IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 6: A President-Elect Who Will Make Trump Irrelevant Again!!

GreyhoundFan

18 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Just read CNN's article about potential Biden cabinet picks, and was nearly brought to tears over the idea that his prospective Sec of the Interior, Rep. Deb Haaland, would be the first Native American to hold that position.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/politics/biden-harris-administration/index.html

I kept the article open, as they said they were going to update as they know more (the only one on there that is official, as of now, is Klain).

Looking at that list, it's such a pleasure to see both diversity and a sense that these are people who will have expertise to do the actual jobs in question (what a concept!).

Trump's criteria seemed to be white, related to him or willing to kiss his ass, and having absolutely no scruples.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10

14 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I kept the article open, as they said they were going to update as they know more (the only one on there that is official, as of now, is Klain).

Looking at that list, it's such a pleasure to see both diversity and a sense that these are people who will have expertise to do the actual jobs in question (what a concept!).

Trump's criteria seemed to be white, related to him or willing to kiss his ass, and having absolutely no scruples.

Trump picks= donor$.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, church_of_dog said:

Just read CNN's article about potential Biden cabinet picks, and was nearly brought to tears over the idea that his prospective Sec of the Interior, Rep. Deb Haaland, would be the first Native American to hold that position.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/politics/biden-harris-administration/index.html

I have seen speculation that Governor inslee of Washington is also being considered for a cabinet post. He just won a third term in Washington, a rarity. We would have our own inspirational lieutenant governor become governor. He's visually impaired, having lost his eyesight when he was eight with a bout with cancer

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Trump picks= donor$.

Oh, yeah - I forgot that part. I was thinking of Javanka, Miller, and others chosen for family connection and ability to do evil.

There's also "I have something on them" - that may account for a few.

Just now, Audrey2 said:

I have seen speculation that Governor inslee of Washington is also being considered for a cabinet post.

He is listed in that article.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, WarriorJane said:

What scares me about this stat is that's 21% of Americans living in an alternate reality.   That's a significant number.  That means 1 in 5 people I potentially encounter don't just have a different political ideology than I do, it means they are off the rails.   

No, it means the 3% who believe Trump won are living in an alternate reality. The remaining 18% are likely just not watching the news very much or at least not following it closely and hear phrases like “recount”, “lawsuit in Pennsylvania”, “too close to call”, “Georgia runoff” etc and are confused about what it all means. They probably think that not calling Georgia & Arizona means the result isn’t known yet, or at least THEY don’t know what the result is and what’s happening. The ignorance is sad, but it’s not as terrifying as the 3% in complete denial. It’s also worth re-stating that almost 80% said Biden won but Biden definitely did not win by 80% of the vote - people who did not vote for your guy will stand by democracy.

I know I’ve been saying for months that I thought regardless of how the election would go, America seemed incredibly divided and possibly headed for civil war.  And I agree that there’s some really concerning things happening that people should be aware of. But I also think perhaps fear causes more harm than good right now, and it’s best to seek out news and communities that will keep you informed and alert but not afraid. Plenty of people in here have talked about the crazy things Republicans and Trumpers (the two are not always synonyms) fear that motivate them to vote for Trump, communism and mandatory vaccines and whatnot. Those things are baseless leaps of logic but I imagine every time Biden mentions Covid they have a fear response, and some of his actual statements are things they strongly disagree with and see as a slippery slope (e.g. lockdowns). Likewise I think it’s totally warranted to distrust these sycophants being placed in strategic places, but maybe we should do less speculating about what they’re planning? I don’t know, I’m not there and I don’t want to sound like it’ll all be fine when it might not. But I think purely from a mental health perspective the talk about what “could” happen is less helpful. For my part, I apologise for using terms like “civil war” so freely instead of sticking to facts. In a practical sense, I’d be buying a months supply of non-perishable food but thanks to covid most of you have probably done that anyway. 

• Upvote 6

Trump is still peddling his nonsense though:

What I know is that Dominion is a documentary about how humans treat animals raised for consumption. It shows  coverage of how animals are being slaughtered and the torture they all go through throughout their whole life. It’s so horrific that most people can’t watch beyond 10 minutes.

Somehow I don’t think Trump is one of them.

• Thank You 4

Can someone please cue up the music to The People's Court?

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

On 11/8/2020 at 7:36 AM, SPHASH said:

Kate McKinnon is a National Treasure:

Isn't that the truth!!!!  Her Jeff Sessions and her Rudy Guiliani are so spot on, but so creepy that you have a hard time accepting what you're seeing, lol!  When she leaves SNL, they are going to be so bereft.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic