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree with you on ignoring the nonsense but as much as if love to put him in the past as long as he’s firing people and replacing them with his own we need to know about every one of those.  And we need to hear how the SOS said trumps second term transition will go smoothly.

we can ignore his tantrums, but we need to be hyper vigilant about the machinations behind the scenes and that means making them all public. 

Once Biden is installled, doesn’t he have the ability to right/counter the decisions made in these few weeks? 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I think when the time comes, Trump, if necessary, will be pulled out of DC by the appropriate authorities. Others are not going to risk incarceration to follow the mandate of a lame duck past president and current nobody. It’s not going to happen.

If you want to fear anyone, fear the yahoos with their long guns and semi- automatics, with little to lose, and who might welcome incarceration or death...that’s what so dangerous about Trumps’s behaviors. Those are the people we all should fear. They are hearing a different message than the rest of us, and that is why the message needs to be stopped, or at the very least, severely diminished. Make those folks have to work very hard to find a ridiculous messenger.

Yes he will be removed but I think we need to fear both, atm.

he replaced the SOD who refused to order martial law on protesters with someone who refused to rule it out.  I am afraid of his crazy base, but also what he’s doing that could protect them and kill innocent people if the unrest starts.

Idk who is behind the scenes pulling the strings but if there is a strategy happening with these firings we need to be scared and alert af.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Once Biden is installled, doesn’t he have the ability to right/counter the decisions made in these few weeks? 

I think Biden's going to have so many fires to put out that California and Colorado combined will look like a tiny campfire in comparison.

I just hope they aren't literal fires, at any point.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic