IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 14: What Happens When Tammy Faye & A Zombie Have a Love Child?

nelliebelle1197

RF observations: 

On the "Our Leaders" page on the RF website, Gwod & Joe, the Shamblins and the Hannahs have moved from the top 3 spots on the list.  In #1 position now are David and Jennifer Martin. It's... interesting . . .as the rest of the list seems to be in the same order as ever. The list isn't alphabetical. So .... why the change?  Does this signal a shift in who is in charge at RF?

The number of weddings at RF seem down from previous years.  Has COVID taken a toll and people are delaying the ceremonies?  Is RF running out of young people to marry off way too young?

Speaking of young marrieds -- In the FB shout outs RF does for anniversaries, I've noticed several couples married 3-4-5 years and no children yet or married 3-4-5  years and only 1 child.  Is this the trend now, no more get pregnant immediately/ baby within the first year? 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

It is a week until it's Christmas, that time that we decorate our houses with golden tinsel to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ  who is best known for being rich and having nice feet that you would enjoy watching.

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32819-gwen-shamblin-lara-10-hanging-onto-the-wine/?do=findComment&comment=1841435

• Upvote 6

Did I miss the discussion on this video?!

first off, I notice they only talk about the day of and not including any of the controlling decisions of Gwod herself ? 

granted I skimmed the video so I’m not 100% sure they didn’t mention the planning, but there’s only so much of her voice I can take.

also this bow situation on her dress is killing me. It’s like she wants to have a train as well. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Any one in Remnant come down with COVID?  It seems like the perfect breeding ground. 

Would they admit it? I think a lot of the fundies we snark about probably had Covid at this point since none of them seem to be careful, but I think most of them won't publicly share that.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Being controlling is bad, says woman who decides other people's wedding colors for them

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32819-gwen-shamblin-lara-10-hanging-onto-the-wine/?do=findComment&comment=1841819

When did self-awareness go out of style?

If you're struggling, for any reason, Gwen's solution is to eat less.

kuva.thumb.png.1c577eb4dbdd71e5d40b086f628ea6d6.png

Notice that the plate she cut in half is empty.

Half of zero is still zero.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Did I miss the discussion on this video?!

first off, I notice they only talk about the day of and not including any of the controlling decisions of Gwod herself ? 

granted I skimmed the video so I’m not 100% sure they didn’t mention the planning, but there’s only so much of her voice I can take.imageproxy.php?img=&key=3ab7423d8dc6a9e6

also this bow situation on her dress is killing me. It’s like she wants to have a train as well. 

I said a few things about this video on page one of this thread.  I continue to be stunned that Gwen is so controlling -- even about someone else's wedding! -- and that people just accept it.

• Upvote 4

In which Gwen does not understand that loving your neighbor as yourself means that you have to direct your love towards something on earth.

Spoiler

It is In the Heart

December 19, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

1 Comment

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” “The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.” “Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” Mark 12:28-34a

The entire law is summed up in a single command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Galatians 5:14

Look at what Mark 12 reveals: Jesus commands us to love, so we must have the capacity to love. Indeed, we have all had an entire heart of love this entire time. You do not have to go thru some journey to find it—it has been right there in your heart all along. Therefore, the question is not how do you get it, but rather how do you direct your God-given love. If you direct your love to something on Earth, you will throw away your love. But if you direct your love towards God, you will keep it in your heart and it will actually grow. If your love is towards idols, you will be dying because life will not return to you. It is a clear command all summed up in the Royal Law…that is life!

Gwen is stingy, she does not want to give her love away, she just wants to  keep it so  it will grow.. (It's the same with money: the more money she keeps the richer she will be.)

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Thank You 4

Gwen has done away with the need for faith and hope and intelligible sentence structure:

Spoiler

The Greatest Pursuit

December 21, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

1 Comment

There is faith in God and there is hope for God, but I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the greatest pursuit of all things, the superior way, the most excellent way—not for praise of man, not heart-less, philanthropic deeds done nor “deeds” inspired by satan—but the most excellent way is True Love with good words and deeds inspired by God with the right motives, which is love for God and His Kingdom of Love. True Love will never fail. Why? This is actually not complicated but rather His proof text that Love is the greatest of all pursuits on Earth and here is why: faith and hope are needed on Earth, but when you get to Heaven—faith and hope are things that are no longer needed since you see God face to face—the invisible is visible, no hoping, because you have arrived and you can touch and see for yourself. What is left? It is Love—Love is the one thing that you will be using in Heaven. It is the only thing you will need to take with you. You are not saved by faith alone; faith helps you to True Love. With faith (your mind) alone, you would have missed the heart of the matter of the purpose of the Creator with creation. You would have gained nothing on this one time passing thru this Earth. You would have accomplished nothing because the only terminals (spirits) that survive are those connected to the Mainframe Computer, and the only way to connect is to build Love with God; Love is the only connecting device.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen has done away with the need for faith and hope and intelligible sentence structure:

Hide contents

The Greatest Pursuit

December 21, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

1 Comment

There is faith in God and there is hope for God, but I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the greatest pursuit of all things, the superior way, the most excellent way—not for praise of man, not heart-less, philanthropic deeds done nor “deeds” inspired by satan—but the most excellent way is True Love with good words and deeds inspired by God with the right motives, which is love for God and His Kingdom of Love. True Love will never fail. Why? This is actually not complicated but rather His proof text that Love is the greatest of all pursuits on Earth and here is why: faith and hope are needed on Earth, but when you get to Heaven—faith and hope are things that are no longer needed since you see God face to face—the invisible is visible, no hoping, because you have arrived and you can touch and see for yourself. What is left? It is Love—Love is the one thing that you will be using in Heaven. It is the only thing you will need to take with you. You are not saved by faith alone; faith helps you to True Love. With faith (your mind) alone, you would have missed the heart of the matter of the purpose of the Creator with creation. You would have gained nothing on this one time passing thru this Earth. You would have accomplished nothing because the only terminals (spirits) that survive are those connected to the Mainframe Computer, and the only way to connect is to build Love with God; Love is the only connecting device.

I blame malnutrition.  If the woman would eat a decent meal, she might be able to string together a coherent sentence.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

My daughter just told me that an IG influencer lost her anorexia battle. I (of course) had never heard of her. From what it sounds like she should have been in an in-patient treatment facility. I immediately thought of Gwen's stupid "church"

Do not click on this link if you don't want to see a severely anorexic lady.

www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9074807/amp/Influencer-documented-anorexia-battle-social-media-dies-aged-24.html

Edited by quiversR4hunting
  • Upvote 1
  • Sad 9

I read the article and checked her instagram account and it brought tears to my eyes. She was so young and full of plans and energy and finally lost the battle. My heart goes out to her family, especially during the holidays which are probably unbearable for them at this point.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

This picture is a video for no reason.

kuva.png.ab96b58ec2fd1d18ca7257c9b348e7ca.png

Public service announcement: Everyone please stay safe this Christmas. Under no circumstances should you pour out your life. It is not helping anybody.

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Reveal hidden contents

The Greatest Pursuit

December 21, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

1 Comment

This comes across as a transcription of her talking. It is painful to listen to her

• Upvote 5

Gwen's Christmas message points out you shouldn't care about material possessions and proves it by quoting  the chapter about the people who brought baby Jesus their hearts and souls and promises to be better people ,no, wait, I've almost got it... they brought him GOLD. *rolleyes*

Then they opened their treasures and presented him with gifts of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

Gwen's Christmas message points out you shouldn't be devoted to people and proves her point by quoting  a Bible passage that describes people who are extremely devoted to people teaching and the fellowship of the people, who meet people every day,  eat together with people,  share everything  with people,  enjoy the favor of all the people, and continually add more people to their group.

Spoiler

Come…Let Us Worship Him!

December 25, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

“We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him.” Matthew 2:2b

Whom, or what, have you come to worship on this day? Do you adore the praise of family members or other people? Then you have missed the mark. Do you behold the food that is before you? Then you will become like a refrigerator. Do you adore material possessions and money? Then you will be greedy and alone. But…do you behold and adore Christ? Then you will be FULFILLED. You will become like Christ at heart, serving and worshiping the Father. Just as the men in Matthew 2 saw His star in the east and traveled a distance to worship Him, we should look for His signs, seek to be near Him, and worship Him above all things. Psalm 34:5 tells us, “Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.” So come…let us worship Him!

The early Christians understood how wonderful the grace of God was that He allowed all who repented and turned toward Him, believing in Him as the one true God and Jesus as the Son of God, to become children of God – even the Gentiles. These Christians were so appropriately humbled that they met together daily to encourage one another. Do the same today – devote your heart to Christ and God, not the food, people, or things around you. Encourage one another. Enjoy your fellowship with glad and sincere hearts and radiant faces, filled with praise and true worship!

They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved
Acts 2:42-27

Here's Joe and Gwen with a sash  in a  lovely decorated setting that does not look at all materialistic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJOnGaGBt9x/

Her arms are very thin, thinner than her hair.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

On 12/18/2020 at 6:33 AM, AmazonGrace said:

If you're struggling, for any reason, Gwen's solution is to eat less.

This is simply grotesque.  Remnant Fellowship seems to be, first, about Gwen creating eating disorders and then controlling the caloric intake of every single person in her "congregation" and then controlling every other aspect of their lives.  She is extremely dangerous. 

GWOD 12:25  Do you behold the food that is before you? Then you will become like a refrigerator.  

I watched the wedding video with the sound off.  There is food. I wonder if there is a lot of internal and external policing of food intake that goes on, like monitoring if someone takes THREE instead of ONE of the little finger foods, and how women take ONE and then walk around without actually eating it. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

If you're divorced it is likely to be your own fault for being too domineering.

Spoiler

Building True Relationships

December 26, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

Comments are off

He who loves a pure heart and whose speech is gracious will have the king for his friend.
Proverbs 22:11

This Christmas, did you give gifts to people you are close to? How did you build those relationships? Just giving a gift at Christmas does not do it. The true gift of heartfelt LOVE is what builds relationships, and to offer this to others, you must start with a relationship with God FIRST! How many relationships have you run through in your life? This is telling. If people are not really close to you, well, guess what…there is usually a reason. Are you always domineering, going your own way? Quite frankly, it is impossible to have a relationship with someone like that. Humility builds relationships; stubbornness blocks them. Do you want people to care for you? Then follow the lead, go with the Spirit. Do not dominate conversation or the direction of your time together. Have a quiet listening spirit, and you will really get to know others. And above all, make sure you have this quiet, humble, serving spirit with God FIRST! Build your relationship with God by finding out – and doing – what He truly wants you to do, not just what you think He might want! Examine THIS relationship first and foremost, and the rest will follow!

So sayeth Gwen, and she should know.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Humility builds relationships

:laughing-rolling: omg, I can't believe Gwen said/wrote that with a straight face! I miss the book version of the dictionary to see if she really meant the word before or after humility. And she has no idea what builds relationships because all she does is use people and dictate.

She resembles these antonyms of humility (curtosy of m-w.com ) 

arrogance, assumption, 

bumptiousness, conceit, egoism, egotism, haughtiness, hauteur, 

huffiness, imperiousness, loftiness, lordliness, peremptoriness, 

pomposity, pompousness, 

presumptuousness, pretense

(or pretence), pretension, 

pretentiousness, pride, 

pridefulness, superciliousness, 

superiority, toploftiness

• Upvote 4

On 12/23/2020 at 6:19 PM, Xan said:

I blame malnutrition.  If the woman would eat a decent meal, she might be able to string together a coherent sentence.

I have often wondered this myself. How much of her brainpower is greatly reduced by having so few nutrients left for her body and brain to pull energy from? Some of this is just plain delusion/possible mental illness on its own. (Thinking she’s the ONE with all the answers, God chose HER to tell people to be skinny, and so on.) Then you throw years of malnutrition on top of it and what has that done to her brain? It’s scary to think about. I also wonder about her osteoporosis risk. Constantly depriving her body for years and years will lead to weaker bones as well and if she fell or got hurt healing from a fracture could be a long uphill battle. I also wonder how often she and other people in this group (I refuse to call it a religion or church) Suffer from fainting spells, dizziness and lethargy...the more obvious signs of hunger, and possibly depending on how they fast dehydration?

Edited by SunnySide
More words to say
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Gwen frequently adds this sort of sash detail to her outfits:

593034174_Screenshot(2674).png.eec94080fef6586c6dbcba50831d604c.png

I've noticed this before.  Is it a fashion statement?  Does she think the diagonal line makes her look thinner?  Is it a sash that she wears for Jesus?  What?

Other examples:

Spoiler

639809051_Screenshot(2679).png.3e9719e33b3b0c997518f7f790e78b83.png353408453_Screenshot(2678).png.44729a7be526289b65dec22047401c18.png89922805_Screenshot(2681).png.464f0355ed7d4ff16121ba8875043eac.png

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

I moseyed over here to see if Gwen and family had a nice Xmas dinner.  Silly me, the first post I see is about how to cut your food plate in half.  Good grief, how is that scrawny pile of dead hair still alive?  I see a heart attack in her future.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Xan said:

Gwen frequently adds this sort of sash detail to her outfits:

593034174_Screenshot(2674).png.eec94080fef6586c6dbcba50831d604c.png

I've noticed this before.  Is it a fashion statement?  Does she think the diagonal line makes her look thinner?  Is it a sash that she wears for Jesus?  What?

Other examples:

Reveal hidden contents

639809051_Screenshot(2679).png.3e9719e33b3b0c997518f7f790e78b83.png353408453_Screenshot(2678).png.44729a7be526289b65dec22047401c18.png89922805_Screenshot(2681).png.464f0355ed7d4ff16121ba8875043eac.png

I once asked friends of ours who are in RF and the friend had no idea what I was talking about. It seemed like at one point they were often little purses, so I even asked if it was a medical thing, but until I showed my friend pictures she had no idea what I was talking about. It's so common they don't even notice it I guess?

• Thank You 4

7 hours ago, Blue said:

I once asked friends of ours who are in RF and the friend had no idea what I was talking about. It seemed like at one point they were often little purses, so I even asked if it was a medical thing, but until I showed my friend pictures she had no idea what I was talking about. It's so common they don't even notice it I guess?

At one point, it was a fashion trend in Remnant to have a small crossbody purse like Gwen. This was a while ago though. There were crafty people who even sold them at the Zion Market and accepted orders year round. My theory at that time was that she didn’t like carrying a big purse all around the church and would have just her phone in the tiny crossbody and her normal purse in her office. 

• Thank You 6

Trigger Warning: Anorexia

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but has anyone seen Elizabeth Hannah‘s (Gwen’s daughter) latest public IG pictures ( Elizabeth.hannah77).As someone who has suffered anorexia, I can see this poor woman is extremely ill. Even her youngest son (no idea of age, maybe around  seven) is almost as tall as her and probably weighs more. At least her children look like they’re of a healthy weight. I wish she could get professional help, but their cult just encourages anorexia and probably praises her for her ‘self control’ over food. It’s awful to see and I hope she can recover.

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic