IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 4: Counting On (And On And On)

GreyhoundFan

2 minutes ago, Marmion said:

Last night my father asked me a question I wasn't sure the answer to .  How is it that we know who won the House and Senate seats , but not who won the Electoral College votes , in each state , if not all ballots have been counted yet ?  

I think it's because of the margin of victory.  McSally can't make up the difference based on the number of ballots left.  NC and AK senate races haven't been called yet, but are very likely to stay in R hands. Several House races haven't been called yet.

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
I'm a moron
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

The lead in GA has widened to 4,200 for Biden. That's a probably insurmountable lead even with a recount. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 8

Just now, Marmion said:

Last night my father asked me a question I wasn't sure the answer to .  How is it that we know who won the House and Senate seats , but not who won the Electoral College votes , in each state , if not all ballots have been counted yet ?  

We don't know who won the house and senate seats. Not all at least. There are 28 uncalled house seats left. The ones in California and New York could take days. Georgia is going to two run offs. Alaska won't start counting provisional ballots (and thus senate seat) until the 10th.

The areas that lean heavily one way or another get called before they finish counting, the ones that are close races need to wait.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

13 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Here's a good question

He's probably on his knees somewhere fervently praying for a miracle...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9

8 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

He's probably on his knees somewhere fervently praying for a miracle...

Or something. I don't think @HerNameIsBuffy's theories on that topic are that far off.

I'll see myself to the prayer closet. ;)

Edited by Destiny
  • Haha 16

17 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Here's a good question

I assume he and mother are gathering their boxes and arranging moving vans, cleaners etc.  VP and MR Harris/ whatever his name used to be  are knocking on the door. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

19 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

This food talk is making me hungry again. Who wants a grilled cheese? :wink-kitty:

I had business out of town yesterday and stopped at Grilled Cheese Mania. I love that place. Grilled cheese is one of my default items if I don't know what I feel like.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

Just now, GreyhoundFan said:

I had business out of town yesterday and stopped at Grilled Cheese Mania. I love that place. Grilled cheese is one of my default items if I don't know what I feel like.

I'm making it Sunday with tomato soup with rice. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hahahahahaha. OMG I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THIS.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think any more attention on that clusterfuck is a good idea, but the mental image of the Q-types heads exploding made me smile again.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

46 minutes ago, Johannah said:

I don’t think she’ll divorce him. Too complicated and I think Trump might even threaten her. She’ll just wait for him to expire. But who knows; it’s not like he’s followed convention on anything else. 

Feed him all the cheeseburgers he can stuff down!  I'd make sure to stay well stocked on fattening high cholesterol food.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

9 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Or something. I don't think @HerNameIsBuffy's theories on that topic are that far off.

I'll see myself to the prayer closet. ;)

7 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying!  Heads go 'splody! :laughing-rollingred:

• Haha 7

@Destiny FYI I just re-checked my ballot status online and now it says received AND counted, where before it said "received and will be counted".

So I guess it does update after all.  But that last update didn't trigger an email.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, church_of_dog said:

@Destiny FYI I just re-checked my ballot status online and now it says received AND counted, where before it said "received and will be counted".

So I guess it does update after all.  But that last update didn't trigger an email.

Mine too. Thanks for the useful information! I wouldn't have thought to check again. 

I've given up on the fight to keep myself from stress snacking. 

• Upvote 9

7 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I just re-checked my ballot status online and now it says received AND counted, where before it said "received and will be counted".

And here's another Californian where it has switched to counted.  Thanks.

• Upvote 9

While we're all busy with politics...

No, just no. :hand:

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

The newest Q member of congress is keeping it classy. /s "Rep.-elect Marjorie Taylor Greene attacks GOP lawmaker over his willingness to accept election outcome"

Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Tex.) reacted sharply to a new colleague saying he had a “loser mindset” because of his willingness to accept a Trump loss, telling Rep.-elect Marjorie Taylor Greene (R) to start acting like a member of Congress.

Crenshaw had tweeted a position many Republicans have taken this week, saying he would support the outcome of the election while sowing doubt about the results. This wasn’t strong enough for Greene, and the two became embroiled in a Twitter tit for tat.

“If Trump loses, he loses,” tweeted Crenshaw, a former Navy SEAL. “It was never an impossible outcome and we must accept the final results when it is over. But the unfortunate reality is that there is very little trust in the process, where irregularities have been flagrant and transparency lacking.”

Greene, who represents the fringe of the Republican Party, tweeted back at Crenshaw, threatening him that his failure to stand up for Trump wouldn’t be forgotten.

“The time to STAND UP for @realDonaldTrump is RIGHT NOW!” she tweeted. “Republicans can’t back down. This loser mindset is how the Democrats win. President Trump has fought for us, we have to fight for him. We won’t forget. Trust me.”

Crenshaw, who has been a strong defender of Trump in Congress, hit back.

“Did you even read past the first sentence? Or are you just purposely lying so you can talk tough?” he replied. “No one said give up. I literally said investigate every irregularity and use the courts. You’re a member of Congress now, Marjorie. Start acting like one.”

Greene, who has espoused the views of QAnon conspiracy theorists, isn’t exactly being welcomed into the Republican caucus with open arms. House GOP leaders distanced themselves from her after her primary win when videos of her making racist, anti-Semitic and Islamophobic comments surfaced.

The congresswoman-elect took another swipe at Crenshaw, challenging him to “fight.”

“I read every word. Why are you ‘leading’ with losing?” Greene tweeted. “Our Republican base is sick and tired of weakness coming from Congress. I’m doing exactly what the people of NW Georgia elected me to do. Fight. I hope you’ll join me.”

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 9

14 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

FB_IMG_1604689770086.jpg.873a621fdd223a7fa5482e9bdc171dc1.jpg

I mean, the US population is almost 60 times that of Finland, so comparing time to get the results is a little unfair

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Have you ever been to Market Buger?

http://www.marketburger.net

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I mean, the US population is almost 60 times that of Finland, so comparing time to get the results is a little unfair

Still, if you compare it to individual states (who each organize the elections), the comparison is much nearer the mark. Besides, the core of that message is that American elections are unnecessarily complicated. Which nobody can deny.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

• Destiny unpinned and locked this topic