IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 14: What Happens When Tammy Faye & A Zombie Have a Love Child?

nelliebelle1197

29 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Other elderly ladies wake up to use the toilet and so does Gwen, only she prefers to blame the Divine, because of  course her sleep disturbances are  far more brilliant, powerful, brighter, keener, more beautiful, more direct, further advanced and futuristic, more safe and sound, more secure and all wrapped up in the word than anyone elses.

Hide contents

The Embracing Path of Love

October 25, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

My personal relationship with the Father grows daily. I am awakened to God both in the day and in the night. Just last night, after years of the same experience, I was awakened by God to get up, only to walk right into the brightest rays of the full moon I have ever experienced in my life. I was awakened at the only hour this one night when the full moon was not covered by clouds. You know—just know—in your heart, and your heart dances before your God. The heart and mind knows it is The Divine, and you can sense that the Heavens are sending His Spirit into your heart to awaken you, and always, in all my years, it is with tenderness, gentleness, and I feel elated. You are being prompted by something that is far more brilliant, powerful, brighter, keener, more beautiful, more direct, further advanced and futuristic, more safe and sound, more secure and all wrapped up in the word…God. This path of love is so embracing that you lose track of time and you look up and wonder—how did your anger become peace, joy, kindness, goodness and self-control? No one knows exactly how God’s Spirit replaces your spirit and how He lives in your heart, but each person who closes the wrong doors and seeks and opens up the right doors finds the same experience.

So Gwenny woke up needing to pee and was so sleep-befuddled that she was more peaceful than angry.  Been there, done that.  I, however, never attribute my tiny bladder to divine intervention.  Also, if she's losing track of time, it might be appropriate to start checking out those Alzheimer's screening tools.  Just sayin'...

• Haha 7

Love is... when you see the dead raised from their graves. (I thought that was the zombie apocalypse.)

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201026-172947.thumb.jpg.d1061008f36c9923ba1c8ce97cf1878f.jpg

We also learn that it's boring to drink water every day. So I'll try vodka instead. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

On FB, Gwen has started the most clueless and tone deaf Pro Ana campaign ever.

Spoiler

Day 1:

Join us as we take the next few weeks and give everything we have to birthing Spirit for 28 straight days! Imagine going into this holiday season weighing less and free from any vices! Let’s do it!

Day 2

You can’t win a fight if you don’t stay in the fight.

Keep fighting for God!

More and more prayer is the answer!

Day 3:

Just take it hour by hour. You CAN do it this hour. Don’t worry about the hours to come later today. Just focus in on what God is calling you to do NOW! This is the pain-free and stress-free path to change!

Try cutting down the number of times you eat!

I mean, how do you cut down from zero?

I rolled my eyes so hard they got stuck:

kuva.png.5e7c75eaa6d3d887ccd715e668b1cf14.png

2020 is so awesome! Sure, people are dying by the thousands but look on the bright side, if you're skeletal it means you're thinner than ever.

Day 5:

Get out your Spirit and Flesh Calendars and USE them! Make it 28 days of Spirit days! No more birthing flesh! This is it! You can do it! Make this the best holiday season yet!

Lost anyone you love? Never mind, you can still lose more weight. Who the hell  even cares that there is a raging pandemic if you can skip a meal. It's the best Christmas ever! We are so grateful for this whole turkey that we're going to throw away uneaten!

• Upvote 6

On 10/25/2020 at 11:09 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

Just last night, after years of the same experience, I was awakened by God to get up, only to walk right into the brightest rays of the full moon I have ever experienced in my life. I was awakened at the only hour this one night when the full moon was not covered by clouds. 

Gwen's god is such an asshole. Seriously, I would be pissed if god kept waking me up in the middle of the night to look at the moon. Yes Jesus, I know you think you made the moon. Go back to bed and we'll talk in the morning. If you wake me up again I'll karate chop you in the head.

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

No more birthing flesh! This is it!

What in the actual fuck? Birthing flesh may possibly be the nastiest way to say gaining weight that I've ever heard. Kudos to Gwen for making me lose my appetite.

• Upvote 4

I have been waking up in the middle of the night for years and years and years..  I have a bladder the size of a walnut. Last night (at 3:34 am) I noticed the moon as I usually do.  We're 5 days out from the Halloween full moon and last night was large and bright.

I'm a moon watcher, always have been, but I don' believe it's God waking me up to look at the moon.

RF, as I've read here, has to attribute everything to God so I guess if Gwen has a middle of the night bio-break that's God making sure she doesn't wet the bed.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

We also learn that it's boring to drink water every day. 

I actually agree with her on that one.  I prefer it flavored and fizzy.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, smittykins said:

I actually agree with her on that one.  I prefer it flavored and fizzy.

So does Jesus... he changed water into wine.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

I assumed "birthing flesh" meant babies. I was hoping there was a pause on making new RF babies. 

Also, not long ago there was a Reddit post about drinking plain water. Some person was losing their mind about some ppl not being able to drink plain water.  I was surprised by the number of comments. I was a little irritated that this person appears to not have any real problems to gripe about and yet I felt a little shamed to for not wanting to drink plain water. 

Has anyone watched Utopia(2020)? Cultish with a pandemic. If its a coincidence that it just so happened to land during an actual pandemic, then that's creepy. Especially when the truth is revealed about the vaccine. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Love is... when you see the dead raised from their graves. (I thought that was the zombie apocalypse.)

Hide contents

Screenshot_20201026-172947.thumb.jpg.d1061008f36c9923ba1c8ce97cf1878f.jpg

We also learn that it's boring to drink water every day. So I'll try vodka instead. 

Now I have this song going through my head .   

• Haha 3

I am not as impressed by the golden rule as Gwen is. I am not quite egoistic enough to assume that the things that I want are automatically what everyone else wants or needs. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201027-172615.thumb.jpg.6ebd3545d49eeb38e616669955ed7885.jpg

• Upvote 9

Flesh gives birth to flesh and the spirit gives birth to spirit. If you sin once (flesh) then you give birth to more sin and it will be even harder not to sin next time. If you obey god and abstain once (spirit) then you give birth to more spirit and it will be easier to abstain the next time. Weigh Down participants are asked to set a goal of going an entire day only following god, abstaining and birthing spirit. After that, they are asked to log their progress on a spirit-versus-flesh calendar with the goal of going an entire month where they only abstain and birth spirit. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 3

14 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

Flesh gives birth to flesh and the spirit gives birth to spirit. If you sin once (flesh) then you give birth to more sin and it will be even harder not to sin next time. If you obey god and abstain once (spirit) then you give birth to more spirit and it will be easier to abstain the next time. Weigh Down participants are asked to set a goal of going an entire day only following god, abstaining and birthing spirit. After that, they are asked to log their progress on a spirit-versus-flesh calendar with the goal of going an entire month where they only abstain and birth spirit. 

OK, I kind of get the idea, but exactly what does that entail day to day? I mean, what goes on that calendar?

"Today I abstained from slapping the crap out of my annoying co-worker" or "today I didn't throw myself at my hot neighbor"?

Seeing as how it's RF, is it more like "today I only drank diet coke and ate 2 Fritos and 3 M&Ms and resisted the juicy burger and milkshake I really wanted"?

I mean, really. If there's THAT MUCH struggle against "sin" every single day, either your concept of "sin" is way off or some sort of counseling is in order, IMO. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Well if the sin is eating we're all doomed.

IMO all these one-month challenges, or four week challenges, 40 days challenges, etc., that Gwen keeps announcing, one after another, back to back, are a sign that this lifestyle is not sustainable in the long term.

It's like a Halloween calendar followed by a Thanksgiving calendar followed by a Christmas calendar followed by a Jamless January followed by Feckless February followed by March Madness....

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

You’ve got the general idea. If you entertain lust or greed for food or self-focus or anything else in your mind other than a happy relationship with god and perfect obedience via what Gwen teaches in Weigh Down, then you have to mark flesh on your calendar and start fresh the next day. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

Would self focus be anything involving yourself?  Like -- "I must remember to call the dentist tomorrow for an appointment" or "I'm worried about grandma -- she looked so pale on Sunday."

I understand working on not being completely self-absorbed or self-involved  -- I'm not sure how you could rid yourself from all self-focus.  

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Would self focus be anything involving yourself?  Like -- "I must remember to call the dentist tomorrow for an appointment" or "I'm worried about grandma -- she looked so pale on Sunday."

I understand working on not being completely self-absorbed or self-involved  -- I'm not sure how you could rid yourself from all self-focus.  

Thinking about grandma and not yourself would be interpreted as holy, as long as you werent getting stressed or worried about it because that would mean you werent trusting in god’s power and god’s plan for her enough. Similarly, you’re allowed to think about going to the dentist if your goal is to take care of the body god gave you, but you shouldnt be vain or worried about yourself...But you are allowed to be vain under the pretext of looking good for god in order to attract people to the Remnant. The whole thing is mental gymnastics and my eyes are in danger of rolling out of my head just remembering it all. 

• Thank You 6

2 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Does Gwen believe that body fat is an actual physical manifestation of sin?

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

43 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

It seems to me that Gwen is espousing something akin to Gnosticism , in terms of Christian heresy .  {  https://www.christian-history.org/gnostic-beliefs.html  ,  https://www.phildrysdale.com/2013/07/8-ways-you-may-have-accidentally-become-a-gnostic/  } 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Yes, because the ten commandments say that idolatry is a sin and colossians 3:5 says that greed is idolatry. “Flesh gives birth to flesh but the spirit gives birth to spirit” is from John 3:6 but even without that verse Gwen would teach that being fat is a punishment for the sin of greed for food, and that greed in other areas of life are similarly sinful (and punished)

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 1
  • Thank You 3

17 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

Yes, because the ten commandments say that idolatry is a sin and colossians 3:5 says that greed is idolatry. “Flesh gives birth to flesh but the spirit gives birth to spirit” is from John 3:6 but even without that verse Gwen would teach that being fat is a punishment for the sin of greed for food, and that greed in other areas of life are similarly sinful (and punished)

I wonder what she'd make of these Bible verses then .  {  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+28%3A25&version=KJV  ,  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+13%3A4&version=KJV  ,  https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+92%3A12-14&version=KJV  }  

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, Marmion said:

It seems to me that Gwen is espousing something akin to Gnosticism , in terms of Christian heresy .  {  https://www.christian-history.org/gnostic-beliefs.html  ,  https://www.phildrysdale.com/2013/07/8-ways-you-may-have-accidentally-become-a-gnostic/  } 

It's interesting how many early Christian heresies keep getting reinvented. (Bart Ehrman has written some fascinating books about the early Christian Churches and theologies that didn't make the cut.) 

• Upvote 5

56 minutes ago, Marmion said:

No wonder Gwen forces everyone in Remnant to use the NIV translation! ?

• I Agree 4

Today we learn that Gwen has never read the Old Testament.

Spoiler

The Foundation of Good Etiquette

October 28, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

While the world teaches secular etiquette and rules that are politically correct, it is time for a comeback to true etiquette as laid out by God. Doing what the Heavens expect was given to Moses and the Prophets and Christ and his Apostles. It was based on the Ten Commandments and Mark 12, which all boiled down to love—love that is shown thru genuine compassion for God and for humans, devoid of harsh judgment, for after all, even after we all have sinned, God has given us forgiveness and compassion. I will betroth you to me forever; I will betroth you in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. Hosea 2:19

The world will talk about having respect for others, being honest and trustworthy, putting others at ease and showing kindness to everyone—that is all a part of universal success classes of Western culture—but when you leave out God and His never-changing Word, these standards are ever-changing because they are based on what man wants. The irony is that when you care to make God and His Business look good thru your words and behavior, you will attract a like-minded spouse and obtain a good job. You will win over both Saints and the world with your good behavior. Love, indeed, is the summary of the Law.

The law that was given to Moses boils down to love, devoid of harsh judgment. As you can see, Deuteronomy 21:

18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and [that], when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:

19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;

20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son [is] stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; [he is] a glutton, and a drunkard.

21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

Otherwise it's a bit prosperity-gospelish of Gwen to promise that if you do what Gwen wants you will get a good job and a good spouse.

I guess if Remnant hires you and matchmakes you...

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic