IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 4: Counting On (And On And On)

GreyhoundFan

12 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Like how an abusive partner is statistically most dangerous when you're leaving them?I know I keep making this analogy, but it really is strikingly similar to me but on a macrolevel.

This is true and on a number of levels.  Trump, the malignant narcissist, is at his most dangerous when he's been publicly shamed and deprived of his narcissistic supplies, which is now.  He's also turning on those whom he perceives as having failed him. Interesting times.  I just can't see him making it through to the end of his term. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8

1 minute ago, AmazonGrace said:

And if the Dems were rigging elections, just why the heck wouldn't they rig the whole damn thing including the Senate races etc.

If we are cheating cheaters who cheat, we are really fucking bad at it. I mean, LBR, President Biden won't get a damn thing done, because McConnell is gonna McConnell the whole thing up. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 11

4 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

NYT reporter is saying the same thing.

So that means once again the Fox Decision Desk was likely right about Nevada, and right about not backing down.

I remember scrolling through my phone during the 2018 election and they were the first to predict the Congress would flip to a Democratic majority.

Plus they were right in 2012 when Karl Rove went nuts about them predicting some state (Ohio?) going for Obama.

Who'd a thunk Fox would be right about anything?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

18 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Maybe they can lock him in a cage, like a wild animal or a small immigrant child, until he gets worn out. 

Or maybe he'll willingly go into his crate bunker before heading to Mar a Loco for the duration.  I wonder if he's alone in his bedroom in the WH, snorting Adderall, watching Fox and rage tweeting in abject panic while shitting his Depends.  This, by the way, is a likely scenario. 

Also, Melania's attorney preparing divorce papers. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 8

15 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

A former co-worker is crying that her daughter signed up with the navy and now she will have to swear to protect Biden and that is the worst thing ever.

Oh no! She'll have to protect a president who doesn't think she's a loser!

Just now, Howl said:

I just can't see him as making it through to the end of his term. 

Yeah I'm not sure how, but he's going to be out before January if he can't figure out how to steal the election somehow. I'm not sure if it'll be a psychotic break, a huge public flounce, or what, but I think there's no way he'll "work through his notice" as it were. 

I hope his secret service agents keep their holsters carefully monitored when he's close by them. At this point I would not put anything past him.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, kpmom said:

So that means once again the Fox Decision Desk was likely right about Nevada, and right about not backing down.

Fox hasn't called Nevada. It's the Arizona call people are questioning.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

This is true and on a number of levels.  Trump, the malignant narcissist, is at his most dangerous when he's been publicly shamed and deprived of his narcissistic supplies, which is now.  He's also turning on those whom he perceives as having failed him. Interesting times.  I just can't see him as making it through to the end of his term. 

Another requirement for a I hope so button.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

And if the Dems were rigging elections, just why the heck wouldn't they rig the whole damn thing including the Senate races etc.

Exactly. Like we are going to rig the election but let Moscow Mitch keep power just for fun. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

because McConnell is gonna McConnell the whole thing up. 

That is not a done deal yet. We won't know until January 5. Until then I simply refuse to give up hope. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

Not gonna lie, one of the main reasons I'd love to see Trump in prison is so he would quit tweeting and rallying long enough for a few weeks of calm. How long does it take half a nation to deprogram?

• Upvote 22
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, fraurosena said:

That is not a done deal yet. We won't know until January 5. Until then I simply refuse to give up hope. 

I mean, miracles DO happen. I don't have much optimism for that miracle, but I hope anyway.

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Fox hasn't called Nevada. It's the Arizona call people are questioning.

But wasn't it the Nevada call that Trump and sons were so pissed about?  I thought that was what Jr. called Murdock about to protest.

ETA:  Sorry, you're correct.  I should have said Arizona, not Nevada that Fox was right about.  I'm getting all bleary here.  But it's a GOOD bleary! ?

Edited by kpmom
  • Upvote 7

Mitch is the embodiment of evil.

I know it's horrible of me, and of course I don't want it to really happen, but Trump going into the bunker "for his own safety" and then being conveniently forgotten is a thought that is hard to stave off.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Not gonna lie, one of the main reasons I'd love to see Trump in prison is so he would quit tweeting and rallying long enough for a few weeks of calm. How long does it take half a nation to deprogram?

The minute Trump is no longer the official president, Twitter is free to lock down his account or put him in Twitmo if he contravenes the Twitter rules.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 16
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Destiny said:

I mean, miracles DO happen. I don't have much optimism for that miracle, but I hope anyway.

Don't worry, I have enough optimism for all of us. :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Love 12

But wasn't it the Nevada call that Trump and sons were so pissed about?  I thought that was what Jr. called Murdock about to protest.

Nope that was Arizona. Only Fox and AP have called it so far. No one has called Nevada yet

https://www.foxnews.com/elections/2020/general-results

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Nope, AZ.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Faux if networks start calling Nevada in the next bit. With them having called AZ on Wednesday, they'd have to admit that Biden is the president elect if that happens. I'm curious if they will rethink their AZ call. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

This is in answer to @Maggie Mae's comment from the last thread about Texas going blue in 2024.

Republicans currently have control of both houses of the Texas Legislature. They did lose their super-majority in the Senate which hurts them but:

Before the election, Republicans had 19 seats to the Democrats’ 12. If Flores loses the seat, Republicans will have just 18 votes in the Senate, losing the supermajority they need to bring bills up for debate under Senate rules. Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who in 2015 oversaw lowering the long-standing 21-vote threshold down to 19, said in January the Senate may further reduce that threshold to 16.

It takes a simple majority to change the rule, which has allowed Patrick's Senate to steamroll Democrats while bringing up a host of conservative priorities for consideration.

"All I'm saying is that if we were to be a vote short — and I don't think we will, but if we were to be — then we would have to look at that because otherwise we would be right back to where we were in history as the majority party ... of having to have a Democrat sign off on every bill," Patrick said in January. "That doesn't feel right to me."

My prediction is that Texas Republicans will start loudly beating the voter fraud drum and then use their power to get rid of early voting. That's going to make it more difficult to turn Texas blue in 2024. :pb_sad:

• Disgust 4
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Like how an abusive partner is statistically most dangerous when you're leaving them?

I know I keep making this analogy, but it really is strikingly similar to me but on a macrolevel.

Mostly, yeah. We've known Donald Trump for decades. Unlike other Presidents, who worked their way up through the political system, mostly ignored by everyone except those "in the know" Donald Trump has been a household name for my entire life. Not like we talked about him every day, or anything, but he was synonymous with "money" "power" and "greed" (even if those things weren't necessarily true). He showed up in films, was in People magazine, his name was dropped on sitcoms, soaps, reality TV. We know exactly what he likes and doesn't like. He does not like losing. He does not like being "a joke." He doesn't like being ignored. He's being ignored by a lot of the coverage of the election results. He's being cut off. He's about to "be a loser." And like the abusive spouse, he's going to think that the country "leaving him" is going to "embarrass him" and "make him a joke." It is, unlike the abusive spouse, TBH. The abusive spouse might get found out as an abusive piece of shit or not. Donald Trump is well known as an abusive piece of shit. But worse than that, he's a loser and a joke. That's what makes him dangerous, he's going to lash out in an attempt to not "be a loser and a joke." 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

Mitch and Barr are both the embodiment of Machiavellian evil, and have wreaked horrible damage on our country.  I think Barr will hang in there until the last minute, doing the most damage that he can.   HOWEVER, people under him know the end is nigh, a reckoning is coming, and may not be unwilling to carry out damaging policies, when accountability is in their futures. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Exactly this!  I mean if they were going to rig it they wouldn't make it so obvious like giving R's 1% or anything, but McConnell and Collins would sure as shit be out.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11

Gilmore Girls makes a lot of jokes about Trump. I knew about him thanks to my grandma's tabloids, but I didn't even notice the jokes until after the 2016 election.

Would but he have stayed in real estate.

• Upvote 5

• Destiny unpinned and locked this topic