IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 4: Counting On (And On And On)

GreyhoundFan

I've been so focused on the presidential race, that I hadn't even checked what happened with my local races. No clear winner in some of them, so now we'll have a run-off election. That means I'll get even more flyers in the mail where the candidates fight over which one of them loves Trump the most. :doh:

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 5

Such a sad sorry loser...

• Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 4

56 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Feed him all the cheeseburgers he can stuff down!  I'd make sure to stay well stocked on fattening high cholesterol food.

I’m betting she’s not shopping or preparing many meals.

• Upvote 6

I expect she's setting menus and will be doing more of that in the not to distant future.

• Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I've been so focused on the presidential race, that I hadn't even checked what happened with my local races. No clear winner in some of them, so now we'll have a run-off election. That means I'll get even more flyers in the mail where the candidates fight over which one of them loves Trump the most. :doh:

I'm in a very red part of California so none of my preferred candidates won in local elections but that doesn't surprise me.

We had something like four special elections last year and I found it exhausting (I was a pollworker) but knowing that we'll have to have another one next year to fill Kamala Harris' senate seat somehow doesn't bother me at all ?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Just now, Coconut Flan said:

I expect she's setting menus and will be doing more of that in the not to distant future.

Deep fried butter with bacon grease dipping sauce.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

He's probably on his knees somewhere fervently praying for a miracle...

He's praying he isn't the one that has to tell Trump it is over. I imagine there are lots of people praying the same thing. Maybe they can just phone in the news to him.

• Upvote 7

You know as I’m watching and listening to the election experts, it’s very clear that Trump became the POTUS in 2016 because of narrow wins in WI, MI and PA...states that had not been red since 1988, and the same states that have turned back to blue in 2020. Literally what are the odds of this exact scenario? We all know about Russian collusion (see people who were involved with Trump and his campaign who have been prosecuted), and the influence of Cambridge Analytica on targeted voters in these and other swing states (and the subsequent prosecution of some of the parties involved). Trump’s supporters really have a lot of nerve complaining about cheating and stealing elections. And boy, the King of cheating starts immediately complaining. It really takes a honed cheater, doesn’t it?

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

1 minute ago, church_of_dog said:
15 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I'm in a very red part of California so none of my preferred candidates won in local elections but that doesn't surprise me.

The democratic candidate in my US House race received 18.3% of the vote. :shrug:

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Deep fried butter with bacon grease dipping sauce.

But he drinks Diet Coke.

• Haha 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Or something. I don't think @HerNameIsBuffy's theories on that topic are that far off.

I'll see myself to the prayer closet. ;)

I have to say Pence should have used that  mental image in his abstinence campaigns , sure makes it a heck of a lot easier.   

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Anyone else want to send muffin baskets and big sloppy internet kisses to every blue voter in GA?

50 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

FB_IMG_1604689770086.jpg.873a621fdd223a7fa5482e9bdc171dc1.jpg

As some of you know a remote cabin I’m Finland or Greenland is my fantasy happy place.  This post moves the needle.

16 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Still, if you compare it to individual states (who each organize the elections), the comparison is much nearer the mark. Besides, the core of that message is that American elections are unnecessarily complicated. Which nobody can deny.

Core message I absolutely agree with.  But as Finland is not even half the population of Pennsylvania which is only our 6th most popular state we will always by necessity have more complicated election processes than smaller countries.

And now I want to look up how they verify each person only voted once without registration.  

• Upvote 8

20 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Such a sad sorry loser...

Yeah, he had a lead Tuesday night at 9 pm when 15% of the vote had been counted. Loser.

• Upvote 15

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

You know as I’m watching and listening to the election experts, it’s very clear that Trump became the POTUS in 2016 because of narrow wins in WI, MI and PA...states that had not been red since 1988, and the same states that have turned back to blue in 2020. Literally what are the odds of this exact scenario? We all know about Russian collusion (see people who were involved with Trump and his campaign who have been prosecuted), and the influence of Cambridge Analytica on targeted voters in these and other swing states (and the subsequent prosecution of some of the parties involved). Trump’s supporters really have a lot of nerve complaining about cheating and stealing elections. And boy, the King of cheating starts immediately complaining. It really takes a honed cheater, doesn’t it?

Absolutely.  People who cheat on their partners almost always accuse their SO of cheating as they assume everyone does it.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

9 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

He's praying he isn't the one that has to tell Trump it is over. I imagine there are lots of people praying the same thing. Maybe they can just phone in the news to him.

What if they just stick an eviction notice on the door to the personal quarters?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

59 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

FB_IMG_1604689770086.jpg.873a621fdd223a7fa5482e9bdc171dc1.jpg

Nah, you guys just need to get more people to count the votes in a timely manner.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I have to say Pence should have used that  mental image in his abstinence campaigns , sure makes it a heck of a lot easier.   

Seriously. Your kink is not my kink and that's okay, but I can't imagine anyone being interested in wohoo with the idea of Pence and Mother having fun in their heads. 

I took a break to watch something that wasn't CNN for a bit. It seems like nothing has changed in that time.

• Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Still, if you compare it to individual states (who each organize the elections), the comparison is much nearer the mark. Besides, the core of that message is that American elections are unnecessarily complicated. Which nobody can deny.

I wish more states would follow the Colorado / Washington example of early voting. When I was a poll watcher, there were some people who seemed to be voting on election day for the thrill of standing in line, but most people seemed to fill out their paper ballot and turn it in early. 

• Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I think they should have Trudeau do it.  Let him call the WH and ask for Joe.  Then “oh, right he hasn’t moved in yet.  So sorry, I’ll call back in January.”

• Haha 38

46 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I mean, the US population is almost 60 times that of Finland, so comparing time to get the results is a little unfair

Nah, with the bigger population you have more people available to count the votes in a timely manner.

It's not the size of the population it's the system.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

This.  It was skillfully and carefully done.  The votes were in specific pockets of states that he needed and, possibly, didn't have great IT support.  I understand that I'm into tinfoil hat territory but I always felt that the difference in the exit polls and the vote tally was very telling.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Core message I absolutely agree with.  But as Finland is not even half the population of Pennsylvania which is only our 6th most popular state we will always by necessity have more complicated election processes than smaller countries.

And now I want to look up how they verify each person only voted once without registration.  

The state knows who is old enough to vote and when you voted your name gets struck off the list.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That’s easy. We are automatically registered when we are 18, receive our voting pass in the mail, and ID ourselves at the polling station (1 per 1000 voters). Then we get a ballot and go to the voting booth, and then put it in the ballot box. Voting takes me all of 10 minutes from leaving my front door and getting back again. (This is exceptional though, the polling station is literally 50 steps from my house).

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5

They're not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed, are they?

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

• Destiny unpinned and locked this topic