IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 12

Coconut Flan

It amazes me that Doug has basically disappeared from social media.  How is this possible?  Has he managed to somehow shield his identity while promoting his brand on social media?

Apparently he's a wedding videographer, but there have been very few weddings in the last 18 months.

Beall has essentially gone silent on Instagram; last we heard she was shopping for auto parts, trying to keep her car on the road.  

• Upvote 6

The Tool's court case with American Express reached "order of dismissal without prejudice", which a google search tells me means the plaintiff is free to bring the case again on the same grounds if the defendant doesn't meet terms of whatever settlement they reached.  So it's still not over. 

• Thank You 11

2 hours ago, Howl said:

It amazes me that Doug has basically disappeared from social media.  How is this possible? 

I keep wondering the same thing. Especially because that man loves to hear himself talk. 

I’m really surprised he hasn’t turned into a Doug Wilson crony and made his way to Idaho. He’d do great there (especially the sexual predator part) until his giant ego collided with Doug’s. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

On 8/9/2021 at 9:47 PM, Howl said:

It amazes me that Doug has basically disappeared from social media.  How is this possible?  Has he managed to somehow shield his identity while promoting his brand on social media?

He's still running the old VF facebook page.  

https://www.facebook.com/visionforum/

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

Boy, he sure loves all those Olympic athletes. Even the women who probably are not stay-at-home-daughters. 

Because they're PATRIOTS!

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

Because they're PATRIOTS!

...and outspoken black JESUS Patriots who disavow BLM.  Nothing wrong with that, per se, I suppose, but he's co-opting those people and using their statements for his own ends to make his own points. 

I'd also be curious about where he lifted those links...

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I would give anything to see a good documentary on Vision Forum. Especially a where-are-they-now if someone could hunt up Dougie, and all the women from “Return of the Daughters.”

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

DP was ready big time to rep and promote various artists in the vintage dance community (there's probably a better term for this) and other avenues. I would think that these folks would be on the progressive/liberal end of the political spectrum. 

Is it possible that word got around or through Doug himself that he's a retrograde alt-reich wingnut and his prospects died?  Because of nanny-gate his options in the Christian arts community are zip.  He could go on the repentance band wagon and come forth with a new angle, but his ego wouldn't allow him to admit wrong. 

Just cannot figure out where this guy is hanging out and what he's doing for a living. Maybe lawyering? 

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Is it possible that word got around or through Doug himself that he's a retrograde alt-reich wingnut and his prospects died?

Maybe. It's also possible that DPIART did not make or have enough money to keep filming the various events in Europe. While it's a living for people like Lady Flo, I'd be surprised if her activities generate enough income to pay Dougie regularly for his services & expenses.

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Because of nanny-gate his options in the Christian arts community are zip. 

You would think so but, like Be-All, I'll bet a lot of those people blame the survivor(s) of Doug's abuse, not Doug. Given his shit-posting on the VF FB page, I wouldn't bet against Dougie's launching a new fundie scam. 

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Maybe lawyering?

Checked the bar registries of TX, VA, TN, and DC. He is only listed on the DC Bar as an inactive member due to non-payment of dues. So, he can't be lawyering officially although he could possibly do paralegal work. I don't know how certification of paralegals works in those jurisdictions.

705698330_DeadbeatDoug.thumb.png.db9e4c05870f2c8277374561f5832b17.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

15 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:
5 hours ago, Howl said:

Because of nanny-gate his options in the Christian arts community are zip. 

You would think so but, like Be-All, I'll bet a lot of those people blame the survivor(s) of Doug's abuse, not Doug. Given his shit-posting on the VF FB page, I wouldn't bet against Dougie's launching a new fundie scam. 

Yeah, I think he could very easily make a come back. There are plenty of low men in high places he could partner up with to start a new “ministry.” Aside from Bradrick, none of his partners in crime ever called him out publicly for what he did. And how many of them have their own secrets or support other sketchy leaders? I’m still amazed that almost ten years later he hasn’t resurfaced in a church/ministry context. He was buddies with RC Sproul Jr. They’d go very well together now. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Columbia said:

He was buddies with RC Sproul Jr. They’d go very well together now. 

I believe in the garbage person olympics, R.C. Sproul may outscore our antihero Dougie (if only due to lack of exposure on the Tool's antics). R.C. publicly trashing his dead wife and children's mother, after she put up with his entitled, drunk, spanking, wayward ass, makes him worse.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

I believe in the garbage person olympics, R.C. Sproul may outscore our antihero Dougie (if only due to lack of exposure on the Tool's antics). R.C. publicly trashing his dead wife and children's mother, after she put up with his entitled, drunk, spanking, wayward ass, makes him worse.

And drink driving! Doug wasn’t risking lives via car crash when he indulged in his “vices”

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

And drink driving! Doug wasn’t risking lives via car crash when he indulged in his “vices”

Don't forget their soulmate, Jerry Falwell Jr. (Although his wife is in on his con). The common denominator these three craven narcissists share is wanton disrespect and disregard and probably disdain for their belief syatem, followers, families and victims.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

So which guy do you think did the most damage? Vision forum, with its starving, honeschooling families and stay-at-home daughters, Spanky, with his terrible conduct as a drunk, controlling pastor and embezzler, or J.F. Jr., who may have actual blood on his hands from making Liberty U stay open during Covid plus being the first evangelical to endorse Trump?

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

So which guy do you think did the most damage?

Doug Wilson needs to be on that list even though he's VF adjacent via Spanky.

He's still growing more powerful and is, to my mind, a truly evil, conniving, Machiavellian, racist, misogynist man, ugly to the depths of his soul.  There's also a family dynasty of Wilson men underway. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

He's still growing more powerful and is, to my mind, a truly evil, conniving, Machiavellian, racist, misogynist man, ugly to the depths of his soul.  There's also a family dynasty of Wilson men underway. 

And also a bad novelist. Holy smokes. Do you think his followers had to like his book?

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

Do you think his followers had to like his book?

They aren't critical thinkers.  There were a few glowing reviews from his followers. 

• Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Cults-r-us said:

So which guy do you think did the most damage? Vision forum, with its starving, honeschooling families and stay-at-home daughters, Spanky, with his terrible conduct as a drunk, controlling pastor and embezzler, or J.F. Jr., who may have actual blood on his hands from making Liberty U stay open during Covid plus being the first evangelical to endorse Trump?

Intriguing - here’s a thought: Can we rank whether any of them did any good?

Not necessarily a bank shot kind of good - like Philips’ vicious reaction to Bradrick  sending Bradrick ‘round the bend to where he left VF, left griftjng and now makes an honest living in real estate? ((Well, as honest as real estate can be *rimshot*. As Bad as RE can get, It’s kilometers ahead of VF in honesty!)) 

Do we have any knowledge of sick people visited, poor people given financial aid, people in crisis receiving good counsel that helped them get to the next stage in one piece?  Any evidence of any of them following the directions of Jesus in the Sermon in the Mount, etc.?

I’m gonna blue-sky it and say they’re all pretty dang destructive & that none of them had done any good for the least among them. 

The leaders have benefitted! 

• Upvote 8

On 8/15/2021 at 8:57 PM, Cults-r-us said:

Oh as someone who went to Liberty, and know this area has only marginally improved, Falwell Jr.  and his Daddy.  So, so, so many suicides completed by LGBTQ+ after LU

(they are all terrible and harmful, but Falwell had a much broader reach, and in this particular way his father was actually slightly worse than him)

Edited by treemom
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 8

On 8/15/2021 at 7:17 PM, Howl said:

I would stick him at the top of that list. His influence is growing considerably, and he has basically shaped his empire that should accusations ever come out, he’s surrounded by family members and yes-men who will protect him unquestioningly. He will oversee the destruction of as many women and children as it takes to maintain his power. 

DPIATR was creepy, RC Jr is an ass, but Doug Wilson scares me. He’s a power-drunk sociopath. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Columbia said:

DPIATR was creepy, RC Jr is an ass, but Doug Wilson scares me. He’s a power-drunk sociopath. 

Agree with your assessment 100% and I'll add that he's an extremely skillful power-drunk sociopath who has successfully implemented an extensive authoritarian regime right there in Moscow, ID.  His ability to control and manipulate people to his ends is extraordinary. 

He also seems to be sending out tentacles to extend his range of influence with some flavors of Baptists and possibly other denominations -- a kind of Big Tent move. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic