IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 12

Coconut Flan

Damn.  This shop is (was?) in a very good location on the main tourist drag in Durango, so very high rent. November (when the first article was published)  is a bit of a slack time of year,  COVID can't have helped, Trump signs turned off at least some customers, but White Lives Matter and Kyle Rittenhouse is a hero signs, plus the mask resistance would have crossed a line into crazy town. Good riddance to those ass hats.  

Should we not be surprised that's where Faith ended up working?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Of all the places to expect to be "bad ass and militant" a frozen yogurt shop.  wow.  Also, please tell me i'm not the only one who read it as "Tap That." ?

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 1/2/2021 at 5:09 PM, Howl said:

Should we not be surprised that's where Faith ended up working?

Yeah, I (foolishly) assumed it was a random service industry job, but after reading that I'm wondering if one or both of the owners were associated with VF back in the day, or at least knew Doug and/or Beall.

I tried Googling with no luck, but it's been more than seven years since VF disintegrated, and a lot of things simply don't come up anymore.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Wow. 
Even my Trump-supporting right-wing sibling (a successful small business owner) thinks it’s really stupid for a business to align publicly with politics, because either way the business stands to lose half its customer base. My sibling is scrupulously apolitical at work. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I'm wondering if one or both of the owners were associated with VF back in the day, or at least knew Doug and/or Beall.

Well, we never solved the mystery of why Fam Phillips sold the farm and moved to Durango in the first place. Perhaps this is the missing piece?

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Howl said:

Well, we never solved the mystery of why Fam Phillips sold the farm and moved to Durango in the first place. Perhaps this is the missing piece?

Yes, but recall that the farm was not theirs to sell in the first place. Their fancy-schmancy house with indoor pool was owned by Jim Leininger.  So quite possibly done other wealthy entrepreneurs invited them to lodge on their fine in Durango.  Poor Durango! 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Yes, but recall that the farm was not theirs to sell in the first place.

More of a figure of speech, but they did have a giant garage sale to sell their household furnishings.  

Their house in Durango was an old dumpy cramped Victorian -- a very tight fit for Beale and all the kids (4?)  living with her at the time.  Doug was also there at least some of the time. 

She was homesick for Texas when she lived there and also where she first started working. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, VVV said:

Wow. 
Even my Trump-supporting right-wing sibling (a successful small business owner) thinks it’s really stupid for a business to align publicly with politics, because either way the business stands to lose half its customer base. My sibling is scrupulously apolitical at work. 

I totally agree. That’s a big reason why I’ve always kept politics off fb. These people really shot themselves in the foot. 

Speaking of VF olden days....

Over the years we learned there were tiers in VF. Of course Dougie and fam were top tier. The Coughlins we pretty low and did a ton of work for VF in their warehouse. They would ship lots of VF merchandise while treated “lower” than some of the bigger names in VF. I believe we learned this from Deanna Coughlan when she visited. I’m guessing the Coughlins learned a lot from this experience and are now running an Amazon business. It seems to be selling a lot of merch and doing pretty well. Recently the Coughlins moved into what looks like a much nicer home. I’m going to guess the Coughlins (who were on the lower tiers of VF) are now doing much better financially than the once royal Phillips family. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, VVV said:

Even my Trump-supporting right-wing sibling (a successful small business owner) thinks it’s really stupid for a business to align publicly with politics

Someone in a fb group I belong to recommended a sports nutritional supplement from a company called Legion Supplements.  The products on their web site  feature pure ingredients and good formulations, so I was interested.  I was looking through their book titles (all related to exercise and weight training) and the very last thing was this:  The Know Your Bill of Rights book . I read this: 

• Do you really want the crooked baby-kissers and fake news to tell you what your rights are?
    • The Founders fought tirelessly to guarantee these God-given rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...
    • ...and if you want to discover what the two-faced corruptocrats and their media lackeys absolutely hate the most about our country and Constitution...you want to read this book today.

I replied to that fb post, noting that Legion Supplements has this book on their web site and also added it as a comment the other two times the company showed up on my facebook feed.  They lost my business and I hope others saw it and decided to take their business elsewhere as well. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Howl said:

Someone in a fb group I belong to recommended a sports nutritional supplement from a company called Legion Supplements.  The products on their web site  feature pure ingredients and good formulations, so I was interested.  I was looking through their book titles (all related to exercise and weight training) and the very last thing was this:  The Know Your Bill of Rights book . I read this: 

• I replied to that fb post, noting that Legion Supplements has this book on their web site and also added it as a comment the other two times the company showed up on my facebook feed.  They lost my business and I hope others saw it and decided to take their business elsewhere as well. 

My nephew wanted a hunting hat from a company I researched online and found they are very right wing trump supporters. Therefore my nephew got a gas gift card for Christmas instead ?

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

As usual, Doug and Beall come out swinging in defense of the indefensible -- this time, it's Melania Trump. 1004542170_DougBeallDefendtheVileMelania.thumb.jpg.eed059551ebb1978c3b2f8d9e6124074.jpg

Gotta say, the VF FB page makes it look increasingly as though Dougie and Beall are scheming to make a comeback on the Christian grifters' gravy train. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 2

Gotta say, this is an extremely weird take.  Why are they so determined to go to bat for Melania, of all people, and for this particular aspect -- a former confidante who writes a book.  

And all the carrying on, high dudgeon, criticism of contemporary culture and mainstream media?  That is so so so SO Doug.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Hah! I tried to read Winston Wolkoff’s book and found it (a) turgid* with details about the rn-up to the 2017 inauguration events; and (b)  disingenuous in the author’s portrayal of herself as M. Trump’s long-suffering, devoted servant. 

WW had a girl crush on MT from the get-go when MT stood out from other aspiring models that breezed through Anna Wintour’s offices at Vogue.

WW was an energetic, driven executive whose C-section sutures broke when she fell down some stairs she was running up on the job very soon after having major surgery to give birth way back, working for Vogue or her own company.  

I’m not judging her for that, just saying that’s about as devoted to duty as my former boss, who brought her 1-week-old newborn to her office and kept her under her desk while she worked her usual long days.  Those are individuals who know what they want and have lots of drive and energy to gain it and idolize their goals. 

Individuals like them, in my experience, are pretty flinty-eyed about people. Why didn’t WW figure MT out for the user MT is?

I’m aware that I’m making lots of assumptions so I’ll dial it back to this: Simply stared, WW felt much more positively for MT than MT ever reciprocated.  

For far longer than it made sense, WW drove herself to serve MT - and endured neck surgery for a condition worsened by the stress of it all  

Why does Doug Winston Phillips react so harshly to WW?  Because he was the god that so many idolized and loved, while he could not have cared less about them, just as WW idolized MT until she finally wised up.

DWP(IART) looks at Winston Wolkoff’s book and fears a similar one will be written about himself  

Except, thank G-d, humble & pretty Lourdes wised up and blew the whistle and stopped VF  in its tracks.

* Is “turgid” the word I want? Reading all the details was a slog, seriously  

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Why are they so determined to go to bat for Melania, of all people, and for this particular aspect -- a former confidante who writes a book.  

Because, IMO, they are trying to portray themselves as being similarly victimized in the case where Doug Phillips was credibly accused of sexual assault.

Thus, in this spin, they imply that Doug's victim was one of their "close friends and employees" who decided to "use the personal access" she had to them "to humiliate and destroy them." Beall, in particular, has always maintained that the allegations were completely false. 

An irony here is that Doug and Beall are lying through their teeth while Melania's former staffer is probably telling the truth -- the more we learn about Melania, the worse she is. 

As images of a violent mob breaking into the US Capitol consumed airwaves, First Lady Melania Trump was focused on getting a photoshoot completed at the White House, according to a report by CNN....When asked by aides whether she wanted to release a statement calling for peace and calm, the first lady chose to say nothing and remained silent.

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 5

"...use the personal access they had..."

Doug, it's not like you were Brad Pitt or Denzel Washington, dodging paparazzi and hiding from legions of crazed fans. In your dreams. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

I was going through photos from my old laptop this weekend and found a few sweet photos of Doug fellowshipping with other fellows. I wish that I had a photo of Mr Clementine and I where we look so happy together.

Plus a more recent photo of Doug filming burlesque dancers in Europe.

I think the first photo is from the tour to Europe where they ended up in Scotland. Doug took the group to what looks like a regular fish and chips place, presented it like it was a huge thing and filmed a clip that they posted to their followers who couldn't afford to go and named the clip  "The grease that changed the world" or something like that. Can anybody remember?

Found it! It's from 2011:
https://www.facebook.com/visionforum/posts/heres-a-fun-little-video-from-our-european-tour-team-about-the-grease-that-chang/121785657907436/

Doug2.JPG

Spoiler

Doug4.JPG

Doug3.jpg

Edited by Coconut Flan
Spoiler for multiple photos.
  • Thank You 10

5 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

Wow!  Doug is really touchy-feely, isn't he?

Doug would repulse me if I met him in real life. I HATE touchy feely people trying to touch me. I don’t like being touched unless it’s a very close family member. This was long before covid. One of the few positives from this pandemic. People finally give me my fucking space. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

Wow!  Doug is really touchy-feely, isn't he?

He sure is!

douandpeter.jpg.7bcf93fe0b8961b00de71b4d1237c0d6.jpg

• WTF 1
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

He sure is!

Not getting a "respecter of personal space" vibe from this photo!  Also unmanly.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

He sure is!

This pic is why I thought DPIARBT’s big downfall would be with a man.

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

I like Faith's dress, but I'm extremely confused as to why she's quoting Elton John and hashtagging David Bowie.

(Disclosure: screenshot was lightly Photoshopped so that both the quote and hashtags would be visible in the same frame.)

827000857_Screenshot_2021-01-18FaithEvangeline(sewingtreble)Instagramphotosandvideos.thumb.jpg.bb50377c17ac1fb7a2fe1e21319fd4ea.jpg

Did Bowie have some connection to Tiny Dancer I'm unaware of?

This exchange (from the following post) with Doug's sister Jennifer only leaves me more confused:

809746403_Screenshot2_2021-01-18FaithEvangeline(sewingtreble)Instagramphotosandvideos.jpg.976f31f200947ad5c90d09ceaf5600a2.jpg

She's absolutely right, of course, but I'm not really seeing a Bowie connection to that style of dress?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Trying not to be too cynical, but was it posted the day or shortly after the anniversary of his death? Going for hashtags that are trending....

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Ms said:

Trying not to be too cynical, but was it posted the day or shortly after the anniversary of his death? Going for hashtags that are trending....

That was my thought. One of the FM stations I listen to in the car was playing a Bowie song, and noted it was the anniversary of his death -- Jan 10, 2016.  Does that match  up with the date of her post?

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic