IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 12

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Those types of dresses are popular now. Which is helpful to fundies when looking for modest options. But now they have less to Complain about. Which probably makes them sad. 

Ah, good to know.  Harkening back to Little House on the Prairie? 

• Upvote 4

She was in jeans and an ordinary striped top in the photo from Thanksgiving, so I assume she was just going for a romantic look for the announcement. She pops up in Faith's Instagram stories occasionally, and generally looks pretty normal.

She has an etsy store Faith pimps out quite a lot: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WhistlingGypsyTC

Not too much listed at the moment, but there are more pics here:

https://www.instagram.com/wgypsytradingco/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

1 minute ago, Howl said:

Ah, good to know.  Harkening back to Little House on the Prairie? 

It kind of is! Some are a little too frilly and puffy for me. But I’ve seen a few that are cute. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Howl said:

So the question is always, where Doug?  I mean really, where the heck is he? What's he up to?  Where does he live?  Is he making bank?  Have an actual job?

Wherever Doug is actually living, moving & having his being, he is still posting shit from his VF glory days on the After VF FB page. This week, heʻs revisiting the annual cosplay celebration of the sinking of the Titanic. 

It will be interesting to see what, if anything, Be-all & Doug say on their public social media about Jubilee's engagement. 

• Upvote 6

Dougie went through a period about a month or two ago on his nyc_cinematographer IG account, where he seemed to suddenly discover Instagram Stories. Kept posting weird, non-personal shit, such as “The Muse” by Gabriel de Cool (which he re-posted over and over for days).

492688370_TheMuse.png.f5155208d9cbeeea304d1578c7e5d8fb.png

He didn't do much in terms of regular posts, though he re-posted a few older things that we've seen a million times (swing dance vids and the like).  I'm not sure what, if anything, happened, but he took the account private, last I looked.

I wonder if Justice ever kicked him off of his sofa :pb_rollseyes:

• Thank You 5

His Cinema of Wonders website is also private but the Vimeo account is still up -- nothing new added to it.

Gonna guess that his post-VF scams & grifts have become pretty thin on the ground, especially with COID-19 shutting down most travel. 

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Kept posting weird, non-personal shit, such as “The Muse” by Gabriel de Cool (which he re-posted over and over for days).

Hmmmmm, Cynical me wonders if Doug identifies with the writer in that painting, and wishes for a nubile young thing of his own to comfort and inspire him.

But SRSLY, what is Doug up to?  Beall vague posts about

"The things I’m thankful for this year are not the things I thought I would be thankful for. Some are hard things I didn’t want, but I see the good in hindsight. Some are hard things that are just hard, but I still thank God because they are part of “everything.” 

I do have a certain admiration for Beall.  First, she loves her children without reservation.  At one point in her life she was riding high and from all we know about her role as queen of VF, was on the arrogant and insufferable end of the spectrum -- and was brought down in an extremely public and humiliating way. 

She went from abundance to penury.  She went from being safely ensconced as a smug SAHM who would be financially cared for by her husband to doing elder care, driving around in a car she couldn't afford to repair, and living in an apartment. 

At least in her public social media, she doesn't complain, holds her head up high, cares for and raises her children, continues to work and do what needs done. She's read some interesting books, hasn't lost her faith, and just keeps on keeping on. 

I'd probably hate her politics. Is it all a facade? I don't know.  Her husband is hiding out (literally? figuratively?).  Is it done out of respect for a request for privacy? Is it helping to cover up something nefarious? Is it a family decision? Are they still married? 

As long as they don't become public figures espousing their father's whack-a-do politics, I wish the children well.  I doubt any of them will loose their faith and become exvangelicals, but may it soften with time. 

Heck, I even wish Beall well.   But it's just all so weird...

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

By the way, I don't mind (and may welcome) critiques, disagreement, strong blowback, "WTAF can she be thinking?" or "Ima gonna set that b***h straight!" in response to my post above. ☺️

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I do have sympathy for Beall. I still have issues with her from the VF days, and MAJOR issues with the way she reportedly handled Doug's abuse of Lourdes, but in a lot of ways, I think she's suffered the consequences of Doug's actions more than Doug has. I don't envy her that, and I do respect her for buckling down and working to support herself and her family in far from ideal circumstances.

Speaking of Justice, his IG is open again, and he has a blog.

https://www.instagram.com/thejusticephillips/

https://www.thejusticephillips.com/blog/

Some interesting stuff about the season he spent on a fishing boat in Alaska. Apparently he lived in a homeless shelter while looking for a job up there?

I had been in Alaska for over a month. At the end of April, I took a flight from my home in Texas all the way north to cold and dreary Anchorage, and then by prop plane to the island of Kodiak. Known for its massive brown bears, elk hunting, and salmon fisheries. I found a place to stay in the local homeless shelter. Which on any given night housed the local drunks, traveling fisherman, and guys like me looking for a job. I spent about a week walking around town asking every man who looked like a fisherman where I could find a job. I even tried to apply at a couple of local canneries. I was told you could work there until you found a job on a boat. I made notes with my phone number and posted them in local coffee shops in hopes someone would call. When none of those options turned out I started walking up and down the docks asking anyone I saw if they needed a deckhand to hire. Most of them said no. But eventually, someone said to walk across the bridge to the small island across the harbor which housed the drydock and look for a small boat with a green stripe named The Interceptor. The man said his son-in-law was getting his boat ready for the upcoming season and might need some help.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

39 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

I do have sympathy for Beall. I still have issues with her from the VF days, and MAJOR issues with the way she reportedly handled Doug's abuse of Lourdes, but in a lot of ways, I think she's suffered the consequences of Doug's actions more than Doug has. I don't envy her that, and I do respect her for buckling down and working to support herself and her family in far from ideal circumstances.

Speaking of Justice, his IG is open again, and he has a blog.

https://www.instagram.com/thejusticephillips/

https://www.thejusticephillips.com/blog/

Some interesting stuff about the season he spent on a fishing boat in Alaska. Apparently he lived in a homeless shelter while looking for a job up there?

That tells me Justice has a better work ethic than his own father. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That tells me Justice has a better work ethic than his own father. 

Justice probably has a better work ethic than 95% of his contemporaries. Work on the fishing boats is dangerous with long hours. I have family who work / have worked on the fishing boats. The money is good, and they usually work enough in the summer to be able to travel outside of Alaska the rest of the year. 

Edited by FiveAcres
typo
  • Upvote 14

1 hour ago, AnnaSofia said:

The last I saw, including a December 2017 entry on her dormant blog, Beall blamed Lourdes for it all, saying that she lied about what had happened. Beall hid that entry almost as soon as she posted it but she told her readers to save their sympathy for the real victims of sexual assault. Whether Beall actually believes that or got gaslighted into supporting DPIART (or felt she had to, for the sake of her family's welfare), who knows? There's no doubt that she & the children still at home at that time bore more of the consequences of the Fall of the Tool than Dougie did. 

I only see her public IG and the other public social media associated with the Phillips family and VF. A current photo or video of Doug has not appeared in any of them for many months, AFAIK, despite Beall's blizzard of "happily married" hashtags and the "best of VF" posts on the After VF FB page.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1

Jubilee's fiance is kinda hunky and I like the way he dresses. 

Justice using the words "shit" and "hellbent" in his most recent post is making me a little too happy. I mean... Get a life, DWT. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

Jubilee's fiance is kinda hunky and I like the way he dresses. 

Justice using the words "shit" and "hellbent" in his most recent post is making me a little too happy. I mean... Get a life, DWT. 

If I were a younger insect, I'd fight ya for him.

But you & I would remain friends no matter which of us wound up with him.  Beauty fades.  Snark is forever.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

If I were a younger insect, I'd fight ya for him.

@MamaJunebug, I admit it took a minute for the synapse to fire, but I got it! Love it. 

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

I’d be more inclined to admire or feel for Beall if she had, even once, taken any responsibility or apologized for the shit she put Lourdes through or the arrogant, spiritually abusive way she treated people before The Fall.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

21 hours ago, Howl said:

Hmmmmm, Cynical me wonders if Doug identifies with the writer in that painting, and wishes for a nubile young thing of his own to comfort and inspire him.

I was gonna say that regular me thought that was more than likely, almost obvious.  But then I remembered that regular me is cynical me.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

On 4/15/2021 at 2:43 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Those types of dresses are popular now. Which is helpful to fundies when looking for modest options.

My ex-fundy friends were snarking on Target's line last year to a degree that would have made FJ proud.  

• Upvote 8

Jtits posted that he bought his first house and they moved in on Delaney’s due date. That reminds me of Kelly Brown being dragged around Europe while heavily pregnant. I really hope Delaney mostly sat on her butt the whole time directing everyone and wasn’t expected to help much. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

The post sounds more like he was gently razzing her for insisting they move the second they closed on the house. Given the background here, it's hard to tell if there's more under the surface, but hopefully the "bros" JT references did all the heavy lifting.

817944679_Screenshot4-23.jpg.26c61fd22ea3d5bbab27a50280b7e5d9.jpg

When they originally came back to the states, I got the impression they weren't necessarily going to stay long. I'm too lazy to comb Twitter posts, but I seem to remember JT insinuating that their globetrotting wasn't over. I wonder if being somewhat grounded by the pandemic prompted the move to more permanent housing.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

I wonder if being somewhat grounded by the pandemic prompted the move to more permanent housing.

Well, that and wee lad #2. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Can someone refresh me on the fundies who were big into costuming from this (Jane Austen-ish) era?  Was it the Chauncy (sp?) family?

And this thing of fathers in charge of a daughter's purity.  It seemed weird at the time and it's infinitely worse in retrospect. Just grotesque. 

Yuck.   YuckYuckYuck.  So. Much. Ick. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic