IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 4: Counting On (And On And On)

GreyhoundFan

I wish his tantrum would have turned more states blue (I'm looking at you, NC)

image.png.d995beceb75b5243d1b1b8fc5a286c44.png

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 6

Trump believes deeply that SCOTUS will save him and he'll win the election.  He's got people in place that he perceives as totally loyal to him and there's every possibility that Kavanaugh is compromised and will vote whichever way benefits Trump.  But if he's just focused on Pennsylvania, that won't save him.

Stop the Steal will poop their knickers when facing down the National Guard.  I'm hoping the place where the Pennsylvania ballots are being counted is secure and if it's not, it should be.  Police, Penn state troopers whatever it takes. 

However, there was a tip about two QAnon wingnuts driving a Hummer who drove from Virginia to Pittsburgh (I think) to do bad acts.  They were arrested on firearms violations because at least one of them was openly carrying with a Virginia license, which doesn't mean squat in Pennsylvania.  The other guy (IIRC) didn't have a license for the weapons he had. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

That's because Panama and Belize aren't the "right" kind of Christians. I'm sure the native residents of both countries are sick to death of the transplants.

My Catholic governor gets people on his Facebook page who tell him he's not a Christian. :roll:

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

I think he thought the Hunter Biden stuff would take off like Hillary’s emails did, and is shocked it didn’t. 
He tried to hammer at it in that screaming debate, but the public just seemed meh about it. 

Because his lying BS worked to secure him the 2016 campaign. Untoward behaviors always seem to work out for Trump. He seemingly has never been held accountable for his terrible decisions/words/behaviors.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

My Catholic governor gets people on his Facebook page who tell him he's not a Christian. :roll:

That isn't unusual. Many fundies don't consider Catholics Christians. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, Cartmann99 said:

About a thousand years ago, just after college, I worked at a small independent grocery store owned by far right Christians. Hey, I needed the money. A couple of months into my tenure they found out I was Catholic, they quickly started treating me like crap. I stopped getting good shifts and often had to work the deli by myself. It was quite sad.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 18
  • WTF 4

4 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I 100% agree that he's not Christian, but it's not because he's Catholic...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

That's because Panama and Belize aren't the "right" kind of Christians. I'm sure the native residents of both countries are sick to death of the transplants.

Americans love Belize because there is no language barrier. (And a very beautiful country too).

• Upvote 4

Just now, libgirl2 said:

Very true. Some of them were downright irate that he didn't advertise the fact that he was Catholic before the election. :cray-cray:

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Yep.  As a kid from a Catholic family whose mom went fundy-lite I know first hand how very heathen they think we are.

Which begs the question, if Catholics aren't Christians then who is the guy on all the crucifixes?  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 12

As I have loved telling my evangelical neighbors, if it weren't for us dreadful catholics and orthodox, you wouldn't have Christianity. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 8

I’ve actually heard fundies claim that “Catholics believe Jesus is still on the cross.”

One of the pastors of my former fundie-light church was a missionary in Barcelona for about 15 years, and said “We had the only church in the city with an empty cross.”

• Upvote 11

2 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

As I have loved telling my evangelical neighbors, if it weren't for us dreadful catholics and orthodox, you wouldn't have Christianity. 

My sister's friend, who is Orthodox, got told she worships the devil and needs to stop with all those icons and saints in her church by a very conservative Protestant fellow student once. She was so embarrassed in the middle of class.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 4

BEC moment- The photo of Trump Fox uses on their site to announce EC votes makes him look like one of The Dumb and Dumber characters. Was his hair actually coiffed into the circa 90s bowl cut? 

• Haha 9

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

BEC moment- The photo of Trump Fox uses on their site to announce EC votes makes him look like one of The Dumb and Dumber characters. Was his hair actually coiffed into the circa 90s bowl cut? 

I went on there but couldn't find it, but I have seen pictures were it looks like that. 

• Upvote 2

While I can’t wrap my mind around the anti-catholic sentiments of some evangelicals, we have the same conflicts within Islam, especially in regards to some strong anti-Shia stances. 
So as a baptized catholic who then converted to Islam, I kinda jumped from one mess to another.
Still, I assume that as long as humans are involved, one gotta expect such closed-mindedness. I even read somewhere once that such a “tribal” thinking is ingrained in us from the evolution. That’s still not an excuse for all the discrimination against people and peoples. We don’t have a brain for nothing.  

• Upvote 11

20 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Little snippet in spoiler that put the fear of God into me.

That's not a grassroots organization.  The website was through Liberty Lab -- a conservative digital services firm.  One layer out they look like they were started by "Women for America First" but there's conservative money behind Liberty Lab.  It's just the usual Republican ratf*#kery.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

Kornacki explains why they haven't called PA yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 11

53 minutes ago, JoyfulSel said:

My sister's friend, who is Orthodox, got told she worships the devil and needs to stop with all those icons and saints in her church by a very conservative Protestant fellow student once. She was so embarrassed in the middle of class.

I’ve heard similar accusations being thrown around by people of and regarding different faiths. That’s so surprising. Why not believe someone worships in a different way? Or someone worships “wrongly”? The latter would still entail a judgement, but not be as extreme of an opinion as “worshipping the devil”? Why do some people like to go to such extremes?! I honestly don’t understand it. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

I even read somewhere once that such a “tribal” thinking is ingrained in us from the evolution.

I've read the same.  And it makes sense from an revolutionary standpoint that back when our ancestors were living in caves and just learning to walk upright 'others' (strangers) were often a huge threat.  Not only of fighting for resources, but disease, etc.  The tribal thinking is said to have been a helpful protective response for early humanoids.

But as we no longer have a need for it, like the appendix, we should cut it out when it's harmful.  Also like the appendix.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I'm sure Philly residents were thrilled to have Louie Gohmert (R-Asshole) darken their door.

image.png.46c939630a09461f87a1a9218b268630.png

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 7
  • Haha 3

A small town about 90 minutes from me has a Facebook rants and raves page. A friend who lives there sent us a screenshot of one person in this group calling for civil war and saying "there are those of us who just need that line crossed and bodies will start to pile up..." to which some other asshole replied to say "it's time!!! This shit show has to be stopped. Start the body count." (I'd attach screenshots but I am not tech savvy enough to edit the names off per our rules). Posts were reported to police but I never heard if anything came of it. 

It's fucking horrifying that people are even thinking this way, let alone posting it out there for the world to see. 

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 11
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, Ticklish said:

It's fucking horrifying that people are even thinking this way, let alone posting it out there for the world to see. 

I agree it's horrifying. But it's not surprising in the least, after four years of Trump spewing lies and hatred and inciting violence. 

• I Agree 15

• Destiny unpinned and locked this topic