IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 4: Counting On (And On And On)

GreyhoundFan

15 minutes ago, Destiny said:

If we are cheating cheaters who cheat, we are really fucking bad at it. I mean, LBR, President Biden won't get a damn thing done, because McConnell is gonna McConnell the whole thing up. 

Except that he had that purple/black hand recently pictured and I really wonder what's up with his health.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

I think Barr will hang in there until the last minute, doing the most damage that he can.

As he's been MIA for weeks now, I don't think Barr will do much, if anything. He might be too ill, or gone into hiding, or simply biding his time for a quick getaway, but I don't think he'll do more damage than he's already done (which is bad enough as it is).

• Upvote 4

Just now, pook said:

Except that he had that purple/black hand recently pictured and I really wonder what's up with his health.

My grandma had that... I think it's a side effect of a medication. He's also 78, soooo.

• Upvote 7

19 minutes ago, Howl said:

This is true and on a number of levels.  Trump, the malignant narcissist, is at his most dangerous when he's been publicly shamed and deprived of his narcissistic supplies, which is now.  He's also turning on those whom he perceives as having failed him. Interesting times.  I just can't see him making it through to the end of his term. 

So much more concise than everything I said. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, pook said:

I saw a great explanation for that on reddit. Something like: It's either a side effect from blood pressure medication or it's the devil finally coming back to reclaim his body. Could go either way.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

Just now, pook said:

Yeah I don't wish ill health on anyone, but there are quite a lot of people I wish would decide to focus on their health and go the heck away. And he's right up there near the top of the list.

So what WAS wrong with McConnell - I've heard a fall, Covid, died and started to decompose until hell spit him back out, demon possession, he's a russian android and needed a repair...

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 16

5 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

This is in answer to @Maggie Mae's comment from the last thread about Texas going blue in 2024.

@Cartmann99, yours is a dismal but accurate summary.  Also, aren't Texas Republicans going to be in charge of determining voting districts continued gerrymandering in the near future?

This is Texas politics right now.  Dan Patrick sees nothing, and I mean NOTHING, wrong with this statement:

...otherwise we would be right back to where we were in history as the majority party ... of having to have a Democrat sign off on every bill," Patrick said in January. "That doesn't feel right to me."

• WTF 6
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, pook said:

I just googled "what happens when a Senator dies" and before I could type "in office" the phrase "in Kentucky" autofilled.  I guess I'm not the only one curious.

Anyway, KY is one of those states where it would be filled by special election, not Govenor's appointment.

If there is a vacancy in the Kentucky General Assembly, a special election must be held to fill the vacant seat. The governor must call for an election if the General Assembly is not in session. The presiding officer in the house where the vacancy happened must call for an election if lawmakers are in session.[32] All nominating petitions must be filed at least 49 days before the election.[33]

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 11

36 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

A former co-worker is crying that her daughter signed up with the navy and now she will have to swear to protect Biden and that is the worst thing ever. In general they seem to have realized Trump has lost, but are framing this as the election being rigged. 

That's not in the oath. She'll swear to protect and defend the Constitution and to obey all legal orders. She should really just read it. 

• Upvote 14
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 7

2 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I saw a great explanation for that on reddit. Something like: It's either a side effect from blood pressure medication or it's the devil finally coming back to reclaim his body. Could go either way.

I still say it's the horcrux.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 30
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

As he's been MIA for weeks now

This got zero coverage, but he was making the rounds and talking to police and sheriff's departments in the West and Southwest, presumably about Operation Legend suppressing protests (not the white people with assault rifles, those other kind).  He does some weird stuff, like when he jetted off to Europe to talk to various state entities, presumably to get support for Trump's ratfuckery in Ukraine, IIRC

AG Barr visits Albuquerque to tout progress of Operation Legend

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 13

6 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Well, the Devil DID go down to Georgia, but instead of stealing a soul, he just gave back some democracy. Maybe he stopped by Kentucky. 

In case no one know WTF i'm talking about. 

Spoiler

• Upvote 13
  • Love 2

45 minutes ago, Howl said:

This is true and on a number of levels.  Trump, the malignant narcissist, is at his most dangerous when he's been publicly shamed and deprived of his narcissistic supplies, which is now.  He's also turning on those whom he perceives as having failed him. Interesting times.  I just can't see him making it through to the end of his term. 

That is exactly true.  My ex-husband has NPD-BPD so I'm very familiar with the type.  Anyone close to him is going to be eviscerated repeatedly.  I hope my assumption that he's too old and out of shape to be physically dangerous (besides flailing or phone throwing, etc.) is correct.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

25 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Yeah I'm not sure how, but he's going to be out before January if he can't figure out how to steal the election somehow. I'm not sure if it'll be a psychotic break, a huge public flounce, or what, but I think there's no way he'll "work through his notice" as it were. 

I would bet real money we'll have a temporary President Pence before President Biden.

Won't mother be pleased?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 8

45 minutes ago, GeraldineGrainger said:

Yep, me too. I knew that I would be running on little sleep and probably highly emotional, so I made sure that my schedule was very light this week. I wish I had planned meals better though. I have been stress-eating way too much garbage, including any fun-sized chocolate bars my child was willing to part with from his Halloween stash. I have a suspicion that he gave me more than he actually wanted to, just to keep me calm and bearable. Kind of like t-Rump's kids are probably doing with McDonald's Filet O' Fish and Diet Coke right about now.

I had Pop-Tarts for breakfast. The chocolate ones with the white frosting that are like eating Oreo cookies. :embarrassed:

• Upvote 6
  • Love 8

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I still say it's the horcrux.

Wouldn't that make Mitch Dumbledore? 

Just now, Cartmann99 said:

I had Pop-Tarts for breakfast. The chocolate ones with the white frosting that are like eating Oreo cookies. :embarrassed:

Great, now I want Pop-Tarts. 

• Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

So who is going to be the first republican Trump takes down? Because he is angry and going to start lashing out at everyone since nothing is ever his fault. If Trump is going  down he is taking as many people with him as possible.  I'm betting Lindsey Graham. He seems the one most likely to be being black mailed big time by Trump and he is especially desperate for Trump to stay in power. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

Mo just has to kiss up to the toxic orange megacolon:

• Angry 2
  • WTF 12

I just ate a whole bag of popcorn.

I keep hoping I'll see my Republican boss change his big TV from the world's most boring reality show (he's got cameras watching all of us as we work) to the news so I can offer him some popcorn.

There are three of us at work who are quietly celebratory today. The rest are acting like it's a normal day. Work has really picked up, though. If this continues we might be back to full time soonish. I think people were waiting for the election and things might start to come in after it's officially decided.

• Upvote 15

41 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Yeah, my cousin's husband was going on about something to do with watermarks and blockchains and mobilizing the army or some shit. It was all from a "completely reliable and reputable source" of course. Not too long after he posted it, Facebook make it go away. He also posted something about us watching an election coup in real time perpetuated by the media. Wait - no. Facebook made something else go away, so I can only imagine what that was. I put the post he referenced under a spoiler because it's just bug fuck nuts.

Sounds like QAnon nonsense to me.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 14

6 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I haven't even thought about George Conway until now!  Oh man, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in their house last several days.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 11

Just now, GreyhoundFan said:

Mo just has to kiss up to the toxic orange megacolon:

Oh, so he wants to go by the popular vote then? Ok, we're more than fine with that. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 9

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

So who is going to be the first republican Trump takes down? Because he is angry and going to start lashing out at everyone since nothing is ever his fault. If Trump is going  down he is taking as many people with him as possible.  I'm betting Lindsey Graham. He seems the one most likely to be being black mailed big time by Trump and he is especially desperate for Trump to stay in power. 

Fully believe that Graham being blackmailed.  I think the republican Governor, Sec of state, and board of elections official of Georgia aren't in his like column atm.  I hope they have good security details.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Rush Freaking Limbaugh, guys. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 19
  • Thank You 2

• Destiny unpinned and locked this topic