IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 14: What Happens When Tammy Faye & A Zombie Have a Love Child?

nelliebelle1197

22 hours ago, FilleMondaine said:

Oh em gee, Oh em gee. So, reading about Amy Barrett, and finding out that people were paired up at the leader's house.

Of course, I thought of Remnant!

Also , for what it's worth , it is characteristic of behavior control .   

Dictate where, how, and with whom the member lives and associates or isolates

When, how and with whom the member has sex .  Permission required for major decisions.  

https://freedomofmind.com/bite-model/ 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

18 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Jesus ate no food, Jesus ate good deeds. Be like Jesus. Screenshot_20201012-133650.thumb.jpg.ad9bf7415b3914cb54aa224080c69d76.jpg

Gwen has lost her mind.  Jesus would have eaten like anyone else.  The Last Supper?  It wasn't "The Last Polite Conversation Around A Table With No Food".

She's now tied with Jill on the belief in "perpetual demonic attacks".  It isn't just about being good.  Now they have to be "strong and upright" because demons are hiding everywhere and tempting them.  This is just so much B.S.

• Upvote 5

22 hours ago, Xan said:

Gwen has lost her mind.

Pretty sure her brain needs a minimum number of carbs to function... and she's in permanent brain fog.

• Upvote 8

Gwen wants you to live very simply in tents.

Spoiler

A Wonder-Filled Respect and Fear of the Lord

October 14, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. Proverbs 9:10

By considering God with wonder-filled fear and awe, we will automatically find this wisdom and this knowledge of God, which is priceless! This fear of God is natural in the beginning of a child’s life if the parent encourages it from birth and does not suffocate this fear of God with their own selfish ambitions on this Earth. God had the Israelites live very simply in life, living in tents where the doors opened facing the Presence of God Himself in the Most Holy of Holies at the center of the camp in the Tent of Tabernacle. Imagine growing up in that way…waking up and facing God every day, with a family that is getting up and sacrificing to God first thing in the morning, worshiping Him and praying to God throughout the day, living simply, waiting for the word from Moses, which would give the direction from God, watching the fire at night to go to sleep knowing that this warm, loving protection was over each family and each tribe in that cold night…then sleeping in peace and waking to the precious cloud by day that kept them cool and protected them from the heat of the sun. How wise will be the children raised up in this atmosphere! What is more, in God’s genius, He rewards those who adoringly fear Him and give Him their love, time, respect and attention. Bottom line, those families who give their lives to this wondrous God will be rewarded.

Gwen lives in a luxury mansion.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

October 14, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. Proverbs 9:10

By considering God with wonder-filled fear and awe, we will automatically find this wisdom and this knowledge of God, which is priceless! This fear of God is natural in the beginning of a child’s life if the parent encourages it from birth and does not suffocate this fear of God with their own selfish ambitions on this Earth. God had the Israelites live very simply in life, living in tents where the doors opened facing the Presence of God Himself in the Most Holy of Holies at the center of the camp in the Tent of Tabernacle. Imagine growing up in that way…waking up and facing God every day, with a family that is getting up and sacrificing to God first thing in the morning, worshiping Him and praying to God throughout the day, living simply, waiting for the word from Moses, which would give the direction from God, watching the fire at night to go to sleep knowing that this warm, loving protection was over each family and each tribe in that cold night…then sleeping in peace and waking to the precious cloud by day that kept them cool and protected them from the heat of the sun. How wise will be the children raised up in this atmosphere! What is more, in God’s genius, He rewards those who adoringly fear Him and give Him their love, time, respect and attention. Bottom line, those families who give their lives to this wondrous God will be rewarded.

Remember the RF tents from awhile back? They looked like the tents from Harry Potter. There was ornate furniture and silver plates with gorgeous food that no one would get to eat. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Reveal hidden contents

October 14, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Pretty sure all of that didn't help the children much, because Israel's history is pretty much a repeating story of making solid commitments to follow God, failing to do so, begging for forgiveness, and then starting all over again. This would hold more weight if all these tents facing the right way actually changed the course of the Israeli people.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Blue said:

Pretty sure all of that didn't help the children much, because Israel's history is pretty much a repeating story of making solid commitments to follow God, failing to do so, begging for forgiveness, and then starting all over again. This would hold more weight if all these tents facing the right way actually changed the course of the Israeli people.

It's so Gwen-tessentially Gwen though. Of course the woman who color coordinates other people's weddings would make a fuss about what direction your tent faces. It's all about the facade.

kuva.png.d30b41446c8c2f5e4fa006ccc045ac28.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 2

52 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It's so Gwen-tessentially Gwen though. Of course the woman who color coordinates other people's weddings would make a fuss about what direction your tent faces. It's all about the facade.

kuva.png.d30b41446c8c2f5e4fa006ccc045ac28.png

So so true.

Unrelated, is there a former member who might be willing to answer a question for me? I'm curious about how Gwen talks about a topic, but asking publicly would most definitely identify me to certain members of the group.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Ugh. Gwen is awful.

If God sent her manna from heaven, she'd find a reason to say eating it is evil.

Given that she rejects the Triune God, I would agree with that statement.  She probably would believe it Satan tempting her.

• Upvote 3

If you have enough gwodly fear what more could you need?  Join Remnant and you're off the hook, your family won't need a roof over their heads, healthcare, clothes, food on the table...

Spoiler

True Wisdom

October 15, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Wisdom is a wonderful reward, but this essential loving fear gives back so much more than just wisdom. The family, in fact, will have no needs if this loving fear is the true pursuit of the father and the mother and the children. It is the fountain of life…

But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love. Psalm 33:18

The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them. Psalm 34:7

He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Psalm 112:7

This is beautiful protection! But there is even more than protection. There is long life, the fountain of life. This loving fear prolongs your days…

The fear of the Lord adds length to life, but the years of the wicked are cut short. Proverbs 10:27

Through love and faithfulness sin is atoned for; through the fear of the Lord a man avoids evil. Proverbs 16:6

The fear of the Lord leads to life: then one rests content, untouched by trouble. Proverbs 19:23

Humility and the fear of the Lord bring wealth and honor and life. Proverbs 22:4

This is insurance beyond insurance—no trouble, no fear, protection, a deliverance from evil, being given the fountain of life and the promise of a long life! What else could a mere mortal ask for? What more could a family need?

kuva.thumb.png.60c0146e8d517918585bfeeebb3ac6c1.png

The Almighty Supreme Being can be thwarted by a meal.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

On 10/15/2020 at 10:30 AM, AmazonGrace said:

If you have enough gwodly fear what more could you need?  Join Remnant and you're off the hook, your family won't need a roof over their heads, healthcare, clothes, food on the table...

Funny thing is, AmazonGrace's statement rings true and that is one way they suck you in.... When your eyes have not been opened yet to reality, your needs are either met literally or you act like they are and don't even know you are acting! The sense of community is so unlike the "real world" that it feels like you are in a dream. We had never seen anything like it and that was one of several reasons my family was sucked in. Mr FreefromRF would say it was like he imagined the jewish community had been, and maybe still is to a degree. 

For example:

-If you went to your Fellowship group they always asked "are there any needs?" A member would say "Our dryer broke" and another member would say "I have one in my garage you can have. (and offer to bring it and set it up for you).

-If you needed a place to stay, someone would offer their home (or be "asked" by leadership to offer and not dare refuse!).

-I was at house of a fairly well of member once and they got a call "on behalf of Gwen" that someone needed tires and they agreed to buy them.

-We lent out a vehicle for extended periods to several people- once it was to a family for close to 6 months and when it needed an oil change or brakes or other service, they would bring it by so we could get that taken care of! Now I think "they should have at least paid for maintenance" but at the time, this seemed "normal" and we felt "honored" that we could help a "saint."

Other ex members.....what were your experiences with getting your needs met or the crazy things you were expected to do to meet someone else's needs.

OOPS...... I forgot to capitalize "saint" in my above post.... I would probably get a call from 

"leadership" if I were still in...OOPS- did it again and didn't capilalize "leadership." I am such a sinner....

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, FreefromRF said:

Funny thing is, AmazonGrace's statement rings true and that is one way they suck you in.... When your eyes have not been opened yet to reality, your needs are either met literally or you act like they are and don't even know you are acting! The sense of community is so unlike the "real world" that it feels like you are in a dream. We had never seen anything like it and that was one of several reasons my family was sucked in. Mr FreefromRF would say it was like he imagined the jewish community had been, and maybe still is to a degree. 

For example:

-If you went to your Fellowship group they always asked "are there any needs?" A member would say "Our dryer broke" and another member would say "I have one in my garage you can have. (and offer to bring it and set it up for you).

-If you needed a place to stay, someone would offer their home (or be "asked" by leadership to offer and not dare refuse!).

-I was at house of a fairly well of member once and they got a call "on behalf of Gwen" that someone needed tires and they agreed to buy them.

-We lent out a vehicle for extended periods to several people- once it was to a family for close to 6 months and when it needed an oil change or brakes or other service, they would bring it by so we could get that taken care of! Now I think "they should have at least paid for maintenance" but at the time, this seemed "normal" and we felt "honored" that we could help a "saint."

In this context , this could be considered to constitute a form of love bombing .  {  https://www.healthline.com/health/love-bombing#overwhelming-intensity  ,  https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/in-excess/201902/love-bombing  ,  http://whatmakesacult.com/love-bombing-cult-tactic/  }   Their love and kindness is conditional though .  That's what makes it the carrot , in the carrot and stick approach .  

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

14 hours ago, Marmion said:

In this context , this could be considered to constitute a form of love bombing .  {  https://www.healthline.com/health/love-bombing#overwhelming-intensity  ,  https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/in-excess/201902/love-bombing  ,  http://whatmakesacult.com/love-bombing-cult-tactic/  }   Their love and kindness is conditional though .  That's what makes it the carrot , in the carrot and stick approach .  

I appreciate you bringing the psychological terms to people’s anecdotes. It helps me to identify similar situations in my real world. Thank you

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

If you want to be like Jesus you have to rank your kids,  Treat the oldest son like the prince he is, the daughters like the maid or the mice.

Spoiler

The Example of Christ

October 17, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge. Proverbs 14:26

For this loving fear of God to grow in our hearts, it is essential to adore Christ. Each family member practices all the characteristics of Christ as they learn about and apply God’s authority lines—the correct roles for the father, for the mother, for the son, for the daughter, for the eldest child and for the line of authority all the way up. We learn by practicing submission at home, sharing at home, loving at home, with the greatest respect for each individual there, and demonstrating all the fruits of the Spirit at home…love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23) If this is not done in the home, it will not be done outside the home. And if the family does not implement this, the whole Church suffers and will not be strong. It has to be taught and upheld in the home.

Because that's what Jesus did with his own children.

kuva.png.69dc251e57306b64c25c5212ffaa05f7.png

Gwen isn't greedy, she's wealth-oriented.

Usually we get colored leaves this season but those leaves are very white.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

On 10/17/2020 at 10:11 AM, FreefromRF said:

For example:

Other ex members.....what were your experiences with getting your needs met or the crazy things you were expected to do to meet someone else's needs.

OOPS...... I forgot to capitalize "saint" in my above post.... I would probably get a call from 

"leadership" if I were still in...OOPS- did it again and didn't capilalize "leadership." I am such a sinner....

That is definitely what sucked a lot of our family members in. You get someone who is going through a really rough patch in life, and they're very vulnerable. They aren't sure what direction to go into next, they're worried about the future, both immediate and long term, and they have a bunch of big decisions that are hard and scary to make...

... then they go to RF. All of a sudden the prophet knows what direction they should go in, and they have a community to take care of their needs (housing, vehicles, jobs, school, etc...), and rather than stressing over the big decisions, they just trust that someone else will tell them what to do.

It's almost like you don't have to fully grow up and be an adult... which is where they want you. They want to dependent and terrified of making your own decisions in the real world. Your job, housing, friends, family, and everything is fully intertwined so that the mere thought of leaving means loosing everything. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

That is definitely what sucked a lot of our family members in. You get someone who is going through a really rough patch in life, and they're very vulnerable. They aren't sure what direction to go into next, they're worried about the future, both immediate and long term, and they have a bunch of big decisions that are hard and scary to make...

... then they go to RF. All of a sudden the prophet knows what direction they should go in, and they have a community to take care of their needs (housing, vehicles, jobs, school, etc...), and rather than stressing over the big decisions, they just trust that someone else will tell them what to do.

It's almost like you don't have to fully grow up and be an adult... which is where they want you. They want to dependent and terrified of making your own decisions in the real world. Your job, housing, friends, family, and everything is fully intertwined so that the mere thought of leaving means loosing everything. 

It's a cult and this is how people get sucked into them. 

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

It's a cult and this is how people get sucked into them. 

Yup! The difference between a church and a cult is what happens when you leave! If you can't leave without losing everything, you were sucked into a cult.

Edited by Blue
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, Blue said:

It's almost like you don't have to fully grow up and be an adult... which is where they want you. They want to dependent and terrified of making your own decisions in the real world. Your job, housing, friends, family, and everything is fully intertwined so that the mere thought of leaving means loosing everything

It's what's known as age regression . https://www.decision-making-confidence.com/brainwashing-techniques.html

Cults will also use the following techniques to manipulate that are not necessarily used in the brainwashing techniques described above:

hypnosis

deceit - double agendas - the victim thinks they are getting one thing, but the reality is they are getting something else

love bombing - showering of new members with love and affection to make them feel special

childish games to cause age regression and encourage obedience

no questions or criticism of the leadership is allowed

new members are usually accompanied by more experienced members and are not given time alone to think

cults encourage financial commitment as a way to encourage psychological commitment

loaded language - complex ideas are condensed into short sound bites which means the members think less

chanting, singing, dancing, body therapies - all reduce critical thinking

,  https://www.decision-making-confidence.com/mind-control-methods.html

On top of all this, cults tell the new members that they are defective in some way, their lives are not working, they are sinners in the eyes of God, they're poor, they're worthless, useless or even mentally ill. Self confidence is undermined and they begin to look to the environment for clues about how to think and act.

The problems they have in their lives are put in the spotlight and magnified. Some groups even use age regression to have members find experiences in the past where there were upset, frustrated and angry and so on, and then blame the parents for these experiences, saying the parents were/are incapable of loving them. How's that for distancing somebody from their past?!?

• Upvote 3

Have many of you seen the show, "The Path"? It's marvelous, and a swell look at what cults look like from the inside. Even "healthier" cults like this one. It's on Hulu, is a fictional miniseries, and is so good. I found it so cathartic.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, FilleMondaine said:

Have many of you seen the show, "The Path"? It's marvelous, and a swell look at what cults look like from the inside. Even "healthier" cults like this one. It's on Hulu, is a fictional miniseries, and is so good. I found it so cathartic.

OMG, Yes! I binge watched it and found it very cathartic as well...sometimes it gets a little weird but there was lots to relate to!

I found that the Leah Remini Series about Scientology was actually healing. So many similarities....But, I found myself grateful that although I spent quite a few years in RF feeling sure I was going to hell if I ate one too many bites or if I did not do what Gwen (and her cronies) "advised", at least it did not result in my signing a million year contract...

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic