IGNORED

Joe & Kendra 15: Mother/Daughter Pregnancies are So Not Icky

nelliebelle1197

Praise is much better as a middle name than a first name but as virtue naming goes it isn’t my least favorite as a first name either. Brooklyn is fine, not for me, but fine. 

I’m sure one of Kendras sisters will stay with them to “help out” if they haven’t already. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I blame those lovely birth hormones. My pics were the same: I looked radiant and well rested, because I was high as a kite on endorphins. My husband looked like a wreck because he didn't get any sleep all night.

I've always said if they could put post partum happy hormones in pill form I'd be a lifelong addict.

With all of mine I had what one OB called post-partum elation.  I was never happier in my life, about everything, than I was those couple of months post-partum.  It was absolutely an altered state of joy, but damn I miss that.

I was responsible and stopped at three, what we could afford and properly care for, but I get being addicted to pregnancy and post-partum because I absolutely loved both.  (Not saying my pregnancies were all sunshine and warm hugs but for the most part I was ridiculously happy.)

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 6

My first is just over a month old and my husband has never slept better. I'm up with her at night as we're exclusively breast feeding at this point. I prefer him to sleep so when she's not too fussy he can hold her during the day and I can take a nap. Of course best laid plans... she's been fussy and clingy for me a lot the past week so not as willing to sit with him for more than a quick bathroom break.

He's had insomnia for years so this is a miracle. The endorphins are amazing, though.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 8

Here’s my BEC for today...like someone else mentioned, I tend to group the Dug-Bates as one big monopoly. I am disappointed that they don’t have more variety in their names. Too many Josies, Graces, Jacksons, Ci names, K names, Brooklyns Evie, Ivy, Evanges, Michaels, Davids, Garretts. Just too damn many. How about they mix in a Violet, Rebecca, Bryan or Brendan. Now we don’t need any more Spurgeons or Wilberforces either.

• Upvote 8
  • Move Along 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Roughly speaking, Anna has a baby every two years and Kendra has one every year. Currently Anna has six and Kendra has three. Anna is widely believed to be pregnant already, and if not, she’s on schedule to be pregnant soon. So Anna will likely have a baby or two in the next three years, while Kendra  is likely to have two or three. That puts them at 7-8 for Anna and 6-7 for Kendra in 2024. By then Anna will be 35 and her fertility may start to slow down. Assuming that neither of them slows down drastically or stops suddenly for some reason, Kendra should pull ahead in about five or six years.

Sorry, I suck at math and it’s too late to edit. Kendra should have 5-6 kids by 2024, so she won’t catch up with Anna until at least 2027, when they would both have around nine kids. And Kendra will still be only 28, while Anna will be 38!

I once wrote a lengthy post about projected numbers of Duggar grandchildren that assumed 20x5=200 (in fact it’s 100).

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1

In my daughter's 1st grade class there were twin girls Praise and Glory. It was 20 years ago and I'm still not over it. FUN FACT- Mom withdrew them to homeschool after 2nd grade.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 3
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Eyeroll 1

I like the name Prudence and am kind of surprised none of the fundies have used it.

(My daughter is very glad this one didn't make the cut for her.  I was almost Priscilla and am still annoyed my mom let herself be talked out of that one.)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I like the name Prudence and am kind of surprised none of the fundies have used it.

(My daughter is very glad this one didn't make the cut for her.  I was almost Priscilla and am still annoyed my mom let herself be talked out of that one.)

If they showed any interest in variety beyond the truly bizarre (Spurgeon and Wilberforce), I’d say that there’s still time.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

of all the virtues, I don't think prudence is one the Duggars can pride themselves on. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 22

35 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I've always said if they could put post partum happy hormones in pill form I'd be a lifelong addict.

With all of mine I had what one OB called post-partum elation.  I was never happier in my life, about everything, than I was those couple of months post-partum.  It was absolutely an altered state of joy, but damn I miss that.

I was responsible and stopped at three, what we could afford and properly care for, but I get being addicted to pregnancy and post-partum because I absolutely loved both.  (Not saying my pregnancies were all sunshine and warm hugs but for the most part I was ridiculously happy.)

That’s so interesting. My experience was pretty much the complete opposite, both during pregnancy and post partum. I’ve never felt more miserable in my life, both physically and mentally. I love our baby boy, but wow, did I feel awful. Nausea and throwing up for most of the pregnancy, swollen hands and feet (middle of summer...) and getting more and more immobile over time, adding in appendicitis with a weeklong hospital stay and iv antibiotics a couple weeks before my due date, and another 10 days in hospital for the birth (5 days of labor, unplanned c section, another 5 days on antibiotics etc), then bring in SO much pain post partum, breast feeding not working, no sleep due to pumping milk every 2-3 hours day and night, and so much pain for about 6 weeks after the c section. Honestly, this is all a blur now, and I’m just happy to have made it out unscathed, with a healthy and thriving baby. But it was tough. I’m generally rather strong mentally and resilient, but in those first few weeks/months I struggled.

i am SO glad I’m not a fundie having to go through back to back pregnancies. The day I went back to work was the first time in ages I finally felt like myself again, and I’m so so glad my husband loves staying home with baby boy and I get to be back at work (and be much more balanced and relaxed when I get home and spend time with our baby boy than I would be if I had to take care of him 24/7).

Edited by GreenBeans
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 17

25 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I now have the Siouxsie and the Banshees version of Dear Prudence in my head.

• Haha 3
  • Love 1

Brooklyn is the fundie new hip cool name.  

This couple is like a bunch of rabbits.  I could easily see them with 20 kids.  Her stomach is going to look like a deflated balloon in a hot minute. 

1 minute ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I now have the Siouxsie and the Banshees version of Dear Prudence in my head.

I love the name Prudence.  I am doing research on our family and I have found so many cool woman’s names.  The men however BORING:  They are all named William, John, Charles, & Michael.  It is a pain in the neck keeping one generation separated from the next. 

• Upvote 5
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Brooklyn is the fundie new hip cool name.  

This couple is like a bunch of rabbits.  I could easily see them with 20 kids.  Her stomach is going to look like a deflated balloon in a hot minute. 

I love the name Prudence.  I am doing research on our family and I have found so many cool woman’s names.  The men however BORING:  They are all named William, John, Charles, & Michael.  It is a pain in the neck keeping one generation separated from the next. 

When Erin used the name Brooklyn wasn’t one of the younger sisters upset, saying it was a name she was planning to use? I think it was either Josie or Katie. 

Hands down favorite virtue name is Mercy. I don’t think fundies are generally into Puritanical virtue names. I doubt they know what the word Prudence even means. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Johannah said:

When Erin used the name Brooklyn wasn’t one of the younger sisters upset, saying it was a name she was planning to use? I think it was either Josie or Katie. 

Hands down favorite virtue name is Mercy. I don’t think fundies are generally into Puritanical virtue names. I doubt they know what the word Prudence even means. 

I love the name Mercy.  Somehow I don't think the Duggars love the song Sometimes She Cries by Warrant as much as I do.

7 minutes ago, indianabones said:

It seems like someone reading this topic either is named Brooklyn or named their child that...

I don't hate the name - I love the name Brooke and this is just a variant of that.  I just think it's an odd choice for fundies.

• Upvote 3

As a heathen,  I  think I'll start a new naming trend using vices instead of virtues. I'll start with myself. I'm going with Gluttony. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 26

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I was almost a mercedes :D

wasn't there a good book in the 80's about a prudence. 

I love the name Anastasia 

21 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

David and Victoria Beckham's oldest son is named Brooklyn. 

because Victoria at one point said he was conceived in Brooklyn new york. 

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

As a heathen,  I  think I'll start a new naming trend using vices instead of virtues. I'll start with myself. I'm going with Gluttony. 

I love that idea - and I'm changing my name to 

Baby-sloth-onesie.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, artdecades said:

I’m sure one of Kendras sisters will stay with them to “help out” if they haven’t already. 

Kendra only hash two sisters...Lauren (who probably helps her mom a lot), and a younger sister who’s about 10.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I’m with the posters who have commented that whilst they don’t love the name, it’s Kendra and Joe’s choice and no one else’s opinion matters. I’m also glad that it’s not a name that will create issues for kiddo should she ever leave the cult. Names are deeply personal; I like the name Emily a lot and had always planned to use it but my cousins named their daughter Emily. They didn’t steal the name, she’s almost four years older, no one knew I liked it and really, first come first served. My friends HATE the name Emily. 
My mom dislikes the name I gave my daughter and her sister, my aunt, loves it. There is no name that will please everyone. 

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I love that idea - and I'm changing my name to 

Baby-sloth-onesie.jpg

He is super cute! I’m pretty calm but might go with wrath just to keep my students from pushing the envelope. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

I love my name...but as a kid I always wanted to be Barbara for some reason. 

probably because my name is so russian...(and no I am not Russian - Canadian with European parents) 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, dawn9476 said:

Denver Bontrager is engaged to A Praise Helferich. I thought I read that name during a deep dive of Fundies recently. This was where. 

https://www.theknot.com/us/denver-bontrager-and-praise-helferich-mar-2021

Wow. So that’s the second Bontrager-Helfrich marriage then...the first being Allison and whatever her husband’s first name is. The Bontragers certainly don’t shy away from these intermarriages do they... Thinking of the Bowers double wedding. I know there’s technically nothing wrong with it. But it just strikes me as squicky... the sort of thing that happened a few generations ago when it was hard for young people to meet potential marriage candidates outside of their own immediate village. 

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic