IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 4: Counting On (And On And On)

GreyhoundFan

This is the ad I have on the election updates page at CNN:

Spoiler

image.png.7534fc4ea233bfea3bb587900d12b6aa.png

:obscene-drinkingfaded:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 23

Just now, Cartmann99 said:

This is the ad I have on the election updates page at CNN:

Hide contents

image.png.7534fc4ea233bfea3bb587900d12b6aa.png

:obscene-drinkingfaded:

I very desperately want that shirt please. 

• Haha 6
  • I Agree 3

40 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

My Catholic governor gets people on his Facebook page who tell him he's not a Christian. :roll:

I’m very interested to see how the conservatives who are praising the new Supreme Court judge (a Catholic who is a wonderful Christian) will say the opposite of Me Biden, just because he is Catholic. 

38 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That isn't unusual. Many fundies don't consider Catholics Christians. 

Exactly. So where does that leave Amy Coney Barrett?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, fraurosena said:

I agree it's horrifying. But it's not surprising in the least, after four years of Trump spewing lies and hatred and inciting violence. 

You're right that it is unsurprising, and I'm hoping it's all false bluster. I tried to reassure my friend by saying that if Civil War does break out, it's unlikely to start in Iowa. Still so disappointed by how dark Red we went. I tried, guys. My friends tried (even the more conservative and moderate ones). Still wasn't enough to help our state do the right thing. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 8

Can someone please excuse my ignorance and tell me what's going on in the Senate?  CNN shows Ds 48 to Rs 47 which makes it look like we will control both houses as well as the WH?  But no one here is popping champagne so I know I'm misunderstanding.  Help?

FJ is my civics class as well as my news channel ?

Edit: obviously there are 100 Senators so 48 to 47 means there are still five races in contention?

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I very desperately want that shirt please. 

Me too! 

12 minutes ago, adidas said:

I’m very interested to see how the conservatives who are praising the new Supreme Court judge (a Catholic who is a wonderful Christian) will say the opposite of Me Biden, just because he is Catholic. 

Exactly. So where does that leave Amy Coney Barrett?

She gets a pass because she is prolife and on the SCOTUS. Plus trump out her there and they adore everything he says and does. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 5

Sigh. Dammit, I just want a night's sleep this week. Is that too much to ask for?

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Wasn't 14 billion or so spent on this election?  But they can't hire a few hundred more temps to count in states that need them?

I know, different budgets...I'm just pissy.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

11 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Edit: obviously there are 100 Senators so 48 to 47 means there are still five races in contention?

Yes. Georgia will have one, most likely 2 seats determined by a runoff. The other 2 are North Carolina (likely to super likely republican), Alaska (I don't know. My brain tells me that Dr Al Gross can win, and why, but my heart tells me that everyone sucks, and he wasn't the best candidate). I don't know about the other one, nytimes has it 48 to 48.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

I wonder how long it is going to take Melania to file for divorce now.   There were rumours, well things on the Internet that I can’t find again right now, that she renegotiated her prenup when he ran for president. 

She’ll have one monster of an NDA if she does run for the hills.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

14 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Can someone please excuse my ignorance and tell me what's going on in the Senate?  CNN shows Ds 48 to Rs 47 which makes it look like we will control both houses as well as the WH?  But no one here is popping champagne so I know I'm misunderstanding. 

You have to have a simple majority (51) to control the Senate.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

1 minute ago, Browneyed Girl said:

I wonder how long it is going to take Melania to file for divorce now.   There were rumours, well things on the Internet that I can’t find again right now, that she renegotiated her prenup when he ran for president. 

I think she will wait a little bit and then file. 

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, Smash! said:

Sums it up for me...

(After the 2016 election I made rice pudding and chocolate cookies because I needed something sweet to stress-eat. I was really hoping I could get away with NOT doing that this time around...)

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Browneyed Girl said:

I was just think about how she would be the first divorced first lady, and whether or not she would still receive security. I'm assuming she will stay in the US, but what if she doesn't? 

• Upvote 4

I don’t think she’ll divorce him. Too complicated and I think Trump might even threaten her. She’ll just wait for him to expire. But who knows; it’s not like he’s followed convention on anything else. 

• Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Sums it up for me...

(After the 2016 election I made rice pudding and chocolate cookies because I needed something sweet to stress-eat. I was really hoping I could get away with NOT doing that this time around...)

I haven't had anything containing sugar in over 21 weeks but this week was my son's birthday so I cut a small piece of cake as we celebrated.  Oreo ice cream cake.

I took 3 bites and lost interest - tossed the rest.  I guess comfort eating is not an option for me anymore.  I need a way to self-soothe that works.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Love 6

I'm officially tired. I saw this picture at the top of a CNN article about vote counting in Pennsylvania, and thought the blonde with the purple mask was Ivanka.

Spoiler

image.png.e285562e25acb4f90ef0ceddea76017e.png

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10

11 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Sums it up for me...

(Completely off-topic).

Rice pudding was one of my mother's dishes that she made. She has been deceased for 20 years. Neither my husband nor either of my daughters are interested in it. I don't believe I have had any of it in 15 years or so, since I try not to make sweets that nobody but me will eat.

Maybe I should make an exception to that policy,

• Upvote 1
  • Love 7

Last night my father asked me a question I wasn't sure the answer to .  How is it that we know who won the House and Senate seats , but not who won the Electoral College votes , in each state , if not all ballots have been counted yet ?  

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1

This food talk is making me hungry again. Who wants a grilled cheese? :wink-kitty:

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

• Destiny unpinned and locked this topic