IGNORED

Jana 11: All Hail the Mustard Cardigan

samurai_sarah

I've been so out of the Jana loop and don't exactly have the attention span to scour through the thread... WHO THE EFF IS STEPHEN!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

18 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

patriarchy in full bloom. He wants to build a fence to protect.... JOSH. He doesn't care about the family who took him in. He doesn't care about any of Josh's possible victims.

He wants the papparazzi out of there, and he doesn't want some gun carrying yahoo taking aim on his son. 

If JB doesn't feel like Josh isn't safe with random people possibly carrying guns near his son that is funny. I believe they are pro-gun (to the extreme) and now  he doesn't want Josh to be around someone one carrying a gun. That is rich! 

• I Agree 4

5 hours ago, finnlassie said:

I've been so out of the Jana loop and don't exactly have the attention span to scour through the thread... WHO THE EFF IS STEPHEN!

Wissman. Another fundie family. Jana is rumoured to be with Stephen and unmarried male twin with his sister Hannah. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 5/21/2021 at 12:41 AM, ophelia said:

Her garden looks amazing and I have to admit I'm a little bit jealous!

What else does she have to do?  Tons of time for gardening. She doesn’t work, go to school, or have a family to raise. ??‍♀️

But I’m jealous too I have the blackest of thumbs.

Edited by Tdoc72
  • Upvote 6

@finnlassie, a lot of fundie families like to talk about being a "music ministry." The Wissmans stand out as being one family that credibly does have a music ministry, notwithstanding hateful beliefs. They have singing videos on You Tube. 

• Upvote 5

Looks like she's wearing the same sweatpants that she bikes in (I hate that I know this.)

As someone who loves gardening, I'm amused that she filmed herself planting stuff with flip-flops on and no gardening gloves.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Looks like she's wearing the same sweatpants that she bikes in (I hate that I know this.)

As someone who loves gardening, I'm amused that she filmed herself planting stuff with flip-flops on and no gardening gloves.

I garden a lot and i am generally bare feet and wear no gloves.  I also like rainy day gardening and night time gardening. Now when i am pest controlling, that is when i put on gloves. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, indianabones said:

I planted my entire garden in flip flops without gardening gloves. 

• Upvote 6

I used to love flip flops. I wore them all summer long and much too long into the fall. Then I got older and realized I need lots of support. Plus flip flops make me trip more. I couldn’t wear flip flops while gardening. But I never wear gloves. 

• Upvote 8

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I used to love flip flops. I wore them all summer long and much too long into the fall. Then I got older and realized I need lots of support. Plus flip flops make me trip more. I couldn’t wear flip flops while gardening. But I never wear gloves. 

I was just thinking how I spend entire summers in flip flops. Going on vacations, city trips and other stuff that included a lot of walking.
Now even thinking of it makes my body hurt.

I hardly ever garden, but whenever I do I'm doing it barefoot and without gloves. I just love getting dirty.

• Upvote 7

44 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I own multiple pairs of $75-100 flip flops. They have good support.  I wear the oldest ones to garden. I hate actual shoes when it’s hot and don’t want to get other sandals dirty. 

• Upvote 6

Just now, louisa05 said:

I own multiple pairs of $75-100 flip flops. They have good support.  I wear the oldest ones to garden. I hate actual shoes when it’s hot and don’t want to get other sandals dirty. 

Lol I don’t think I’ve ever spent that much on a shoe in all my life ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I love Birkenstocks as summer shoes, but I wouldn't really call the flip flops. They are more like sandals and I like them for their support.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Crocs exist to be gardening shoes. 

I’ve never owned a pair of crocs in my life but I’ve thought about buying a pair just to see if I would like them. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Lol I don’t think I’ve ever spent that much on a shoe in all my life ?

I have really high arches, extreme pronation and weird ankles (a PT explained the ankles to me once but I don’t remember the details). I also tend to hyperextend joints and have two bad knees. Cheap shoes fell apart quickly when I used to buy them and just cause pain now. So good brands with support are necessary.  For flip flops, I’ve tried several brands and am all about Merrill now. I get a discount code now and again for buying direct from them, so the pair I just bought was only $65. 

• Upvote 5

When my knees went bad I started wearing a brand called Vionic. They are pricy but I need that arch support. They are high quality so I get two summers out of a pair. My husband does our garden work. This fall, he was working outside and didn't have gloves on. He got bit on his ear and slapped it with his hand. He got cellulitis from it and almost ended up in the hospital. It took him a month to recover. Crazy. Now he is wearing long clothes, gloves, socks, the whole nine yards.  But that feeling of digging your hands in the earth, I miss it. After my second knee is done I hope I can get back into it. 

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

When my knees went bad I started wearing a brand called Vionic. They are pricy but I need that arch support. They are high quality so I get two summers out of a pair. My husband does our garden work. This fall, he was working outside and didn't have gloves on. He got bit on his ear and slapped it with his hand. He got cellulitis from it and almost ended up in the hospital. It took him a month to recover. Crazy. Now he is wearing long clothes, gloves, socks, the whole nine yards.  But that feeling of digging your hands in the earth, I miss it. After my second knee is done I hope I can get back into it. 

I have  Vionic slippers. But their shoes are just...not quite my style. 
I wear Born sandals and boots. I like Sperry, too. But they don’t have as much support. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I have really high arches, extreme pronation and weird ankles (a PT explained the ankles to me once but I don’t remember the details). I also tend to hyperextend joints and have two bad knees. Cheap shoes fell apart quickly when I used to buy them and just cause pain now. So good brands with support are necessary.  For flip flops, I’ve tried several brands and am all about Merrill now. I get a discount code now and again for buying direct from them, so the pair I just bought was only $65. 

Question for you and it's weird LOL.  Are the Merrill shoes bouncy when you walk?  With my bad knees I find that many shoes with support also have mega absorption/cushioning which bothers my knees, similar to walking on super soft sand, you don't realize how stabilization your knees provide.  I've tried a couple different brands, types, but keep going back to my very old pair of sport sandals for walking longer distances or when my knees act up and I expect one day they're just going to fall off my feet!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’ve never owned a pair of crocs in my life but I’ve thought about buying a pair just to see if I would like them. 

They are the ugliest, most comfiest shoes in existence. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 7

19 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Question for you and it's weird LOL.  Are the Merrill shoes bouncy when you walk?  With my bad knees I find that many shoes with support also have mega absorption/cushioning which bothers my knees, similar to walking on super soft sand, you don't realize how stabilization your knees provide.  I've tried a couple different brands, types, but keep going back to my very old pair of sport sandals for walking longer distances or when my knees act up and I expect one day they're just going to fall off my feet!

I don't think they are. My newest pair has a memory foam insole and might feel that way, but it doesn't bother my ridiculously bad knees or bother my back. Wore them at school all day yesterday without any problems (the teacher memes with "teacher" dressed up all nice and professional in September contrasted with the same "teacher" looking like a possibly mentally ill homeless person in May are not exactly wrong!). 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

12 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

Question for you and it's weird LOL.  Are the Merrill shoes bouncy when you walk?  With my bad knees I find that many shoes with support also have mega absorption/cushioning which bothers my knees, similar to walking on super soft sand, you don't realize how stabilization your knees provide.  I've tried a couple different brands, types, but keep going back to my very old pair of sport sandals for walking longer distances or when my knees act up and I expect one day they're just going to fall off my feet

I have Merrill hiking boots and they are fine. Don’t know about their shoes. You have problems similar to mine, and you might find that hard shoes are counterintuitively more comfortable than super cushiony ones. Think people who are on their feet all day—wait staff, nurse’s  aides, etc., and they are often wearing clog type shoes. I was a teacher and I wore Danskos. Alternatively, think about having professionally made orthotics. Pull out the cushioned insole from sneakers, insert orthotics and you are good to go. (I had a bad pair made by an orthopedic surgeon. I have a great pair made by someone who only makes orthotics.) I never have trouble with my knees now. 

It is quite possible crocs would help. ?
  Good luck. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I have  Vionic slippers. But their shoes are just...not quite my style. 
I wear Born sandals and boots. I like Sperry, too. But they don’t have as much support. 

I loved Sperry shoes! So super cute, but no, they don't offer enough support. I loved Converse sneakers too and had a bunch of colors several years ago. As I get older I went from anything that I like to must wear flats to now, must have orthopedic support. Man getting old blows. ?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, indianabones said:

I am always in my garden in flip flops and no gloves. I hate the feel of gloves and I wear flip-flops (the athletic kind) from April to October. 

• Upvote 2

I need gloves because I love digging in the dirt, but I am not a fan of the creatures that live in it investigating my fingers. That way lies madness (mine) and entertainment (my neighbors). 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic