IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 4: Counting On (And On And On)

GreyhoundFan

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I would bet real money we'll have a temporary President Pence before President Biden.

Won't mother be pleased?

I think you are right. If for no other reason than to have Pence pardon him at the federal level. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

Sadly, I could see Twitler going for this, even though it's obviously satire:

image.png.13ee8633cae5afd0f57703ced524c6e4.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 25

Jennifer Medina, in Phoenix 25m ago

Mike Noble, a Phoenix-based pollster, told me: “That’s a wrap for the presidential contest in AZ. Trump needed almost 60% on this ballot drop, he got very low 50s. #Ballgame.”

Per NYT again. 

• Thank You 12
  • Love 1

...and I'm in my first family FB fight about all of this. Honestly, can't believe I lasted this long. 

• Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 12

Yeahhh, he's not going quietly into the night. He just tweeted about military ballots in GA (that aren't due till this evening).

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 1.40.04 PM.png

• Upvote 13

23 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

My grandma had that... I think it's a side effect of a medication. He's also 78, soooo.

Not wishing death on anyone, only speculating:

I have been thinking recently of how old so many prominent U.S. politicians are and how we've become inured to it. But with how crazy 2020 is, I wouldn't be surprised if some prominent passings happen of both politicians I like and don't like. I've been bracing myself for this for a while. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

I know it’s frustrating, but I’m ok with media outlets being conservative on calling the last outstanding states.

Nevada will accept ballots for another *four* days.  PA is putting ballots which arrived after Tuesday aside since there is a chance SCOTUS will invalidate them.  Also, military and overseas ballots have until 5pm today to show up in GA. It’s just good messaging to wait until it really is a done deal. 

And yes, USPS did find more ballots but we don’t know if they were postmarked on time. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Yeahhh, he's not going quietly into the night. He just tweeted about military ballots in GA (that aren't due till this evening).

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 1.40.04 PM.png

Oh so NOW he cares about mail in ballots? Because they are military? 

From my Facebook feed, I can tell you that a lot of military folk aren't happy with Trump pretty much saying all week that their votes shouldn't count. 

Or the people saying the military should go home to vote. Yeah.... that's impossible for the entire military to be home on election day. And would the government pay for their travel home? Because it would have cost me $2000 just for ME for the 2012 election when we were in Japan. 

• Upvote 22

I like this one.

Per reddit a lot of Trump supporters are posting how they want to leave the country now.

So now they know how a lot of us have felt for the last 4 years.

Oh and to all countries of the world who are not the US, may God be with you if any of them actually emigrate.  If any country is going to get an influx of ragey, angst-fueled Americans they'd be much better off if it were people fleeing Trump as opposed to the simpletons wanting sanctuary now.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 14

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Per reddit a lot of Trump supporters are posting how they want to leave the country now.

So now they know how a lot of us have felt for the last 4 years.

Oh and to all countries of the world who are not the US, may God be with you if any of them actually emigrate.  If any country is going to get an influx of ragey, angst-fueled Americans they'd be much better off if it were people fleeing Trump as opposed to the simpletons wanting sanctuary now.

Is any country even letting Americans in right now due to our covid numbers? I know we were pretty much blocked from international travel for a while. 
And I'd love to know where they think is a "better place" than the US for what they want....

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

45 minutes ago, pook said:

Except that he had that purple/black hand recently pictured and I really wonder what's up with his health.

I'd lay money on it being as simple as him being a senior white man and therefore probably having thin skin and being on blood thinners and having whacked his hand into something, honestly. Occam's Razor.

I don't think I'm going to fully relax until January 22. Right now I'm leveling out at cautiously optimistic. There might be a flare of slight relief once the remaining states are called, if the current trends hold, and another one when all the counting is done, but I'm not holding out much hope that he and followers are going to accept that he done pissed off too many people.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 11

11 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Join with me!

Na na na na, na na na na, HEY HEY HEY...

But yeah, where would they GO? Pretty much every other "first world" country on the planet has things they hate like social safety nets and nationalized health care, and these people are too racist and inflexible to go somewhere that speaks another language or isn't majority white.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 6

I'm sure it will be epic, given the firehose of fucknettery he's been spewing.

image.png.f06f554a9e02dcadc7c094f6a5e397f4.png

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 12

4 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

@HerNameIsBuffy Lol, where would they even go? I'm pretty sure the US is the most conservative / religious 'developed' nation.

They are flailing in frustration.  Which I do get since if I had a $1 for every time in the last 4 years I'd wished I could get the hell out of here I would have enough money to bribe a country to take me.

Perhaps instead of leaving the country they could invent a time machine and go back to whatever time that never existed when they think America was so great.

• Upvote 19

Ok. Honest question from a Canadian. 

Does every state have different voting rules or does it just look this way to an outsider? 

I get states running state elections their own way but you'd think there should be some consistency for a FEDERAL election. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He'll be doing that to the sound of crickets as all the news stations swiftly cut him off and switch to coverage of Biden and Harris. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

And if this happens I hope the networks cut away and leave him rambling to a dead mic.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 5

The one good thing about this taking forever is that people are learning more than they probably ever wanted (but really needed) to know about how votes are counted.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 11

1 minute ago, Skyline said:

Does every state have different voting rules or does it just look this way to an outsider? 

I get states running state elections their own way but you'd think there should be some consistency for a FEDERAL election. 

Every state has different voting rules which IMO is insane.

I agree completely that we should be consistent, but the differences are crazy.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, Skyline said:

Honestly I live here and I'm confused. 

Ostensibly, Republicans like to leave as much as possible to individual states and are not big fans of federal regulations. Unless those regulations are about abortion or help big corporations or help themselves stay in power, of course.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 9

I am flipping between Fox news and CNN.  

Only because I am not a nice person and I am enjoying watching them twist themselves into pretzels trying to spin everything and anything they can.

?  ??

And though I can’t  drink right now because of the meds...

:beer: 

You can’t properly enjoy One of those nice Philly baked pretzels without a beer.  And the pretzel has to be ripped with ballpark mustard 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 5

2 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Yes. Every state does have their own rules. 

When I'm queen of the world, there will be some standards for how states administer elections so there's some cohesion in laws and rules between the states. VOTE FOR ME FOR QUEEN.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12

• Destiny unpinned and locked this topic