IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 12

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, Jencendiary said:

THE AUDACITY OF DOUG PHILLIPS. To introduce his child to one of the women he was gallivanting around Europe with when his wife was sitting in disgrace in a crappy rental in Colorado or Texas or wherever. SO THEY COULD BE PALS. 

Also, why does Faith look like she's 40 already? Hate really does age you, I guess.

Faith doesn’t look 40 when she’s in her regular clothing and make up. When she’s dressing up and doing her makeup like the 1940s, she looks much older.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

In which consitutional law expert Doug Phillips Vision Forum waxes wroth about the impeachment trial:

13657665_DPIARTpostingasVFagain.thumb.jpg.48bc5c67d7bc395910d93713e3073ecf.jpg

OTOH, when a POS failed attorney like Doug Phillips thinks you did a bad job, you REALLY did a bad job!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

The impeachment trial has restarted (5:30 pm, Wednesday).  Maybe Doug isn't seeing the same footage of Trump's speech and Trump's tweets on Jan 6 that I am, and understand that the insurrection was incited specifically to stop the final certification of electoral votes and to assassinate the people who were next in line for the presidency (Pence, Pelosi minimum).  I'm still gobsmacked that this happened in our country.  So yeah, Fuck. Doug. Phillips. 

Thumbs up to David Cicilline (D-Awesome) who just gave a powerful presentation.  Joaquin Castro (D-Keeanu Reeves) is going after it right now.  He's using video of the mob chanting "Hang Mike Pence" to great effect.  Oh, and Fuck. Mike. Pence. for being a damn coward and staying hidden, and refusing to speak out.  

Apparently Fox is streaming the impeachment proceedings instead of their usual approach of playing the video of the lawyer who couldn't remove the kitten filter during a Zoom hearing. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

Doug Phillips Is a Rapist Tool has never cared about the Constitution except for twisting its text & history for his own purposes. Whether itʻs justifying slavery, telling lies about the Christian origins of the US, or, now, defending a rancid piece of shit like Trump, DPIART will say anything and call it Constitutional.

He makes the "cat lawyer" look good and reasonable.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

What IS VF up to? I thought they had shut down. Are they mostly just a Facebook pontification entity now or are they back in business in some way?

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Soulhuntress said:

So what is Vision Forum doing now?  Their Facebook page is semi active.

3 hours ago, Destiny said:

What IS VF up to? I thought they had shut down.

Good questions. Given the constant posts of videos of himself from his VF glory days, Doug Phillips appears to be the éminence grise behind the activity on the VF FB page. There've been no confirmed sightings of him in many months. Significantly, he's not been evident on any of his immediate family's public social media pages, especially Be-all's.

My guess is that he's hoping for a comeback among the many fundies who still seem to be kissing his ass. In some ways, the post-trump climate of aggrieved white Qhristian nationalists in full-on persecution complex mode is an ideal milieu for the fake history & other lies peddled by VFI/VFM. Of course, it wouldn't be a true comeback without money -- preferably lots of it -- so it remains to be seen what the actual grift(s) will be.

• Upvote 15

I still think Dougie will need a rebrand if he's going to appeal to the MAGA crowd to the degree he needs to. The Botkins somehow managed it, so it's possible, I'm just not sure Dougie has it in him. The sort of persona that comes natural to Dougie will be seen as smug and elitist by a lot of Trumpsters.

I sometimes wonder if the reason we haven't seen him make a bigger play for a comeback is because his current incarnation doesn't bring in the cash, but even he can't stomach playing his old character anymore. Sure, he loves to relive the glory days and dress-up fests, but I think he was genuinely tired of being constrained by the rules he himself put into place. He the reason he let VF go so easily was because (in addition to it's financial issues) he wanted his artsy, aux-bohemian freedom, albeit through the retro lens that keeps it in his comfort zone. Unfortunately for him he hasn't found a way to make money with it.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

47 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

even he can't stomach playing his old character anymore.

ITA. In fact, it's possible it was always play-acting for him -- perhaps because he's a narcissist who, in any case, would have never played by the rules he set for everyone else.

49 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

the reason he let VF go so easily was because (in addition to it's financial issues) he wanted his artsy, aux-bohemian freedom, albeit through the retro lens that keeps it in his comfort zone. Unfortunately for him he hasn't found a way to make money with it.

Again, I agree. The current shit-posting on the VF FB page could be a testing of the waters to see how many paying leghumpers are still out there. This interesting post & comments showed up a couple of days ago:

710120860_QuestioningtheVFFBReboot.thumb.jpg.4d9b5bbfb4f248e7f6b67e2694ba8453.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

Adia Barkley's facebook page is definitely worth a visit.  Still deeply Christian, but has left patriarchy in the rear view mirror, but still very conservative.  Interesting convos in the comments.  

Doug was so deeply moved by Trump awarding Rush Limbaugh the Presidential Medal of Freedom, that he posted video of the ceremony to commemorate Rush crossing the Bridge of Relentless Hate to Wing Nut Heaven.   

"A beautiful moment and tribute to Rush Limbaugh as he is awarded the highest civilian award during the Presidential State of the Union. Really worth watching." 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 5
  • WTF 2

4 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I still think Dougie will need a rebrand if he's going to appeal to the MAGA crowd to the degree he needs to. The Botkins somehow managed it, so it's possible, I'm just not sure Dougie has it in him. The sort of persona that comes natural to Dougie will be seen as smug and elitist by a lot of Trumpsters.

I sure hope he doesn't appear upon the larger scene again. Should he try, I'd hope that his detractors would provide plenty of photos of him dancing flamenco-like in the streets with hussy-dressed lady performers, etc. Not that I consider them hussy-dressed, but I imagine a lot of MAGAts would see Lady Flo et. al. and associate their makeup & hair with drag queens.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

On 2/19/2021 at 8:15 PM, Howl said:

Adia Barkley's facebook page is definitely worth a visit.  Still deeply Christian, but has left patriarchy in the rear view mirror, but still very conservative.  Interesting convos in the comments. 

She's done a couple interviews with the Control Freak Christianity podcast run by Joe and Rachel (formerly Gray - previously courted Nathaniel Darnell) Tenney.  

Adia's story: https://www.facebook.com/controlfreakchristianity/posts/182221060003236

Adia and another interview guest discussing the aftermath of sharing their stories:  https://www.facebook.com/controlfreakchristianity/posts/261969428695065

• Thank You 4

5 hours ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

She's done a couple interviews with the Control Freak Christianity podcast run by Joe and Rachel (formerly Gray - previously courted Nathaniel Darnell) Tenney.  

Listened to the first one while doing other things. It's pretty interesting. 

A tl;dl, if I understood it all correctly: her family (mother, step-father, younger siblings), were drawn into churches in at least the outer VF orbit. They certainly purchased VF materials. They moved from Baptist to Presbyterian churches along the way, and wound up in a heavily patriarse culture, with courtship, ongoing abuse of children, major pastoral control of the family (including diet), no education for the daughters (hers effectively ended at age 12, even home school), and a life of being a sister-mom for her unless she married. Eventually, she was allowed to pursue online schooling which led into extensive online contact with people in similar situations and sympathizers. Oddly enough, her mother pursued some kind of education & worked outside the home (as did her step-father). The pandemic stopped her parents' outside work, so that was the timing for her departure. Once out, she met up with older siblings & her bio-dad from whom she had been estranged. She says she is thriving. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

• 4 weeks later...

Ahahaha the Doug-snark is spreading

(So Much More was a Botkin Sisters book.)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 18
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I still have my copy.  

I also need to buy this stamp to put all over all my VF materials.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • Love 4

Dang, that is some serious sibling snark!  

Unless the sisters were in on the joke...Dare we hope?

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Ahahaha the Doug-snark is spreading

1114673722_Screenshot_2021-03-24Oneofus.png.489c08cdd4288f8f02775d6bba7b1526.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...

I may be overly sensitive, but the extremely modest long dress with long sleeves is setting off alarms, lots of alarms. 

However, they are hugging full frontal, so maybe I'm overreacting to frumpy modest wear. 

The bible college is paying off big time for the Phillips fam, although this guy looks like he does admissions admin rather than teach. 

So the question is always, where Doug?  I mean really, where the heck is he? What's he up to?  Where does he live?  Is he making bank?  Have an actual job?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

I may be overly sensitive, but the extremely modest long dress with long sleeves is setting off alarms, lots of alarms. 

However, they are hugging full frontal, so maybe I'm overreacting to frumpy modest wear. 

The bible college is paying off big time for the Phillips fam, although this guy looks like he does admissions admin rather than teach. 

Those types of dresses are popular now. Which is helpful to fundies when looking for modest options. But now they have less to Complain about. Which probably makes them sad. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic